"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:30 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
It is obvious that Goku's UI will have much more promotion, after all this form is one of the highlight of this saga. But that does not stop Vegeta from getting his own transformation to match Goku.

You seem to be in a kind of competition to see which transformation is best based on the promotions and hype created for it ... is that all anger because the vegeta has gotten a new shape? And because some people liked it?
Here's how I see it, the way they described Vegeta's new form in the show was much the same as describing Goku's Ultra Instinct transformation, they described it as his Limit Breaking power and as him breaking his shell, then there is also the fact that the form is in the ED, side by side with UI Goku as the only pieces of original art in the final shot of said ED, while everyone else is just promo art and character designs and then on top of that the eyes are the same as UI.
My guess is that this is what Vegeta will have from now on instead of UI, it will be his "equivalent" and the "UI eyes" as many have called them are in fact going to be a signifier of "Limit Breaking" forms, not specifically UI.
Yes, it's strange all this highlight to Vegeta at the end of ED, being next to UI Goku.
He and Goku are really the only ones with original arts, while others are reusing the TOEI website.

Well, as ED has already given hints about Vegeta's new form on EP 123, then I believe that all focus on Goku and Vegeta on ED can mean something.

I also believe that for now Vegeta will not get UI. This will be his '' Limit Breaking Power '', something unique and exclusive. We do not know exactly what its maximum power in this form, but this will be shown.

Maybe on EP 126, Vegeta gets a power up through this transformation and not something new again.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:15 pm

TheSaiyanGod: Yeah pretty much. All this Vegeta love bugs me. (I like Vegeta and relate to his character but for me everything is Son Goku.)
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:19 am

Spoilers are up from Herms:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:21 am

Well...that's it then, I give up. So much for Super ever following through with something. This was the last straw that breaks the camels back for me. I'll finish watching the TOP of course, but I am severely disappointed.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:32 am

HeroR wrote:Spoilers are up from Herms:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Toppo suddenly gaining a new power when he's losing is perfect. Using the hero's tricks against them
Shame that it looks like Gohan may be gone

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:34 am

I feel really sick to my stomach at the moment. This feels like a gut punch, same feeling I had when we found out Buu was sleeping again. What a way to go. Amazing a good day can become a bad day in an instant.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:40 am

Technically nothing's confirmed. But these implications from the spoilers aren't gonna make Gohan fans happy at all. Not sure I'm ready for the potential outrage that could come from this week's episode >_> <_<

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:41 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Technically nothing's confirmed. But these implications from the spoilers aren't gonna make Gohan fans happy at all. Not sure I'm ready for the potential outrage that could come from this week's episode >_> <_<
They should have never made those recruitment build up episodes if they were never going to lead to anything. They did the same thing with Krillin.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:44 am

RIP in peace, Gohan. You should've went Blanco Calvo.
Feels over Reals.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:45 am

Gohan feels like the Ash Ketchum of the Dragonball universe. Give the kid a break.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:49 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Technically nothing's confirmed. But these implications from the spoilers aren't gonna make Gohan fans happy at all. Not sure I'm ready for the potential outrage that could come from this week's episode >_> <_<
If Gohan fans are going to whine and cry despite Gohan making it to the top eight and there only being a few minutes left in the tournament, they deserved no pity.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:49 am

HeroR wrote:
If Gohan fans are going to whine and cry despite Gohan making it to the top eight and there only being a few minutes left in the tournament, they deserved no pity.
Then maybe Toei shouldn't lead people on.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:52 am

We'll still get the orange spoilers for 125, right? I hope it has more than "something happens to Toppo", this is what I want to see the most.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:53 am

precita wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Well, sounds like he might get his fated new transformation or some shit while taking himself out along with Dyspo. That might be something lol.
Feels over Reals.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:55 am

After the way Krillin and Piccolo were treated I should have known better. Still I thought since it was Gohan and all he'd be treated differently, guess not.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:59 am

HeroR wrote:
Pity or not, I'm just pointing out they (potentially) are going to do so. Best I could say is "wait for the episode", but if Gohan getting eliminated comes true, then well, they'll still be pissed no matter what. <_>

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:02 am

precita wrote:
They led no one. Gohan got his fighting sense back, he's stronger than ever, has the most scene time after Goku, and got the finishing blows on two universes. But apparently, unless he's knocking out Toppo or Jiren, none of that matters, which makes you and other Gohan fans sound like spoiled brats.
Kanassa wrote:

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:03 am

HeroR wrote:
precita wrote:
They led no one. Gohan got his fighting sense back, he's stronger than ever, has the most scene time after Goku, and got the finishing blows on two universes. But apparently, unless he's knocking out Toppo or Jiren, none of that matters, which makes you and other Gohan fans sound like spoiled brats.
Gohan said he wanted to unlock a new form nobody has seen before. Odd how they can easily give both Goku and Vegeta new forms in the same arc but not Gohan.

Also odd how Gohan is in the background for 90% of the tournament while Goku/Vegeta could hog all the wins even against fodder enemies.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:09 am

precita wrote: Gohan said he wanted to unlock a new form nobody has seen before. Odd how they can easily give both Goku and Vegeta new forms in the same arc but not Gohan.
Maybe it could still happen. Maybe not. Nothing's confirmed yet.
precita wrote: Also odd how Gohan is in the background for 90% of the tournament while Goku/Vegeta could hog all the wins even against fodder enemies.
The Goku and Vegeta show, unfortunately. Off-topic, but this is why series like One Piece are so good since other characters aside from Luffy get significant attention.

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:11 am

Gohan literally can't lose... EVER :?
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick: