Complete BT3 Info and Discussion Thread [UPDATED 10/02/07]

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:02 pm

I have to agree with Justice on the Kaioshin fusion thing.

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:09 pm

The Justice wrote:
Adey wrote:
Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote:Any confirmation on the whole "Mirai Gohan isn't an amputee" situation?
Yep, he isn't.

Hate to be a dick and say I told you so.....but I only called this a month ago.

And yes I know it is hypocritical of me to post this now as I said I would not post anymore on this issue, but I am relieved as now I did not lose that bet and do not have to eat the hat off of my head.

Wait.........I never made any bets........ha!

Any who, sorry I will shut up now.

Back to the game though, I do like how they gave The Supreme Kai and his fusion different rushes to differentiate between the two forms as before it seemed rather pointless to transform when they were practically the same.

Though I was hoping that they would give him a fusion cutscene like in B3.

"Kabito, take the one off your right ear!"
"Why absolutely!"

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!"

It seems kind of dumb that the other fusions get a cutscene and this one is just:

BAM!!! I GOT A NEW SUIT!!!

Oh well its not really that big of a deal anyways, I'll still play as him like I did before.

Well that is all of my thoughts for now.

JUSTICE AWAY!!!
You don't have to hit enter after every sentance btw.

Drunken Master
Regular

Post by Drunken Master » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:11 pm

Yamcha's new wolf fang fist is a bag full of awesomeness!
AKA [b]Pope Blitzkrieg XVI[/b], [b]Mr. Shades-Internet McCool[/b]

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm

Wow, in the anime I really hate Bruce Faulconer's music. I just can't get into the English dub largely because of his music replacing the Japanese tracks.

But for some reason, in the game it seems to fit perfectly! I really, really like it in this capacity and I'm surprised.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vYtYlwVz4jw
17 vs Mirai Gohan

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DYdq_0-mXak
Yamucha vs Chibi Goku

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H5ZkR_24kEc
SSJ4 Vegeta vs Nouva Shenron (Sounds levels are wonky)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HR_1v8C7TTY
Seripa vs Bardock (I think this is also his music, great fight either way)

*BTW, no his music is not included in the game. This guy put it into the video himself.
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

Drunken Master
Regular

Post by Drunken Master » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:25 pm

Whoohoo, Cyborg Taopaipai can fly, and has 3 health bars. That's nice, he was badass. His rush is brutal!
AKA [b]Pope Blitzkrieg XVI[/b], [b]Mr. Shades-Internet McCool[/b]

tinlunlau
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by tinlunlau » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:38 pm

Has anyone successfully tried the disc swapping system yet? How does it work?
The world is your's.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:57 am

tinlunlau wrote:Has anyone successfully tried the disc swapping system yet? How does it work?
For which system?

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:12 am

Rocketman wrote:
The S wrote:And you think San Andreas' was high enough to get it rated AO after "Hot Coffee"?
The joke -> :arrow:

Your head -> :?

Why does no-one understand my genius? :(
No, no, NO! It's more like this:

MY joke -> :arrow:

YOUR head -> :?

Why does no one understand sarcasm? :(
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:48 am

The S wrote:No, no, NO! It's more like this:

MY joke -> :arrow:

YOUR head -> :?

Why does no one understand sarcasm? :(
Because the vocal inflections we use to recognize sarcasm are eliminated by the text-only format of these posts?

The Justice

Post by The Justice » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:15 am

Dually noted on the spacing thing Demi. One other thing I have noticed in the videos, and I am gonna get a lot of heat for this but, I can't stand the music in the Japanese version of the game. I swear every video of the game I have seen on youtube has the same midi version of head-cha-la and I already hate hearing it.

I hope there is new music in the US version and not recycled music from the old games. Then again I usually just turn of the music anyhow so I guess it doesn't really matter.
I don't like podcasts. I find them to be boring. Sue me.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:16 am

Castor Troy wrote:
tinlunlau wrote:Has anyone successfully tried the disc swapping system yet? How does it work?
For which system?
Only the PS2 version has the Disc Fusion system. And I've not seen anything about it yet. The Gamefaqs boards might have something though since there's a lot more people there with the game than here.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Teclo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Teclo » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:06 am

I haven't tried it myself yet but it sounds as if the Disc Fusion system is comparable to the thing you could do with Sonic and Knuckles on the Mega Drive: You can use the characters from the most recent game in modes from the older games.

So you could do the Ultimate Battle mode (or whatever it's called) from Tenkaichi 1 with your custom character from Tenkaichi 3. It sounds like a nice idea though not exactly something I can imagine doing that much. Still, I'd rather have it than an online mode since (a) Xbox Live taught me that 99% of the people that you'll be playing against will be the sorts of people you try to avoid meeting in real life and (b) when I ask myself "Do I want to have some friends round and sit around the TV playing a multiplayer game with some snacks and a few beers" or "Do I want to sit on my own and play with total strangers that I can't even see and probably can't stand?" it doesn't take long to come to a conclusion. To each his own and all that, but on the basis that you have friends I personally can't really see much of an argument for online gaming.

Daizensushi-x
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daizensushi-x » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:10 am

Xyex wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:
For which system?
Only the PS2 version has the Disc Fusion system. And I've not seen anything about it yet. The Gamefaqs boards might have something though since there's a lot more people there with the game than here.
Nah...it's just everyone requesting videos or asking if it's any different than Sparking Neo or saying how much story mode sucks.

Blah Blah Blah.

And don't forget about trolls.
Psh...if Mike was an administrator for gamefaqs.....*thinks* :shock:
-My First short film
Revenge at the Dojo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCK5q8Bcof8

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:20 am

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Sun May 01, 2011 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

kaioken12
Beyond Newbie

Post by kaioken12 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:09 am

Gargh, I just noticed something ridicoulus Oo
I fought an Oozaru and transformed to SSJ, SSJ2, SSJ3 - everytime flying towards him confidently to kick his a**.

But well, the wall effect was still there, what's wrong with the way it was in BT2? :(
I don't think, there is much logic in a SSJ3 punching an Oozaru for nothing - that was more logical in BT2 :/
[edit]
Besides, I have to note, that a SSJ2 can punch Brolly ("half-wall") better than SSJ1 (there is a "full" wall effect) and a SSJ3 can really punch him like he could punch anyone else (no wall effect at all).
So this is again bizarre regarding Oozaru's wall effect...
[/edit]

Good "news" for all who didn't know yet (I didn't get it until today so I am just posting it): Dragonball characters can't fly.
They don't fall down either like in BT2, they just sink down little by little while all "fly-able" characters stay in the air where they are.

Besides that, I now could figure out some more stuff about the controls, they made some things different.
Throw is now pressing X 2 times and teleporting (Z counter) seems to be something with square and direction keys, but that I couldn't do...

Anyway, as great as the game is now for some fun alone and with friends.
Does anyone (of those who have Sparking already) think that it looks like Spike went sometimes backwards technically?
It looks like they were forcing a reason to create BT 4 *lol*.
I mean, they paid attention to the hair of a SSJ (mid) and (late) on the one hand (great love for detail) but then on the other hand messed up a few things (revenge death ball - as much as I personally hate GT - looked more like in the show back in BT2. In 3 it's too small somehow Oo ; Oozaru transformation is weird, if Vegeta throws his artificial moon and transform, his opponent saiyan like Bardock or King Vegeta won't be able to transform as well and so on).

Well, whatever the case is, don't be shocked if you don't have the game, it's still worth it's ~ 50 $, it's great and it's fun to play it, the AI has been improved as well.
What I am just wondering about is, why they did some "terrible" things in there - perhaps because of rushing it out for a fixed release date? :/

It just doesn't fit to show so much detail and effort in one part and then messing things in another I think...

EDIT: Changed something in the first paragraph (about Oozaru).
Last edited by kaioken12 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:20 pm

My wii version came in today from play asia... sadly I have to leave for class and won't be back for 6-7 hours.

I'll post my thoughts tonight.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:50 pm

Castor Troy wrote:My wii version came in today from play asia... sadly I have to leave for class and won't be back for 6-7 hours.

I'll post my thoughts tonight.
You have a Japanese Wii? Lucky asshole, I want that Wii One Piece game...

Some Disc Fusion stuff would be nice. I'll be getting the Wii version, and I'd like to see what I'm missing.

Teclo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Teclo » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:06 pm

I had a little go the other day and I was surprised to see that they'd taken out the ability to stop locking onto the opponent and free roam and also to search for the opponent with L1.

Now you're permanently locked on though many Ultimate Blast moves will knock you out of lock on; you'll then start auto-searching and if you can't find them then you'll enter free roam mode... Why the hell did they take out something as innocuous as free roam/search? It's not like it had a real impact on the core gameplay - it was just a nice thing to be able to do.

Also I heard on gameFAQs that you can't manually taunt any more but if you stand still for long enough you auto-taunt, possibly receiving a swift counter attack from the enemy. How ridiculous!

On the whole the game felt more complex than BT2 (which in turn felt more complex than BT1) and I like the way you can change the course of Story Mode battles in real-time. While the map roaming mode worked well in Budokai 3 I think it was kinda crappily implemented in BT2 so I'm not sorry to see the back of it (though at least they used an accurate map of the DB world in BT2, unlike in B3).

I think my biggest pet peeve when it comes to the BT is the characters that only have rush moves. I really looked forward to using Videl in BT1/2 but when I got her I found that she could only rush down the enemy meaning that playing as her is basically just watching cutscenes of her punching the opponent. It was improved in BT2 since the generally fighting system was built on outside of just doing Blast 2s and Ultimate Blasts so you could do various combos with striking moves, knocking them in various directions and combing that with throws and Blast 2s... It still doesn't match the fun of playing as a character like Gohan or Vegeta.

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:48 pm

It seems that there is a customization feature to some extent.
SSJ aura Pan!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3786oL9pySk

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:14 pm

Sshadow5001 wrote:It seems that there is a customization feature to some extent.
SSJ aura Pan!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3786oL9pySk
SSJ2 Vegetto w/ Red Aura! :D