"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by excelhedge » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:01 pm

Bullza wrote:So how long is this Infinite History story?
2 playthoughs? 45 min to 60 depending on your character lv.

But the real meat of the gameplay is unlocking all the changes in the tokipedia.
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Draconic wrote:Yes, after finishing the story mode you talk to Fuu and he unlocks the Tokipedia. After that, he gives you the option to redo the story from the beginning to unlock different paths. If you chose the rift you save time and unlock the left path, if you chose Fuu he unlocks the right path. Doing the missions from the rift/Fuu, the partner assigned to you is the current mentor you have. However, once you unlock both paths you can redo all missions from the Tokipedia and it allows you to chose your partner at the beginning of each mission. There are different things happening depending on the partner. The greyed out portraits are the big changes, while there are also small interactions with some of the others, which count to 100% the rift. However, 100%ing a rift doesn't mean the other mentors don't have any interactions. There are some hidden ones, but they don't affect the actual story.
I figured that was what it was, thanks for the confirmation. :thumbup:

Another question though - I noticed that there are actually nine new moves to get with this DLC, not 8. Four of them seem to be gotten from the new PQ's (1) Rough Ranger; 2) Power Impact; 3) Meditation; 4) Power Rush), and a 5th one is a new Dual Ultimate that seems to be a 'DUAL Remote Serious Bomb' based on it's description, so I'm assuming it's one with Fu that you only unlock after beating the story or 100%-ing his route or something. That still leaves four other skills, and they don't seem to be in the skill shop or the TP shop. Do they get added to one of those only after you beat the new story? Or is it one of the things that will only cycle in and out of the TP shop?

Also, is the collaboration thing where you get Android 21's clothes a thing yet? If so, where do you go to get those?
Most likely raids. Which means I'll never see them

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:03 pm

excelhedge wrote:Most likely raids. Which means I'll never see them
I doubt that. They've never had skills come from the raids yet, that's just been 'super special outfits/accesories' basically. And the FigherZ one is a collab thing that's supposed to come from having FighterZ data on your system, I believe.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:44 pm

So how do you get the new costumes for the mentors?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:20 pm

[spoiler]It's funny that by helping the androids kill Goku, they all come together as a family and decide to find a new purpose together[/spoiler]
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:35 pm

I just completed Tokipedia to 100%, and I can confirm it does not give you the new partner costumes either.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:46 pm

Anyone else feel that the final battle with Goku in the DLC story is overly long & annoying overall? I mean, that battle should've been over the credits of the main story of the first game 3 years ago, so I don't hate that it's here, but with Goku starting at his base form, then going SSB, then going Ultra Instinct, all while regaining copious amounts of his health, that battle had me tired by the second part of it.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:47 pm

Kanassa wrote:[spoiler]It's funny that by helping the androids kill Goku, they all come together as a family and decide to find a new purpose together[/spoiler]
I’m really having tons of fun playing Tokipedia. Fuu’s basically the Deadpool of Dragon ball mixed with the average dragon ball fanboy. It really does feel like we have some choice. Hopefully XV3 has this on a larger scale
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:48 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I just completed Tokipedia to 100%, and I can confirm it does not give you the new partner costumes either.
Okay, I checked the Japanese website and found out the costumes will indeed be in the TP medal shop at some point. No information on when, though.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:49 pm

Do any of the GT characters play a role in the new DLC story mode?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:51 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Do any of the GT characters play a role in the new DLC story mode?
Not really, except:

[spoiler]Fuu hits Goku with blutz waves in the realm inside Whis' Staff, causing him to become SSJ4 mistakenly thinking he achieved god power[/spoiler]

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:53 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Do any of the GT characters play a role in the new DLC story mode?
Aside from Pan as a partner? Yes.
[spoiler]Fu's first change is to cause Goku and Vegeta to go SS4 when they're trying to learn Blue in Whis's Staff[/spoiler]
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nia » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:05 pm

Looks like I made a slight booboo before. The missions to switch between Gohan and Videl if they're your mentor. Kinda bummed you can select one or the other, but it's nice to know that Videl didn't get shafted.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:16 pm

Scsigs wrote:Anyone else feel that...
Really dude? Could you have put that in spoiler tags? For the dlc dropped there was a post about not throwing out story DLC stuff. Thanks :p

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:41 pm

So the trick to using Jiren's ultimate is that it consumes 10 ki bars. It is possible to use it without Meditation but you have to have a max ki build plus a good QQ bang.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:50 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:So the trick to using Jiren's ultimate is that it consumes 10 ki bars. It is possible to use it without Meditation but you have to have a max ki build plus a good QQ bang.
But the damage output just using Jiren alone is rather disgusting. I've seen him clear through two health bars easily with it. I shudder to think of what a strike super CaC is gonna do with that

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:58 pm

So what's the point again of having Fu do a reset on the Extra Pack Story? With the Tokipedia robot I can already replay the missions to get the alternate routes and stuff, so I'm not sure what purpose redoing it entirely via Fu serves.

I do notice though that right now in Tokipedia, I can only replay the versions of events that I already did somewhat, just now with the option to switch around the character choices a bit. It also lacks Fu as a choice even though he's an option in a later one. So I'm guessing the Fu restart allows me access to the routes I missed out on, and opens up Fu or something?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:08 am

PQ 122 throws everything and then some at you :lol:

Power rush is so worth it tho

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:49 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:So what's the point again of having Fu do a reset on the Extra Pack Story? With the Tokipedia robot I can already replay the missions to get the alternate routes and stuff, so I'm not sure what purpose redoing it entirely via Fu serves.

I do notice though that right now in Tokipedia, I can only replay the versions of events that I already did somewhat, just now with the option to switch around the character choices a bit. It also lacks Fu as a choice even though he's an option in a later one. So I'm guessing the Fu restart allows me access to the routes I missed out on, and opens up Fu or something?
Restarting the route lets you see dialogue specific to talking to the mentor during a certain part of the story of a certain path.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:50 am

I don't know why I just had this thought...

But how awesome would it be to have our XV1 Patroller as a Partner? The moves that got carried over from the first game could remain, and they could get like dual Super Kamehameha and whatever awoken skill their race has

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:53 am

Dragon Wukong wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:So what's the point again of having Fu do a reset on the Extra Pack Story? With the Tokipedia robot I can already replay the missions to get the alternate routes and stuff, so I'm not sure what purpose redoing it entirely via Fu serves.

Restarting the route lets you see dialogue specific to talking to the mentor during a certain part of the story of a certain path.
Cell and Bardock, along with the androids, had some pretty interesting dialogue.