"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:24 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Basako wrote:Should be like this:

Caulifla - 'Oh, super saiyan blue!! It's amazing, can you teach it to me?'
Goku - 'Remember when I offered you my hand? What did you do???'
Caulifla - 'Oh, but...'
Goku - 'Too late. You are a bitch and I have enough with my wife.'

Then Goku in blue eliminates Caulifla.
That would be the prefered and ideal outcome xD
A better one would be Goku slapping her hand like how she slapped his, you know since Goku has a habbit of an eye for an eye type of fight, or better yet, BITE HER HANDS!
Ki Breaker wrote:Cauliflowa makes me realize freeza was right about destroying Vegeta and frost Should do the same..
For once I'm actually glad Freeza had Planet Vegeta with those saiyans go boom, if all of em are like Cauli then good freaking riddance, well done Freeza and Beerus (is Beerus still considered the one to order the destruction of Planet Vegeta? I dont remember that well)

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:26 am

SansrivaaL wrote: is Beerus still considered the one to order the destruction of Planet Vegeta? I dont remember that well
Yeah he is..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:06 am

"Something strange is happening to Kale. An unusual phenomenon occurs within her."

My guess is the Broly-Esq transformation was a Toei idea, and Toriyama did his own version that Toei has to work into the story. This may happen...
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:11 am

TysonWine wrote:"Something strange is happening to Kale. An unusual phenomenon occurs within her."

My guess is the Broly-Esq transformation was a Toei idea, and Toriyama did his own version that Toei has to work into the story. This may happen...
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Or the "something strange" is from universe 7's point of view as they haven't seen a berserker before..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:35 am

precita wrote:She'll get Blue eventually, they wouldn't bring it up in the series if it was never going to happen. Probably won't happen in this tournament but in some later arc. And yeah, that's because all these universes aren't getting erased, at least not permanently, so no way is this Caulifa's last arc.
Not to be that guy but no, Super drops a lot of things that they introduce.

Or do we all forget about the namekian book of legends.....

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:41 am

If Caulifla goes blue, I won't stop watching but I won't defend anymore.

Super saiyan is fine, super saiyan 2 is a bit of a stretch but Gotenks went 3 so thats fine.

Blue? Nah.....

Hana Midorikawa

Post by Hana Midorikawa » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:43 am

Is the new thing here at Kanzenshuu to hate on Caulifla to a startling degree? Some of you sound like you have a vendetta against a fictional character just because she's arrogant/cocky.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:49 am

Hana Midorikawa wrote:Is the new thing here at Kanzenshuu to hate on Caulifla to a startling degree? Some of you sound like you have a vendetta against a fictional character just because she's arrogant/cocky.
I actually like the character very much but she is becoming the Goten and Trunks of super, two people who were lucky to become as strong as they did.

Remember when it took nearly everything Goku had to become super saiyan? The cell and buu saga didn't

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:50 am

Hana Midorikawa wrote:Is the new thing here at Kanzenshuu to hate on Caulifla to a startling degree? Some of you sound like you have a vendetta against a fictional character just because she's arrogant/cocky.
Aannnd?
What's your point..?
What is your ideal situation? people claiming she is a pain in the ass to watch but it's all okay and cool because she's fictional?

Who's gives a rat's ass if she is fictional, a character type produces real emotions in real people, mostly negative ones in cauliflowa's case..
That's how entertainment works, that's how immersion works..

SSJ YUSUKE
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ YUSUKE » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:50 am

Just ignore the haters. I imagine that to a large degree there are a lot of fans who might be under 12 or really immature teenagers but I can also imagine that there are a lot of fans who are in their 20's like me who are just really that pathetic.
I like the character of Caulifla, so long as I enjoy the story it works for and I've enjoyed every moment of Super so far, a lot of these man children can't stand the idea of a female character having any relevance.

zamasu121
Beyond Newbie

Post by zamasu121 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:51 am

Totamo wrote:If Caulifla goes blue, I won't stop watching but I won't defend anymore.

Super saiyan is fine, super saiyan 2 is a bit of a stretch but Gotenks went 3 so thats fine.

Blue? Nah.....
The problem is not if she goes blue, but rather the amount of time it takes her to transform. If Caulifla gets ssb in several minutes, then super would go full retard.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:54 am

zamasu121 wrote:
Totamo wrote:If Caulifla goes blue, I won't stop watching but I won't defend anymore.

Blue? Nah.....
The problem is not if she goes blue, but rather the amount of time it takes her to transform. If Caulifla gets ssb in several minutes, then super would go full retard.
She won't guys..
Thinking about it logically it's pretty obvious of an outcome she won't get it in the tournament at the very least..

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:00 am

Will it make you mad to see her hair blink blue a few times before getting interrupted?

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yedis » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:00 am

Fans hold a bigger grudge against Caulifla for being rude to the U7 Saiyans than the actual characters do.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:01 am

Simere wrote:Will it make you mad to see her hair blink blue a few times before getting interrupted?
Yes
That would mean she just understood god ki in seconds just like that..

Well, I technically won't be angry or pissed just confused on why toriyama would wanna do something like that..

Because if she does turn blue it has to be in the outline

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:07 am

SSJ YUSUKE wrote:
Just ignore the haters. I imagine that to a large degree there are a lot of fans who might be under 12 or really immature teenagers but I can also imagine that there are a lot of fans who are in their 20's like me who are just really that pathetic.
I like the character of Caulifla, so long as I enjoy the story it works for and I've enjoyed every moment of Super so far, a lot of these man children can't stand the idea of a female character having any relevance.

:lol:

It has nothing to do with her being female, its her being poorly written and uninteresting. I dislike Cabba too is it because hes female?

Its funny thast your like is entirely justified but if people dont like her its a personality flaw.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:42 am

Totamo wrote:
precita wrote:She'll get Blue eventually, they wouldn't bring it up in the series if it was never going to happen. Probably won't happen in this tournament but in some later arc. And yeah, that's because all these universes aren't getting erased, at least not permanently, so no way is this Caulifa's last arc.
Not to be that guy but no, Super drops a lot of things that they introduce.

Or do we all forget about the namekian book of legends.....
That was just a throwaway line that barely got any attention, so i never expected to be any more than that. I don't know how the hell people concluded that would give Piccolo a power up or whatever, when it never promised to be more than a lore-connecting nod. The Namekians are an old people and were the creators of the Dragon Balls we knew, no wonder they would have written down a fair amount of myths. That's it. I think that was just done to make the SS God revelation seem less out of the blue. Anyway, whoever expected different have their own expectations/wishful thinking to blame.

The things actually relevant that Super introduced, it eventually ends up touching again. Sure, that doesn't mean Caulifla will ever get Blue. I don't think that's an important plot point either. The scene just seems to have the goal of upsetting Kale.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:01 am

TysonWine wrote:"Something strange is happening to Kale. An unusual phenomenon occurs within her."

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
True, remember that Caulifla SSJ2 transformation had no explanation so with Kale getting that form, I wouldnt be surprised if they dont explain it either.

Bad news is that her chances of being eliminated by Jiren have increased.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:22 am

Yes, please Caulifla, go SSJ Blue. The salt will be immense and I'll have to stay in the hospital for years to come due to a burst lung and a heart attack at the same time.
Feels over Reals.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:27 am

But seriously If Kale is eliminated by Jiren, it could serve as a plot device for Caulifla to at least attempt Blue as a last ditch effort.(imperfect version with the stamina issues).