Ideas About Zalama and Super Shenron

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Ideas About Zalama and Super Shenron

Post by Zagacious » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:49 pm

Zalama is a Dragon God (龍神/Ryuu-jin). He formed the Super Dragon Balls in the forty-first year of the Divine Calendar. He made them to be the size of planets, about 37,196 kilometers in size. A year later, he patented technology that made star marks on Super Dragon Balls look the same from every angle. He created the phrase to summon the Divine Dragon, "Come forth, Dragon of the Gods, and grant my wish!", but the Dragon of the Gods will grant only one wish. He also has the Super Dragon Balls scatter throughout Universe 6 and Universe 7 after a wish is made"
Super Shenron and Fanfic Zalama

Could Zalama be equal to or greater than Zeno in Power/Hierarchy? I think it was stated that the Super Shenron exists between universes 6 and 7, but not much is known about Zalama, the Dragon God who created Super Shenron. Could he be the creator god who is opposite of Zeno who seems to be more of a destroyer?

As someone mentioned he could be of an entirely separate hierarchy or in no hierarchy at all, a sort of group of single purpose obscure gods that may not even report to Zeno. Although since Whis and Angels knew the commands to use the Super Dragon Balls, it's likely they are in somewhat cooperation with or a part of Zenos' hierarchy.

It seems Zeno still overpowers the Super Dragonballs' wish (Zamasu still being erased after being immortal, although this may be due to his weakness from fusion)

Do you think Zalama and Super Shenron may play a bigger role, or is it something the writers are going to mostly forget about? Just the fact that Zalama exists and hasn't really been explored makes me believe there may be more to the Gods' hierarchy that we don't know about. It would make sense for Zalama to play a bigger role just based on the fact he's a character related to the name of the show itself.

As a Piccolo fan, and a fan of Namekians in general I hope Zalama/Zarama is a Namekian god. It would make some sense because the Dragonballs we know about on Earth and Namek are created by Namekians.
Last edited by Zagacious on Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Re: Ideas About Zalama and Super Shenron

Post by Basako » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:39 am

I hate the name Super Shenron. Why Shenron and not Porunga anyway? I wish he had his own name.

Yeah, Zalama could be a god out of Zeno's hierarchy. This points to different gods existing, would be nice if they expanded this.
Heno heno kappa!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:55 am

I sure as hell hope to see Zalama. It would be lame if we never see him after he was mentioned. Maybe we will get to know more of him at the end of the ToP once the winner gets his wish?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:08 am

Zarama may be the only possible equaliser for the Z-fighters against Zeno. The obscurity of his character makes it possible for him to play an important role in the future -- anything could be written for him.

Super Saiyan God
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Super Saiyan God » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:12 am

In this case, i think Zalama at least equal to Zeno and here's my theory after Goku beat tournament and he might got super dragon balls to reach at leas gp's power then zeno. i think goku will surpass them after that theory happened. But then with in little chance Akira (Tori bot shows an apperance) and idk for what purpose he will but most likely for fight to train. then we will see end of z then next season in dragon ball super after EoZ

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:21 am

Isn't Zarama/Zalama that big yellow dragon?
I think he is.
Vados Sama!

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:24 pm

Smilodon wrote:Isn't Zarama/Zalama that big yellow dragon?
I think he is.
That is Super Shenron, although it's not really clearly represented and Super Shenron may just be an extension of Zalama, Zalama wasn't actually ever shown and he's the one that created the Super Dragon Balls. The fact they have two different names Super Shenron and Zalama makes me think they are not the same.
Basako wrote:I hate the name Super Shenron. Why Shenron and not Porunga anyway? I wish he had his own name.
Yeah, Zalama could be a god out of Zeno's hierarchy. This points to different gods existing, would be nice if they expanded this.
I think it's possible too there are gods or beings as strong as gods out there that aren't part of Zeno's hierarchy, I will be disappointed if DBS never explores any of this.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:17 pm

I think Zen-Oh's power overrides Zalama's. Which shouldn't be the case if Super Shenron is supposed to be "limitless", but whatever. Also, the Super Dragon Balls merely scatter in Universe 6 & 7, not the entire multi-verse. We still don't know much to come to an actual conclusion about the Dragon Balls' limits though.

It'd be a cool mini-arc if Universe 7 or 11 tries to bring the other universes back, only to find out that it's beyond Super Shenron's limits, and then they have to meet Zalama to get their wish granted or something.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:04 pm

DBZ Macky wrote:I think Zen-Oh's power overrides Zalama's. Which shouldn't be the case if Super Shenron is supposed to be "limitless", but whatever. Also, the Super Dragon Balls merely scatter in Universe 6 & 7, not the entire multi-verse. We still don't know much to come to an actual conclusion about the Dragon Balls' limits though.

It'd be a cool mini-arc if Universe 7 or 11 tries to bring the other universes back, only to find out that it's beyond Super Shenron's limits, and then they have to meet Zalama to get their wish granted or something.
I think Zen-oh power overrides Zalama's but the opposite can be true too...
For example. Zen-oh destroyed an immortal Zamasu (given by Zalama). But I can imagine Zalama bringing Universe 9 back (destroyed by Zen-oh) because it was said that he can do anything. I just don't think he can erase Zen'oh for example (because his power would be equal or greater than him)...
Vados Sama!

CTown

Post by CTown » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:11 am

Someone else in the SSB confusion thread had a theory that Zen-oh may be the destroyer of the multiverse and that the High Preist is his Angel. So I see how you came to the conclusion, Zalama really is the Kami/Kaioshin of the multiverse.

It seems that Zalama left the dragon in his place. This would explain why universes get destroyed and never created. Without Zalama, only this dragon has that power and no one has yet to wish for universes to return yet.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:30 am

CTown wrote:Someone else in the SSB confusion thread had a theory that Zen-oh may be the destroyer of the multiverse and that the High Preist is his Angel. So I see how you came to the conclusion, Zalama really is the Kami/Kaioshin of the multiverse.

It seems that Zalama left the dragon in his place. This would explain why universes get destroyed and never created. Without Zalama, only this dragon has that power and no one has yet to wish for universes to return yet.
That's honestly a really amazing and well thought out theory! I thought of Zen-Oh being a Dai Hakaishin and Great Priest being a Dai Tenshi of sorts, so Zalama being the Dai Kaioshin of the entire universe makes a lot of sense too,
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

CTown

Post by CTown » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:51 am

DBZ Macky wrote:
CTown wrote:Someone else in the SSB confusion thread had a theory that Zen-oh may be the destroyer of the multiverse and that the High Preist is his Angel. So I see how you came to the conclusion, Zalama really is the Kami/Kaioshin of the multiverse.

That's honestly a really amazing and well thought out theory! I thought of Zen-Oh being a Dai Hakaishin and Great Priest being a Dai Tenshi of sorts, so Zalama being the Dai Kaioshin of the entire universe makes a lot of sense too,
Thanks, but I'm just spring boarding on everyone else's theories!

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:33 am

My theory is he is the original Namekian and immortal, and through him he can bestow god ki onto his children, giving Piccolo a needed relevancy boost

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:38 am

It would really be awesome if somehow Piccolo finally catches up to Goku through Zarama. Piccolo is made up of a former God so it would be great to see him become a full-fledged God once again, with God Ki and new powers.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:35 am

My stupid theory: what if Zalama is Gin in disguise?
I'm talking about the fish God, who apparently is much more stronger than the other ones
Casualty wants it also resembles a dragon

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:04 pm

MrBlackFox wrote:My stupid theory: what if Zalama is Gin in disguise?
I'm talking about the fish God, who apparently is much more stronger than the other ones
Unrelated but did anyone notice one of the universes had a fighter who looks exactly like Genee? (Gin) he was just a fodder character it seems but still kind of weird to have them look so similar to a character that will probably be important later.

I mean there are some slight differences mainly in lips and color depending on the frame you're looking at, but it's clearly designed the same way.

(Back to the Main Topic)

I could definitely see one of the top highest 4 universe gods having some sort of other roles like creation and such, hopefully it's expanded upon.

Lupin879
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lupin879 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:25 am

I Read about zalama is Goku wha

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:49 am

Basako wrote:I hate the name Super Shenron. Why Shenron and not Porunga anyway? I wish he had his own name..
Because probably the only one who knows its name is Zarama, its creator. The main cast hasn't met him yet so they cannot call it by its proper name. All they can do is make up one.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:11 am

Zagacious wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:My stupid theory: what if Zalama is Gin in disguise?
Unrelated but did anyone notice one of the universes had a fighter who looks exactly like Genee? (Gin) he was just a fodder character it seems but still kind of weird to have them look so similar to a character that will probably be important later.

I mean there are some slight differences mainly in lips and color depending on the frame you're looking at, but it's clearly designed the same way.

(Back to the Main Topic)

I could definitely see one of the top highest 4 universe gods having some sort of other roles like creation and such, hopefully it's expanded upon.
Lol thats actually pretty funny
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:22 am

It was said Zalama is a Dragon God, so he can't be a Namekian type...But, it would be awsome if Zalama will be this guy here:
Vados Sama!