Live Action Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:17 pm

Kendamu wrote:The o_O look she has on her face like she just took a deuce in her costume kind of nullified the attractiveness of the whole panties/bunny suit thing.
Oh I read that as more of a "tentacle monsters are coming at me with their intruding long green penis like appendages" look...but that may be just me. >_>
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

JAPPO
I Live Here

Post by JAPPO » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:40 pm

Anyone who thinks a cartoon character is hot has problems.

Guess I have problems.
If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:51 pm

JAPPO wrote:Anyone who thinks a cartoon character is hot has problems.

Guess I have problems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFvelQFWLVU

Learn from Genshiken.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:27 am

Chuquita wrote:I give you, Bulma in a Kame gi.

That image is broken T_T

EDIT: Never mind. Works now.
Last edited by The S on Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

ericscarface

Post by ericscarface » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:37 pm

Can someone tell me about this teto character??

daveeb

Post by daveeb » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:42 pm

ericscarface wrote:Can someone tell me about this teto character??
Goku's nerdy friend from school. His best friend at school. Not a fighter. Small role in the movie. Role will be bigger in next 2 movies. The actor has a perfect British accent.

MisterFlashdude
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisterFlashdude » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:01 pm

daveeb wrote:
ericscarface wrote:Can someone tell me about this teto character??
Goku's nerdy friend from school. His best friend at school. Not a fighter. Small role in the movie. Role will be bigger in next 2 movies. The actor has a perfect British accent.
English accent.

And though it's unlikely, it doesn't say he isn't a fighter...

daveeb

Post by daveeb » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:58 am

MisterFlashdude wrote:English accent.

And though it's unlikely, it doesn't say he isn't a fighter...
England is in Great Britain. Hence, an English accent is a British accent. An Scottish accent is a British accent. A Welsh accent is a British accent.

So technically, I was right. But, thanks for the correction, or further explanation.

I wouldn't worry about the OC introduced at school as being a fighter. It is extremely unlikely.

MisterFlashdude
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisterFlashdude » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:35 am

daveeb wrote:So technically, I was right. But, thanks for the correction, or further explanation.
Technically, yes, if the English accent they were referring to was Queen's English.

"English accent" is quite vague, it could refer to any of many regions.

I just took at is as meaning "This Spanish-speaking Mexican actor speaks English very well".

Just to avoid being too specific, it's easier to say English instead of British, hence why they said "English" and not "British" in the article.

Fushar
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Fushar » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:10 am

Artificial Human #887 wrote:
JAPPO wrote:20th Century Fox sometimes can surprise you with a great movie (Star Wars, X-Men). Some people don't like the X-men movies, but I loved all three. Yes, even the third. If Dragon Ball turns out like the X-Men trilogy, I will be more than happy (obviously not the same story but you get the idea).

Let's not forget about independent films they have released that were good too... Juno, Little Miss Sunshine... okay, that's off-topic but still. Just because FOX plants their huge logo over the movie, doesn't mean it will suck.

(Oh, and I watch a few shows on their TV station too. Prison Break, 24, etc. they are kind of like movies).
the third x-men movie was an abortion to all things x-men. As on the fence as I may be with this movie, I believe the DB movie will still be far superior to that disaster area.

Please Fox, don't destroy my two favorite comic/manga entities in your movies.
I liked X-Men 3. I thought it was the best of them all. Tho I have to admit I'm not a fan of the comic.

Fushar
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Fushar » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:14 am

Kendamu wrote:
Li'l Lemmy wrote:What we seem to have here is DragonBall for a broader audience.
Yeah, and the dub of Dragonball Z with Fulconer's music is "Dragonball for a broader audience" as well. Look how that turned out compared to the original.
Faulconers music was WAY BETTER than the old 80s japanese music the original db and dbz series used. The only music that was nice from the original was the one when Goku is receiving the energy from all the people of earth in the last episodes. You can find the song in ares with the following name: " 10 [theatrical dbz suites] extreme battle!! the 3 super saiya-jin " it starts at minute 8 or so.

Thats the only song that is good from the original japanese audio. The rest suck. Faulconer´s music was better.

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:03 am

There are going to be TWO MORE movies ??!!! Ai Caramba

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:57 am

I think that's just their plan for if the first one does good enough. If it bombs, there's no way they're gonna do more.

As for Fushar - You do realize you're on the DaizEx forums and bashing the original Japanese music? You might wanna put on your flame retardent jacket. :roll:
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:23 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:As for Fushar - You do realize you're on the DaizEx forums and bashing the original Japanese music? You might wanna put on your flame retardent jacket. :roll:
As much as I love Kikuchi's score, I'm more bothered by the fact that he's telling people how and where to pirate it.
-Rachel

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:36 pm

Oh lord, I didn't even notice that. :?

Fushar, no, bad dog! No pirating! :evil:
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Chaos Saiyajin
Advanced Regular

Post by Chaos Saiyajin » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:45 pm

Son Wukong wrote:There are going to be TWO MORE movies ??!!! Ai Caramba
That's Fox for you, already planning on milking it for all it's worth. :lol:

I just hope it isn't one of those movies that draw in a massive audience that loves the actual movie and knows nothing of the rest of the series, as what has happened with the Transformers movie and what the Robotech movies will probably do.
I really, really need to get back into the habit of posting.

Sun_Wukong
I Live Here

Post by Sun_Wukong » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:48 pm

Chuquita wrote:I give you, Bulma in a Kame gi.

Where is that image from?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:06 pm

I suspect that this 'training' for the Bulma character is the simple self defense training. If those ninja/whatever goons for Piccolo are going to be causing a ruckus I can see Bulma kicking on of 'em in the sweet spot... :shock:
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Chaos Saiyajin wrote: That's Fox for you, already planning on milking it for all it's worth. :lol:

I just hope it isn't one of those movies that draw in a massive audience that loves the actual movie and knows nothing of the rest of the series, as what has happened with the Transformers movie and what the Robotech movies will probably do.
Well, there's nothing overtly wrong with seeing the movie Transformers and liking it even though you know nothing of the series, just as long as you don't claim the movie as the only official canon. I know nothing of Transformers older stuff, so I don't claim to. I just love the movie.

Now wait a sec, there's a Robotech movie in development to? Holy crap, Hollywood seems to have randomly discovered anime all of a sudden, cuz that's like the 7th movie in development or being filmed at the moment. ^_^
Twitter

Fushar
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Fushar » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:57 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I think that's just their plan for if the first one does good enough. If it bombs, there's no way they're gonna do more.

As for Fushar - You do realize you're on the DaizEx forums and bashing the original Japanese music? You might wanna put on your flame retardent jacket. :roll:
ç

Ops sorry. :(

Apologizes to everyone. :D