"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:38 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Uh, no? The episodes are written months in advance, so the episode he's talking about probably won't air until February or March, so it's probably not even part of the ToP.
We know Vegeta will be a cool eventually though! A cool what remains to be seen. inb4 he gets frozen and is literally a cool Vegeta

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:21 pm

I can already picture Vegeta having a rematch with Hit either that or fighting Toppo, that would be good, but I hope they work better on his characterization in these possible fights. It's getting dull to watch Vegeta with his Android arc attitude for F's sake.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:06 pm

Don't we get titles from two different magazines? :|
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:11 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:吉高寿男 @toshio916
I finished writing a cool Vegeta
OK, let's sleep

--

Thank you Toshio for confirming Vegeta is safe in the next episode.
Uh, no? The episodes are written months in advance, so the episode he's talking about probably won't air until February or March, so it's probably not even part of the ToP.
But that does not make sense.ToP does not last until next year.It would be as if Toshio was confirming another Saga or that DBS would continue after the end of the tournament.
Not to mention that we will have some breaks until the beginning of the special.It would not have because he said he wrote something cool for Vegeta, if it was not related to the tournament

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:27 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: But that does not make sense.ToP does not last until next year.It would be as if Toshio was confirming another Saga or that DBS would continue after the end of the tournament.
Not to mention that we will have some breaks until the beginning of the special.It would not have because he said he wrote something cool for Vegeta, if it was not related to the tournament
Nothing has indicated that Super will end at the tournament and the listings for the dvd sets indicate the series will at least go to the 130s which would air some time in March. If he just finished writing the scene it'll be months before we see that episode.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:46 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote: But that does not make sense.ToP does not last until next year.It would be as if Toshio was confirming another Saga or that DBS would continue after the end of the tournament.
Nothing has indicated that Super will end at the tournament and the listings for the dvd sets indicate the series will at least go to the 130s which would air some time in March. If he just finished writing the scene it'll be months before we see that episode.
Yes, the DVD set indicated that the series will not end in the tournament but Toshio does not know anything about DVD's ... There is no reason for him to talk about something that is related to another Saga, it would be far ahead of what we know .

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:51 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Yes, the DVD set indicated that the series will not end in the tournament but Toshio does not know anything about DVD's ... There is no reason for him to talk about something that is related to another Saga, it would be far ahead of what we know .
All he's said is that Vegeta's in it. That's hardly something we couldn't figure out for ourselves considering Vegeta is Goku's #2 man and a franchise staple. If the series has been planned that far ahead that most likely means there's already some kind of framework in place be it an outline or whatever and as a series writer he would be privy to information like that.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:03 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
But that does not make sense.ToP does not last until next year.It would be as if Toshio was confirming another Saga or that DBS would continue after the end of the tournament.
He was saying that he JUST wrote a cool Vegeta episode, that means it's probably 4-6 months away from airing. He wasn't saying anything about the ToP or anything, all he said is that he just finished writing some Vegeta stuff. Nobody prompted him to say this either, it was just a tweet he put out.
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Yes, the DVD set indicated that the series will not end in the tournament but Toshio does not know anything about DVD's ... There is no reason for him to talk about something that is related to another Saga, it would be far ahead of what we know .
He's not a promoter and his job isn't to hype things up, all he did was tell his Twitter followers what he just finished writing and that he was going to sleep.
There is no big reveal or anything surprising going on here, Dragon Ball is making tons of money, of course it's still going to be running next year.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:13 am

Reminder that he tweeted about « writing the most funny fight » back in April, and the episode he was talking about is presumably episode 99, so ArchedThunder is definitely right.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:29 am

The absolute earliest the episode could air is December, but It's much more likely that it's a 2018 episode. It could air in January, but I think February or early March makes the most sense due to breaks and the inevitable block of Tomioka episodes we'll get in the climax as well as the fact that the writing staff is one person larger now.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:52 am

MrBlackFox wrote: He'll finally start talking, massive power up confirmed
BTW, aside from jokes, we're about to see why Toppo and Jiren conserved energy so morbidly, even letting their friends get eliminated, Jiren alone will do a massacre

I'm pretty scared Jiren will eliminate 90% of the remaining participants, cutting a lot of time and letting us with just 10-15 fighters

A cheap way to not show more detailed eliminations imo, really hope I'm wrong now saying that
I've actually become more and more convinced they're going to do something like this, especially how they're in such a rush to eliminate certain people.. like eliminating 4 of the pride troopers in a 2 minute battle for example. I've been sensing feelings of regret about making it a battle royale since after the 2nd or 3rd episode they stopped doing tag team battles entirely and just doing 1v1s mostly. Now they're going to eliminate people very quickly in the next few episodes I guarantee it and then 5 episodes or so of Jiren, Toppo, Hit, Goku, Veg and couple other top tier fighters.
perucho1990 wrote:Goku new form being the Trunks Genkidama mode isnt that bad of an idea, Toei might have Goku remembering Trunks using that form and when he chopped Merged Zamasu in 2 and believe that if Trunks could do it then why cant Goku attempt to unlock that form either?
I seriously hope not unless they do a lot of explaining. If it just happens like it did with Trunks with no one even commenting or acknowleding it, it will be extremely disappointing. It would also be strange that Trunks got the form already when he wasn't SSG or SS3 yet, but if they explain it well it could work. I just know if they did something like that they would probably barely explain it, or their explanation will somehow contradict what happened with Trunks.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:20 am

Genkidama? And from where is he going to gather energy from in that vacuum? From the rocks of the stage?

I don't see how this technique can work in there, we'll see.
Heno heno kappa!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:41 am

吉高寿男 @toshio916
OK, let's sleep.
[/quote]
Please let it be Vegeta on Planet Sadal
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:06 am

Basako wrote:Genkidama? And from where is he going to gather energy from in that vacuum? From the rocks of the stage?

From that Sun. :lol:

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:37 am

Spoilers have been confirmed real, it looks like. https://twitter.com/KenXyro/status/905332034998071296
Feels over Reals.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:56 am

RedHeat wrote:Spoilers have been confirmed real, it looks like. https://twitter.com/KenXyro/status/905332034998071296
Sounds like Freeza might betray the team, but not directly. Glad to see the Freeza and Frost working together angle hasn't been dropped after that very first meeting of them.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:00 am

perucho1990 wrote:吉高寿男 @toshio916
OK, let's sleep

--

Thank you Toshio for confirming Vegeta is safe in the next episode.
"Finished writing cool Vegeta" somehow equals "Vegeta not getting eliminaited"?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:55 am

Basako wrote:Genkidama? And from where is he going to gather energy from in that vacuum? From the rocks of the stage?

From Beerus :D

We'll have to wait and see.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:09 am

Roronoa-pt wrote:

From Beerus :D

We'll have to wait and see.
That is going to be one Mystery in this, Also;

HOW does he even Have Time to Do the Genkidama and NOT get beaten to a Blood Mess Doing it with how Long it takes!? :crazy:

Also, who was he planning on Using the Genkidama On?! :think:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

DaikoTheSaiyan

Post by DaikoTheSaiyan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:55 am

Maybe from vegeta, Gohan, Tien, Roshi, C-17/18,etc..