"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.
User avatar
YonedgeHP
Regular
Posts: 661
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 12:36 pm
Location: Barcelona, Catalonia (Kingdom of Spain)
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by YonedgeHP » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:04 am

Dragon Ball Super made Super Saiyan 2 important again.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

User avatar
JazzMazz
I Live Here
Posts: 2217
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:28 am
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:04 am

TheOne wrote:
HeroR wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: No, it doesn't sound like he has ultra instinct, he just sounds like his a sneaky bugger that runs and hides a lot. Also, Jiren is the mortal Whis was referring to. He even clarified that in the episode. Why do people still not think its Jiren even though its been stated multiple times by various different characters?
Some people really wants a 'twist' in the story. It's the same reason why the theory that Vados was evil and teaming up with Hit to kill Champa in the first tournament was such a popular theory despite having no evidence behind it. Or Goku Black really being Goten.
TheOne wrote:That's gotta be SSJ2 Cabba. Maybe it's a shot in between the electricity. Plus his bang is gone.

Hopefully this puts Cabba slightly above Caulifla and Kale is the one whose just absurdly strong
Cabba claimed Super Saiyan Cali was stronger than him.
Look at my above statement
Its stated when she first goes Super Saiyan.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8306
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:12 am

TheOne wrote:
Look at my above statement
I did, Super Saiyan 2 Cabba wouldn't be stronger than Super Saiyan 2 Cali since Super Saiyan 2 is a set multiplier, unless you're referencing the Super manga. As for Cabba probably downplaying, I find it unlikely since he was sweating and couldn't look Cali in the eye when he made that statement, which seems to hint that she's indeed stronger and Cabba is a little embarrass about it.
Last edited by HeroR on Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Simere
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1466
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Simere » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:12 am

TheOne wrote:
RedHeat wrote:
TheOne wrote:That's gotta be SSJ2 Cabba. Maybe it's a shot in between the electricity. Plus his bang is gone.

Hopefully this puts Cabba slightly above Caulifla and Kale is the one whose just absurdly strong
SSJ Caulifla is stronger than SSJ Cabba. It's already been confirmed.
When? Just because Caulifla had a better light show doesn't mean she's stronger. Cabba is a nervous kinda guy so if she says I might be stronger than you, he's gonna say maybe. He's very passive and she's very aggressive and cocky.
I agree. Goku has done similar downplaying of his strength in the past(although I can't think of a time he was sweating at the same time). That said, holding out hope for Cabba has to be one of the riskiest propositions in the series at this point. But Vegeta fans are well practiced with fool's hope.

User avatar
TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 943
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:01 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheOne » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:16 am

JazzMazz wrote:
TheOne wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Some people really wants a 'twist' in the story. It's the same reason why the theory that Vados was evil and teaming up with Hit to kill Champa in the first tournament was such a popular theory despite having no evidence behind it. Or Goku Black really being Goten.



Cabba claimed Super Saiyan Cali was stronger than him.
Look at my above statement
Its stated when she first goes Super Saiyan.
YOU rewatch it. I didn't know the word "might" automatically counted as a yes. She's cocky and he's passive. What do you think would've happened if he said no you aren't? She'd probably want to fight and test things out. Which I doubt he'd be in the mood to do.
How i predict the tournament will end:

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3062
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:27 am

That certainly doesn't look like Cabba's normal Super Saiyan. If it is SS2, then good on you, little guy! :D

User avatar
SansrivaaL
I Live Here
Posts: 3757
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:29 pm
Location: Earth

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:30 am

Yeah I'm gonna side with Cabba just being his usual nervous non confident self in that certain scenario when Cauli went SSJ, its why Vegeta kept on telling him "dont forget the pride of a saiyan" he lacks confidence, which is why I loved that smirk shot of him, he normally aint like that.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8306
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:37 am

TheOne wrote:
YOU rewatch it. I didn't know the word "might" automatically counted as a yes. She's cocky and he's passive. What do you think would've happened if he said no you aren't? She'd probably want to fight and test things out. Which I doubt he'd be in the mood to do.
Might means maybe, but it wasn't just the words, it was Cabba's body language as he talked.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kinokima
I Live Here
Posts: 2005
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kinokima » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:39 am

Simere wrote:
TheOne wrote:
RedHeat wrote: SSJ Caulifla is stronger than SSJ Cabba. It's already been confirmed.
When? Just because Caulifla had a better light show doesn't mean she's stronger. Cabba is a nervous kinda guy so if she says I might be stronger than you, he's gonna say maybe. He's very passive and she's very aggressive and cocky.
I agree. Goku has done similar downplaying of his strength in the past(although I can't think of a time he was sweating at the same time). That said, holding out hope for Cabba has to be one of the riskiest propositions in the series at this point. But Vegeta fans are well practiced with fool's hope.
Cabba isn’t Vegeta

I mean Trunks was slightly stronger than Goten (and I imagine that is still true). If we are going by the rule that everything related to Vegeta has to be weaker than Goku then that wouldn’t be the case.

But I also don’t understand the obsession with who is stronger. Maybe Caulifla is slighty stronger than Cabba. It doesn’t bother me anyway. I enjoy them both as characters & the potential they bring as protégées of Goku & Vegeta. It’s the character relationships not who is stronger that is more important.
Last edited by Kinokima on Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
pacz360
I Live Here
Posts: 2542
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:38 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by pacz360 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:41 am

SansrivaaL wrote:Yeah I'm gonna side with Cabba just being his usual nervous non confident self in that certain scenario when Cauli went SSJ, its why Vegeta kept on telling him "dont forget the pride of a saiyan" he lacks confidence, which is why I loved that smirk shot of him, he normally aint like that.
Guy has potential he needs to be more of that instead of him acting like a wimp at times
He shows signs of it before hopefully it stays like it

User avatar
Simere
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1466
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Simere » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:55 am

Kinokima wrote:Cabba isn’t Vegeta

I mean Trunks was slightly stronger than Goten (and I imagine that is still true). If we are going by the rule that everything related to Vegeta has to be weaker than Goku then that wouldn’t be the case.
I didn't say that because I think Cabba is Vegeta, I said it because I know TheOne to be a "Vegeta fan", and y'all have a history of hoping against hope. Cabba...ha! HA!

I hope I'm not wrong after tonight.

Kinokima
I Live Here
Posts: 2005
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kinokima » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:00 am

Simere wrote:
Kinokima wrote:Cabba isn’t Vegeta

I mean Trunks was slightly stronger than Goten (and I imagine that is still true). If we are going by the rule that everything related to Vegeta has to be weaker than Goku then that wouldn’t be the case.
I didn't say that because I think Cabba is Vegeta, I said it because I know TheOne to be a "Vegeta fan", and y'all have a history of hoping against hope. Cabba...ha! HA!

I hope I'm not wrong after tonight.

Well my mistake but I do see the opinion quite often that because Cabba is linked to Vegeta than he must be a disappointment or weak and that notion is just silly.

As I said it’s already disproven with Trunks Vs Goten

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8363
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:17 am

SansrivaaL wrote:I wonder how people will react once they decide to spice EoZ a little bit and have other characters namely Cauli, Kale and Ribriane pop up... I for one may just die from cringe.
Why? For all the matters these were just gonna be 'fun' add ups that in the end we know it didn't happen in the original manga :)
乃亜

Dragon Ball: The Others Discussion Thread

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1176
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 2:57 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:13 pm

Not really interested in the Namekians fight. Gohan and Piccolo team up does nothing for me and neither of them have many good fights in the series imo. Them being together jus makes me care about them less. At the same time, I also don't care about Vegeta or Cabba one bit. Freeza I guess is the only thing I'm invested in this episode. I'm more curious about 113 and 114. The idea of a wounded base Goku overwhelming Caulifla and or Kale is sort of amusing to me.

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13045
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:23 pm

Who doesn't know how to use a Ki saber at this point.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8363
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:36 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Who doesn't know how to use a Ki saber at this point.
Yeah, a bit uncreative from the staff providing this skill to more characters. Back in DBZ only Sauza (a movie character) and Vegetto had it.
Last edited by Noah on Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
乃亜

Dragon Ball: The Others Discussion Thread

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
I Live Here
Posts: 4358
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:39 pm

Noah wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Who doesn't know how to use a Ki saber at this point.
Yeah, a bit uncreative from the staff providing this skill to more characters. Back in DBZ only Sauza (a movie character) had this.
It is usually used by evil characters.

Michsi
I Live Here
Posts: 4557
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Michsi » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:44 pm

Noah wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Who doesn't know how to use a Ki saber at this point.
Yeah, a bit uncreative from the staff providing this skill to everyone. Back in DBZ only Sauza (a movie character) had this.
And I just now remember that it got stopped in the movie the same way too. So, so many references.

Well, I don't mind the move becoming more popular. It's a cool attack. It's not like Krillin's kienzan and Tenshinhan's solar flare haven't been copied by everyone and their mother.

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 3801
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:04 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Who doesn't know how to use a Ki saber at this point.
The only ones I know who can that I can think of:

Salza, Cooler (from games), Ginyu (Games Body Swap), Jeice (Games), Bardock (Games), Mira, Janemba (barely), Trunks, Zamasu, Goku Black, Merged Zamasu, Vegito, Caway, Ganos, Liquiir and Kahseral. Edit: Oh and Dyspo.

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13045
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:07 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:Who doesn't know how to use a Ki saber at this point.
The only ones I know who can that I can think of:

Salza, Cooler (from games), Ginyu (Games Body Swap), Jeice (Games), Bardock (Games), Mira, Janemba (barely), Trunks, Zamasu, Goku Black, Merged Zamasu, Vegito, Caway, Ganos, Liquiir and Kahseral. Edit: Oh and Dyspo.
I'm getting tired of how often it's starting to be used. I think ki weapons are an interesting thing, but a lot of the time it's just the same sword thing. I'm still waiting for Ki explosive fists where all ki goes to the fists which cause physical and explosive damage all at once. The Brawler/Berserker move.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Post Reply