"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:40 am

HeroR wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Kanassa wrote: And the Yardrat easily recovered within a second with no damage implied.
I will just assume Goku is a bloody liar when he said Yadrat's aren't that strong..

Frankly speaking, this guard dropping nonsense is simply a paper thin way to justify plot, Tien's sneak kikoho did Jack shit against buu, someone affected by casual kick from base cauliflowa shouldn't be able to do anything to the level of power Gohan posses..
Except Vegeta and Freeza said the same thing about the Yadrats. And we don't know a thing about this one from U2.

Tien also didn't sneak attack Buu. The one attack he tried to land on Buu. The 'sneak' attack you're thinking of was only used to deflect Buu's blast aways from Dende.
My point still stands, the Yadrat's are creatures who are weak and compensate it with techniques, that's how it was lore wise, we didn't even get a closure to this apparent new Yadrat who has both the technique to show and the strength to damage ultimate Gohan, repeatedly..

When Gohan's struggle wasn't introduced, how disappointing the Yadrat was all over the fandom, some even said he was there to make Cauliflowa look good, but now it's back to them dropping guards..

I will leave the conversation at this, won't be passing judgement without watching the episode, it sounds pretty bad on paper, let's see how well it's done in practical..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:43 am

Ki Breaker wrote: My point still stands, the yadrat's are creatures who are weak and compensate it with techniques, that's how it was lore wise, we didn't even get a closure to this apparent new Yadrat who has both..
When Gohan's struggle wasn't introduced how disappointing the Yadrat was all over the fandom, some even said he was there to make Cauliflowa look good, but now it's back to them dropping guards..

I will leave the conversation at this, won't be passing judgement without watching the episode, it sounds pretty bad on paper, let's see how well it's done in practical..
We don't know what technique he used to beat up Gohan. Also, anyone with eyes knows that the guy was off-guard when Cali kicked him. Goku, after all, was a Super Saiyan fighting him instead of base form.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:46 am

It's like Frost needs to be paid even to ensure he tries for his own survival.. :lol:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:48 am

perucho1990 wrote:YonkouProd translations

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Will Goku go full Genkidama mode like Trunks did?
109 sounds interesting! I think that's the first half of the special too, if I plotted that out correctly.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:50 am

Chuquita wrote:

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

109 sounds interesting! I think that's the first half of the special too, if I plotted that out correctly.
Yup, there is 108 on 9/23 and then there's super special after 2 weeks on 10/7..

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:54 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Chuquita wrote:

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Yup, there is 108 on 9/24 and then there's super special after 2 weeks on 10/7..
Sounds good!

I'm glad that one's part of the special. Ribrianne's attacks lend well to animation, and if that's one of the two running on full staff power it could be real fun to see in motion.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:00 am

Ki Breaker wrote:

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Spirit bomb?
Where is he drawing energy for it..
Last time it took almost everything around him he can manage to take down buu..

So Jiren stores ki? That's pretty interesting, explains all the not talking he has been doing for the tournament
What makes you think that Jiren stores ki?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:03 am

Shinda Forever wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Spirit bomb?

So Jiren stores ki? That's pretty interesting, explains all the not talking he has been doing for the tournament
"Jiren released his conserved energy"
This sounds like he stores his ki without unnecessary movements or conserves his ki until it's time to start releasing power..
I might have wrote it in a confusing manner..

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:06 am

Enormous lol at the Jiren episode title, just today I was playing Dokkan Battle and, seeing the battle damaged Goku unit throw his special attack genkidama, I immediately thought back to DBZ and asked myself " wtf, Goku never threw one yet, what's wrong? "

Here comes my answer :lol:

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:07 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Spirit bomb?

"Jiren released his conserved energy"
This sounds like he stores his ki without unnecessary movements or conserves his ki until it's time to start releasing power..
I might have wrote it in a confusing manner..

He'll finally start talking, massive power up confirmed

BTW, aside from jokes, we're about to see why Toppo and Jiren conserved energy so morbidly, even letting their friends get eliminated, Jiren alone will do a massacre

I'm pretty scared Jiren will eliminate 90% of the remaining participants, cutting a lot of time and letting us with just 10-15 fighters

A cheap way to not show more detailed eliminations imo, really hope I'm wrong now saying that

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:13 am

I hope Jiren takes out some of U7 fighters to show his might, perhaps #18, Piccolo and even #17

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:15 am

Chuquita wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
Yup, there is 108 on 9/24 and then there's super special after 2 weeks on 10/7..
Sounds good!

I'm glad that one's part of the special. Ribrianne's attacks lend well to animation, and if that's one of the two running on full staff power it could be real fun to see in motion.
I suppose this also confirms the special will be considered as 109 and 110 together, future episodes will numbered with taking the special in consideration..

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:16 am

Very interesting information. I think Frost's willingness to compromise with the gods of his universe signifies how he's less malicious than his U7 counterpart; he's not gulled into believing that he can one day usurp the powers that be. Instead, he negotiates to have his record purged and given financial remuneration so that he can begin his enterprise anew. You can also notice how he isn't initially singling out the ones from Universe 7 that helped facilitate his fall from grace, so to speak. Fuwa has to incentivise him before he'll act. Frost comes across as a self-serving pragmatist who's chiefly interested in getting down to business while Freeza likes to compose himself as an aristocratic artisan who delights himself in torture and carnage; of the two Frost still seems like the more eligible for a possible redemption.

How is Jimeze going to pressure Gohan? We've caught glimpses of what he's capable of and it wasn't too impressive; unless his species' technique armaments come with some as of yet unseen offensive perks, I'm not certain this altercation is going to result in Gohan being on the ropes. Another question that this situation raises is the location of Piccolo. Last we saw of him he was rushing outward into the carnage to continue battling alongside Gohan. Where could he be now? Everyone is taking notice of Freeza's sadistic satisfaction as he observes Gohan's battle with Jimeze so we may receive an update on him then. If he's not with Gohan then I can only hope that he soon comes into contact with Saonel and Pilina; those two are where the bulk of Piccolo's personal character involvement for this tournament is going to come from.

I think episode 109's synopsis may have dashed a lot of people's hopes for a potential #17 vs Ribrianne rematch. Goku will apparently be taking on Universe 2's strongest fighter. Why is he being offered up yet another major contender? Already he's poised to fight Jiren and who knows what else. I say Ribrianne should be preserved for someone else. Although the greater insight into her motivations for being part of this tournament is very interesting. She wants to become a deity? I assume her arrangement might be similar to the Pride Troopers; perhaps she's aspiring to succeed Helles in becoming Universe 2's new Hakaishin. Being the arbitrator of destruction doesn't sound beholden or characteristic of someone who is supposed to represent the epitome of love, though. I'm not sure what Ribrianne's preconceptions about becoming a deity are like, but they may not match up to the reality of the designation unless she has something more localised in mind like a guardian of her planet. Jiren finally getting involved will hopefully liven his character up. As of now he's still failing to make much of an impression.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:29 am

Looks like its time for U11 to bring the hurt to the other universes, this is going to be gloriause. Venegnce thy form is JIREN!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:29 am

Herms translation

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:30 am

Goku new form being the Trunks Genkidama mode isnt that bad of an idea, Toei might have Goku remembering Trunks using that form and when he chopped Merged Zamasu in 2 and believe that if Trunks could do it then why cant Goku attempt to unlock that form either?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:40 am

I'm very intrigued by the spoilers.

Frost scheming seems to going somewhere big, which is good subplot progression.

The more I hear about the Yardrats, the happier I am. Especially when they're going up against tough opponents like Gohan and giving them trouble. It's nice to know they're getting as much mileage out of Jemez as possible.

It's also cool to know why we have reason for Jiren do so little in the tournament. He's been conserving his energy, and now we're going to great payoff of him accumulating his power with him overwhelming everyone in the tournament. That will be quite the spectacle and would set up a great foundation for the introduction of Goku's new form.

I'm sure the mention of "Genki-Dama" in the title of Episode 109 is a red herring. I mean, how could Goku spontaneously make a Genki Da--

*watches Episode 66*

Never mind.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:42 am

GD seems a little overkill. :p

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:44 am

Lionel wrote:
How is Jimeze going to pressure Gohan? We've caught glimpses of what he's capable of and it wasn't too impressive; unless his species' technique armaments come with some as of yet unseen offensive perks, I'm not certain this altercation is going to result in Gohan being on the ropes. Another question that this situation raises is the location of Piccolo. Last we saw of him he was rushing outward into the carnage to continue battling alongside Gohan. Where could he be now?
I am going to assume that Piccolo gets blocked off from Gohan becuase of Jimeze or the rest of Universe 2 and he fights them.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:48 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
I am going to assume that Piccolo gets blocked off from Gohan becuase of Jimeze or the rest of Universe 2 and he fights them.
Or Piccolo meets the U6 Namekians, considering we are very close to the Special, it would make sense if they fight in episode 109, before Jiren overwhelms everyone.