Does anyone actually like Cell's middle form? Does it deserve the hate?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.
User avatar
KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5227
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Does anyone actually like Cell's middle form? Does it deserve the hate?

Post by KBABZ » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:22 am

GamerSkull wrote:I prefer his first form the most myself... looked more menacing and weird at the same time (to me).

He looks more and more like he's getting human features and while that might have been the intent... he just looks awesome in his first form to me.

When he shows up in front of Piccolo and absorbs that human... well, that was his coolest moment for me.
I also liked his first form the best, as he's very crafty and cunning despite his lower mental faculties compared to the later stages. He's also a much more interesting character; in his Perfect Form it feels really flimsy as to why he's continuing to fight the heroes; revenge would have been a good angle to go for I think for all the trouble they caused him.

User avatar
Bruma rabu
Regular
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:12 pm

Re: Does anyone actually like Cell's middle form? Does it deserve the hate?

Post by Bruma rabu » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:49 am

Hyena_Yamcha wrote:Its my least favourite form because i don't like the design.

and his personality was the worst compared to his imperfect and perfect form.
I feel cell has the same personality through out but shows it's self more with perfect form.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

User avatar
GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular
Posts: 594
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:28 pm

Re: Does anyone actually like Cell's middle form? Does it deserve the hate?

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:26 am

Eh its an all right form. I didn't know it gets hate, Its definetly the weakest design, but I had fun with it.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

MasterofSix
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:07 pm

Re: Does anyone actually like Cell's middle form? Does it deserve the hate?

Post by MasterofSix » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:31 pm

Vijay wrote:Its....BUFF

Imperfect was twig or arthropod. Perfect Cell was John Cena

Middle one/Semi Perfect Cell's physical proportion was cool. Its just...darn you Toriyama!!!

Jst fkin give a nose man!!!

As much as I hate sayin this, the Jet-Black Flap called nose on Semi's face gave an altogether "Toad" impression

And the constant yelling, grunts coming outta his wide-gaped mouth when humiliated by Super Vegeta further accentuated the Toad-vibe

I get that Imperfect had like Snail-shell nose. So absorbing human-modified cyborg would grant some physical alterations hence the "toad nose" followed by an all-perfect nose after absorbin a beau like 18. Still....
That's pretty much my feelings on it too. I love the muscular design of the Semi-Perfect form and how he's become more brutish in power/personality, but the mouth/lips kind of made it...awkward-ish? Though some people in the thread pointed out it makes sense as Cell's transitioning from Imperfection to Perfect so it's meant to be garish. Over the years, I've grown to like the form especially seeing fans draw their own interpretations. I wish the form got more art from fans, but that's how things are unfortunately.

User avatar
KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5227
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Does anyone actually like Cell's middle form? Does it deserve the hate?

Post by KBABZ » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:42 pm

I also like the colour palette. Imperfect is mostly green and Perfect has the addition of Purple and Yellow, but I like how Semi-Perfect has a bit more emphasis on the black and orange colours, especially in the tail.

DragonBallKing
Regular
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:44 pm
Location: Oklahoma, USA

Re: Does anyone actually like Cell's middle form? Does it deserve the hate?

Post by DragonBallKing » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:09 am

Does it really get hate though? It's just the weird middle ground between imperfect and perfect and it looks that way.
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse


Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu

User avatar
KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5227
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Does anyone actually like Cell's middle form? Does it deserve the hate?

Post by KBABZ » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:48 am

DragonBallKing wrote:Does it really get hate though? It's just the weird middle ground between imperfect and perfect and it looks that way.
I think it gets hate because the logical progression of transformations before that point, as well as later ones, was that each stage is meant to be better than the last one (think the Frieza, Cooler and Buu lines), which Cell doesn't follow. Of the three designs I like Semi-Perfect the least, but I like the idea that it is in the uncanny valley on purpose.

King13s
Newbie
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:41 am

Re: Does anyone actually like Cell's middle form? Does it deserve the hate?

Post by King13s » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:08 pm

Semi-perfect was a rushed design and it shows. It was rushed and ugly and Toriyama's editor jumped on that thing hard.

More human, but not human enough. I almost wish it had been another sort of cocoon shell. Overly bulked, with an emphasis on defensive abilities. What we got was just Toriyama not being happy.

Yes it deserves the discourse because it was the creator being petty.

Imperfect is still great, and perfect is my favorite villain design.

Post Reply