"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The gr
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by The gr » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:30 am

Why is jiren not a loser in this version you know why cus the anime know how to make their antagonist threatening which the manga suffers from making the antagonist weak
    That why I believe the anime won't be as the same as the manga,I know this guy writing and I can't tell he did not come up with these fight,there is no Ki force push or fist clashing
    Mostly active on discord.

Nero<>Akira
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:45 am

stop overthinking this SSG usage. He's most likely in the form cause because he was trying to go SSB, but for some reason couldn't hence his body throbbing. People over exaggerate with the "this is Toei" bs like EVERYTHING they do makes no sense and that its only them calling the shots. SSG is not some new form we haven't seen before, but its something we haven't seen since its inception. Why wouldn't anyone think we were going to get an explanation for Goku being in it? Like come ON. We got an explanation for Kaioken coming back yet it retconned, in a way, Goku's progress in the Cell arc. It didn't leave me feeling sour, but we didn't need Old Kai saying SSJ was too stressful. Just that Blue is his soul being calm and SSJ at its core was a form requiring rage and even that got a soft retcon with SSJ and the other forms getting an alternative way of being access with how they needed to concentrate their ki. ultimately, it comes down to SSJ still being a toll on the body. its... kinda dumb.
    But you know why we never saw Kaioken? The real reason? Toriyama forgot about it. Let's be honest. Despite the retcon, i accept Goku's reason for accessing it now and welcome it cause there was no reason why he shouldn't have used it anymore in the first place using logic within the story, but we know cause AT and his memory. Plus, it's pretty to look at. We'll get an explanation for SSG coming back and of course, it will most likely tie into his new form.
    Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

fadeddreams5
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:55 am

Chuquita wrote:Re: Freeza

Oh man, if they can pull off a transformation sequence for ssjg Gokû as good as the Golden Freeza one the other month, that'll be cake icing! :mrgreen:
    I think Goku will just burp and go SSJG like in that one DBZ parody.
    "Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Baggie_Saiyan
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:56 am

The gr wrote:I'm not buying the theory about the anime and manga being the same, god goku could have been an AT idea if anything ,we haven't seen these panels animated [spoiler]Image Image[/spoiler] I just don't like the idea of both continuity being the same
    Yes exactly. The anime and Manga will continue to be different. Toei still used SSGSS Kaioken this arc 3 times does that mean it came from Toyotaro then? Of course not. I think people are reading too much into his comment, we know he designed new characters so that is probably what he meant. #103 luckily airs tomorrow so hopefully the subject of SSG get dropped until next week when the actual episode airs.

The gr
    I Live Here

Post by The gr » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:59 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Yes exactly. The anime and Manga will continue to be different. Toei still used SSGSS Kaioken this arc 3 times does that mean it came from Toyotaro then? Of course not. I think people are reading too much into his comment, we know he designed new characters so that is probably what he meant. #103 luckily airs tomorrow so hopefully the subject of SSG get dropped until next week when the actual episode airs.
    Thank you,I know Toyotaro's writing and I can tell the stuff were seeing right now will not be in the manga and why the hell hes gonna re introduced a form he already used in u6,people need to accept AT came up with ssg
    Last edited by The gr on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Mostly active on discord.

Power Metal
    Not-So-Newbie

Post by Power Metal » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:00 am

Draconic wrote:I really want God to be explained well, cause I love the form and the episode will probably be very hype, but I'm not going to take the return of it lightly.
    Yeah, I agree. Any additional explanation would be nice but I dont think I'll be holding my breath.

They could have Caulifla see it and ask about it or something and maybe Vegeta or Gohan explains it while they watch Goku's fight.
    I do far more lurking than actual posting.

https://www.last.fm/user/AlexPowerMetal

Baggie_Saiyan
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:07 am

The gr wrote:
    Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Yes exactly. The anime and Manga will continue to be different. Toei still used SSGSS Kaioken this arc 3 times does that mean it came from Toyotaro then? Of course not. I think people are reading too much into his comment, we know he designed new characters so that is probably what he meant. #103 luckily airs tomorrow so hopefully the subject of SSG get dropped until next week when the actual episode airs.
    Thank you,I know Toyotaro's writing and I can tell the stuff were seeing right now will not be in the manga and why the hell hes gonna re introduced a form he already used in u6,people need to accept AT came up with ssg
    Either this is Toriyama's doing or Toei's doing I don't think it's Toyotaro's in the slightest, like some people think. After #104 airs and seeing how it's handled we'll have a better idea. People seem to forgot Toriyama is still primarily writing for the anime.

Kanassa
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:21 am

We have any images of 103 yet?
    When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
    FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
    - FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Baggie_Saiyan
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:28 am

As if we needed it but proof SSGSS is indeed stronger than SSG...

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
    Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ki Breaker
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:30 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:As is we needed it but proof SSGSS is indeed stronger than SSG...

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
    Now the discussion of them suddenly showing SSG to be stonger should be over
    The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

BlueBasilisk
    I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:31 am

Kanassa wrote:We have any images of 103 yet?
    Nothing yet. Just the preview image of Ultimate Gohan from last week.

Basako
    Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:32 am

Obviously the manga and the anime won't be the same, I'm just saying the anime is taking from the manga now, before it didn't, it had only Toriyama's letters in notebook.

There are still some only anime things, like the KK. But this way of using SSG is totally the manga way, the anime treated it like a one time thing all this time. Yeah, probably it comes from Toriyama directly, Toyotaro follows his outcome, he has always had and, in any case, Toriyama checks personally his work.

The image of the promo is another prove the manga will have substantial differences. All the gods covered in the room of Zeno, which looks great, that wasn't in the anime.

The fights have changed and improved, close enough we have 17 against Kakunsa, there are choreographies, techniques and fighting styles, there is some thought on them, not just random things and empty conversations. I totally see Toyotaro's hand behind. Or the one with Boo and Basil in the begining, we'll see soon enough if that's in the manga.
    Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Either this is Toriyama's doing or Toei's doing I don't think it's Toyotaro's in the slightest, like some people think. After #104 airs and seeing how it's handled we'll have a better idea. People seem to forgot Toriyama is still primarily writing for the anime.
    So now SSG is not from Toyotaro in the slightest and before it was all his. Yeah, sure.
    Last edited by Basako on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Heno heno kappa!

ekrolo2
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:34 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:As if we needed it but proof SSGSS is indeed stronger than SSG...

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
    Because the manga calling God an inferior SS form clearly didn't mean anything :P
    When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Baggie_Saiyan
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:38 am

Also curious about this scan:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Looks like some sort of mini game. Wonder if there is any interesting info on there though. :think:.

FortuneSSJ
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:47 am

Basako wrote: The fights have changed and improved, close enough we have 17 against Kakunsa, there are choreographies, techniques and fighting styles, there is some thought on them, not just random things and empty conversations. I totally see Toyotaro's hand behind. Or the one with Boo and Basil in the begining, we'll see soon enough if that's in the manga.
    You hardly could stretch that more. Maybe the new filter is because of Toyotaro too?!

The fights are better because the schedule is much better and the proof of that is we still don't have a single bad looking episode in this arc. The new directors play a key role too.
    I'm not seeing Toyotaro in the same room with DBS anime directors and storyboard artists and saying "This is how you do good fights. Imitate me."
    Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
    A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Basako
    Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:50 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
    Basako wrote: The fights have changed and improved, close enough we have 17 against Kakunsa, there are choreographies, techniques and fighting styles, there is some thought on them, not just random things and empty conversations. I totally see Toyotaro's hand behind. Or the one with Boo and Basil in the begining, we'll see soon enough if that's in the manga.
    You hardly could stretch that more. Maybe the new filter is because of Toyotaro too?!

The fights are better because the schedule is much better and the proof of that is we still don't have a single bad looking episode in this arc. The new directors play a key role too.
    I'm not seeing Toyotaro in the same room than DBS anime directors and storyboard artists and saying "This is how you do good fights."
    The animation has improved too, but I'm talking about the writing here, the fights have changed to the better. I didn't say Toyotaro is working with Toei, what I think is they're using the manga as an extra source they didn't have before.
    Heno heno kappa!

Baggie_Saiyan
    Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:54 am

Basako wrote: So now SSG is not from Toyotaro in the slightest and before it was all his. Yeah, sure.
    This is the anime we are talking about here not the Manga. All I'm saying is whoever's idea it is to bring God back in the anime it is not Toyotaro's, the involvement in the anime he has that we factually know of is providing initial CDs for the new characters. (Which I may add he's done a good job of so he can be creative but it just isn't showing in his Manga for some reason.)

RedHeat
    Regular

Post by RedHeat » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:01 pm

Here are the full designs of the new Namekians if anyone's curious.

Feels over Reals.

Sonicjamareiz
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:03 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Also curious about this scan:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Looks like some sort of mini game. Wonder if there is any interesting info on there though. :think:.
    Looks like we got a better look on that tan skined Ganos character one of the invisible fighters has been revealed.
    Last edited by Sonicjamareiz on Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

MainJPW
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:04 pm

RedHeat wrote:
    [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
    Is this the first time we've seen a Namekian not wear pants?
    Last edited by MainJPW on Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.