"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by supercat » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:56 pm

I'm all for Vegeta. I love his interactions and all that character growth he's acquired throughout the years. But I wouldn't mind seeing more Frieza and Android 17 this time around. We had enough time wasters like Tien hogging up all that screen time only to look like a total comic relief fool. It's time we see some top contenders go at it.

As for Piccolo, either he shows that he powered up even more off screen, or he just goes down in another hilarious manner similar to Tien. Or you know what, just keep him there somewhere in the sidelines complimenting his Saiyan friends and thanking them for their awesome performance.

But the whole running away like a coward, hiding like a scared piece of crap, and then using cheesy techniques to try and overcome a greater power is not what I want to see from him. That would basically make him no different than Tien, some who runs away, hides, and uses cheesy, humor-inducing techniques. :lol:

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:56 pm

omaro34 wrote:If a miracle happens and Vegeta is indeed eliminated earlier than expected then that should be a sign that the ToP is just a stepping stone into a new plot in the arc. Perhaps the theory of the angels and the GP being evil would be then revealed, or a new villain altogether.

I'm not a Vegeta fan by any means, I'm simply indifferent about him, but there's no way on God's green earth that he will take a backseat and the tournament ends up being the main dish of the arc. A fight of this magnitude? No.

Just my opinion.

Spoilers look interesting, but surprised that there's no mention of the Namekians, the Saiyan Girls, or the U 3 Warriors. Cabba seems to have taken a backseat. Why is he resting? He hasn't fought anybody noteworthy.

Spoilers didn't mention that Tien gets eliminated in 106's summary, so anybody can get eliminated at anytime. If Piccolo gets knocked out of the ring without fighting the Namekians y'all will never hear the end of it :crazy:
He if if took frost since episode 98 to do something I'm sure cabba will get a chance

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:58 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
omaro34 wrote:If a miracle happens and Vegeta is indeed eliminated earlier than expected then that should be a sign that the ToP is just a stepping stone into a new plot in the arc. Perhaps the theory of the angels and the GP being evil would be then revealed, or a new villain altogether.

I'm not a Vegeta fan by any means, I'm simply indifferent about him, but there's no way on God's green earth that he will take a backseat and the tournament ends up being the main dish of the arc. A fight of this magnitude? No.

Just my opinion.

Spoilers look interesting, but surprised that there's no mention of the Namekians, the Saiyan Girls, or the U 3 Warriors. Cabba seems to have taken a backseat. Why is he resting? He hasn't fought anybody noteworthy.

Spoilers didn't mention that Tien gets eliminated in 106's summary, so anybody can get eliminated at anytime. If Piccolo gets knocked out of the ring without fighting the Namekians y'all will never hear the end of it :crazy:
If people want characters like Frieza and Gohan to do well then VElegeta will not do as well due to the fighters left in other Universes.

We never got spoilers for episode 106 and only the preview card.

Jiren vs Goku is just coming early.

They mention Gohan but no Piccolo so where did he go? If they sperate then that would be a good start for Piccolo going forward.

There are way too many fighters left for this to be the end.
Agree hopefully everyone gets there Fight's

supercat

Post by supercat » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:02 pm

I'd rather see Piccolo stay hidden somewhere only to be shown for a few seconds every now and then complimenting his Saiyan friends than watch him run around the field, hiding behind his clones with a terrified look, hiding behind rocks, and using cheesy, unattractive attacks to try and stall a much stronger opponent. That would make him another Tien basically. Not that he already sort of isn't.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:13 pm

I find it hilarious that I see a spoiler involving Gohan being in trouble and automatically assume the worst for Piccolo :lol:

I actually appreciate strategy and overcoming stronger opponents through smarts rather than skill. Don't see how that equates to cowardice. Sure, I'd love to see him throw punches with the strongest of them, but a tactical fighter is a nice change of pace.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:25 pm

Michsi wrote:I actually appreciate strategy and overcoming stronger opponents through smarts rather than skill. Don't see how that equates to cowardice. Sure, I'd love to see him throw punches with the strongest of them, but a tactical fighter is a nice change of pace.
I think DB is characteristically unique because of its focus on strength and power, in contrast to other anime sagas that focus on strategy with their abilities. I hope that makes sense.

But obviously that angle has turned out to be a double-edged sword with this saga. Anyway it's cool to see the Z-Fighters rely on strategy as long as they don't do it too often.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:56 pm

MrBlackFox wrote:

Just my opinion.

I'm still living in the hope that the tournament will either be interrupted or followed by something else, and all the eliminated characters who are still alive and watching the tournament end up being relevant again, something like GT where group of characters find themselves sparse around strange planets and have to find something or survive

I absolutely, absolutely refuse to believe Krillin and Tien will do nothing more, it's too ridiculous to be true
Well for Krillin I agree with you since they did give him shine during the recruitment arc, and I've said many times that he was taken out too early. Many share this opinion.

As for Tien, he's done. Don't get me wrong, I like Tien. I respect that character because he stands for something that we can all fall listen to: "Train at your own pace regardless of external circumstances". But listen man, Tien's finished. He wasn't hyped at all during the recruitment episodes, and he ended up not even getting his own episode like Roshi did.

When the spoilers don't even bother to mention that you're going to be eliminated, that's a sign of irrelevancy. Hurts me saying that because I like Tien.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:01 pm

No sight of Dyspo in the previews, has Maji taken him out :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:29 pm

Michsi wrote:I actually appreciate strategy and overcoming stronger opponents through smarts rather than skill. Don't see how that equates to cowardice. Sure, I'd love to see him throw punches with the strongest of them, but a tactical fighter is a nice change of pace.
I think it would be more impactful to the viewer if the difference were substantial, not just a "Vegeta vs first suppressed form Freeza" fissure. These characters are supposed to be martial arts prodigies and geniuses. How are they not calling upon every technique under the sun to overcome or bypass these steel bulwarks called physiques that their opponents have? There's thousands of different martial arts styles and sub-styles. You mean not one character has thought to use something that isn't one-dimensionally summed up as "punch and kick"? I can find two styles immediately that deal with inflicting damage to the meridian system -- Kyusho Jitsu and Varma Kalai. What's to stop even the weakest, but notably skilled and well-versed on the placement and lethality of pressure point exploitation, of U7 from attacking the most vulnerable areas of Jiren's body (provided they are given an opportunity to do so first by disorientating him)?

Outsmarting through other means beyond stylistic martial arts would also be meaningful if a character happens to boast other strengths like Piccolo or Roshi do with some of their Ki attacks.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:52 pm

omaro34 wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:

Just my opinion.

I'm still living in the hope that the tournament will either be interrupted or followed by something else, and all the eliminated characters who are still alive and watching the tournament end up being relevant again, something like GT where group of characters find themselves sparse around strange planets and have to find something or survive

I absolutely, absolutely refuse to believe Krillin and Tien will do nothing more, it's too ridiculous to be true
Well for Krillin I agree with you since they did give him shine during the recruitment arc, and I've said many times that he was taken out too early. Many share this opinion.

As for Tien, he's done. Don't get me wrong, I like Tien. I respect that character because he stands for something that we can all fall listen to: "Train at your own pace regardless of external circumstances". But listen man, Tien's finished. He wasn't hyped at all during the recruitment episodes, and he ended up not even getting his own episode like Roshi did.

When the spoilers don't even bother to mention that you're going to be eliminated, that's a sign of irrelevancy. Hurts me saying that because I like Tien.
Sadly I agree on Tien, it's just so sad they destroyed him like this
All looked like a premeditated assault on him :o

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:45 pm

Don't be surprised if Golden Frieza takes out Vegeta while Hitto fights Toppo. Regarding Vegeta, he had enough screentime in the series, now, it is time to focus on Hitto and Golden Frieza among the Z senshi.
Last edited by Shinda Forever on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:45 pm

Hmmm idk what it is but something seems off about these spoilers. I'm never one to judge the titles we get from magazines around this time of month, but these seem, idk kind of boring (?) to me. I'm also always one to say to not focus on just the preview alone as they never reveal everything but for some reason when i read these i just instantly was let down. Ribrianne v Goku sounds stupid to me, Gohan against the Yardrat as well. We get no mention of Vegeta, Piccolo, Roshi (except that Frost targets him) and Goku v Jiren already? I mean I was expecting these next few episodes to give us something dark which could lead into Goku getting his new form but so far these sound so underwhelming to me. Talks about Freeza and Frost but description says nothing of it except that Freeza grins...okay? Idk what it is...it just seems off. I'm going to take these with a grain of salt for now until the real scans come out, regardless if Yonkou vouches for his source or not.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:51 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:Don't be surprised if Golden Frieza takes out Vegeta while Hitto fights Toppo. Regarding Vegeta, he had enough screentime in the series, now, it is time to focus on Hitto and Golden Frieza among the Z senshi.
That's only happening if freeza snipes him in the back
It's unknown who hits gonna fight....vegeta,toppo,jiren are all possible options

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:55 pm

pacz360 wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:Don't be surprised if Golden Frieza takes out Vegeta while Hitto fights Toppo. Regarding Vegeta, he had enough screentime in the series, now, it is time to focus on Hitto and Golden Frieza among the Z senshi.
That's only happening if freeza snipes him in the back
It's unknown who hits gonna fight....vegeta,toppo,jiren are all possible options
Why do you think it can only happen if Freeza snipes him in the back? Who stops Frieza to attack someone from his team? After all, he will enjoy Gohan having a hard time with Jimizu. He doesn't give a fuck about team 7 and the only universe who poses a real threat to universe 7 is the eleven who has only 3 members.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:17 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Spoilers 107-109

Love everything expect Goku vs Ribrianne. I want her to be eliminated by someone else. Hopefully their fight gets interrupted.
Sorry to Cut your Post short FortuneSSJ, but I just wanted to Focus on This part more then the others. I do believe, YET-AGAIN(Seriously this will be like the 3rd Match of Ribrianne's that got interrupted, Uggh! :crazy: ) Ribrianne's Match with Goku will be interrupted due to Jiren going all out at that point for Some~Reason?! :think:

I am Looking forward to this Match between Goku and Ribrianne, I don't know what levels of Powers we will see cause we all can only guess what levels, but my hope is this will show again like I have always seen and believe that Ribrianne is one of the Main SuperPowers in this that many DID-NOT See coming! But sadly Yet again, I don't expect it to have a conclusion sadly and with that by my Theories and Framework Don't Expect Ribrianne to be Ringed out yet even after Jiren goes on his maybe Rampage.

All this is Thoery and I am not 100% sure these teases are all real, but I go by what I got and so far Indeed this News caught me by suprise, indeed it made today interesting. ;)
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:56 pm

吉高寿男 @toshio916
I finished writing a cool Vegeta
OK, let's sleep

--

Thank you Toshio for confirming Vegeta is safe in the next episode.

Tombstone1988
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tombstone1988 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:11 pm

Assuming these spoilers are true, there's a few things about them that seem strange to me:

1.) According to Herms's translation, Fuwa orders Frost to eliminate a Universe 7 warrior. This... doesn't really make sense to me. First of all, they're currently in the middle of a tournament. The only way to order such a thing now is to shout it at Frost, which would consequently notify literally everyone else of what they're planning. Second, Frost already eliminated a Universe 7 warrior. Why would he order him to do something that he's already done? If this is a flashback scene that Frost has after spotting Roshi by himself, I'd understand it. The wording of the translation doesn't imply that, though.

2.) The translation for episode 108 states that "seeing Freeza watch and smirk as Gohan gets knocked around, the Universe 7 team have the uneasy feeling that he has betrayed them." So everyone else has the time to notice Freeza contemplating betraying them, but none of them help Gohan? Not Piccolo, who was at Gohan's side at the end of episode 106? Not 17, who stopped fighting Ribrianne to shield Goku? Not 18, who assisted Goku with the Pride Troopers and was willing to help 17 against Kakunsa? Not Vegeta, who jumped in to help Goku against Universe 9? This makes very little sense, especially since this is a battle royale that encouraged working together. All of a sudden nobody is going to assist their team captain and instead gawk at Freeza?

3.) Episodes 102 and 103 built up a heavy emphasis on how much Ribrianne despises 17. He blasted her when she was in the middle of transforming, he knocked out two of her comrades, he sarcastically mocked her ideals, and he flippantly disregarded their fight to go help Goku. Everything about those two episodes suggested a bitter rivalry on her part towards our modified human. So why is she suddenly targeting Goku in episodes 108 and 109 and not 17?

Obviously the simplest answer for these, assuming again that the spoilers are true, is to "wait and see." While that's true, that doesn't really stop these spoilers from being bizarre, in my opinion.
"If you notice this and understand that it's flawed and just don't let it bother you, that's perfectly fine. But enjoying a flawed movie and calling a movie flawless are two completely different things."

-Adam from YourMovieSucksDOTorg
(Replace "movie" with "DBS episode" and that's pretty much my thoughts in regards to DBS critique)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:12 pm

perucho1990 wrote:吉高寿男 @toshio916
OK, let's sleep

--

That is good to know. :mrgreen:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:17 pm

OK, let's sleep

--

Uh, no? The episodes are written months in advance, so the episode he's talking about probably won't air until February or March, so it's probably not even part of the ToP.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:20 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
OK, let's sleep

--

Uh, no? The episodes are written months in advance, so the episode he's talking about probably won't air until February or March, so it's probably not even part of the ToP.
I'll never be surprised by the leaps of logic that occur here sometimes.