"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:30 am

Artorias wrote:I honestly don't even think it'll feel like the end of the show. I get the vibe that it'll feel more like the end of any other arc, almost like they're pretending the show isn't ending.
Which is the right way to go because we all know it'll either be back or a new show will take its place in 2019. The merchandise is selling, the new movie will be a big hit and as far as we know Toriyama still wants to write so there's no reason to think otherwise.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:43 am

sintzu wrote:
Artorias wrote:I honestly don't even think it'll feel like the end of the show. I get the vibe that it'll feel more like the end of any other arc, almost like they're pretending the show isn't ending.
Which is the right way to go because we all know it'll either be back or a new show will take its place in 2019. The merchandise is selling, the new movie will be a big hit and as far as we know Toriyama still wants to write so there's no reason to think otherwise.
Hopefully with a better lead-in time for the animation & writing staff to plan out & produce the arcs better than Super's been getting. Don't get me wrong, Super's had some great moments, but characterizations are WAY off from what they should be in some instances (particularly Goku, who's more like MasakoX's version of the character than the manga's Goku, even in the Buu Saga, which was Goku at his worse, but then again, the Buu Saga's the saga in Z with the most problems out of the 4 of them), some of the arcs feel like they're just writing Toriyama's plot points into the show without taking the time to adapt them to make sense at times (like Vegeta getting one-shotted by Hit when he was Super Saiyan Blue, which the manga explained in a quick line from Whis, but the anime didn't for some reason), so they really need a consistent showrunner or writing team that can adapt Toriyama's plot points & ideas well, the animation's inconsistent between being ok, extremely good, or just bad, & the show overall feels incomplete in some respects.
Toyotaro has the benefit of the manga being a monthly serialization & he's the only guy adapting Toriyama's plot points to it, so he's able to plan things out really well in advance of when he'd put each chapter together. If the anime had a more competent writing staff who weren't just complacent with just writing in Toriyama's plot points, I think the show would be in a better state than it is.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:31 am

The DB branded cleaning products commercial from earlier was deleted (maybe they weren't supposed to reveal it yet?), but the official Super twitter account has now commented on the voice replacement:
https://twitter.com/DB_super2015/status ... 8683688960
今後の「ドラゴンボール」シリーズのブルマ役についてご報告です。 TV「ドラゴンボール超」では、2月18日放送予定の第128話にご生前の鶴ひろみさんに演じて頂いたブルマが登場いたします。 今後は後任として久川綾さんにブルマ役を演じて頂くこととなりました。 今後とも宜しくお願いいたします。
Regarding Bulma's voice, they say that episode 128 will use Hiromi Tsuru's performance from before she passed. Moving forward, she will be played by Aya Hisakawa.

Since there was much speculation over Hisakawa being the replacement after that commercial was released, it's not really a surprise. Though I've long thought the two of them sounded similar, I never imagined it would come down to the tragic situation of one having to replace the other... :(
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:40 am

sintzu wrote:
I figure it'll be like Furukawa predicted and the end of the series will somehow be a springboard for the movie. Toei is supposed to reveal more details about it during Anime Japan which runs from March 22-25. I won't be surprised if it's on the 25th after Super airs that morning and Super wraps up like the 23rd World Tournament arc did. Tournament ends, Dragon Balls make a happy ending for everyone, bit of some foreshadowing at the end, and the narrator declaring "The adventures of Son Goku and friends will continue" in Dragon Ball Film Whatever.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:14 am

Judging by pacing we're not even going to get an episode back on Earth. There's like 4 episodes left.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:42 am

precita wrote:Judging by pacing we're not even going to get an episode back on Earth. There's like 4 episodes left.
I think 131 will wrap everything up, and the 2nd half might be set on Earth.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:28 am

If Bulma will be played by Hiromi Tsuru in DBS ep.128 then that means there is a bulma scene in that episode, there hasn't been one for so long, wonder what's bulma gonna be shown for when the climax of the story is basically underway..

My guess, Vegeta dies and bulma somehow knows that because love leading us to having a scene with her..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:37 am

Ki Breaker wrote:If Bulma will be played by Hiromi Tsuru in DBS ep.128 then that means there is a bulma scene in that episode, there hasn't been one for so long, wonder what's bulma gonna be shown for when the climax of the story is basically underway..
She appears in the preview of the latest episode... It's going to be one of those scenes where Vegeta remembers the one(s) he loves and Bulma is one of them, she'll talk in this memory.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:21 am

Grimlock wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:If Bulma will be played by Hiromi Tsuru in DBS ep.128 then that means there is a bulma scene in that episode, there hasn't been one for so long, wonder what's bulma gonna be shown for when the climax of the story is basically underway..
She appears in the preview of the latest episode... It's going to be one of those scenes where Vegeta remembers the one(s) he loves and Bulma is one of them, she'll talk in this memory.
Yeah that could happen as well, but Vegeta dying shouldn't be out of the question..
She did react when Vegeta vs fat buu happened, and we know how that went..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:02 pm

I wonder if Frieza will be eliminated on the next episode
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:44 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:I wonder if Frieza will be eliminated on the next episode
According to spoilers:

[spoiler]He will.

...unless the spoilers are trying to mislead us.[/spoiler]

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:48 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
Yeah that could happen as well, but Vegeta dying shouldn't be out of the question..
She did react when Vegeta vs fat buu happened, and we know how that went..
Geez. Why is everyone thinking it’s a possibility that Vegeta will die? Do you realize how ridiculous that would be?
Vegeta did an attack they thought would’ve killed him, 17 just died, and now people think Vegeta could potentially die in this episode? The shock of Vegeta potentially dying happened two episodes ago. They’re not going to do that again.

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:58 pm

Xeogran wrote:
According to spoilers:

[spoiler]He will.

[spoiler]that wouldn’t be misleading. That’d be straight up lying. There are plenty of shows out there (anime’s included) that can give you a shock factor without having to lie in a spoiler.[/spoiler]

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:19 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:
Xeogran wrote:
According to spoilers:

[spoiler]He will.

[spoiler]that wouldn’t be misleading. That’d be straight up lying. There are plenty of shows out there (anime’s included) that can give you a shock factor without having to lie in a spoiler.[/spoiler]
I'm sure it's the anime staff's fault. Freeza should been ko'd by Toppo and stayed down until the end, but they decided to make Freeza get up and be knocked down again in every episode.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:30 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
TheOtherDude wrote:
Xeogran wrote:
According to spoilers:

[spoiler]He will.

I'm sure it's the anime staff's fault. Freeza should been ko'd by Toppo and stayed down until the end, but they decided to make Freeza get up and be knocked down again in every episode.
Oh gosh. I hope that’s not the case. If there’s THAT much lack of communication over there, then this organization is in much worse condition than we thought.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:34 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:That’d be straight up lying.
These are the same spoilers that said Vegeta would fight Toppo AND Jiren at the same time in 126 so take them with a lot of salt.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:51 pm

sintzu wrote:
TheOtherDude wrote:That’d be straight up lying.
These are the same spoilers that said Vegeta would fight Toppo AND Jiren at the same time in 126 so take them with a lot of salt.
That was a Weekly Shonen Jump ad. 126 didn't get an animedia/animage ad since it fell between issues. It seems like the person who wrote that one had the order of events mixed up or something, because they did both fight him, just not at the same time and he fought Jiren first. WSJ was also the one that said Frieza was going to attack a paralyzed Universe 2 which never happened at all.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:39 pm

Xeogran wrote:
According to spoilers:

[spoiler]He will.

Wait what!?? Did i miss something?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:40 pm

Why the flip is Ultra Instinct Shaggy, the 4th most searched on google after typing "Ultra Instinct"......? :shock: .... :lol:

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:45 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Why the flip is Ultra Instinct Shaggy, the 4th most searched on google after typing "Ultra Instinct"......? :shock: .... :lol:
Don't tell me you're not familiarized with Ultra Instinct memes?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.