Dragonball Z Realworks

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Dragonball Z Realworks

Post by Snail » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:52 pm

Hey guys! My girlfriend just bought me a Super Saiyan Goku figure as a small, early christmas gift. Here's how it looks like:

*edit*

Alrightey, so I searched around, and I've discovered that there are three sets of these Realworks figures.

Part 1

http://i17.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/a4/9b/4b8a_1_sbl.JPG

Part 2

http://i6.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/b6/cd/30a2_1_sbl.JPG

Part 3

http://www.toy-wave.com/images/big/Drag ... lWorks.jpg

Judging from the one I already have now, I think that these figures are really great. I was wondering if these go out of print after a few months, because from what I know the GT set was released last year? Also, are there anymore Realworks sets that I'm not aware of? Also, any recommendations of certain types of figures would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advanced for the feedback!

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:25 am

I was wondering if these go out of print after a few months, because from what I know the GT set was released last year?
I' am not sure... but I think those might be what Bandai is brining over to America in 2008. I' am not 100% sure though... :?

Snail

Post by Snail » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:06 am

Really? If so, that'd work out just fine incase I can't find all of them. If you don't own any of these, I'd recommend them. They're about 3 inches tall, and there's a platform that keeps the figure standing upright as well. They sell for about 5 - 7 dollars depending on where you purchase these.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:31 am

Yes. Those figures are going to be released here in Feburary...

http://www.toywiz.com/drzbaacfibco1.html

Note - Toywiz is a horrible place to buy anything.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:55 am

I have the Vegeta and Vegetto from the first set. They are amazing, especially for the $3.00 price tag. I love anime cons :)

Snail

Post by Snail » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:38 am

Thanks for the info Tanooki!

Will they be available in the original boxes?

yikhaichan

Post by yikhaichan » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:15 am

From what I can remember, the DBGT Real Works set came out first in January earlier this year (so about a year ago, more or less). Then followed the Buu series and latest being the Cell series. No word on any more though.

One thing to note is that if you like your Weekly Jump titles apart from DB, Bandai have done sets of figures in the similar style to DBZ Real Works for both Bleach and One Piece called The Styling. They are in a similar scale, one set for Bleach so far and multiple for One Piece.

As for recommendations, if you like your small trading figures then you might like Banpresto's prize figure sets called Action Pose Figure. Iconic DBZ/DBGT characters in mid-action-pose. I would recommend the Ultimate Spark series but they're kinda small, compared to the Real Works figures you have.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:29 pm

Man, would I love to have that SSJ4 Goku figure! :P
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Snail

Post by Snail » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:55 pm

I just bought some more two days ago :D All I'm missing right now is Gohan, Vegetto, Trunks, and Piccolo from the Z sets, and the entire GT set. I love how these figures are affordable, and nicely articulated. I hope that they plan to release a new set in the near future. Again, I highly recommend them!

yikhaichan

Post by yikhaichan » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:33 pm

The Real Works are articulated?

They are very accurate sculpts, Bandai do a good job with their trading figures. I've recently been getting the Hybrid Action series, the articulation does hurt the sculpt a bit but specific poses are managable, close to getting the full set (minus the GT series).

Snail

Post by Snail » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:47 pm

Really nicely sculpted is what I mean :oops: