Dragonball Z: The Abridge Movie: Dead Zone

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jermyn

Dragonball Z: The Abridge Movie: Dead Zone

Post by Jermyn » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:36 pm

Have any of you here herd of the Abiride anime series on Youtube like Yugioh Abridged, Yu Yu Hakusho Abridge, and Naruto Abridged. Well the makers of series have just done DBZ movie 1 and I would like to share it with all of you here.

Part One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXChDGNj2hg
Part Two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl55gz-MKMo
Part Three: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNlRCUiCz0k
Last edited by Jermyn on Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:39 pm

Haha wow it's out? Cool. Pretty funny so far. "It burrrrrrnnnss", " ugghhh, oh no, I've soiled myself.".

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:57 pm

Damn it, Part 2 is already down!
Those YouTube bastards work fast! Either way, it was pretty funny. Thanks for the link!

Jermyn

Post by Jermyn » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:09 am

Part 2 been fixed.

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:00 am

Jermyn wrote:Part 2 been fixed.
Pure awesome! Thanks for the update!

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:22 am

Yeah, I seen it, it's pretty funny, but I didn't think of placing it here for everyone to view...
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

the original ero-sennin
Beyond Newbie

Post by the original ero-sennin » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:44 pm

So do these guys do any other "abridged" DragonBall things? I found that to be the most entertaining fan-dubbing of an anime since Yugioh The Abridged Series. Anyway, thanks for the post, that was awesome.

Tatsunoboshi Horoko
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tatsunoboshi Horoko » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:54 pm

Unless you count the Abridged Christmas Special...(Santa Douche :lol:)

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:24 pm

the original ero-sennin wrote:So do these guys do any other "abridged" DragonBall things?
This is done buy the two guys who did Naruto Abridged and the guy who did Yu Yu Hakusho Abridged. They're apparently planning on doing all the DBZ movies.

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:01 pm

gohanku wrote:Yeah, I seen it, it's pretty funny, but I didn't think of placing it here for everyone to view...
Same here. I kept thinking about it, but DaizEX didn't really seem to be the place to put up abridged series. Glad someone else remembered to bring it up, though.

I was actually pretty surprised at how much stuff the guys (and apparently one girl) were able to um... bring up. The handful of DBZ abridged stuff I've seen don't really take the time to slyly mention stuff like how useless certain characters end up being as the series continues.

As for the abridged movie itself, i liked it. Some stuff was a bit juvenile, but that's to be expected from a movie with a drunken Gohan pissing on poor Kuririn. There were also quite the bit of one-liners I really liked, like when the Dead Zone was opening up and Goku was actually beginning to show some concern only to have Piccolo respond "Shut up and fight!". If you think about it, it would be a pretty reasonable thing for him to say, since he's been waiting to fight Goku since the tournament.

Lines bringing up how the movies don't really fit into the canon, but somehow fit into a specific time in the series was a nice addition, too (ie: When Piccolo was about to bring out his Makkankosappo (sp?) only to remember that he hadn't made it yet).

From what the people behind it keep mentioning, it looks like they'll be working on abridging these movies at their own pace, so this is probably gonna be the latest DBZ related thing they'll be doing in a while.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Death-T
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Death-T » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:47 pm

Meh, it was pretty funny. But the only parody under "the abridged" title that I've really enjoyed is "Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series". The others just seem like rip offs and aren't really that funny, rather it seems like they're trying to hard just to be funny but fail in the process.
[color=blue]"Inherited Will.The Destiny of the Age and the Dreams of it's People.These will not be stopped.As long as People continue to pursue the Meaning of Freedom,They will never cease to be !"

~ 0ne Piece ~

"H-heh heh heh ... What is 'evil'? If I'm loyal to what you say is right,is that all it takes to make me 'good' ?"

~ Bakura ~ Yu-Gi-Oh ! Duel Monsters ~ [/color]