"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:08 pm

Artorias wrote:So to be clear, you thought the Future Trunks arc was good simply because Vegeta got a lot of shine?
Of course not. I think Black is mostly what made that arc as great as it was. Some of my previous comments aren't serious so Vegeta isn't the be all end all of an arc but of course him being my favorite character helps me enjoy it more when he's on screen.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:10 pm

Miracles wrote:
Totamo wrote:Guys, dyspo isn't weak.
I'd say he is until otherwise. He couldn't even force Goku to use Blue constantly.
Id say he isnt until otherwise. He forced goku into blue to counter him.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:16 pm

- New spoilers-

Surely Vegeta fanboys weren't expecting Vegeta to win against Jiren, right?!
Anyway good to know he's still in, but Goku/Vegeta vs someone is not that interesting anymore for me. Especially when it could've been Freeza/Gohan with Goku.

I hope Freeza/Gohan being busy with Dyspo and Goku/Vegeta being busy with Jiren doesn't mean C17 is strong enough to solo Toppo...
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:18 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:- New spoilers-

Anyway good to know he's still in, but Goku/Vegeta vs someone is not that interesting anymore for me. Especially when it could've been Freeza/Gohan with Goku.

I hope Freeza/Gohan being busy with Dyspo and Goku/Vegeta being busy with Jiren doesn't mean C17 is strong enough to solo Toppo...
I doubt anyone thinks 17 is on toppos level.

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:24 pm

Why is jiren being above hakaishin level raising surprise? It was literally stated that he had reached the state of hakaishin and surpassed it. So that means that he surpasses that domain of power. No toei didn't "mislead" anyone. That idea is only around because people want beerus to be relevant and are pretending that jiren wasn't already stated to be above him.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:25 pm

Miracles wrote:
I'd say he is until otherwise. He couldn't even force Goku to use Blue constantly.
He didn't even fight Goku that long lol. He beat up Hit for half an episode a guy who is SSB level and was blitzing SSG Goku the entire time they were even having their short fight.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:37 pm

Miracles wrote:
A guy who was shitting on Hit a ssjb level fighter and was knocking back Ssjg goku back is weak
OK sure :roll:

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:53 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:- New spoilers-

Why not ? 17's full power can't be properly scaled. Toppo's full power aswell. we know both are ssb tier so why can't 17 hold his own against Toppo for a while ? are you expecting toppo to be fighting rocks during 3 episodes ?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:05 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Yet wasn't worthy to force Goku to waste any stamina on him. :lol:
Jigurashi wrote:
Miracles wrote:
He didn't even fight Goku that long lol. He beat up Hit for half an episode a guy who is SSB level and was blitzing SSG Goku the entire time they were even having their short fight.
Still couldn't damage SSG Goku nor force Goku to forget about saving stamina and fight Dyspo full power. That is disrespect right there. :o
Dyspo only stopped Hit from using Time skip. He didn't beat up Hit. As Hit states "You may beat my time skip but you won't beat me." :o
Hit even LET Dyspo Hit him, even able to avoid his vitals, just to sucker Dyspo off the edge of the ring. Dyspo needed help from Kunshi. :lol:
Until I see otherwise from Dyspo, like beating up Golden Freeza straight up, who is blue level then Dyspo is Blue level.
pacz360 wrote:
Miracles wrote:
A guy who was shitting on Hit a ssjb level fighter and was knocking back Ssjg goku back is weak
See above. :lol:

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:15 pm

Miracles wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Miracles wrote: I'd say he is until otherwise. He couldn't even force Goku to use Blue constantly.
Jigurashi wrote:
Miracles wrote: I'd say he is until otherwise. He couldn't even force Goku to use Blue constantly.
Still couldn't damage SSG Goku nor force Goku to forget about saving stamina and fight Dyspo full power. That is disrespect right there. :o
Dyspo only stopped Hit from using Time skip. He didn't beat up Hit. As Hit states "You may beat my time skip but you won't beat me." :o
Hit even LET Dyspo Hit him, even able to avoid his vitals, just to sucker Dyspo off the edge of the ring. Dyspo needed help from Kunshi. :lol:
Until I see otherwise from Dyspo, like beating up Golden Freeza straight up, who is blue level then Dyspo is Blue level.
pacz360 wrote:
Hit let Dyspo hit him after he started figuring out his gimmick. Before then he beat him up so bad, he was struggling just to stand up.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:20 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: He didn't even fight Goku that long lol. He beat up Hit for half an episode a guy who is SSB level and was blitzing SSG Goku the entire time they were even having their short fight.
pacz360 wrote: A guy who was shitting on Hit a ssjb level fighter and was knocking back Ssjg goku back is weak
Hit let Dyspo hit him after he started figuring out his gimmick. Before then he beat him up so bad, he was struggling just to stand up.
Still didn't stop Hit from LETTING Dyspo Hit him even AFTER that "beat up." Then proceeds to wallop Him. :lol:

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:51 pm

The thing is that some fans want "Goku Time" to end as soon as possible, and want Vegeta to actually have the role of protagonist.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:58 pm

sintzu wrote:
Artorias wrote:So to be clear, you thought the Future Trunks arc was good simply because Vegeta got a lot of shine?
Of course not. I think Black is mostly what made that arc as great as it was. Some of my previous comments aren't serious so Vegeta isn't the be all end all of an arc but of course him being my favorite character helps me enjoy it more when he's on screen.
Alright, that I can understand. I was just hoping you'd at least recognize that Vegeta getting attention doesn't make the arc good.
perucho1990 wrote:The thing is that some fans want "Goku Time" to end as soon as possible, and want Vegeta to actually have the role of protagonist.
Well I'm sorry, but that's just a silly, unrealistic opinion to have. The franchise has NEVER been about Vegeta, and it never will be. It's the story of Goku, and I would think that fans would've realized this by now after THREE DECADES and given up that frankly stupid dream. That's actually really immature and bizarre to me. I could never imagine any other fandom actually complaining that a side character isn't the main character, and that the main character should cease being the main character. The hell?

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:07 pm

Artorias wrote:
Well I'm sorry, but that's just a silly, unrealistic opinion to have. The franchise has NEVER been about Vegeta, and it never will be. It's the story of Goku, and I would think that fans would've realized this by now and given up that frankly stupid dream. That's actually really immature and bizarre to me. I could never imagine any other fandom actually complaining that a side character isn't the main character, and that the main character should cease being the main character. The hell?
Vegeta is also a main character, you mean that Goku is the current protagonist.

Besides, if "Goku time" is a good decision then why did DBGT flop?

We live in an era when its fun to bash the protagonist for being an overrated piece of trash :roll:

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:13 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Artorias wrote:
Well I'm sorry, but that's just a silly, unrealistic opinion to have. The franchise has NEVER been about Vegeta, and it never will be. It's the story of Goku, and I would think that fans would've realized this by now and given up that frankly stupid dream. That's actually really immature and bizarre to me. I could never imagine any other fandom actually complaining that a side character isn't the main character, and that the main character should cease being the main character. The hell?

We live in an era when its fun to bash the protagonist for being an overrated piece of trash :roll:
I'm not arguing that Goku should be the main focus all the time. This arc, for instance, has focused on him WAY too much. But your message made it sound like you straight up wanted Goku to cease being the main character, and to have the story focus more on Vegeta than him. Which, again, is silly and a completely unrealistic and futile dream that makes no sense.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:20 pm

Artorias wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
Artorias wrote:

I'm not arguing that Goku should be the main focus all the time. This arc, for instance, has focused on him WAY too much. But your message made it sound like you straight up wanted Goku to cease being the main character, and to have the story focus more on Vegeta than him. Which, again, is silly and a completely unrealistic and futile dream that makes no sense.
And why does it make no sense?

Vegeta's character development is something that Goku's stale character could only dream of.

Vegeta more suits this role (protagonist) but whatever. We all know that's not gonna happen.

But only because it's not gonna happen, it doesn't make it idea stupid because it MAKES A LOT OF SENSE.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:21 pm

Or just do like what Pokemon is currently doing and not have the show mostly centered on the MC.

They have their secondary characters have a good deserved amount of screen time, and not making the show stale and monotone. They have the guts to render Ash as a side character.

Toei should learn from that because Pokemon is also a big franchise like DBS.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:29 pm

Miracles wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
Cool, you have a different opinion from others.
Dyspo is above ssg level.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:31 pm

I think they could pull off a Vegeta centered saga. The thing is, the series clearly isn't about Vegeta so he likely won't ever be the one to finish a saga off. With that said, that doesn't mean it wouldn't make sense to have Vegeta finish one off.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:49 pm

Jigurashi wrote:I think they could pull off a Vegeta centered saga. The thing is, the series clearly isn't about Vegeta so he likely won't ever be the one to finish a saga off. With that said, that doesn't mean it wouldn't make sense to have Vegeta finish one off.
I could see it working if next years arc is centered on Universe 6, it could be Vegetas Arc, like how the Zamasus Arc was Trunks arc.