"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:18 am

Michsi wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Michsi wrote:

I would still advise caution. Maybe not impressive but surprising. Hopefully in a good way. Fingers crossed they don't get the Dr. Rota treatment.
After the first 10 episodes of the tournament I need to believe there is something good for Piccolo and that the Namekians are good fighters.

Dr Rota was not hidden whereas the Namekians were.
We probably won't see them until after the special now as I doubt they are in episode 108 since Universe 6 is also episode 107.
Hidden? You mean during the team close-ups before the start of the TOP? I don't remember that, but that could be a good sign.

I'm also really anxious about episode 108, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is their turn. I still think focusing so much on Piccolo's lowered stamina is an omen.
They were hidden behind Hit.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The only times we have seen them was when Zeno was scrolling through his Godpad in episode 102 and again on the Godpad when Botamo went out.

108 could be their time but I hope it is not.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:32 am

namekiansaiyan wrote: They were hidden behind Hit.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The only times we have seen them was when Zeno was scrolling through his Godpad in episode 102 and again on the Godpad when Botamo went out.

Oh, neat! I assumed they just weren't in the shot. Well, from a narrative standpoint, that does seem to hint at a reveal with some significance. I hope....

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:56 am

Michsi wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Oh, neat! I assumed they just weren't in the shot. Well, from a narrative standpoint, that does seem to hint at a reveal with some significance. I hope....
Or it can hint at how unimportant they are.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:01 pm

HeroR wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Everyone will have differing opinions, its subjective obviously. Personally Kale might be the most pathetic and annoying DB character ever created to this point. Though maybe she will change now.
That would be Vegeta for me.

Also, Kale got real character growth and became more than just a Broly clone. So I liked that moment between Kale and Cali. Plus, I don't mind the shy archetype that the Japanese uses a lot, although a lot of people seems to despise it.
perucho1990 wrote:But Caulifla didnt use SSJ until the beam clash.

Like how Goku and Vegeta didnt use SSJ while they were fighting Prum.

Even though the worst offender was how Tien got eliminated, he went full retard there.
What does have to do with the overall story and Cali was mostly like saving herself since Super Saiyan is still new to her. Goku and Vegeta didn't need Super Saiyan against Prum, so why would they use it. They guy was being pushed back by rocks. Goku didn't used Super Saiyan against that magical girl and she gave Goku a harder time than Prum, which was also written by a different writer.

Tien got treated the same way he has been treated by two different writers, so not sure why Yamaguchi is getting heat. At least he didn't get nailed into the cliff like Gohan did to him.
Yeah like I said its it's totally preference. I like Goten...I try not to crap on what others like unless they are total jerks lol

Like I said maybe she changes...but her whole "I hate myself" thing seemed kind of lame without knowing her back story. It doesn't seem like her daily life is that bad...she just chills with her bff from what we see. I'd maybe have liked it more with some depth.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:07 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Michsi wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

As unimportant as Dr Rota who was not hidden? If they were Saiyans you wouldn't be saying that.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:15 pm

I am literally face palming, are people really that desperate they literally are clinging onto anything for "hints". Like Jeez come on people! Just enjoy the damn show, why do you need so much information, just chill and watch the damn show, stop playing detective it is ridiculous, most of the time it leads to people building self expectations for things that don't exist. These Namekians, may have a good showing or may have a bad showing but we'll find out when we find out but to bring a magnifying glass like Sherlock Holmes and be like "well in this shot they were blurred out by Hit therefore they are gonna have a great showing".

Like how much better was it this week, watching the NEP not knowing what the hell the next episode was about?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:22 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Michsi wrote:
As unimportant as Dr Rota who was not hidden? If they were Saiyans you wouldn't be saying that.
Dr Rota was built upon the joke of expectation. And yeah, I'd be saying this if they were Saiyans.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:25 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I am literally face palming, are people really that desperate they literally are clinging onto anything for "hints". Like Jeez come on people! Just enjoy the damn show, why do you need so much information, just chill and watch the damn show, stop playing detective it is ridiculous, most of the time it leads to people building self expectations for things that don't exist. These Namekians, may have a good showing or may have a bad showing but we'll find out when we find out but to bring a magnifying glass like Sherlock Holmes and be like "well in this shot they were blurred out by Hit therefore they are gonna have a great showing".

Like how much better was it this week, watching the NEP not knowing what the hell the next episode was about?
If you are a Piccolo fan then after what has happened in the first 10 episodes of the tournament the Universe 6 Namekians are the only characters you care about right now apart from Piccolo obviously.
Kanassa wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Or it can hint at how unimportant they are.
Dr Rota was built upon the joke of expectation. And yeah, I'd be saying this if they were Saiyans.
Dr Rota was no good so no way they are going to have 3 of the new Universe 6 fighters be bad.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:49 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Dr Rota was no good so no way they are going to have 3 of the new Universe 6 fighters be bad.
Dr Rota served his purpose. Be bad? Them not being important doesn't make them bad. And why not?

Kanassa wrote:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:53 pm

Kanassa wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Dr Rota served his purpose. Be bad? Them not being important doesn't make them bad. And why not?
What is considered important and who is important so far in the tournament?

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:57 pm

I already mentioned it but I will repeat this.

Dont be surprised if the U6 Namekians turn out be disappointments like.

Ganos
Murichim
Nigrisshi
Kahseral

I kinda knew Rota was going to be fodder because his design screamed "filler in order to complete the U6 team".

The fact they used Piccolo to hype Tien says how Toei and Toriyama think of Piccolo.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:00 pm

Are you guys ready to flip off the show when Goku and Vegeta will be the ones who will fight the namekians? :D

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Noah wrote:I'm all with that, I despise Vegeta attitude acting all cocky and shit like his pre Majin self, but I recognize it would be a waste to have him eliminated so soon.
I can not understand why he is acting like this in this Saga. He was not so arrogant before. Either TOEI wants to create some kind of nostalgia about DBZ, which is not really working (or want to use that arrogance as a reason to eliminate it early)
They do that since the very beginning of the show with Vegeta promissing that he will surpass Goku no matter what and standing in a wasteland for no reason much like his Android arc self.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:02 pm

I loved the Dr.Rota gag but it's weird that decided to put a fodder over an Earthling. With the U6 Earth revived I figured we were going to get one.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:06 pm

perucho1990 wrote:I already mentioned it but I will repeat this.

Dont be surprised if the U6 Namekians turn out be disappointments like.

Ganos
Murichim
Nigrisshi
Kahseral
Kahersal's was the one that surprised me the most, I really thought he would last with 4 of them remaning.
Noah wrote:Are you guys ready to flip off the show when Goku and Vegeta will be the ones who will fight the namekians? :D
At this point I wouldnt be surprised if this happens :lol: or the namekians turns out to be good collateral damage for Goku V Jiren, or worst... those namekians gets included in hype material for Jiren to finally showcase him 8)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:08 pm

Noah wrote:Are you guys ready to flip off the show when Goku and Vegeta will be the ones who will fight the namekians? :D
Namakian fans would commit mass suicide. :lol:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:08 pm

I wonder if the 'cruel Saiyan genes' made up our requisite batch of fake spoilers from 2chan for the month or if we're due for another round? :think:

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:28 pm

I've come to the conclusion that Toei simply can't satisfy people with Vegetas character. First he was boring because he wasn't hot headed and now people are complaining about regression. Most likely different people , but there does seem to be a split in the fanbase.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:35 pm

If those Namekians end up being as unimportant as Dr Rota I will be mad. I don't care about the Slug clone but the other guy better have an interesting fight with Piccolo at the very least.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:35 pm

Not really, the only character would really have any significance facing off against namekians would be Frieza, just so he could talk about how they remind him of all the villages he slaughtered.

Kanassa wrote:

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:38 pm

Namekians are allowed to branch out. They can fight people outside of their race, if they so choose.