"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:54 pm

Artorias wrote:
Mercenary wrote:
Kishido wrote:
Of course not but they could give Vegeta something he learned in RoSaT. Instead they gave him nothing.

Ignoring not giving him SSG as well

Toei clearly dislikes Vegeta. Toyotaro givs him a much better showing.
Oh yea, they dislike him so much that they're willing to make him the second biggest character in the entire show. Second only to...the main character. C'mon dude. Vegeta gets jerked off harder than LITERALLY any other character except for the main one. There's no grounds to complain. You should be grateful that he's still even relevant at this point. He easily could've faded into the background like so many characters have, but no. They kept him around to have almost as much screen time as the main character.
There's no point in him receiving so much screentime and in the end always being treated like crap and never having a good performance.

In DBZ he was already one of the main characters, so it's obvious that in DBS he would not be discarded like other characters, but the question is not what Vegeta fans always want more, it's TOEI that gives Goku excessive prominence while Vegeta always is humiliated. In the manga, Vegeta is treated much better and no one complains (and he does not have to beat the main villains

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:55 pm

Artorias wrote:
Mercenary wrote:
Kishido wrote:
Of course not but they could give Vegeta something he learned in RoSaT. Instead they gave him nothing.

Ignoring not giving him SSG as well

Oh yea, they dislike him so much that they're willing to make him the second biggest character in the entire show. Second only to...the main character. C'mon dude. Vegeta gets jerked off harder than LITERALLY any other character except for the main one. There's no grounds to complain. You should be grateful that he's still even relevant at this point. He easily could've faded into the background like so many characters have, but no. They kept him around to have almost as much screen time as the main character.
There's no point in him receiving so much screentime and in the end always being treated like crap and never having a good performance.

In DBZ he was already one of the main characters, so it's obvious that in DBS he would not be discarded like other characters, but the question is not what Vegeta fans always want more, it's TOEI that gives Goku excessive prominence while Vegeta always is humiliated. In the manga, Vegeta is treated much better and no one complains (and he does not have to beat the main villains)

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:05 pm

perucho1990 wrote:I think this is how the ToP will be:

Episodes 123-124: Dyspo is the main focus

125-126: Toppo is the main focus(it would be stupid if he goes down in the same episode he shows his full power).

127-130: Mastered UI Goku vs Full Power Jiren, the moment Takahashi pops out again that would mean the fight will be over.
I could see this.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:12 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Artorias wrote:
Mercenary wrote:

In DBZ he was already one of the main characters, so it's obvious that in DBS he would not be discarded like other characters, but the question is not what Vegeta fans always want more, it's TOEI that gives Goku excessive prominence while Vegeta always is humiliated. In the manga, Vegeta is treated much better and no one complains (and he does not have to beat the main villains
Vegeta has more wins in Super than Goku does. Stop pretending that he doesn't have a good performances in this show, because it's just asinine. Just because he doesn't beat the final big bad doesn't mean he gets the shaft. And guess what? Goku has yet to defeat the final villain in Super as well. They both suck at finishing the job.

And there lyes the problem with the way you're viewing all of this. You shouldn't be comparing Vegeta to Goku, you should be comparing him to all of the OTHER characters. Goku is in a class of his own, as a main character typically is. But like I said, Vegeta is the SECOND MOST PROMINENT character in this entire franchise.

Imagine making $200,000 a year, which places you in the top 1% of income in your entire city, and then looking over to the ONE guy in town that makes $500,000, and complaining about it. That is the equivalent of what you're doing right now.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:28 pm

Artorias wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Artorias wrote:

Vegeta has more wins in Super than Goku does. Stop pretending that he doesn't have a good performances in this show, because it's just asinine. Just because he doesn't beat the final big bad doesn't mean he gets the shaft. And guess what? Goku has yet to defeat the final villain in Super as well. They both suck at finishing the job.

And there lyes the problem with the way you're viewing all of this. You shouldn't be comparing Vegeta to Goku, you should be comparing him to all of the OTHER characters. Goku is in a class of his own, as a main character typically is. But like I said, Vegeta is the SECOND MOST PROMINENT character in this entire franchise.

Imagine making $200,000 a year, which places you in the top 1% of income in your entire city, and then looking over to the ONE guy in town that makes $500,000, and complaining about it. That is the equivalent of what you're doing right now.
Currently, Vegeta doesn't have more wins than Goku.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:36 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
Artorias wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

Vegeta's only 2 eliminations behind Goku in this ToP, and he also beat 3 guys at the U6 tournament whereas Goku only beat 1 which would make them even.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:51 pm

Artorias wrote:
Noah wrote:Please, mate. You're acting like Vegeta fans should be like Piccolo/Krillin fans or something and be thankful when the writers throw a bone to their characters and that's just delusional. Vegeta fans always want more, him being a second fiddle is not enough, they want him to be the lead singer and their mentality is that only minor characters fans are satisfied with the little they receive.
I can't tell if you're defending that mentality or mocking it. But either way, I'm going to mock it. That is a stupid, entitled mentality that makes no sense. Like I said, Vegeta gets more screen time than any other character in this entire franchise except the main character. If you are unhappy with that, then you are spoiled and ungrateful. Simple as that. I have never seen another fanbase behave like this. No one complains that Han Solo didn't get enough shine in Star Wars. He got TONS of screentime and was the second most relevant character next to Luke Skywalker, the entire reason that the story even existed to begin with. And people were happy with that, as they should've been. It's not "throwing you a bone", it's dumping an entire truckload of bones on top of you that will last you forever.
I'm doing both actually. I'm not part of any character fan club, but it's reasonable to Vegeta fans to think that way as this series is always teasing that him is going to do something big soon, surpassing Goku and being the main character is a bit too much? Hell yes, but would you think a Krillin fan would have this kind of expectation? Hell no. That's my point.

Han Solo? Sorry, but for me Leia is the second most revelant character in the OT, I don't care that much about Han, also not really excited for his spin-off movie, I would rather something with Windu or Jabba, the Hutt.
Miracles wrote:
Noah wrote:Which is also stupid because they're throwing things with no explanation in anime. Toyotaro at least explained why Goku could use SSJ God again and the concept of Mastered SSJB.
Why would the anime need to explain Goku using SSJ god? It never was stated to ever leave.
Well, because Beerus implied he absorbed the power of the Super Saiyan God as BoG (movie) did and that was Toriyama explanation why SSJ God would never be used again, in the manga was explained that he never absorbed that power, that's why he can use it, but in the anime it came back out of nowhere.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:03 pm

Noah wrote:Well, because Beerus implied he absorbed the power of the Super Saiyan God as BoG (movie) did and that was Toriyama explanation why SSJ God would never be used again, in the manga was explained that he never absorbed that power, that's why he can use it, but in the anime it came back out of nowhere.
If that were true Goten and Piccolo shouldn't have sensed Goku's Ki when he reverted back to SSJ. Absorbing the god powers means it's Goku's to transform into at will now.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:48 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Artorias wrote:

Vegeta's only 2 eliminations behind Goku in this ToP, and he also beat 3 guys at the U6 tournament whereas Goku only beat 1 which would make them even.
Two for U6. Although Kefla was a fusion, she counts as two people. He also assisted 17 on ringing out the last fighter from U4.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

darzap
Beyond Newbie

Post by darzap » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:52 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:There's purists who think only the original 42 volumes count and mistakenly believe their headcanon is official.
Canon: Ersatz-concept for "truth" in fiction (=inherently contradictory). Original use of the term: Some arbitrarily chosen people, arbitrarily choosing and rejecting versions of stories from a mythology as "truth" for their own undisclosed reasons. Subject to be wittingly or unwittingly changed or retconned for convenience at any time.

Even if there was a canon, Toei doesn't care too much, so it doesn't help us to make predictions anyway. Much more important than canonicity is: Which recent (!) statements in the series are probably intended (!) to convey a certain point or be foreshadowing, considering the usual level of subtlety in the series (!).
An example of typical DBS-subtlety for reference: Toppo: There is some guy who is much stronger than me. Whis (before the tournament): Yo, I've heard there is a mortal who is stronger than a GoD. Actual event: Toppos friend shows up and displays strength beyond a GoD.
If some radical point seems to be expressed in a generic throw-away line, it is probably not meant to convey an important point. For example: Some Angel: Jiren is in a level of his own. Possible (but almost certainly wrong) interpretation: Jiren is stronger than angels. (important information is communicated much more clearly in DBS).

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:06 am

"Vegeta doesnt even put up a fight against Jiren"

Music to my ears haha! Looks another classic Vegeta ass kicking for running his mouth. Too bad he doesn't get eliminated. Also Goku SSB confirmed to be beyond Vegeta even without Kaioken based on that preview.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:17 am

Artorias wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Artorias wrote:

And since when do victories mean anything in this case?

In the ToP, Vegeta only defeated randons, and had no decent fight so far. While Goku received 90% of the screen time and overshadowed several characters that could have stood out.
In the tournament of Champa, Vegeta also only defeated personages that Goku would have defeated. In the real battle, he was humiliated and served as a ladder to Goku and was still surpassed by him (Kaioken).
Number of wins is one of the worst arguments used (usually by Goku fans) to say he does not have excessive prominence.

And as I said in DBZ, Vegeta was already one of the main characters and with longer screen time, that's the least expected of DBS.
But it's no use if he's only humiliated all the time.
In the manga, Vegeta manages to perform well and he does not have to defeat the main villain for this.
Kaiosama wrote:"Vegeta doesnt even put up a fight against Jiren"

Music to my ears haha! Looks another classic Vegeta ass kicking for running his mouth. Too bad he doesn't get eliminated. Also Goku SSB confirmed to be beyond Vegeta even without Kaioken based on that preview.
Another fanboy of Goku being rushed and jumping to conclusions based on a synopsis (I REALLY can not see where the synopsis confirms that SSB Goku> SSB Vegeta).

I think it would be really funny if the EP really showed the opposite and annoyed everyone that they think Vegeta will not do anything against Jiren (as they got angry after seeing the preview of EP 122)

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:34 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Artorias wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

And since when do victories mean anything in this case?

In the ToP, Vegeta only defeated randons, and had no decent fight so far. While Goku received 90% of the screen time and overshadowed several characters that could have stood out.
In the tournament of Champa, Vegeta also only defeated personages that Goku would have defeated. In the real battle, he was humiliated and served as a ladder to Goku and was still surpassed by him (Kaioken).
Number of wins is one of the worst arguments used (usually by Goku fans) to say he does not have excessive prominence.

And as I said in DBZ, Vegeta was already one of the main characters and with longer screen time, that's the least expected of DBS.
But it's no use if he's only humiliated all the time.
In the manga, Vegeta manages to perform well and he does not have to defeat the main villain for this.

Another fanboy of Goku being rushed and jumping to conclusions based on a synopsis (I REALLY can not see where the synopsis confirms that SSB Goku> SSB Vegeta).

I think it would be really funny if the EP really showed the opposite and annoyed everyone that they think Vegeta will not do anything against Jiren (as they got angry after seeing the preview of EP 122)
Thats incredibly irrelevant because Goku was the main character of Z, he was the main reasons sagas even happened and he did not get that much screen time.

Krillin got more screentime in the saiyan and namek saga and if you dare tell me, he was more important than Goku, then you don't know dragon ball.

Second of all, Because the manga gave Vegeta than he all honestly deserved, Goku didn't even get to fight Goku Black. The guy who is using his body. So yes, it does take away things.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:36 am

HeroR wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: Currently, Vegeta doesn't have more wins than Goku.
Two for U6. Although Kefla was a fusion, she counts as two people. He also assisted 17 on ringing out the last fighter from U4.
Fusion is about becoming one, so she is one unless she defuses.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:45 am

Totamo wrote:
HeroR wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: Vegeta's only 2 eliminations behind Goku in this ToP, and he also beat 3 guys at the U6 tournament whereas Goku only beat 1 which would make them even.
She did defused in the middle the Kamehameha and Cali and Kale appeared in the stands.

Also, here is the Episode 123: Weekly Shōnen Jump, with minor corrections to the Korean translation from Herms:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:43 am

Volume 36 is the best cover ever, just look at Frost, God that bastard shines With Freeza on his side, this duo should have been explored more than what we got..

The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:02 am

Artorias wrote:Stop pretending that he doesn't have a good performances in this show, because it's just asinine. Just because he doesn't beat the final big bad doesn't mean he gets the shaft.
Overall Vegeta has been written well but he's written even better in the manga which is what we'd like to see in the anime.
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

Music to my ears haha! Looks another classic Vegeta ass kicking for running his mouth. Too bad he doesn't get eliminated.
Another fanboy of Goku being rushed and jumping to conclusions based on a synopsis.

When he does something (which is what we saw in the preview so we know that'll happen at least) they'll be saying they just said he wouldn't to see what his fans would say. :lol:
TheRed259 wrote:Box #11 which had 1 episode more (13 episodes), now has 1 episode less (11 episodes).
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0753CSJGT
That's odd. I guess it could be because of it being far from release the sites don't have an official number so they're just guessing.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:09 am

I thought what Vegeta got from the manga was fine. Having him wreck Black at first without even establishing Black as a threat at all, and not having Goku fight Black once was terrible though. As for Vegeta fighting Jiren, it's not like he was ever going to accomplish anything major against him considering SSB is all Vegeta has on him.

With that said, I see the fight being framed in a way to where it looks quite competitive for awhile. I imagine the Final Flash will be Vegeta's last big move against Jiren and afterwards he gets bodied. Then Goku and Vegeta get bodied together in a 2v1.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:13 am

Jigurashi wrote:I thought what Vegeta got from the manga was fine. Having him wreck Black at first without even establishing Black as a threat at all, and not having Goku fight Black once was terrible though. As for Vegeta fighting Jiren, it's not like he was ever going to accomplish anything major against him considering SSB is all Vegeta has on him.

With that said, I see the fight being framed in a way to where it looks quite competitive for awhile. I imagine the Final Flash will be Vegeta's last big move against Jiren and afterwards he gets bodied. Then Goku and Vegeta get bodied together in a 2v1.
I think Vegeta will do well enough since you can technically say that Hit lost to Jiren without doing anything. Why counts as 'decent' is subjective. I mean, Toshi(sp) said Tien would have a cool moment.
Kanassa wrote:

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:30 am

HeroR wrote:
Totamo wrote:
HeroR wrote:
She did defused in the middle the Kamehameha and Cali and Kale appeared in the stands.

Also, here is the Episode 123: Weekly Shōnen Jump, with minor corrections to the Korean translation from Herms:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Why some here say Herms translation is wrong?