"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Michsi
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Michsi » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:33 pm

HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote:
HeroR wrote: It’s not a rumor. It’s fans jumping to conclusions. Not to mention, I doubt this arc will go to March.
Well, it turned into a rumor along the way. A lot of things were lining up: the extra episode + that the episode number lasted until the end or March which also happens to be exactly when seasons switch and new shows start.

Granted, I don't understand Spanish that well so I should wait for a translated version of the interview, but still....
It still isn't a rumor. It's fans looking at something and making conclusions based on paper thin evidence.
Not to get finicky, but I don't think a rumor needs concrete evidence. It's just talk that gets passed around, and it did get passed around.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:36 pm

I'll wait for Herms, Sailor Spazz, or Ajay before I believe it. Just taking this rumor with a grain of salt and all.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:41 pm

Could end in March may just mean it hasn’t been officially renewed for more episodes yet. But things said at convention can easily be misinterpreted. I’ve seen that type of thing happen all the time.

But who knows I hope they don’t end at the TOP though. I’ll find that a disappointing arc to end on. At least give me Planet Sadala. Now I am hoping this current arc ends even sooner.

And if they were going to start a new series where exactly would they start it? At least they confirm there will be more Dragon Ball in some form. Movies are great the only problem with them we have to wait for them. So I want a series and movies :)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:42 pm

HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote:
MrKaytos wrote:snip
Well, we've been discussing this possibility for weeks and now we have a first semi-official statement regarding this rumor.
Can't say I'm happy about this. Movies are fine and all when it comes to quality, but it's a series that allows for more narrative development :(

Thanks a lot for providing the interview!
It’s not a rumor. It’s fans jumping to conclusions. Not to mention, I doubt this arc will go to March.
Key word is *might*. This doesn't really tell us anything at all.

ultravegeta

Post by ultravegeta » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:43 pm

They can still do a sadala art, the other 4 stronger universes can become arcs, a demon world arc. There is still a lot they can do.

Razyos

Post by Razyos » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:45 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote: Well, we've been discussing this possibility for weeks and now we have a first semi-official statement regarding this rumor.
Can't say I'm happy about this. Movies are fine and all when it comes to quality, but it's a series that allows for more narrative development :(

It’s not a rumor. It’s fans jumping to conclusions. Not to mention, I doubt this arc will go to March.
Exactly! No cause for alarm. This show isn’t going anywhere. There’s way too many stories left to tell
Spread positive vibes~ ^.^

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:47 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Michsi wrote: Well, we've been discussing this possibility for weeks and now we have a first semi-official statement regarding this rumor.

I'm not convinced either, but I am wary. As I've said, I've seen long running shows end suddenly before, so I'm keeping an open mind to the possibility.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:49 pm

ultravegeta wrote:They can still do a sadala art, the other 4 stronger universes can become arcs, a demon world arc. There is still a lot they can do.
I long for the day of a Demon Realm arc. Toriyama did express interest in exploring the Makaioshins.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:02 pm

Kanassa wrote:I long for the day of a Demon Realm arc. Toriyama did express interest in exploring the Makaioshins.
I would dig that but I hope not related to Towa, Mira and etc., cause it's a concept done to death in both Xenoverse and Heroes.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:04 pm

Sigh, I’ll wait for an official confirmation of the translation and interview first. Then I will once again explain the reasons, both literary within its narrative and business wise why it makes sense to end Super and what that ending would look like for the 100th time and why you could see coming literally a mile away from the very beginning also why the box set and it’s timing may be more than a coincidence. But like I said let’s wait for something official before getting into all that.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:05 pm

Not a big deal. When Super ends, a new series or films will continue the story anyway.

If we get a new series I hope this time we have an actual weekly manga by Toyotaro for Toei to use as a base. They should work together on a better single product.

If we get films 100% by Toriyama...I dunno. Loved BoG, hated RoF, and the original concept for Zamasu arc seems pretty awful (specially with the Potara retcon being introduced to nerf the villain even more, and Toriyama saying himself that it would be hard for him to develop Zamasu...) for me.

Either way this is nothing really surprising, if it turns to be true. I'm kinda interested about the announcement trough.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

MrKaytos
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MrKaytos » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:06 pm

By the way, all the merit of the interview + article goes for my partner @MASINDAC from @Misiontokyo and @GenisMT, our director. I couldn't be in the interview, so I'm just sharing what they have published!!

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:10 pm

Well if they were to make a new series maybe it will be a way to give the animators, writers, etc a break. They may call it a new series but it could be more akin to what Naruto Shippuden is to Naruto.

And maybe they would have a movie released during the break. I guess I could see that as a possibility.

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:22 pm

MrKaytos wrote:
dragonballhero wrote:
MrKaytos wrote:We have interviewed Kimitoshi Chioka in Mision Tokyo, during our "Salón del Manga", in Barcelona. He has said to us that Dragon Ball Super could end in March, but the franchise won't end at all, it will continue as films, series or anything else, they aren't sure yet. Furthermore, they can't confirm that are working on a new film, BUT a new announcement is coming at the end of this year.

-You can watch the full interview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV9wRPY9hOE

-And here you are the most important points: https://www.hobbyconsolas.com/noticias/ ... uchos-anos

I hope you like all this information!! They have confirmed that we'll have Dragon Ball for many years, so it's a great time to be a DB fan ;)

Best regards from Spain!!
Holy ****! For real?? Maybe the ToP IS the final arc after all...

Wait, Chioka said that the possibility for a new series is still on the table, right?
Yep. My workmates have asked him about Jaco, new TV specials, crossovers... Everything is possible. What I'm really impressed about our interview is the security of Chioka when talking about the future of the franchise. He's sure we'll have a lot of Dragon Ball for many years.

An interesting fact is that we asked him why they decided to continue Dragon Ball right now, after so many years. Chioka said that Dragon Ball Kai was a kind of sounding/poll, to check DB popularity. It went fine, so they started the new adventures.
Well, let's be honest, this IS Dragon Ball we're talking about. Heck, it kept going despite no anime/manga material being made between 1997 and 2008.

That being said, did you ask him anything about a sequel to Super that focuses on the likes of Uub and/or Pan or something to that effect?

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:25 pm

So, they have said Super could continue, there could be a movie, or a new series?. So, we're really none the wiser?. They're telling us nothing we don't already know to be fair.
It is clear Dragon Ball won't be going anywhere any time soon, and that is a good thing. If they were to end Super here, I would not be happy with that decision - so much potential wasted, and I don't see why they need to rebrand with a new Series - unless they continue in movie form exclusively.... meh.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:26 pm

>1- Dragon Ball Kai premiere on 2009 for newer generations and because of its success is why Dragon Ball Super was able to be made.

>2- March will be a key date for Dragon Ball Super because the series could end around those dates meaning the beginning of something new. Whether it is in the form of new Movies or a TV Show is yet to be known.

>3- Will there be a new Dragon Ball movie? It is not yet official and cannot be confirmed, but a special announcement will be made at the end of the year.

>4- When Dragon Ball Super began, they opted to recount the two new films in two arcs, as Beerus and Whis would be very important throughout the series.

>5- If an Anime has many sales but a poor audience, there is no risk of cancellation at all. If it happened the other way around, it would be more likely. In any case, the factors for an Anime to go well are the audience, merchandising sales and the existence of an original script.

>6- Trunks had blue hair in Dragon Ball Super because of Akira Toriyama.

>7- TV special episodes are possible to be released as in the 90s, but nothing is clear.

--

Most likely a new series imo, either one focused on the U6 Saiyan Kids or they will finally hit EoZ and build up Uub, Pan, etc.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:36 pm

I will never watch a new series with Uub, Pan etc...who cares, seriously.

King Jacku
Beyond Newbie

Post by King Jacku » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:40 pm

If true, I'm guessing it's gonna be the same show but with a different title (And hopefully a better production schedule?), for marketing purposes. Kind of like Dragonball to Z. I also believe they could make a time skip happen.

I think Toei realized how popular Dragonball actually is, thanks to Super.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:42 pm

Legion wrote:I will never watch a new series with Uub, Pan etc...who cares, seriously.

It’s not going to happen in a million years so don’t worry. Either is a U6 Saiyan series lol

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:45 pm

Just how much appeal would a potential sequel series committed to Uub and Pan garner? I doubt they carry any significant interest with the masses of DB fans. Plus, you have the issue of the older generations still being more than physically fit and proximate to put a damper on the fate of everything resting in the hands of those two.

The only version of Uub that I enjoy is the one Multiverse, a fan created comic book, brandished. If the writer took some inspiration with the abilities, power progression, and general competency used for Uub's character there then you might have a foundation, at least in my opinion. However, I really doubt it could hold up to the same standards as the older characters.