Error that's been bugging me.

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Error that's been bugging me.

Post by Dayspring » Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:04 pm

So... if Piccolo blew up Goku's ship... how could Goku use that ship (after being modified by Dr. Briefs) to travel to Planet Namek?! Simple. He didn't... he used Raditz's ship. Furthermore, the episode's events are complete filler; they never happened in the manga. Therefore, Piccolo never blew up Goku's spaceship. Even if he did blow up Goku's spaceship, that doesn't change the fact that Goku didn't travel in his own ship. In the manga (check it out; chapter 243 / DBZ: 49), after Vegeta has left Earth and everyone is traveling in the air ship, Goku mentions that there is a ship capable of traveling the distance and speed necessary to get to Namek... Raditz's. It was kinda torn apart by Gohan, but it wasn't completely destroyed.
Goku: "I thought of 2 other Saiyan ships! The one my brother used and the one that brought me here when I was little!"

Kamesenin: "Of Course!"

Goku: "Bulma's father went to go get them. My brother's was destroyed but mine was in good enough shape! He fixed it up a bit and enhanced it, too!"

That was an extract from the manga. Since you agree that Goku's getting blown up in the anime was filler, why try to disprove the manga with it?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:13 pm

... huh?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:22 pm

woops! The big quotation that says Goku used Radditz's pod to get to Namek is from your rumor guide. The quotations I put was from the manga which states the opposite.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:43 pm

Blasphemy Dayspring! :-P :-P :-P
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:27 pm

Quotations from the manga are blasphemy? Then what the hell does "canon" mean?!

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Sat Jun 12, 2004 12:18 am

Whoops, I misread. Sory, I thought you said the quotes you put were from the rumor guide. I mixed the two up. Gomen!

Blasphemy on me.
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:48 pm

Wasnt Piccolo blowing up Goku's old ship only in the anime? Woah, Ocean Group trying to cover up filler?