"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:57 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Of course, it all makes sense now. Ultra Instinct is really just Super Saiyan Balloon!
Pardon?
He's swelling...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:03 pm

Liquir wrote:DBS 129 Preview
Herms:https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/969762930269995013
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Great, Goku gets a full power attack from Jiren and what happens? He gets stronger ... this is not zenkai.
It will happen the same thing happened on EP 110, in which he was swallowed by a Genki Dama and returned with a technique that neither the Gods dominate.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:08 pm

Feels like they're botching Ultra Instinct already, wasn't this supposed to be a form that moves so fast it cannot be touched?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:11 pm

precita wrote:Feels like they're botching Ultra Instinct already, wasn't this supposed to be a form that moves so fast it cannot be touched?
Goku was having to block hits from Jiren in 110, so no.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:22 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Great, Goku gets a full power attack from Jiren and what happens? He gets stronger ... this is not zenkai.
It will happen the same thing happened on EP 110, in which he was swallowed by a Genki Dama and returned with a technique that neither the Gods dominate.
Ultra instinct has not been shown to increase his power. Case in point, 110 and when he fought kefla. 17 says it but its not shown and since this is anime, show beats tell.

That being said, this is how he got it before so it is not contradictory and does make sense with you know your body moving by yourself because you lose consciousness but your body is still moving.

Even if that doesn't make a lot sense, it still does make more than Vegeta's blue nakama form that belongs more in fairy tail than in dragon ball.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:27 pm

Jiren has not been tested or seriously hit this tournament and now he's out of breath in this fight while Goku magically replenishes his stamina and gets goku black esque on the spot zenkais.

Spare me the dumb powerlifter/marathon runner comparisons.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:28 pm

Totamo wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Ultra instinct has not been shown to increase his power. Case in point, 110 and when he fought kefla. 17 says it but its not shown and since this is anime, show beats tell.

That being said, this is how he got it before so it is not contradictory and does make sense with you know your body moving by yourself because you lose consciousness but your body is still moving.

Even if that doesn't make a lot sense, it still does make more than Vegeta's blue nakama form that belongs more in fairy tail than in dragon ball.

I'm shocked an a goku fanboy thinks goku's bs is justified but not vegeta's. Absolutely stunned yo. :yawn:

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:34 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:
Totamo wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

I'm shocked an a goku fanboy thinks goku's bs is justified but not vegeta's. Absolutely stunned yo. :yawn:
So sad, I have to add another poor soul to my list of people not to take seriously on this site because they say unintelligent things

actually, I think you were already on it.

If you find Goku's form bs, how about you explain it to me, instead of saying comments that make you look condescending tool.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:36 pm

Totamo wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:
Totamo wrote: Ultra instinct has not been shown to increase his power. Case in point, 110 and when he fought kefla. 17 says it but its not shown and since this is anime, show beats tell.

So sad, I have to add another poor soul to my list of people not to take seriously on this site because they say unintelligent things

If you find Goku's form bs, how about you explain it to me, instead of saying comments that make you look condescending tool.
I'm the condescending tool? You are the idiot who makes blanket statements about how goku is the best and yada yada everyday. Just cause some of us use our brains and aren't dumb fanboys like you means you can't discuss. Then again your favorite character has an IQ of 10 so you aren't any different .

You know how vegeta couldn't go super saiyan in 128. Yeah goku being able to go blue even for a moment or handle UI omen makes ZERO sense outside of " muh favorite character".

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:51 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:
Totamo wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:

I'm the condescending tool? You are the idiot who makes blanket statements about how goku is the best and yada yada everyday. Just cause some of us use our brains and aren't dumb fanboys like you means you can't discuss. Then again your favorite character has an IQ of 10 so you aren't any different .

You know how vegeta couldn't go super saiyan in 128. Yeah goku being able to go blue even for a moment or handle UI omen makes ZERO sense outside of " muh favorite character".
Whoa now, lets remain civilized here. If you are going resort to namecalling, I don't think we can have a conversation. I never personally insulted you. I said you said something unintelligent because you did not read where I said the part even if it doesn't make sense and you look like a condescending tool because you are trying to patronize me.

By the way, I have criticized Goku going blue randomly in the anime and praised the manga for not doing that. I have even defended Vegeta's form thematically,you are incorrect. I don't even say Goku is the best everyday but seeing as how this forum gets angry when an arc he started is focused on him doing what he does normally, breaking limits and mastering moves much faster and better than those who teach him, i can see why I would seem like a Goku fanboy which is not an insult to me by the way which is I'm just laughing.

People like you are why many don't take super's criticisms seriously. Even when its true.
Last edited by Totamo on Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:52 pm

"Jiren's fast, heavy blow is too much for even Goku in Ultra Instinct mode to dodge."

Well, there you go. This is for the fans that were saying "Goku reached the pinnacle of strength, there's no where for him to go after this." As usual, if you're strong enough, you can overcome anything. Such is the way of Dragon Ball. Jiren's gonna get some hits in. If he can do it, surely a future antagonist can as well.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:54 pm

Totamo wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:
Totamo wrote: So sad, I have to add another poor soul to my list of people not to take seriously on this site because they say unintelligent things

Whoa now, lets remain civilized here. If you are going resort to namecalling, I don't think we can have a conversation. I never personally insulted you. I said you said something unintelligent because you did not read where I said the part even if it doesn't make sense and you look like a condescending tool because you are trying to patronize me.

By the way, I have criticized Goku going blue randomly in the anime and praised the manga for not doing that. I have even defended Vegeta's form thematically,you are incorrect.

People like you are why many don't take super's criticisms seriously. Even when its true.

You said I made untintelligent claims - which would mean the same as calling me an idiot

You sound like a condescending tool - which means you are calling me a tool.

Anyways people don't take criticisms cause they are blind fanboys who deflect any criticism with:

"zee nostalgia"

" its a childrens show bro"

" if you hate it so much don't watch it"

not saying you specifically just in general
Last edited by ToshioWrites on Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:55 pm

precita wrote:Feels like they're botching Ultra Instinct already, wasn't this supposed to be a form that moves so fast it cannot be touched?
Uhm this is the unmastered form. The black haired Omen version. The silver haired Ultra Instinct state will not and cannot be touched by Jiren.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:55 pm

Totamo wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

In addition to the talk of 17 about Goku being getting stronger in the fight against Jiren, it is also said that Goku got stronger in the fight against Kefla.

But raising power again after receiving a full power attack from the Jiren and again '' breaking the shell '' is very convenient and makes no sense.

I do not know why you mentioned Vegeta's new transformation. In fact, the explanation for him to have obtained it was the same as when Goku obtained the UI.
Incidentally, did not Goku also use the '' nakama power '' against Beerus and against Jiren to awaken the UI again? What's the problem?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:57 pm

TysonWine wrote:"Jiren's fast, heavy blow is too much for even Goku in Ultra Instinct mode to dodge."

Well, there you go. This is for the fans that were saying "Goku reached the pinnacle of strength, there's no where for him to go after this." As usual, if you're strong enough, you can overcome anything. Such is the way of Dragon Ball. Jiren's gonna get some hits in. If he can do it, surely a future antagonist can as well.
Again, that is against the UNMASTERED version of UI, the MASTERED version can not and will not be hit by the likes of Jiren.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:01 am

Have we all forgotten that Whis's foot stepped in poop despite Ultra Instinct's coolness? Or how Jiren did hit Goku in UI Omen form but Goku blocked the hits thanks to said form. UI Omen being hit isn't new, I'd say UI (Silver hair) will be very, very hard for Jiren to hit. Maybe he won't get a hit in at all!
Perhaps Goku falls in and out of UI Omen (Black hair) form and that is why Jiren hits him perhaps. Ya never know.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:08 am

ToshioWrites wrote:
Totamo wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:

By the way, I have criticized Goku going blue randomly in the anime and praised the manga for not doing that. I have even defended Vegeta's form thematically,you are incorrect.

You said I made untintelligent claims - which would mean the same as calling me an idiot

Anyways people don't take criticisms cause they are blind fanboys who deflect any criticism with:

"zee nostalgia"

If I wanted to call you a tool and idiot, I would just say you are one. Why would I even need the claim or the sounding.

And if thats how you see the defenders of the show, many of which like myself have criticize it, then there is no reason for me to take you seriously as a critic. Not even Zeon does that.

You generalized me, You ignored a part of what I have said, you say things that I said that i never did and then you have the gall to act like you have better sight than many many many people who give a legit defense for some of the criticisms of this show.

Come on, are you being serious?

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:13 am

Totamo wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:
Totamo wrote: Whoa now, lets remain civilized here. If you are going resort to namecalling, I don't think we can have a conversation. I never personally insulted you. I said you said something unintelligent because you did not read where I said the part even if it doesn't make sense and you look like a condescending tool because you are trying to patronize me.

"zee nostalgia"

If I wanted to call you a tool and idiot, I would just say you are one. Why would I even need the claim or the sounding.

And if thats how you see the defenders of the show, many of which like myself have criticize it, then there is no reason for me to take you seriously as a critic. Not even Zeon does that.

You generalized me, You ignored a part of what I have said, you say things that I said that i never did and then you have the gall to act like you have better sight than many many many people who give a legit defense for some of the criticisms of this show.

" I didn't call you a idiot or a tool, I just said you make idiotic claims and sound like a tool"

trying to play it off like you would have said it directly is like when people start sentences with "no offense or I'm not racist but..."

You see how dumb that sounds? Anyways I'm not hailzeon, i don't hate the show or anything but there's plenty of stuff that makes no sense and those are a lot of the responses from people or dumb comparisons about powerlifting/marathon runners when trying to explain something like stamina crap

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:17 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Totamo wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

In addition to the talk of 17 about Goku being getting stronger in the fight against Jiren, it is also said that Goku got stronger in the fight against Kefla.

But raising power again after receiving a full power attack from the Jiren and again '' breaking the shell '' is very convenient and makes no sense.

I do not know why you mentioned Vegeta's new transformation. In fact, the explanation for him to have obtained it was the same as when Goku obtained the UI.
Incidentally, did not Goku also use the '' nakama power '' against Beerus and against Jiren to awaken the UI again? What's the problem?
But in that same episode, she said his attacks had no effect and it was shown that it didn't. He didn't even hurt her.

You and I both know its not going to be a full power attack, they say it is but then they later say he was holding back. they have been doing that to everyone since 100.

Like i also said, I don't think ultra instinct raises power, its not super saiyan.

However these are just spoilers and the episode could be much different than we are readinng, which is why kneejerk reactions have lead to some of the dumbest comments in this forum.

You could be right and its nonsensical and I will apologize but hey lets wait and see.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:20 am

ToshioWrites wrote:
Totamo wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:

"zee nostalgia"

" I didn't call you a idiot or a tool, I just said you make idiotic claims and sound like a tool"

trying to play it off like you would have said it directly is like when people start sentences with "no offense or I'm not racist but..."

You see how dumb that sounds? Anyways I'm not hailzeon, i don't hate the show or anything but there's plenty of stuff that makes no sense and those are a lot of the responses from people or dumb comparisons about powerlifting/marathon runners when trying to explain something like stamina crap
You do know geniuses can say idiotic things and humble people can sound like tools, right?