Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Super.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Super Episode 126 (4 February 2018)

Post by sintzu » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:49 am

Kinokima wrote:I am getting sick of people stereotyping Vegeta fans.

Apparently Vegeta is only okay if he is losing to some people.
I'm as well cause for very annoying one there are 10 normal ones who like multiple characters and just want vegeta to do good but we aren't the ones people think of when talking about his fans.

Those are really annoying comments as they think vegeta was created just to lose which is factually wrong. They'll just look at his down moments and ignore everything good he's gotten which proves they have 0 critical skills.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:51 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:This is why this catering to a vocal minority of Dragon Ball watchers (Vegeta got destroyed in fan polls about favorite Dragon Ball charcaters) needs to stop. They simply need to stop giving Vegeta so much shine so Vegeta fans get re-wired to stop expecting everything. Honestly man, I don't mind fans of other characters I don't like, but in my experience Vegeta fans have by far been the worst I've personally encountered.
Well, they *are* idolizing a character who wants everything to be about him, so ...

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:53 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:It won't be long before they cry for Vegeta to have the world.

There are some good Vegeta fans out there though. Like the one in this thread being very cool and reasonable. I'm talking about sintzu
He did have his own planet before Freeza destroyed it.

Thanks a lot. :thumbup:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

thegamer23
Beyond Newbie

Post by thegamer23 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:59 am

While it was spectacular-looking, that Vegeta's final explosion lacked emotion imho :cry:

It came pretty much out of nowhere, it felt just like pure fanservice. But Vegeta fans will be happy, so..bring it on!

Finally, the tournament is coming to a close. Those final episodes should be mega.
Ah, i love that massive battle damage on Goku & Vegeta, shirtless Vegeta Blue looks stunning.

Big question: where is Frieza? He disappeared after Jiren's ki blast :lol:

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:02 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
julianix wrote:Hopefully now vegeta fans can be happy. He got a big win. The episode itself was a bit average though. I would honestly love it if they put in more effort in their fight choreography instead of spaming energy blasts.

Frieza got back up quick. I guess he had to return the favor quick.
Vegeta fans will never be happy. They are already trolling on youube videos and crying about persecution and "Goku fanboys"

Its like Vegeta fans won't be happy until Vegeta kills Goku and becomes the main character himself.

This is why Toriyama and Toei should've never listened to the whiney complaints from Vegeta fans. Vegeta fans will never stop and will always want more.

Toriyama gives them a city, and they cry they want a country. Toryiama gives them a country, then Vegeta fans cry that Vegeta should get the entire continent, that little poor old me Vegeta is always mistreated. It won't be long before they cry for Vegeta to have the world.

This is why this catering to a vocal minority of Dragon Ball watchers (Vegeta got destroyed in fan polls about favorite Dragon Ball charcaters) needs to stop. They simply need to stop giving Vegeta so much shine so Vegeta fans get re-wired to stop expecting everything. Honestly man, I don't mind fans of other characters I don't like, but in my experience Vegeta fans have by far been the worst I've personally encountered . There are some good Vegeta fans out there though. Like the one in this thread being very cool and reasonable. I'm talking about sintzu
First of all you have no clue what you are talking about. What fan polls?

Vegeta has pretty much always been the second most popular character after Goku. If you think that is getting destroyed in fan polls then we have a very different definition of destroyed.

You don’t have to like Vegeta but saying he is unpopular or Toei or Toriyama are somehow being held hostage by a vocal minority is a completely fabricated statement. Did you ever think that maybe Toei or Toriyama wanted to write Vegeta having a win and it has nothing to do with the fan base. That maybe they actually think now that his character is no longer a selfish villain he deserves to win from time to time. Or maybe some crazy lunatic frothing at the mouth Vegeta fan had a gun to their head.

Vegeta had a win against the secondary antagonist. Oh no the world is apparently going to end.
Last edited by Kinokima on Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:03 am

Disapointed.

I can't believe Toppo was wasted in this way.
They tried to play the emotional card, which is cool and all, but it doesn't work this time, they try to like put Vegeta on a pedestal with the whole i cast aside nothing, which is meaningless because it made me end up cheering on Toppo.
I mean, the guy is casting aside his own pride to protect his universe and they made him look like a complete fool for doing that, even Jiren called him shit. Seriously i can't be the only one who felt that Toppo was the one actually sacrificing himself.

Also while Vegeta's attack was cool, it felt meaningless because he survived, that's stupid imo, it kills the impact of the scene itself and it makes Toppo look even weaker when the guy could probably easily destroy both Goku and Vegeta if he wanted to.

What i dislike about this is the fact that the thing I feared ended up happening, and that's Vegeta winning with raw power. Hell it would have been better if 17 won using some sort of strategy like he was doing on the superior first half of this episode.

This ep was pretty much cool looking but really soulless.

Also where the hell is Freeza?
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:04 am

Nickolaidas wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:This is why this catering to a vocal minority of Dragon Ball watchers (Vegeta got destroyed in fan polls about favorite Dragon Ball charcaters) needs to stop. They simply need to stop giving Vegeta so much shine so Vegeta fans get re-wired to stop expecting everything. Honestly man, I don't mind fans of other characters I don't like, but in my experience Vegeta fans have by far been the worst I've personally encountered.
Well, they *are* idolizing a character who wants everything to be about him, so ...
Haha yep. Like minded selfish, self entitled people - being drawn to a very selfish Vegeta who feels entitled to everything because he "was" the prince of all sayians

I honestly find Goku fans to be the best and most easy going (easy going like Goku himself lol).

The kind hearted, badass, noble Goku who rose above it all and overcame being a low class peasant to becoming one of the strongest ever who simply always just wants to challenge himself, and is a true martial arts master, who still uses brain over brawn despite having brawn too, has attracted some of the best fans in all of Dragon Ball IMO.

There really is something to it imo hahaha..the characters attract fans who more relate to the qualities of that character. Goku still is easily the best and most noble and relatable. Hence why Goku took off in popularity and became an iconic mainstream character. Dragon Ball is essentially the story of how Goku the low class peasant rose to prominence. Goku is the ultimate underdog story and people love Goku for it.. or more better put, how Goku the low class peasant surpassed Vegeta the prince of all sayians, and to show how class means nothing

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:17 am

ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:
Haha yep. Like minded selfish, self entitled people - being drawn to a very selfish Vegeta who feels entitled to everything because he "was" the prince of all sayians

I honestly find Goku fans to be the best and most easy going (easy going like Goku himself lol).

The kind hearted, badass, noble Goku who rose above it all and overcame being a low class peasant to becoming one of the strongest ever who simply always just wants to challenge himself, and is a true martial arts master, who still uses brain over brawn despite having brawn too, has attracted some of the best fans in all of Dragon Ball IMO.

There really is something to it imo hahaha..the characters attract fans who more relate to the qualities of that character. Goku still is easily the best and most noble and relatable. Hence why Goku took off in popularity and became an iconic mainstream character. Dragon Ball is essentially the story of how Goku the low class peasant rose to prominence. Goku is the ultimate underdog story and people love Goku for it.. or more better put, how Goku the low class peasant surpassed Vegeta the prince of all sayians, and to show how class means nothing

Goku is a great character but you are nothing like him. Goku would never bash another character or that character’s fans. Goku sees the best in everyone.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:17 am

Anyone remember when Jiren said "I seek strength beyond strength?"

I'm thinking Jiren wants to SURPASS the angels.

Remember that promo material said "the work of the gods ends here."

And I'm wondering, how does Goku going deeper into UI, end the work of the gods. That can't be it, right? I'm thinking that maybe it has to do with Jiren's wish? Or maybe it has to do with Goku and Jiren teaming up for some purpose?

I really like how when ever Goku and Jiren have their 1 vs 1 battles they talk to each other and try to figure each other out.

It's a very interesting building dynamic. Goku and Jiren almost seem to have a friendly rivalry. Imagine if Jiren became to Goku what Goku is to Vegeta?

I wonder why Jiren takes such an interest in Goku. Notice that even though Jiren now respects Vegeta as a warrior, he doesnt take the same interest in Vegeta at all (which I like).

Is Jiren "recruiting" Goku for some unknown purpose that will be revealed at the end? And maybe Super ends on a cliff hanger, and next year we get the return of Super with a massive new major arc that finally goes deeper into "the work of the gods ends here?"

I don't know. It will probably be something less exciting and I will be disappointed again. I'm still disappointed in how poorly Gohan's elimination was done. So many missed opportunities.
Last edited by ZenkaiBoosts on Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:23 am

I need to ask, who wrote this episode? Because i can't see Toshio or that writer from the Ft Trunks arc being being behind this.
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
MajinMan wrote:Can Vegeta just go out already? He’s so uninteresting it hurts. I was really hoping he actually died and sacrificed himself, but no, he’s still in the ring. I genuinely do not care for his character anymore.
THIS 100%
THIS ×infinity.
Last edited by dbs fanboy on Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

dbgtFO wrote:

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:25 am

Also how did anyone ever think that Toppo was any where near Jiren's level? Lol

A lot of people are forgetting that Toppo himself warned Jiren after Goku got UI for the second time "Son Goku continues to grow stronger." That was ominous foreshadowing. Goku's new form that was teased has even been labeled "Omen Goku." Goku has to be the one to take out Jiren IMO. It will come back to bite Jiren.

Its been clearly implied that Goku has received several zenkai boosts through out the tournament.

Plus it was stated by Toppo himself that when the second time Goku got UI, Goku was much stronger then the 1st time he got it against Jiren.

Toppo even warned Jiren, "Son Goku continues to grow stronger."

So current Goku is clearly much stronger right now. Goku has now probably risen his power to SSBKK×100. Which is why hes been able to compete against Jiren, when before Goku at SSBKKx20 wasnt able to touch him previously.

Remember Goku is the only one to actually make Jiren power up to his red aura. And the 3rd time Goku gets UI, he will be even much stronger then the 2nd time that he got it (which when Goku went UI vs Kefla it scared Toppo) And especially if Goku gets the UI Omen transformation that the promo material teased then that will be a massive power up for Goku on top of everything else. I would say that current Goku wouldve probably beaten Toppo more impressively then Vegeta did.

UI Omen Goku should be able compete against full power Jiren

UI Omen Goku probably wouldve done to Toppo what Toppo did to Frieza lol. It all makes sense and is perfect power scaling. We still have no idea jist how powerful Goku's transformation will be.

If Vegeta surpassed a god, then UI Omen Goku should be far ABOVE that and approaching the lower tier of angles

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:31 am

Kinokima wrote:According to Terez on Twitter the “you are pathetic line” from Jiren is actually a bit of a mistranslation and harsher than intended. She said “that’s unbecoming of you” would have been better.

https://twitter.com/terez27/status/960073326155706369
That sounds a lot better and fits Jiren better, I hope she is right.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:33 am

dbs fanboy wrote:
ZenkaiBoosts wrote:
MajinMan wrote:Can Vegeta just go out already? He’s so uninteresting it hurts. I was really hoping he actually died and sacrificed himself, but no, he’s still in the ring. I genuinely do not care for his character anymore.
THIS 100%
THIS ×infinity.
Yeah this episode put the nail in the coffin, I can't bring myself to take this character seriously at all..
It's Vegeta so that can change quickly but as of now, this is it..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TameImpala

Post by TameImpala » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:49 am

That scene when Vegeta surrounded his fist with aura to pierce through Toppo’s hakai was awesome.

dnavenom
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dnavenom » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:51 am

Great episode, Toppo served his purpose well. He showed that Goku and Vegeta are above god level now, so when Jiren smashes them in the next episode we`ll be sure he is far above the level of a hakaishin. The Frieza part was strange but all else was pretty decent. The dialog was mediocre they need to step it up a bit. Show why they fight, show some motivation.

Wow so much Vegeta hate :) what`s up with that? I honestly don`t understand people who like Goku over Vegeta. Better character and quite some development trough the series, DBZ and DBS included. Hell even 17 is a better character than Goku at this point.

I found it very satisfying how Jiren placed Toppo on his rightful place. The guy casted aside his morality and ideals and still that wasn`t enough. Jiren understands the reasons behind Toppo`s decision but he despises the weakness behind it. Good moment there! Toppo sold his soul to the devil and still lost, no warrior can accept this. Even if Toppo won the whole tournament, Jiren still wouln`t approve the way he got there.

Vegeta kept everything and that got him trough. I still don`t like Cabba`s role so much, but at least we got some thoughts about his family this time. Jiren saw his strength and gave him praise. This only shows how much honor means for Jiren.

Not a bad episode at all!

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:51 am

I'm a HUGE Vegeta fan, and this episode was fucking GARBAGE. Anybody who says they enjoyed this episode should have their eyes gouged and ears filled with cement. The execution was piss poor on so many levels it's embarrassing to even call this charade dragonball anymore.

ZenkaiBoosts
Banned

Post by ZenkaiBoosts » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:53 am

Vegeta needs to be eliminated next episode for 126 to have any kind of meaning. Other wise Vegeta risked NOTHING and sacrificed nothing if Vegeta doesnt get eliminated in episode 127.

Elvis143BRA

Post by Elvis143BRA » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:54 am

They are really outdoing themselves with the shittiness of this arc. They gave Toppo an amazing powerup only to have him knocked out in the next episode by an asspull emotional powerup from Vegeta (who should be dead, btw, since his attack is supposed to be selfsacrifying). What the fuck is this? Do the writers even care about this show anymore? I don't care if the draft was written by Toryama, but the ToP is not cannon for me at all. They have reached levels lower than GT with this shit.

Wow, now we are going to have 4 U7 fighters vs ONE enemy. How are we supposed to feel anything about that? That this a shitty unfair way to pair opponents? Fuck I'm so glad this anime got cancelled.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:59 am

supersaiyanZero wrote:I'm a HUGE Vegeta fan, and this episode was fucking GARBAGE. Anybody who says they enjoyed this episode should have their eyes gouged and ears filled with cement. The execution was piss poor on so many levels it's embarrassing to even call this charade dragonball anymore.
While i agree with you about this episode's quality, i don't think i can do the same with the rest of it, people just like what they like and that's it. I liked #66 and it was a big polarizing episode.

dbgtFO wrote:

dnavenom
Not-So-Newbie

Post by dnavenom » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:02 am

That`s the idea, Vegeta didn`t sacrifice anything, it was Toppo that choose the wrong way to go and he had to be eliminated. Cause that`s the wrong way. There was not reason why someone who f*cked his whole life`s meaning should even be considered worthy. Sure the animation last episode was better, but the idea behind Toppo is not his strength as hakaishin, but his weakness as a mortal. You are doing wrong to the writers this time. It`s rare they do a good job and this time it was one of them.