Webcomic - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

ImperialWrath
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:14 am

Re: Webcomic - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Post by ImperialWrath » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:03 am

Gokitalo wrote:Anyway... I hope this argument between the two of you is over. It's been very unpleasant to get through and has really soured the tone of this thread. It's alright to disagree on things, but not in a way that's rude and personal, which is a violation of Rule #4 of the forum. So let's try to keep things civil. And brief!

RMK says he's aiming to release the next batch of pages on August 15, which has got me pretty excited. He's been dropping little hints as well in the comments regarding the role some of the imprisoned villains might play in Yamcha's fight against Gero. Apparently King Cold might be up to something!
I'm flat out done with the guy. I gave him every chance to debate the merits of his criticisms toward the comic, and all he's done is sling insults and then turn around and accuse me of engaging in the same rude, disrespectful behavior that he claims I'm doing. Yet, he (not surprisingly) still can't produce a single shred of evidence on. Now because he can't justify his own view points on the comic, he wants to hide behind the excuse that "he can't remember things from the comic to defend a two year old post", but he LITERALLY just spent the past 2 pages on the forum doing just that. :clap: Whatever.

Did RMK say that during his recent Q&A session that he held recently? I missed it because I was literally asleep during the time he was holding the session because I'd worked an 0100-0900 shift that morning. I'm psyched about that if he does manage to get it out during that time. And I'm definitely hyped about what Heiwa's plans are in regards to "recruiting" an army of villains out of HEL for Babidi to work his magic on. That's gonna be epic with Yamcha, Goku, Olibu and Pikkon having to take on these villains, especially Cell, Frieza, and King Cold.

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:31 pm

Re: Webcomic - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Post by Gokitalo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:44 am

He's got a right not to like it, though, ImperialWrath. Let's just forget the argument you two had and talk about the comic.

RMK mentioned the potential release date and Cold's involvement in the comments under the latest page of the comic (the one where Yamcha pulls free from Gero and uses the Kaio-Ken):
http://dbzelsewhere.webcomic.ws/comics/398

Today's the 15th (at least in the time zone I'm in), so I'm hoping we get to see some rocking new pages in a couple of hours. If not, I'm more than willing to wait for RMK to release them when he feels they're ready.

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:31 pm

Re: Webcomic - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Post by Gokitalo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:32 am

Forgive the double post, but... new pages are up! Gorgeous stuff: right up there with the Goku/Yamcha fight

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4084
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Webcomic - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:48 am

Yep a good ol' fight to the death. Between this and Dragon Garow Lee, Yamcha is getting a lot of well deserved attention.
Dragonball Exiles Chapter One. Chapter Two In Production.

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4084
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Webcomic - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:06 pm

Chapter 27 : Catharsis is up
http://dbzelsewhere.webcomic.ws/comics/416
Dragonball Exiles Chapter One. Chapter Two In Production.

User avatar
TheDragonBallGuy75
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Webcomic - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Post by TheDragonBallGuy75 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:32 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Chapter 27 : Catharsis is up
http://dbzelsewhere.webcomic.ws/comics/416
And it was glorious!! :D So glad to see that poetic ending. I'd love to see RMK redo the earlier chapters at some point as well, to bring them up to a similar level of quality to his current work.
Someone asked me why I invest so much time into collecting Dragonball doujinshi.
I answered, "Because I don't see anyone else doing it".

My websites for all your Dragon Ball fan manga needs
http://www.dbfcscans.blogspot.com
https://www.facebook.com/DB-Fan-Manga-309854729705080/
https://discord.gg/qc49vtB

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 466
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:49 am

Re: Webcomic - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Post by jplaya2023 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:49 pm

just read about 70% when's the next chapter coming?

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4084
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Webcomic - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:42 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:just read about 70% when's the next chapter coming?
There's a new chapter every 3 or so months.
Dragonball Exiles Chapter One. Chapter Two In Production.

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:31 pm

Re: Webcomic - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Post by Gokitalo » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:43 am

TheDragonBallGuy75 wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:Chapter 27 : Catharsis is up
http://dbzelsewhere.webcomic.ws/comics/416
And it was glorious!! :D So glad to see that poetic ending. I'd love to see RMK redo the earlier chapters at some point as well, to bring them up to a similar level of quality to his current work.
Ah, I think I'd leave those as is. Even though RMK's a stronger artist on a technical level now, there's still a lot of skill in those earlier chapters, and his style's a little closer to Toriyama's. Plus we get to see RMK growing as a creator the way Yamcha is as a martial artist and a person, so it works on a poetic level for me.

Anyway, very strong chapter. Honestly, I think one of my favorite parts of Elsewhere is how character-driven it all is. Every fight is pretty much Yamcha working on himself to overcome his past failures and become a better [and of course stronger] person. Kyonshi, Gero, even Goku... now all Yamcha needs to do is grow himself some Saibamen :-P

User avatar
Olympian
Regular
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: Webcomic - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Post by Olympian » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:13 am

Been years since I even read the first couple chapters. Looks I got a lot of material to catch up.

I enjoyed the last two fights immensily thought :twisted: This and the RCOY seem to go after the concept of awarding some wind focus move that gives him range and potentially cut throught Ki (just extending the concept) and I`d love that to be official as it gets.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

User avatar
nickzambuto
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1508
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:53 pm

Re: Webcomic - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:51 am

I freaking loved this comic a year or so ago. They made Yamcha such a relatable and three dimensional character, it's a lot deeper and more complex than Toriyama would probably ever go, yet the tone and content are so consistent with Dragon Ball, it's rather remarkable tbh.

Last time I read, it was Yamcha's fight with Goku. How much farther along are they now? I like to let these things build up quite a bit before reading, two or three chapters isn't enough, so is it time to get back into it?

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:31 pm

Re: Webcomic - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Post by Gokitalo » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:11 am

nickzambuto wrote:I freaking loved this comic a year or so ago. They made Yamcha such a relatable and three dimensional character, it's a lot deeper and more complex than Toriyama would probably ever go, yet the tone and content are so consistent with Dragon Ball, it's rather remarkable tbh.

Last time I read, it was Yamcha's fight with Goku. How much farther along are they now? I like to let these things build up quite a bit before reading, two or three chapters isn't enough, so is it time to get back into it?
You've got a bit of catching up to then, my friend! I'll hint, rather than spoil: Yamcha goes on a special mission that becomes quite personal, while Heiwa makes a pact with a surprising yet familiar ally. Worth the read, when you get the chance!

User avatar
nickzambuto
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1508
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:53 pm

Re: Webcomic - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Post by nickzambuto » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:19 pm

Gokitalo wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:I freaking loved this comic a year or so ago. They made Yamcha such a relatable and three dimensional character, it's a lot deeper and more complex than Toriyama would probably ever go, yet the tone and content are so consistent with Dragon Ball, it's rather remarkable tbh.

Last time I read, it was Yamcha's fight with Goku. How much farther along are they now? I like to let these things build up quite a bit before reading, two or three chapters isn't enough, so is it time to get back into it?
You've got a bit of catching up to then, my friend! I'll hint, rather than spoil: Yamcha goes on a special mission that becomes quite personal, while Heiwa makes a pact with a surprising yet familiar ally. Worth the read, when you get the chance!
You know it.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 466
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:49 am

Re: Webcomic - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Post by jplaya2023 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:47 pm

this is great when is the next chapter coming

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:31 pm

Re: Webcomic - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Post by Gokitalo » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:18 am

jplaya2023 wrote:this is great when is the next chapter coming
I think RMK's often a fairly busy guy, so the short answer is: when it's ready. The wait usually isn't too long, though :D So just keep checking back

User avatar
The_Destroyer
Regular
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:19 pm

Re: Webcomic - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Post by The_Destroyer » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:55 pm

Just came here to say this shits all over Dragon Garrow Lee's Yamcha Manga. This is the love letter to Yamcha we deserve.

User avatar
TheDragonBallGuy75
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:04 pm

Re: Webcomic - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Post by TheDragonBallGuy75 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:29 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:Just came here to say this shits all over Dragon Garrow Lee's Yamcha Manga. This is the love letter to Yamcha we deserve.
I agree. DragonGarowLEE should focus on scanning or selling his Collabo Dragon or Super Vegeta Den series. Those are the series that would propel him into stardom.
Someone asked me why I invest so much time into collecting Dragonball doujinshi.
I answered, "Because I don't see anyone else doing it".

My websites for all your Dragon Ball fan manga needs
http://www.dbfcscans.blogspot.com
https://www.facebook.com/DB-Fan-Manga-309854729705080/
https://discord.gg/qc49vtB

User avatar
Olympian
Regular
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: Webcomic - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Post by Olympian » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:37 pm

TheDragonBallGuy75 wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote:Just came here to say this shits all over Dragon Garrow Lee's Yamcha Manga. This is the love letter to Yamcha we deserve.
I agree. DragonGarowLEE should focus on scanning or selling his Collabo Dragon or Super Vegeta Den series. Those are the series that would propel him into stardom.
Disagree. His Vegeta Den isn`t much to write home about in terms of narrative power whereas the Yamcha Manga took people by surprise even with the compromizing battle with the editor. The end product is something much more unique without being a basic What If.

That`s not to say this Manga isn`t a bigger love letter to the character because it pushes his character and power further in a main character level but the numbers the Yamcha Manga did with just three chapters aren`t anything to sneeze at so I say Lee was sucesseful in what he wanted to accomplish.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

User avatar
FoolsGil
I Live Here
Posts: 4084
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm

Re: Webcomic - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:36 pm

I enjoy Dragon Garrow Lee's Yamcha series as much as DBZ Elsewhere. They both go in different and enjoyable directions for the character.
Dragonball Exiles Chapter One. Chapter Two In Production.

Gokitalo
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:31 pm

Re: Webcomic - Dragonball Z Elsewhere

Post by Gokitalo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:04 am

Olympian wrote:
That`s not to say this Manga isn`t a bigger love letter to the character because it pushes his character and power further in a main character level but the numbers the Yamcha Manga did with just three chapters aren`t anything to sneeze at so I say Lee was sucesseful in what he wanted to accomplish.
I agree with that. I mean, neither take of the character is really invalid as they both use what Toriyama's established in the manga, even if the direction they take Yamcha and the conclusions they reach about him are wildly different.

For me, though, Elsewhere is the Yamcha story I've been waiting for. The one I didn't even know I wanted, honestly.

Post Reply