"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:54 pm

I think there's something missing in this tournament that feels like a bunch of people fighting against each other... Something like #18 beating a random fighter then comes another and kicks this fighter and starts fighting #18 instead
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:56 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:Sorry for the double post but I just had a thought I wanted to put out there.

Is the relationship between Beerus and Champa supposed to parallel Goku and Vegeta? Well the reverse.

Is this why Whis is so convinced they will "Never work together" because he has seen the same script play out before? It would make sense if you consider Goku and Vegeta as also being potential future Hakaioshin.
I think it's just more like he has seen Goku and vegeta avoid working together before. The first time he trained both of them at the same time they contently got in each others way and they've both said team work is something they don't like to do. Hit further home, when he witnesses Vegeta stand there and watch while Goku fights Freeza alone despite him being a threat to everyones lives.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:05 pm

Last thought....Zeno is the worst boss ever.

He hires you, doesnt really tell you what the job goal is, gives you an assistant that with infinite power but no real desire to progress you, then after 20 years with the company tells you hes been grading you on some made up system hes never mentioned and noone understands but it turns out after your long service...he kills you.

Except the entire time he never says a word. Its his secretary doing it but younknow its him....
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:12 pm

It's kind of weird some of the other characters we saw taken down like that spinning robot and that fat sumo wrestler pig...haven't been knocked out of the ring. So as far as we know they're still there.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:24 pm

precita wrote:It's kind of weird some of the other characters we saw taken down like that spinning robot and that fat sumo wrestler pig...haven't been knocked out of the ring. So as far as we know they're still there.
In Freezas case, all the cares is wanting to torture people, I guess he will change his mind after witnessing U9 being erased, and he was even considering joining that team..

U10 is done in episode 99 IMO, 2 of their fighters got KOd in episode 98(green guy with bandages by Vegeta, Napapa by Freeza), Gyum will job to Krillin.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:50 pm

A couple of Toshio San's tweets make it seem like next week's episode will be funny. Hopefully it's a good mix of epic action and some funny interactions. I'll facepalm though if...

[spoiler]Kuririn's DQ is actually something really silly... XD[/spoiler]

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:00 am

OLKv3 wrote:
Nero<>Akira wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: I'm watching Buu arc via Kai and Vegeta went against Kid Buu in base for his R1 despite the fact he saw SS3 Goku get knocked the hell out. So it's not like it's exclusive to Super this using and staying in Base at the start of a big fight.

Also Freeza has mastered Golden now but he's still running around in Base for the moment also. Given the fact that senzu are banned it's smart of them to pace themselves I like your analogy, walking is base, SS is like jogging and SSGSS is like running, the way they both utilised Base, SS and SSGSS I thought was pretty darn clever. I see a few people complain that going SSGSS was not necessary maybe maybe not but it wasn't worth the risk sticking with the analogies if you're in a race and you are ahead and you are jogging up and see the finish line you're gonna run and secure the victory you ain't gonna take the risk of the pace of a jog are you?
First of all, Toei are idiots for leaving fillers in the boo arc even though they cut it down like the whole dead enemies in hell watching goku and boo fight. it's just... ugh. and Vegeta never fought Boo in the manga at base. he fought him once and that was in SSJ2. it had nothing to do with tiring himself out. the anime just added filler and was just having him be.. stupid and "buying time" but not really since he was taking Goku's place.
Vegeta did fight Boo in Base in the manga. He never transformed into SSJ after being revived.
I did forget about that but the situation was in regards to when goku powered down from exhaustion in the anime and then vegeta went at him for a bit and then goku came back.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:20 am

Noah wrote:I think there's something missing in this tournament that feels like a bunch of people fighting against each other... Something like #18 beating a random fighter then comes another and kicks this fighter and starts fighting #18 instead
Chaos?
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:47 am

Noah wrote:I think there's something missing in this tournament that feels like a bunch of people fighting against each other... Something like #18 beating a random fighter then comes another and kicks this fighter and starts fighting #18 instead
Yeah, I wanted more action from all sides (and everyone trying to eliminate a giant Bergamo), but I guess we're just getting a big U7 wank-fest from the looks of it.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:41 am

MainJPW wrote:
Yeah, I wanted more action from all sides (and everyone trying to eliminate a giant Bergamo), but I guess we're just getting a big U7 wank-fest from the looks of it.
I'm not surprised U7 has been given all the main focus especially early on. Though i did at least hope for a bit more of everyone else.

In the end its what like 20 minutes a week to try and show a lot...I think once its down a bit more they will possibly focus on other remaining universes.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:45 am

Now that jiren is storng as hell and uni 7 seems to stand no chance against 11..
My guess would be universe 10 wins, and gowasu restores our universe
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:14 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Now that jiren is storng as hell and uni 7 seems to stand no chance against 11..
What implies U7 stands no chance against U11?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:56 am

Jigurashi wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Now that jiren is storng as hell and uni 7 seems to stand no chance against 11..
There are some seemingly fake spoilers being bandied around, where they say the Pride Troopers are going to crush U7 or something like that.
Herms deemed them fake on his twitter.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:25 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
There are some seemingly fake spoilers being bandied around, where they say the Pride Troopers are going to crush U7 or something like that.
If they crushed U7 they would EASILY crush everyone else too. Thats not just a U7 problem. Most likely fake though Id assume.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:40 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Toppo is their number Two. Unless the rest are very close to Toppo in strength (not likely) then it's not going to be as overwhelming as these spoilers make it out to be. Goku Vegeta and Frieza (maybe Gohan) will be able to hold their own individually against the pride troopers. It all depends on how strong their weak links are. U7 is already at a disadvantage since Krillin gets disqualified next week. But I do have a feeling their weakest fighters are much stronger than our weakest ones.
How i predict the tournament will end:

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:49 am

Looking at toshio twitter it seems that he does like hit and cabba hopefully hit and cabba do very well in the tourney
Plus he's writing this week episode too hopefully he can give krillin a lot of good moments before being disqualified

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:12 am

Cabba needs a good moment asap because all he has done is lose and become the saiyan girls buttmonkey.

The ToP will mostly be focused on U6,U7 and U11. Champa has been gotten the most of screen time after Beerus out of all Hakaishins.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:20 am

perucho1990 wrote:Cabba needs a good moment asap because all he has done is lose and become the saiyan girls buttmonkey.

The ToP will mostly be focused on U6,U7 and U11. Champa has been gotten the most of screen time after Beerus out of all Hakaishins.
Nah, Cabba is an afterthought at this point.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

AndyAvenue91

Post by AndyAvenue91 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:29 am

pacz360 wrote:Looking at toshio twitter it seems that he does like hit and cabba hopefully hit and cabba do very well in the tourney
Have we seen anything of Hit yet other than his arrival with U6? I'm expecting/hoping he will have a big role to play in this tournament considering his prominence in the last one, I feel we are just waiting on the number of competitors being thinned down and then the main characters/heavy hitters will really have their chance to shine.

Edit: Ignore me, I hadn't realised it was Hit who stopped the spinning robot fella with Basil!
Xbox GT: Andy Avenue
IG: andyavenue91

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:32 am

DainIronfoot wrote:A couple of Toshio San's tweets make it seem like next week's episode will be funny. Hopefully it's a good mix of epic action and some funny interactions. I'll facepalm though if...

[spoiler]Kuririn's DQ is actually something really silly... XD[/spoiler]

I'm not a fan of his episodes. They are usually the most boring episodes. So this news kind makes me a little disappointed. Who wants funny? this is a life or death situation, the universe is at stakes? Reminds me of Zeno where he ''Thanks everyone for coming!" ...seriously?