Power scaling is not important anymore.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Power scaling is not important anymore.

Post by Meshack » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:25 am

Reading these comments, I believe people forgot or don’t know what battle powers are. Battle powers are an indicator of how strong the characters are. You can represent it as a number (like what Toriyama did in the manga) or it’s just another of saying “I am stronger than you.” by saying “I have a higher battle power than you do.” like what Toppo said about Jiren and Belmod. Battle powers will always be relevant since there’re characters that’re stromg than others. We may not get battle powers expressed as numbers again (something I want) but it’ll always be relevant.

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Faisal Shourov » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:37 pm

Meshack wrote: The writers have no control over how strong the characters are. They do plan stuff or write minths ahead so they know what they can and cannot do.
That means they simply decide who would win months ahead, there's no planning involved
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:25 pm

Oh boy :roll:

Powerscaling still exists and it is still very important in Super.

There's a reason you won't see Krillin beating up Whis.Characters can sometimes be weaker or stronger from episode to episode due to diferent writers

But to say Powerscaling isn't important anymore is nothing more than an exaggeration based on a few instances in the anime.

Super makes it clear who the top dogs are if powerscaling wasn't important why are characters like the Gods of destruction afraid of Zeno? Why was Beerus afraid of Grand Priest.

Why did SSJ - SSJG Goku do nothing to Jiren?

Remember inconsistencies will always exist.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:47 am

Saiyan007 wrote:an exaggeration based on a few instances in the anime..
Ahem cough cough lol

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:15 am

It's not in the anime but the manga has so far kept things in check and tries to show a difference between each Ssj form.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:52 am

^Ŷeah for sure the manga is more consistent, but he mentioned the anime.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:59 am

Faisal Shourov wrote:
Meshack wrote: The writers have no control over how strong the characters are. They do plan stuff or write minths ahead so they know what they can and cannot do.
That means they simply decide who would win months ahead, there's no planning involved
There is planning. They’re not just doing things on the whim. That’s not how things work.