Why do people have a problem with Vegeta doing better against jiren?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Why do people have a problem with Vegeta doing better against jiren?

Post by Doctor. » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:01 pm

immakillya wrote:I doubt ssb kk x 20 is actually 20 times stronger than ssb.
I believe kk x 20 is just 20 times his base, and then ssb gets added on top of that.
So ssb kk x 20 goku = 20 times goku base plus ssb
The end result is literally the same.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:31 pm

Well , as. Read a couple of post before ... is Goku show what everybody expect and / or wants ?
Telling that I want Vegeta or somebody else different to Goku to win the tournament doesn’t mean that I’m a hater of Goku or Vegeta fanboy , just want a surprise. I’m a dragon ball fan , for good they need a different conclusion than the one that seems it’s gonna be , I hope to be wrong
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:49 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Unless there is a good, and I mean, a really good reason for Vegeta potentially performing as well as the NEP for Episode 122 is implying, then it's major power scaling issue given that Goku, when he cranked his SSJB form to being 20 times stronger than Vegeta, didn't even make Jiren flinch. And that's the big problem some people have with the idea of Vegeta potentially performing better in combat compared to Goku.
It's inexcusable. It will come off as pandering to the Vegeta fans if there isn't a good explanation, because so far it's terrible writing. You cannot have a supporting character perform better than the main character who just got a shiny new transformation.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:57 pm

Khandom101 wrote:I thought Trunks was the king of asspull but Vegeta seriously takes the cake on this one. Makes me Hate his Character even more. :evil: :evil: :evil:
He is a bad character, but Toei needs to make their $$$ off merchandise sales.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:44 pm

Kaiosama wrote:
It's inexcusable. It will come off as pandering to the Vegeta fans if there isn't a good explanation, because so far it's terrible writing. You cannot have a supporting character perform better than the main character who just got a shiny new transformation.
Vegeta is also a main character, and besides Gokus character got stale ages ago, Goku works much better as a support character tbh.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:32 am

perucho1990 wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:
Vegeta is also a main character, and besides Gokus character got stale ages ago, Goku works much better as a support character tbh.
eh. Can't agree with that. He's best as MC but I feel they need to really not put too much focus. FT Saga was a perfect handling of the screen time. As far as stale goes, don't see how you can say that about Goku but not mention Vegeta himself as well lol.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:51 am

If this is the final 3 then Vegeta somehow survives his fight with Jiren.

This'll put (if true) Vegeta in the top 5 strongest fighters across the lower 8 universes.
WittyUsername wrote:Vegeta putting up a good fight against Jiren comes across as pandering to me.
It's about time they pandered to the right fan base.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:02 am

Like Goku doesn't get pandered to a lot.

Remember Goku's full power Kamehameha doing more damage to Merged Zamasu than Vegito's Final Kamehameha? I sure do.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:04 am

sintzu wrote:If this is the final 3 then Vegeta somehow survives his fight with Jiren.

This'll put (if true) Vegeta in the top 5 strongest fighters across the lower 8 universes.
WittyUsername wrote:Vegeta putting up a good fight against Jiren comes across as pandering to me.
It's about time they pandered to the right fan base.
Isn't it just promotional tho it's like how everybody expected ribrianne and kale expected to be in the top ten yet look what happened
Tho I'll keep it mind

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:07 am

pacz360 wrote:Isn't it just promotional tho ?
Yeah which is why I'm saying if cause this could just be a cool image they made. My current predictions are Goku, Gohan & Freeza so if this is true then 2 of my predictions were wrong.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:08 am

It's funny, the Goku fans have a problem with Vegeta not being completely delusional and seemingly backing up his boastful claims. :lol:

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:13 am

TheOne wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:
Supersaiyanbulla wrote:Honestly it’s actually getting retarded how most of this youtubers are in denial like Christ let Vegeta fans have this for once even seththeprogrammer says this and that’s saying something,meanwhile the Japanese fans are happy Vegeta getting this.

This isn’t towards anyone on this site just to let people know.
Just stop.Now back to topic,powerscaling.The only thing jiren phased was UI goku which was stronger than kkx20 ssb goku and vegeta fans should not be getting too happy,have they forgotten how much the previews have lied?
How can Jiren sweating and having semi worried looks on his face be a lie...? Nobody expects him to beat Jiren but he’s being portrayed as performing a heck of a lot better than Goku did at SSBKK.

Now that Vegeta has the potential to get some spotlight, everyone wants to freak out about scaling?

”Nevermind all the issues before. Vegeta is where we draw the line!!”

OR

“We’re tired of this being a Goku show. Let someone else shine for a change”
I have no problem with someone getting the spotlight,but there is something known as consistency.I don't even like ssbkk,I prefer what they have done in manga.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

avasatu
Beyond Newbie

Post by avasatu » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:41 am

I'm not entirely sure why people are concluding that he will do better. We don't know the context behind any of the shots in the preview.

avasatu
Beyond Newbie

Post by avasatu » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:45 am

I believe kk x 20 is just 20 times his base, and then ssb gets added on top of that.
Your second statement would imply that KK x 20 would make SSB Goku MORE than 20 times as powerful as SSB. Increasing your base power is the best thing you can do if you want multipliers to stack on top!

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:17 am

avasatu wrote:
Your second statement would imply that KK x 20 would make SSB Goku MORE than 20 times as powerful as SSB. Increasing your base power is the best thing you can do if you want multipliers to stack on top!
You're interpreting it as "base multiplied by 20, then multiplied by the Blue multiplier" but that doesn't seem to be the intent here.

He's saying it's "Super Saiyan Blue power plus 20x base power." Plus. As in, addition. Not multiplication. In other words, since the Kaio-ken multiplier is only multiplying the "base" ki rather than the added godly ki of God/Blue, it's not "20x Super Saiyan Blue" but "Super Saiyan Blue, plus 20x base" which results in an improvement of only a fraction of what 20x Blue would be.

(Which... doesn't quite work unless you go with a "super strong/god-powered base form" setup, since otherwise the base forms need to be weaker than all three standard Super Saiyan forms and thus should be waaaaay below the God/Blue forms, so far below that 20x base added on would be like powering up from 1000 to 1001 at best.)

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:40 am

I will always be happy to see anyone else besides Goku Cena performing well against the main adversary.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:59 am

Khandom101 wrote:I thought Trunks was the king of asspull but Vegeta seriously takes the cake on this one. Makes me Hate his Character even more. :evil: :evil: :evil:
It runs in the family,.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:14 am

sintzu wrote:If this is the final 3 then Vegeta somehow survives his fight with Jiren.

https://scontent-mrs1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5A44FFD0

Even if true, staying in the fight longer doesn't mean you were stronger than those who didn't. Vegeta could have been one of the first five eliminated and still be a top 5 fighter.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:16 am

Remember Goku's full power Kamehameha doing more damage to Merged Zamasu than Vegito's Final Kamehameha? I sure do.
Actually, Vegeta and Trunks also damaged Fused Zamasu a lot. It is very subtle, but their father-son Galick Gun greatly hindered Fused Zamasu's immortality. Even though it is not directly shown, all of the attacks used against Fused Zamasu throughout ep. 65-66 ultimately weakened Fused Zamasu's flawed immortality, it's the whole reason why they were able to finally beat him in his physical form.

Plus Vegito was fighting Corrupted Fused Zamasu, who was actually stronger than Halo Fused Zamasu since he had powered-up with the Light of Justice.
I thought Trunks was the king of asspull but Vegeta seriously takes the cake on this one. Makes me Hate his Character even more. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Hahaha, that was a funny joke.
How can Jiren sweating and having semi worried looks on his face be a lie...?
Maji Kayo also had a sweating and semi worried look on his face against Dyspo. How did that turn out? Was Maji Kayo truly scared or what he just messing with him?

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:18 am

Not that this is a direct response to the prompt, but has anyone considered that Vegeta will improve himself while fighting Jiren? You know, pushing himself beyond his normal limitations through continuous combat with an opponent that far outclasses him, which would in turn force him to improve in order to keep pace. Does seem likely to anyone, or is it just me?