"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.
Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:33 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:45 pm

Android 18 needs to get eliminated in episode 120 or 121 by U3. U3 has literally no eliminations, so they deserve at least one before they get erased, and Android 18 has overstayed her welcome tbh. Besides, she wouldn't be able to do anything against Dyspo or Toppo without Toei doing some retarded power scaling, and it's not like eliminating her would do much to hype up characters that were already established at SSB level (or somewhere between SSG and SSB for Dyspo).

precita
Banned
Posts: 6037
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by precita » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:47 pm

18 lasting so long is really surprising, I never expected it. She never even got an episode in the training/recruitment arc either.

I'm actually kind of happy. I love seeing 18 in action especially since she never did anything for all of Super, but it almost feels like they're being very generous now.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:33 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:49 pm

precita wrote:
TheOne wrote:
precita wrote:
Well the difference is we have no idea how strong Roshi got. He never fought any really strong opponents, and Frost tortured him fully. It's not too unbelieveable to think Roshi can be around Nappa or Saiyan Saga Vegeta strength if he trained seriously from Return of F till now.
The thing about Roshi is that he was sidelined in Z. Heck, he was surpassed in dragon ball by everyone. It’s only because of Super that the creators made him this stupidly strong out of nowhere.

All they did was sprinkle a little bit of “oh he trained in secret” in Super and Now he can magically hold his own. Everyone buys it and eats it up.
Well the other humans made huge gains, Roshi did retire so he put effort in. I only see Roshi somewhere between Nappa and Saiyan Saga Vegeta, I don't think he got that strong. People putting Roshi on the level of the Ginyu Force is ridiculous.
Well I wouldn't be surprised if he was Ginyu Force level since Toei has already proven that they don't really care about power scaling or giving characters a realistic buff from training. Just look at Gohan in this arc. His base form literally got over 100x stronger just by training with Piccolo for a few hours (Gohan went from losing to Piccolo in SSJ2 to being portrayed as stronger than Piccolo in base).

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
I Live Here
Posts: 4358
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:56 pm

precita wrote:18 lasting so long is really surprising, I never expected it. She never even got an episode in the training/recruitment arc either.

I'm actually kind of happy. I love seeing 18 in action especially since she never did anything for all of Super, but it almost feels like they're being very generous now.
The reason why 17, 18 and Roshi are getting this is treatment is because they have done nothing in a long time. The same thing also sort of applies to Gohan.

You better enjoy it while it lasts as you know exactly where they are going after this arc and most likely for a very long time.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here
Posts: 2326
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:00 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:28 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
precita wrote:18 lasting so long is really surprising, I never expected it. She never even got an episode in the training/recruitment arc either.

I'm actually kind of happy. I love seeing 18 in action especially since she never did anything for all of Super, but it almost feels like they're being very generous now.
The reason why 17, 18 and Roshi are getting this is treatment is because they have done nothing in a long time. The same thing also sort of applies to Gohan.

You better enjoy it while it lasts as you know exactly where they are going after this arc and most likely for a very long time.
Sad as it is, I agree this is 100% spot on. It's their last chance to have meaningful moments. They are on the tier of characters who since the Buy arc have received less than Piccolo until now.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
I Live Here
Posts: 4358
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:36 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
precita wrote:18 lasting so long is really surprising, I never expected it. She never even got an episode in the training/recruitment arc either.

I'm actually kind of happy. I love seeing 18 in action especially since she never did anything for all of Super, but it almost feels like they're being very generous now.
The reason why 17, 18 and Roshi are getting this is treatment is because they have done nothing in a long time. The same thing also sort of applies to Gohan.

You better enjoy it while it lasts as you know exactly where they are going after this arc and most likely for a very long time.
Sad as it is, I agree this is 100% spot on. It's their last chance to have meaningful moments. They are on the tier of characters who since the Buy arc have received less than Piccolo until now.
I might be annoyed about Piccolo going out next but I am 99% sure he will get things in future arcs and he also now has his own connection to Universe 6 as well.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:56 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by CriticalThinker » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:42 pm

Honestly I'm fine with 17, 18, and Roshi getting so much screen time because I doubt they'll do much in the next upcoming arc. Also if I had to guess maybe Piccolo will take Shantsa down with him or maybe he doesn't and Gohan takes out Shantsa, guess will see soon enough.

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
I Live Here
Posts: 4358
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:50 pm

CriticalThinker wrote:Honestly I'm fine with 17, 18, and Roshi getting so much screen time because I doubt they'll do much in the next upcoming arc. Also if I had to guess maybe Piccolo will take Shantsa down with him or maybe he doesn't and Gohan takes out Shantsa, guess will see soon enough.
Piccolo is not just going to drop out during the middle of an episode as not even Roshi, Tien and Krillin did that. He will have a role in beating Universe 4.

Shantsa is at least going down with him and maybe even 1 or both Bugs.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 286
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:56 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by CriticalThinker » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:54 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
CriticalThinker wrote:Honestly I'm fine with 17, 18, and Roshi getting so much screen time because I doubt they'll do much in the next upcoming arc. Also if I had to guess maybe Piccolo will take Shantsa down with him or maybe he doesn't and Gohan takes out Shantsa, guess will see soon enough.
Piccolo is not just going to drop out during the middle of an episode as not even Roshi, Tien and Krillin did that. He will have a role in beating Universe 4.

Shantsa is at least going down with him and maybe even 1 or both Bugs.
For his sake I hope so, but I sorta doubt he'll take out one or both of the bugs. More likely than not he'll figure out Shantsa technique and knock him out and then he gets knocked out.

User avatar
kinisking
I Live Here
Posts: 4987
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:21 pm
Location: United States.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by kinisking » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:58 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
precita wrote:18 lasting so long is really surprising, I never expected it. She never even got an episode in the training/recruitment arc either.

I'm actually kind of happy. I love seeing 18 in action especially since she never did anything for all of Super, but it almost feels like they're being very generous now.
The reason why 17, 18 and Roshi are getting this is treatment is because they have done nothing in a long time. The same thing also sort of applies to Gohan.

You better enjoy it while it lasts as you know exactly where they are going after this arc and most likely for a very long time.
Sad as it is, I agree this is 100% spot on. It's their last chance to have meaningful moments. They are on the tier of characters who since the Buy arc have received less than Piccolo until now.
Gohans here to stay. They wouldn't do such a character arc with him and then drop him. 17 is debatable.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
I Live Here
Posts: 4358
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:03 pm

kinisking wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
The reason why 17, 18 and Roshi are getting this is treatment is because they have done nothing in a long time. The same thing also sort of applies to Gohan.

You better enjoy it while it lasts as you know exactly where they are going after this arc and most likely for a very long time.
Sad as it is, I agree this is 100% spot on. It's their last chance to have meaningful moments. They are on the tier of characters who since the Buy arc have received less than Piccolo until now.
Gohans here to stay. They wouldn't do such a character arc with him and then drop him. 17 is debatable.
Do you believe that or is that hope talking? What do you mean by 'stay' as well.

precita
Banned
Posts: 6037
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by precita » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:06 pm

While they could easily leave Gohan aside again, it's far more likely for him to remain relevant in future arcs than say 17, 18, Krillin, Tien, Roshi or even Piccolo.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here
Posts: 2326
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:00 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:08 pm

kinisking wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
The reason why 17, 18 and Roshi are getting this is treatment is because they have done nothing in a long time. The same thing also sort of applies to Gohan.

You better enjoy it while it lasts as you know exactly where they are going after this arc and most likely for a very long time.
Sad as it is, I agree this is 100% spot on. It's their last chance to have meaningful moments. They are on the tier of characters who since the Buy arc have received less than Piccolo until now.
Gohans here to stay. They wouldn't do such a character arc with him and then drop him. 17 is debatable.

Fwiw I only meant the other three he mentioned, not Gohan.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
I Live Here
Posts: 4358
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:13 pm

precita wrote:While they could easily leave Gohan aside again, it's far more likely for him to remain relevant in future arcs than say 17, 18, Krillin, Tien, Roshi or even Piccolo.
He has a reason to be not included as we all know and was only included this time because Goku told him the consequences of the tournament.

17, 18, Krillin, Tien and Roshi will get shit though and Gohan without doubt has a higher chance then these 5.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueVegerot » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:44 pm

Why are so many people convinced super shenron can just bring everyone back easy peasy?

I heard the "has no limits" argument but same was said of shenron until he then had limits.
Also go back to trunks arc, zeno erased a immortal zamasu, now you will say to erase isn't killing which immortality protects against but Beerus said he had NOTHING to destroy zamasu with implying his hakai would not have worked. This makes me think that Zeno > Zalama and hence Super Shenron cannot undo zeno actions, not to mention it would totally shit on zeno being established as THE absolute top of the pecking order.

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
I Live Here
Posts: 4358
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:48 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:Why are so many people convinced super shenron can just bring everyone back easy peasy?

I heard the "has no limits" argument but same was said of shenron until he then had limits.
Also go back to trunks arc, zeno erased a immortal zamasu, now you will say to erase isn't killing which immortality protects against but Beerus said he had NOTHING to destroy zamasu with implying his hakai would not have worked. This makes me think that Zeno > Zalama and hence Super Shenron cannot undo zeno actions, not to mention it would totally shit on zeno being established as THE absolute top of the pecking order.
They are coming back no matter how and you know that so why are you complaing about nothing?

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueVegerot » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:55 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:Why are so many people convinced super shenron can just bring everyone back easy peasy?

I heard the "has no limits" argument but same was said of shenron until he then had limits.
Also go back to trunks arc, zeno erased a immortal zamasu, now you will say to erase isn't killing which immortality protects against but Beerus said he had NOTHING to destroy zamasu with implying his hakai would not have worked. This makes me think that Zeno > Zalama and hence Super Shenron cannot undo zeno actions, not to mention it would totally shit on zeno being established as THE absolute top of the pecking order.
They are coming back no matter how and you know that so why are you complaing about nothing?
I'm not complaining. I know they are coming back. Dude chill out piccolo being eliminated doesn't mean you have to be going around confrontational

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3062
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:57 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:Why are so many people convinced super shenron can just bring everyone back easy peasy?

I heard the "has no limits" argument but same was said of shenron until he then had limits.
Also go back to trunks arc, zeno erased a immortal zamasu, now you will say to erase isn't killing which immortality protects against but Beerus said he had NOTHING to destroy zamasu with implying his hakai would not have worked. This makes me think that Zeno > Zalama and hence Super Shenron cannot undo zeno actions, not to mention it would totally shit on zeno being established as THE absolute top of the pecking order.
Shenron's limitations didn't work like that. For example, he couldn't kill Nappa and Vegeta because they were stronger than Kami, but he could revive the people they killed with absolutely no problems because the wish had nothing to do with them. This is true for beings even as strong as Buu. So the question is whether or not it's within Super Shenron's power to restore people from a statue of erasure which ultimately has little to do with how strong Zeno is or is not because the wish is not directed at him. Now if they tried to kill Zeno, that's another matter. Whis indicated a little while back that someone could use the wish on the Super Dragon Balls to possibly kill gods but it's not clear if this extends to Zeno or not.
Last edited by BlueBasilisk on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueVegerot » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:59 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:Why are so many people convinced super shenron can just bring everyone back easy peasy?

I heard the "has no limits" argument but same was said of shenron until he then had limits.
Also go back to trunks arc, zeno erased a immortal zamasu, now you will say to erase isn't killing which immortality protects against but Beerus said he had NOTHING to destroy zamasu with implying his hakai would not have worked. This makes me think that Zeno > Zalama and hence Super Shenron cannot undo zeno actions, not to mention it would totally shit on zeno being established as THE absolute top of the pecking order.
Shenron's limitations didn't work like that. For example, he couldn't kill Nappa and Vegeta because they were stronger than Kami, but he could revive the people they killed with absolutely no problems because the wish had nothing to do with them. This is true for beings even as strong as Buu. So bringing people back would ultimately have nothing to do with how strong Zeno is or is not as the wish is not directed at him but the people influenced by his actions. Now if they tried to kill Zeno, that's another matter. Whis indicated a little while back that someone could use the wish on the Super Dragon Balls to possibly kill gods but it's not clear if this extends to Zeno or not.

Zeno erasure basically makes it so you never existed iirc correctly thats how whis phrased it after u9 was erased. Are we certain super shenron can bring back people who for all intents and purposes never existed?

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3062
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:01 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:Why are so many people convinced super shenron can just bring everyone back easy peasy?

I heard the "has no limits" argument but same was said of shenron until he then had limits.
Also go back to trunks arc, zeno erased a immortal zamasu, now you will say to erase isn't killing which immortality protects against but Beerus said he had NOTHING to destroy zamasu with implying his hakai would not have worked. This makes me think that Zeno > Zalama and hence Super Shenron cannot undo zeno actions, not to mention it would totally shit on zeno being established as THE absolute top of the pecking order.
Shenron's limitations didn't work like that. For example, he couldn't kill Nappa and Vegeta because they were stronger than Kami, but he could revive the people they killed with absolutely no problems because the wish had nothing to do with them. This is true for beings even as strong as Buu. So bringing people back would ultimately have nothing to do with how strong Zeno is or is not as the wish is not directed at him but the people influenced by his actions. Now if they tried to kill Zeno, that's another matter. Whis indicated a little while back that someone could use the wish on the Super Dragon Balls to possibly kill gods but it's not clear if this extends to Zeno or not.

Zeno erasure basically makes it so you never existed iirc correctly thats how whis phrased it after u9 was erased. Are we certain super shenron can bring back people who for all intents and purposes never existed?
Zeno's power doesn't work retroactively. The things he erases still exist prior to the point he erased them which is why Whis was able to pull strings at the end of the Future Trunks arc.

Post Reply