Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:27 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:New poster

Wow! Mindblown! Where?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:56 am

You mean the source?

DBS' Official twitter account

https://twitter.com/DB_super2015/status ... 9892649984

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:58 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:You mean the source?

DBS' Official twitter account

https://twitter.com/DB_super2015/status ... 9892649984
Thanks.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:42 pm

PFM18 wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:And on the SSB KK / SSBE, we also discussed it and I do not believe in the view of Toriyama SSB = SSB KK / SSBE. Even if they have not created both, if they are inserted in any context through TOEI / Toyotaro, they will be treated as more powerful transformations than SSB. I believe they would be level Broly SSJ
As far as Toriyama is concerned they were using their full-power, and so naturally that would be equivalent to their full power in the anime of SSBKK/SSBE.
but in EP 123 only Goku SSB was able to face Jiren using a power that according to Vermoud, it had been a long time since he had seen it
and then he fought evenly with him for literally 15-30 seconds before getting his ass kicked.

And again, I was asking for statements, since somebody made a claim that there were statements supporting it.
No, in the movie SSB is not the equivalent of SSB KK / SSBE simply because in Toriyama's view these two forms do not exist. In his draft for ToP, there would be only the SSB, which as we have seen, was beaten by Jiren and would assume the UI would arise.

Manga and anime just adapted it, creating forms like SSB KK and SSBE that gave more work to Jiren, but that does not matter because it did not change the story. As I said, in any context inserted (mostly mixing anime / manga and film), SSB KK / SSBE are treated as transformations more powerful than Blue, so such comparisons make sense.

And there were statements. If it was said that Jiren was using more power than ever, and Goku SSB was facing this much better Jiren than before, so he got stronger.

Goku was only defeated when Jiren used that punch with his true power. He and Vegeta SSBE also able to face this jiren much better than before
Tai Lung wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Kefla base defeated an extremely tired Goku SSG, and only Goku SSB (equally tired) was able to match the Kefla SSJ Berserker. She is not even close

And Broly did not defeat Goku SSG in base form, we know he was using another form, with yellow eyes with pupils and with larger muscles
fatigue atrophies the transformation but not enough so that the difference is abysmal.
but at least goku uses the Blueken and the UI against kefla but he will not use with broly

worse yet .. if you can not use it in base

The fact that SSB Goku extremely tired was able to rival SSJ Kefla and just used the Blue Kaioken to end the fight before he ran out of energy shows that yes, the difference was quite considerable.

The power up of SSJ Berserker made Kale able to face Goku SSG, and even so after transforming into SSB (tired), Goku was able to rival Kefla transformed (though Kefla base was defeating the SSG), showing that the power up of Blue is much higher.t
where he says that the difference is so great goku can maintain a fight and also the transformation despite the fatigue but still can double the blueken is still a great power
besides that I use the "UI omen" against kelfa
No, Goku only managed to use the Kaioken for a few seconds, and only to use his final blow on Kefla. It was said that that attack (with Kamehameha) would be the last, and after that he would run out of energy. This is how Kefla managed to defeat him.

Goku just activated the UI against her because he was already out of power and was pushed to the limit, that does not mean she's stronger than Broly.

Jmass97
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Jmass97 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:52 pm

Rakurai wrote:Ehh, the yellow shoulder guards don't really match the "new" Gogeta. Always preferred the orange scheme anyhow.

Toriyama couldn't have left that alone either, could he? He retcons shit all the time but when it comes to fusion clothes oh no sir we gotta be consistent about that!
Gogeta in blue with the orange shoulder guards definitely would not have been that visually...pleasant. But that’s just my opinion

BrolySSJL
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BrolySSJL » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:55 pm

The new poster looks like a bad fan art...

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:56 pm

Ripper 30 wrote:Do you mind telling me where you follow the Japanese fans reactions?
Mainly Twitter and 5chan. Yahoo and a few blogs sometimes.

Jmass97
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Jmass97 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:56 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:Why would that have something wrong?, we are talking about the "UI" the skill of the gods with which it surpasses jiren and beerus.
fusion potara, not fusion dance
but goku I use the blueken and the "UI" to face kefla but not against broly so ...
yes, I ignore it because it does not seem to be very relevant since it never clarifies how much its power increases .. it can be minimal
And what exactly does this prove? Gogeta is stronger than Kefla by miles, saying just because he didn't use a form that Broly is weaker or as strong as a second release Omen is ridiculous.
Exactly :crazy:

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:26 pm

CTAkuma wrote: And what exactly does this prove? Gogeta is stronger than Kefla by miles, saying just because he didn't use a form that Broly is weaker or as strong as a second release Omen is ridiculous.
ridiculous, is what you're telling me do you think goku ssb is currently stronger than goku SSB + KKx20 (TOP)? because for me no sorry but not
MUI >>>> UI omen >>>>> SSB + KKx20
you are underestimating what increases the "UI" also I give more importance to the facts than to the mentions and that you have defeated a goku SSB does not tell me anything.
TheSaiyanGod wrote: No, Goku only managed to use the Kaioken for a few seconds, and only to use his final blow on Kefla. It was said that that attack (with Kamehameha) would be the last, and after that he would run out of energy. This is how Kefla managed to defeat him.

Goku just activated the UI against her because he was already out of power and was pushed to the limit, that does not mean she's stronger than Broly.
but it's still SSB KK (TOP) >> SSB current
I did not say that, I think broly is stronger than kefla but it does not seem to be a big difference
Miracles wrote: In movie 10 Broly had a reason to fight Goku. When he heard Goten crying it reminded him of baby Kakarot and his defeat to him in movie 8. Broly didn't save Paragus, it was shown that Paragus by chance was already holding baby Broly's hand and unconsciously protected his father. However, legendary Broly killed Paragus for betrayal and was shown to harm Paragus in times past as a kid, due to his power. Otherwise, he wouldn't need to be controlled. I'm also not making up any analogies. It was stated by Paragus that the reason why Kakarot triggered Broly's "saiyan instincts" and could become uncontrollable is because of their fate being born on the sameday one after another. Then we see the flashback explaining how Kid Goku made kid Broly cry despite having a weaker battle power. This was a foreshadow of what would come later when Goku and Broly battled each other. Right before the final blow, the camera flashbacks to baby Goku making Broly cry, signaling his future defeat, at the hands of Goku again.
because goku and not vegeta? (his family did more damage) or gohan that was stronger.
as he unconsciously a baby saves someone but could not defend himself from the stabbing? .
even knowing that it is true, all this for the crying of a baby .. keeps sounding ridiculous only shows that they could not explain anything of what they wanted to express

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:40 pm

Tai Lung wrote: ridiculous, is what you're telling me do you think goku ssb is currently stronger than goku SSB + KKx20 (TOP)? because for me no sorry but not
you are underestimating what increases the "UI" also I give more importance to the facts than to the mentions and that you have defeated a goku SSB does not tell me anything.
Ridiculous as in implying that UI omen second release from the ToP is somehow relevant even though Goku and Vegeta got progressively stronger and a fusion of them both post ToP would surpass SSBKK/E in base which is a fact coming from Vados who said that Fusion= MAX power A+B times tens i.e 20x-90x

The downplay is real here

Jmass97
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Jmass97 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:45 pm

Tai Lung wrote:
CTAkuma wrote: And what exactly does this prove? Gogeta is stronger than Kefla by miles, saying just because he didn't use a form that Broly is weaker or as strong as a second release Omen is ridiculous.
ridiculous, is what you're telling me do you think goku ssb is currently stronger than goku SSB + KKx20 (TOP)? because for me no sorry but not
TheSaiyanGod wrote: No, Goku only managed to use the Kaioken for a few seconds, and only to use his final blow on Kefla. It was said that that attack (with Kamehameha) would be the last, and after that he would run out of energy. This is how Kefla managed to defeat him.

I did not say that, I think broly is stronger than kefla but it does not seem to be a big difference
Miracles wrote: In movie 10 Broly had a reason to fight Goku. When he heard Goten crying it reminded him of baby Kakarot and his defeat to him in movie 8. Broly didn't save Paragus, it was shown that Paragus by chance was already holding baby Broly's hand and unconsciously protected his father. However, legendary Broly killed Paragus for betrayal and was shown to harm Paragus in times past as a kid, due to his power. Otherwise, he wouldn't need to be controlled. I'm also not making up any analogies. It was stated by Paragus that the reason why Kakarot triggered Broly's "saiyan instincts" and could become uncontrollable is because of their fate being born on the sameday one after another. Then we see the flashback explaining how Kid Goku made kid Broly cry despite having a weaker battle power. This was a foreshadow of what would come later when Goku and Broly battled each other. Right before the final blow, the camera flashbacks to baby Goku making Broly cry, signaling his future defeat, at the hands of Goku again.
because goku and not vegeta? (his family did more damage) or gohan that was stronger.
as he unconsciously a baby saves someone but could not defend himself from the stabbing? .
even knowing that it is true, all this for the crying of a baby .. keeps sounding ridiculous only shows that they could not explain anything of what they wanted to express
You do realize that even if a current blue Goku isn’t stronger than blue Kaio-Ken from the tournament that doesn’t mean that Broly isn’t as well by default right? We know that even if Goku were to use Kaio-Ken in the film he’d only get 20x stronger so if Broly in his Ikari form is already close to blue in strength and he goes ssj that’s at least a 50x multiplier and we actually know it’s more since he rivals a Goku and Vegeta who fuse (a x b) THEN they turn ssj on top of that. So ssj Broly alone is far more powerful than what you’re perceiving him to be. He then goes full power and Gogeta needs to go blue in order to have an advantage over Broly. The jump from ssj to blue is huge and they both definitely surpassed phase 2 ui from the tournament and by a huge margin...it’s not a hard concept to grasp honestly

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:56 pm

BrolySSJL wrote:The new poster looks like a bad fan art...
I don't like it either. The nose is awful and the smile is far too abruptly curved.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:04 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
Tai Lung wrote: ridiculous, is what you're telling me do you think goku ssb is currently stronger than goku SSB + KKx20 (TOP)? because for me no sorry but not
Ridiculous as in implying that UI omen second release from the ToP is somehow relevant even though Goku and Vegeta got progressively stronger and a fusion of them both post ToP would surpass SSBKK/E in base which is a fact coming from Vados who said that Fusion= MAX power A+B times tens i.e 20x-90x

you do not know how much stronger they have been made ... so it's not relevant
the mention of fords does not apply to the dance fusion
MUI >>>> UI omen >>>>> SSB + KKx20 (TOP) >>>> SSB Current> SSB (TOP)

MUI >>> UI omen> Broly> = kefla

Jmass97 wrote: You do realize that even if a current blue Goku isn’t stronger than blue Kaio-Ken from the tournament that doesn’t mean that Broly isn’t as well by default right? We know that even if Goku were to use Kaio-Ken in the film he’d only get 20x stronger so if Broly in his Ikari form is already close to blue in strength and he goes ssj that’s at least a 50x multiplier and we actually know it’s more since he rivals a Goku and Vegeta who fuse (a x b) THEN they turn ssj on top of that. So ssj Broly alone is far more powerful than what you’re perceiving him to be. He then goes full power and Gogeta needs to go blue in order to have an advantage over Broly. The jump from ssj to blue is huge and they both definitely surpassed phase 2 ui from the tournament and by a huge margin...it’s not a hard concept to grasp honestly
according to spoiler gogeta only plays with broly
I can change my mind after watching the movie but for now it's what I think

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:05 pm

how can someone be so wrong
Feels over Reals.

Jmass97
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Jmass97 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:10 pm

Tai Lung wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:

you do not know how much stronger they have been made ... so it's not relevant

Jmass97 wrote: You do realize that even if a current blue Goku isn’t stronger than blue Kaio-Ken from the tournament that doesn’t mean that Broly isn’t as well by default right? We know that even if Goku were to use Kaio-Ken in the film he’d only get 20x stronger so if Broly in his Ikari form is already close to blue in strength and he goes ssj that’s at least a 50x multiplier and we actually know it’s more since he rivals a Goku and Vegeta who fuse (a x b) THEN they turn ssj on top of that. So ssj Broly alone is far more powerful than what you’re perceiving him to be. He then goes full power and Gogeta needs to go blue in order to have an advantage over Broly. The jump from ssj to blue is huge and they both definitely surpassed phase 2 ui from the tournament and by a huge margin...it’s not a hard concept to grasp honestly
according to spoiler gogeta only plays with broly
I can change my mind after watching the movie but for now it's what I think
It’s shown that he needed blue to toy with him otherwise he probably would have just went god. But fair enough lol let’s just wait and see what the movie shows us.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:16 pm

Tai Lung wrote:you do not know how much stronger they have been made ... so it's not relevant

Are you inept at reading? TENS of Times implying atleast 20x Goku and Vegeta's max power combined just in base, meaning they have way far surpassed SSBKK from back in the ToP in just base Gogeta and Omen easily in Super Saiyan . She just mentioned Fusion in general, not just Potara even then they would still be far superior since Fusion dance gives an insane boost

Broly is not equal to Kefla, Broly is atleast near hidden power Jiren lowballing from other statements saying that he's the strongest enemy yet

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:13 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:you do not know how much stronger they have been made ... so it's not relevant

Are you inept at reading? TENS of Times implying atleast 20x Goku and Vegeta's max power combined just in base, meaning they have way far surpassed SSBKK from back in the ToP in just base Gogeta and Omen easily in Super Saiyan . She just mentioned Fusion in general, not just Potara even then they would still be far superior since Fusion dance gives an insane boost

Broly is not equal to Kefla, Broly is atleast near hidden power Jiren lowballing from other statements saying that he's the strongest enemy yet
no, you yes??.
potara = / = fusion dance
no, you do not have proof of it vados speaks in reference to the potala fusion of kefla, next ...
I do not say that gogeta does not exceed it, I say that broly does not seem to do it as far as I've seen it can change esp if something is shown when he sees the movie.
feats >>>> mentions

Jmass97
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Jmass97 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:16 pm

CTAkuma wrote:

I’d just leave it alone at this point dude lol it’s hopeless

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:45 pm

RedHeat wrote:
how can someone be so wrong
Because it does look like fan art. If someone posted this and it was (real fan art) folks would call it out as such. Toyotaro's old AF Manga looks more in line with DB aesthetic than this poster does.
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:03 pm

Jmass97 wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:

You do realize that even if a current blue Goku isn’t stronger than blue Kaio-Ken from the tournament that doesn’t mean that Broly isn’t as well by default right? We know that even if Goku were to use Kaio-Ken in the film he’d only get 20x stronger so if Broly in his Ikari form is already close to blue in strength and he goes ssj that’s at least a 50x multiplier and we actually know it’s more since he rivals a Goku and Vegeta who fuse (a x b) THEN they turn ssj on top of that. So ssj Broly alone is far more powerful than what you’re perceiving him to be. He then goes full power and Gogeta needs to go blue in order to have an advantage over Broly. The jump from ssj to blue is huge and they both definitely surpassed phase 2 ui from the tournament and by a huge margin...it’s not a hard concept to grasp honestly
To be honest, Toriyama has never used any multiplier related to SSJ in the series. These numbers were only shown in some guides that were supposedly supervised by him, but that was hardly something he saw in its entirety. Toriyama himself said he felt like the SSJ was only 10x stronger (obviously that's wrong, but it shows that it's probably not as absurd as 50x).

Broly SSJ without any conscience beat Golden Freeza for an hour and Frieza survived. Goku and Vegeta SSB together are apparently able to face Broly for a while. I do not think he's 20x stronger than the two of them together. I believe that SSB and KK x20 / SSBE would be able to face Broly SSJ