Super Episode 106 (3 September 2017)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Super Episode 106 (3 September 2017)

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:03 am

omaro34 wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:Just watched the episode... and... nothing. It was one of the worst, if not the worst, episode ever. :thumbdown:
didnt like anything i saw, it was ugly and boring. :yawn:
Care to explain why?
hmm... first of all because it was visually bad. Tien didn't do anything special in this episode, no one did anything special, we haven't seen anything interesting and the way Tien Shinhan lost was very ridiculous. :crazy:
but anyway the next episode looks fun
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:05 am

I'd just like to thank Toei and/ or Toriyama for getting Tenshinhan, one of my favourite characters right from the very beginning, involved again and letting him have a great tournament.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:06 am

TheZFighter wrote:I'd just like to thank Toei and/ or Toriyama for getting Tenshinhan, one of my favourite characters right from the very beginning, involved again and letting him have a great tournament.
He did indeed have a good showing..
Finding the sniper was a job well done and so was taking the guy out even when he himself was falling off..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:08 am

I think I just realized where the three clones of Tien came from at the end - they were the same ones that got shot from before! It's the only thing that makes any sense, and yet, if that were the case, then 1/4 of Tien's strength can tank a ki blast that's got Gohan, Goku, and Vegeta all shook and casually tears Piccolo's arms off.

So, add that the list of things I didn't like about the episode, one more logical inconsistency.
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:08 am

This was just a very average episode. I didn't like it, but I also didn't dislike it. It might as well not even be there, apart from Tenshinan's elimination, which they handled well. Next episode looks very, very interesting though. I wonder if Vegeta will really go down next, considering the ending already gave away the first two U7 warriors to fell down.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:09 am

Ziegander wrote:
So, add that the list of things I didn't like about the episode, one more logical inconsistency.
You really don't need to be that specific, dr rota was fine too after the blast.. It could simply be the sniper increasing and decreasing his potency of attack to not kill the opponent as that would get him eliminated..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:13 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: That would be him going out while protecting Gohan.. yet again....
That will only happen if Toriyama says so which he most likely hasn't. That is probably why Toei put that nonsense into this episode.
Toriyama could just say piccolo gets out fighting those two namekians with Gohan and they can turn that into piccolo protecting Gohan's behind..
I am pretty pissed about Gohan and Piccolo being reduced to such a role throughout the majority of their screen share.. It only sounds good in jokes..
I just don't see that especially not against the Namkeians who are almost certainly here for Piccolo. I think how characters go out is in the script because of the way Krillin and Tien have gone out.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:13 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:Tien most useless character ever confirmed lol
I expect Piccolo to get trashed in the worst possible way after the two namekians step in
That would be him going out while protecting Gohan.. yet again....
I'd really like to know what made them change their mind about Tien, I thought they respected him enough in the old DBZ days, he was treated like a badass despite being in a disadvantage against stronger opponents, like Buu and Cell sagas showed

Watch the big surprise being Gohan sacrificing to save Piccolo's life

Nah, it's not happening, Gohan will be the other to last until the end with Goku

The next episode preview is pretty interesting, imo it's a misguide to make us think Roshi will be eliminated, I bet on Vegeta

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:21 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Ziegander wrote:
You really don't need to be that specific, dr rota was fine too after the blast.. It could simply be the sniper increasing and decreasing his potency of attack to not kill the opponent as that would get him eliminated..
Was it Rota that got knocked unconscious by the blast before Piccolo and Gohan were pinned down? How's the sniper supposed to know how to calibrate the power of his attack against opponents he isn't even detecting? It's Reflect guy that's actually targeting the fighters and he's not the one shooting the lasers. Come to think of it, interesting as it is, what's this set up even good for if no one's going to eliminate the fighters after they knock them out? Did they honestly think they could KO every other fighter in the competition like this?

The more I think about this episode the more my head hurts.
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:37 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
That will only happen if Toriyama says so which he most likely hasn't. That is probably why Toei put that nonsense into this episode.
Toriyama could just say piccolo gets out fighting those two namekians with Gohan and they can turn that into piccolo protecting Gohan's behind..
I am pretty pissed about Gohan and Piccolo being reduced to such a role throughout the majority of their screen share.. It only sounds good in jokes..
I just don't see that epecially not against the Namkeians who are almost certainly here for Piccolo. I think how characters go out is in the script because of the way Krillin and Tien have gone out.
The way Krillin went out was advertised as "him falling off", nowhere was it mentioned frost was involved at all..
I think Frost ran away despite him logically being stronger than 18 was because he wasn't supposed to be there in the first place..
We will know for sure when the manga happens but right now I am pretty confident Toriyama gives basic outline that this guys goes next in a very basic way how and toie is free to all elements to that point as they wish..

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:42 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
TheZFighter wrote:I'd just like to thank Toei and/ or Toriyama for getting Tenshinhan, one of my favourite characters right from the very beginning, involved again and letting him have a great tournament.
He did indeed have a good showing..
Finding the sniper was a job well done and so was taking the guy out even when he himself was falling off..
Glad you agree. Certainly a good showing, and he took out a potentially troublesome competitor on his way out. Love Tien.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:46 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Toriyama could just say piccolo gets out fighting those two namekians with Gohan and they can turn that into piccolo protecting Gohan's behind..
I just don't see that epecially not against the Namkeians who are almost certainly here for Piccolo. I think how characters go out is in the script because of the way Krillin and Tien have gone out.
The way Krillin went out was advertised as "him falling off", nowhere was it mentioned frost was involved at all..
I think Frost ran away despite him logically being stronger than 18 was because he wasn't supposed to be there in the first place..
We will know for sure when the manga happens but right now I am pretty confident Toriyama gives basic outline that this guys goes next in a very basic way how and toie is free to all elements to that point as they wish..
Toriyama has to say who everyone fights and Frost was being completely in character there since he is a sneaky fighter.

With Tien and Harmina, Toriyama had to have said that they knock each other out and I don't see how Toei could have any say in this.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:48 am

Ziegander wrote: Was it Rota that got knocked unconscious by the blast before Piccolo and Gohan were pinned down? How's the sniper supposed to know how to calibrate the power of his attack against opponents he isn't even detecting? It's Reflect guy that's actually targeting the fighters and he's not the one shooting the lasers. Come to think of it, interesting as it is, what's this set up even good for if no one's going to eliminate the fighters after they knock them out? Did they honestly think they could KO every other fighter in the competition like this?

Yes, I see an issue with this. It's inconsistent that a character goes unconscious and other loses an arm with the same beam.

The consistent way of going with this would be simple, Piccolo does not lose any arm, he goes unconscious and Gohan can't take him out of there like that so they are trapped. Then the others come to help.

It would have been cool involving others in the trap. Jimizu could have taken the incoscious out.
Heno heno kappa!

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:57 am

Basako wrote:
Ziegander wrote: Was it Rota that got knocked unconscious by the blast before Piccolo and Gohan were pinned down? How's the sniper supposed to know how to calibrate the power of his attack against opponents he isn't even detecting? It's Reflect guy that's actually targeting the fighters and he's not the one shooting the lasers. Come to think of it, interesting as it is, what's this set up even good for if no one's going to eliminate the fighters after they knock them out? Did they honestly think they could KO every other fighter in the competition like this?

Yes, I see an issue with this. It's inconsistent that a character goes unconscious and other loses an arm with the same beam.

The consistent way of going with this would be simple, Piccolo does not lose any arm, he goes unconscious and Gohan can't take him out of there like that so they are trapped. Then the others come to help.

It would have been cool involving others in the trap. Jimizu could have taken the incoscious out.
Having Piccolo lose consciousness would've have actually been worse for his character, since it would've completely rendered him useless. At least we got to see him use his head to compensate a little for the damage.

Also, something else I didn't consider. I think they had him use regeneration so often in a really short amount of time to write in him losing a lot of his stamina. One arm shouldn't be a problem since he leveled an entire island after he regenerated once, but three times is really a lot. He is visibly winded. Not a good sign by the way.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:02 am

Michsi wrote: Having Piccolo lose consciousness would've have actually been worse for his character, since it would've completely rendered him useless. At least we got to see him use his head to compensate a little for the damage.

Also, something else I didn't consider. I think they had him use regeneration so often in a really short amount of time to write in him losing a lot of his stamina. One arm shouldn't be a problem since he leveled an entire island after he regenerated once, but three times is really a lot. He is visibly winded. Not a good sign by the way.
Well, but I wasn't considering it from the perspective of what's better or worse for the character, more like a consistency problem.

There is also the stamina losing thing that may be important later, but receiving big damage can be a close enough equivalent.

Edit: On second watching, looks like Dr. Rota does not receive the beam directly, he faints after falling down the rock. But 1/4 power Tenshinhans do and they don't lose any part, so the case is similar.
Last edited by Basako on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Heno heno kappa!

Rhuagh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rhuagh » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:03 am

One of the worst DB Super episodes I've ever watched. I could go on a rant about why but I woud be wasting my time, so I'll be short.

The biggest travesty of this episode is the fact Tenshinhan went down without even fighting in the tournament. All he did was shoot energy beams. Tenshinhan is one of the most skilled martial artists in the series, and Toei totally shat on that.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:10 am

blackbewhite2k7 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Pluto wrote:Beerus, seems to be able to respect someone, first Roshi now Tien, it's hard to get praise out of him,
Beerus: Taking out one guy? I'm impressed, At east you're not that fuck up Krillin who only eliminated, like, what? Three Guys? Three's less than one, right Whis?
Krillin took out only one guy by himself and merely assisted with the other two. Him and Tien have the same number of solo eliminations, with Krillin having more assists and Tien more saves.
What do you mean more saves? Yes, he came to assist Gohan and Piccolo but this wasn't a save like how Kuririn saved 18. <-- That was a save.

Kuririn got 1 assist, 1 duo KO with 18, 1 save and 1 elimination. Tien got 1 duo KO with Roshi and 1 elimination.

Also, Beerus wasn't exactly praising Tien with pleasure like how he did Roshi. His facial expressions and tone was more along the lines of "well you took the guy out with you at least...". Also Kuririn did get some praise from Beerus while in the ring itself, however remember since he was first out, it's naturally going to cause shock value to the gods of U7. Pretty much every Universe who's first fighter was taken out didn't exactly get praise from their Hakaishin. It's simply shock value from seeing the first one gone from their team. It's not that surprising tbh.

Anyways, I think the biggest thing that I was kinda bummed about was the fact Tien was eliminated without being the one to take out Damon/Gamisarasu. I really was expecting that to occur from the start of the ToP.
Last edited by DainIronfoot on Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:14 am

Basako wrote:
Michsi wrote: Having Piccolo lose consciousness would've have actually been worse for his character, since it would've completely rendered him useless. At least we got to see him use his head to compensate a little for the damage.

Well, but I wasn't considering it from the perspective of what's better or worse for the character, more like a consistency problem.

There is also the stamina losing thing that may be important later, but receiving big damage can be a close enough equivalent.
Yeah, but I think we're stressing over these details far more than the writers do.

As a possible explanation: Piccolo and Gohan were hiding their energy, so if they were lowering their energy that might also mean a lowered durability. It was strong enough cut Vegeta when he wasn't paying attention.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:41 am

DainIronfoot wrote:
blackbewhite2k7 wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Beerus: Taking out one guy? I'm impressed, At east you're not that fuck up Krillin who only eliminated, like, what? Three Guys? Three's less than one, right Whis?
Krillin took out only one guy by himself and merely assisted with the other two. Him and Tien have the same number of solo eliminations, with Krillin having more assists and Tien more saves.
What do you mean more saves? Yes, he came to assist Gohan and Piccolo but this wasn't a save like how Kuririn saved 18. <-- That was a save.

Kuririn got 1 assist, 1 duo KO with 18, 1 save and 1 elimination. Tien got 1 duo KO with Roshi and 1 elimination.

Also, Beerus wasn't exactly praising Tien with pleasure like how he did Roshi. His facial expressions and tone was more along the lines of "well you took the guy out with you at least...". Also Kuririn did get some praise from Beerus while in the ring itself, however remember since he was first out, it's naturally going to cause shock value to the gods of U7. Pretty much every Universe who's first fighter was taken out didn't exactly get praise from their Hakaishin. It's simply shock value from seeing the first one gone from their team. It's not that surprising tbh.

Anyways, I think the biggest thing that I was kinda bummed about was the fact Tien was eliminated without being the one to take out Damon/Gamisarasu. I really was expecting that to occur from the start of the ToP.
How wasn't this a save, I mean two saves? There wasn't an immediate ring out, but Gohan and Piccolo were trapped and screwed. Vegeta and Goku made the easy part, Tenshinhan went for the real issue, the source of the beams.
Last edited by Basako on Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Heno heno kappa!

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:48 am

Basako wrote:
DainIronfoot wrote:
blackbewhite2k7 wrote:

How wasn't this a save, I mean two saves? There wasn't an immediate ring out, but Gohan and Piccolo were trapped and screwed. Vegeta and Goku made the easy part, Tenshinhan went for the real issue, the source of the beams.
That really doesn't count as a save. Gohan and Piccolo were hiding yes but they weren't sent out like 18 was about to be, Caulifla, Dyspo...etc. Those were actual saves. We can give credit to Tien for joining in the fight and begin his assault on the real sniper, but I only view a save as one like i mentioned. Otherwise, lots of others would be considered to have all these "saves" too just by joining in the fight, which is undermining an actual save itself.