"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:15 am

dragonballhero wrote:I've got a question. Does anyone feel like this arc is going pull a DC Comics on us? Like, I don't know, reset something, or whatever?
You mean like a reboot?
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:03 am

dragonballhero wrote:I've got a question. Does anyone feel like this arc is going pull a DC Comics on us? Like, I don't know, reset something, or whatever?
I think the Super Dragon Ball's will be used to restore the destroyed Universes, including Universe's 13-18

Fizzer
Advanced Regular

Post by Fizzer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:36 am

shadowmaria wrote:
I think the Super Dragon Ball's will be used to restore the destroyed Universes, including Universe's 13-18
This is one of the possibilities I'm expecting too. The other six universes seed has been planted, the wish will be to "restore all the universes which have been destroyed", which will restore all 18 universes including some omni-universal threat from one of the other six universes.

Either that, or the destruction will be undone with a wish that Beerus had never come seeking the Super Saiyan God, undoing all of Super, and resetting to EoZ.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:52 am

shadowmaria wrote:
I think they will try to but the Dragon will be like, paraphrased "Well this is awkward...I cant grant this wish. It is not within my power to go against the will of Zeno"
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:30 am

Lord Frieza wrote:Him wanting the tournament was throwing all the lower universes a bone because without it they would all just be killed.
There's no need to complicate this. Zen'ou alone came up with the tournament, that's all there is to it.
GodKaio-Ken wrote:I think they will try to but the Dragon will be like, paraphrased "Well this is awkward...I cant grant this wish. It is not within my power to go against the will of Zeno"
Zunou said they can grant every wish, and he knows everything.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:40 am

alakazam^ wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Him wanting the tournament was throwing all the lower universes a bone because without it they would all just be killed.
There's no need to complicate this. Zen'ou alone came up with the tournament, that's all there is to it.
GodKaio-Ken wrote:I think they will try to but the Dragon will be like, paraphrased "Well this is awkward...I cant grant this wish. It is not within my power to go against the will of Zeno"
I'm not taking Zunou as proof of a plot point that hadnt been conceived at the time.

Youre implying the Super Dragon Balls are stronger than Zeno. Id bet my life they cant kill him at the very least.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:13 pm

As far as we know, they can. The imperfect sets were the ones with stated limits.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:22 pm

I believe Super DBs can undo Zeno's damage, but I feel like they couldn't killed by him. Maybe Zeno would just be dead for one second and then get up all well, so that the Super DBs would have technically killed him, but just for an instant.

Kaioshin, when asked by Goku about the Future Zeno, said that there was no way he could have been defeated - and as far as they knew, Zamasu and Goku Black could have wished the Divine Dragon to kill Zeno.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:44 pm

emperior wrote:I believe Super DBs can undo Zeno's damage, but I feel like they couldn't killed by him. Maybe Zeno would just be dead for one second and then get up all well, so that the Super DBs would have technically killed him, but just for an instant.

Kaioshin, when asked by Goku about the Future Zeno, said that there was no way he could have been defeated - and as far as they knew, Zamasu and Goku Black could have wished the Divine Dragon to kill Zeno.

Yeah, at the very least they cant kill him. The entire tournament could have been avoided that way.

I honestly dont think that can undo anything he does though. Yes they are considered all powerful...but I just cant see it happening. Its too much of a reach.

Basically the Super Dragon Balls may be a hack in the system but Zeno stands outside the system itself. Just my 2 cents.

I should rephrase a little bit. I dont think the Super Dragon Balls can undo something being erased.

Why not wish back Future Trunks timeline minus Zamasu of they are truly limitless?
Last edited by GodKaio-Ken on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Power Metal
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Power Metal » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:47 pm

Fizzer wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
This is one of the possibilities I'm expecting too. The other six universes seed has been planted, the wish will be to "restore all the universes which have been destroyed", which will restore all 18 universes including some omni-universal threat from one of the other six universes.
I can picture that being a possibility though the thing that makes it seem less likely is, what would stop Zeno from just erasing everything, including the threat, again?
Fizzer wrote:Either that, or the destruction will be undone with a wish that Beerus had never come seeking the Super Saiyan God, undoing all of Super, and resetting to EoZ.
I really hope this isn't how its turns out. It would essentially make Super the new Dallas.
It was all a dream.
I do far more lurking than actual posting.

https://www.last.fm/user/AlexPowerMetal

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:30 pm

in regards to the whole SSB burns stamina thing, it's relative. The manga's stamina burning is VERY bad from what we've seen. In the anime, though Goku at one point said it burns fast, we've seen him and Vegeta last plenty in the form especially when they're pacing themselves. They aren't using the power at max all the time and it's still perfect ki control and containment. But like anyone else, they will get tired. i mean, it's inevitable. and they still have their limits until they go beyond it. Imagine being able to lift a certain amount, but you're going and going and going. You're eventually going to get tired even if you've "mastered" it especially when it's a very intense workout.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:52 pm

So both History of Trunks and this current saga take place in Age 780.

So why does Trunks look so much older in History of Trunks?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:54 pm

Bullza wrote:So both History of Trunks and this current saga take place in Age 780.

Because for some reason no one can be arsed to make designs for aged up Goten & Trunks. Either that or the people behind this think kids won't watch it unless you have kid characters in it which is REALLY stupid since Goten & Trunks are MIA for massive swaths of time.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:00 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Bullza wrote:So both History of Trunks and this current saga take place in Age 780.

Because for some reason no one can be arsed to make designs for aged up Goten & Trunks. Either that or the people behind this think kids won't watch it unless you have kid characters in it which is REALLY stupid since Goten & Trunks are MIA for massive swaths of time.
That's probably why they haven't bothered they are barely in it. Plus it's easier to write them out as "oh they're inexperienced silly little children".

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:02 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:

That's probably why they haven't bothered they are barely in it. Plus it's easier to write them out as "oh they're inexperienced silly little children".
Ye because the adults like Gohan look REAL smart for not abusing the shit out of SSGod to power before the tournament or all collectively going into the ROSAT for five minutes so Old Kai can power them up with his ritual.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:02 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:

Maybe one day Trunks wakes up and suddenly realizes that he's 1 foot taller? I mean, Goku also had abnormal growth spurts.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:03 pm

If U6 gets erased down the road in this tournament, even though Champa is an asshole it would be interesting to see how Beerus reacts to this; Beerus does care for him as he did use his wish he won from the Champa arc to benefit his brother.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:15 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: Because for some reason no one can be arsed to make designs for aged up Goten & Trunks. Either that or the people behind this think kids won't watch it unless you have kid characters in it which is REALLY stupid since Goten & Trunks are MIA for massive swaths of time.
Ye because the adults like Gohan look REAL smart for not abusing the shit out of SSGod to power before the tournament or all collectively going into the ROSAT for five minutes so Old Kai can power them up with his ritual.
But didn't Vegeta blow the RoSaT up again? Or am I mis-remebering?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:17 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: That's probably why they haven't bothered they are barely in it. Plus it's easier to write them out as "oh they're inexperienced silly little children".
But didn't Vegeta blow the RoSaT up again? Or am I mis-remebering?
Ye because we don't have stuff that can fix it really quickly like Whis or Namekian Dragon Balls :P

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:20 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:
I'm not taking Zunou as proof of a plot point that hadnt been conceived at the time.

Youre implying the Super Dragon Balls are stronger than Zeno. Id bet my life they cant kill him at the very least.
It'd be more realistic to try and ask the dragon to revive everyone back and have everyone reside in the winning universe. Hopefully to help balance out the mortal level with the exempt universes
How i predict the tournament will end: