DragonBall Z Season 4 Set...

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:49 pm

shenron002 wrote:
Are you talking about the Ocean dub? If so then all of the voices are different than FUNimation's dub.
No it's FUNimations Dub, YTV switched to the Ocean/Bluewater Dub halfway threw the Cell games. I would show you what I mean, if I had a video capture card.

The missing sound effects are on the DVD singles (maybe bad encoding)! Not the aired episodes.
Well then 19's voice is the same, but they took off that HORRIBLE filter they had on it before so that you can actually understand his dialogue.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:19 pm

So, judging by those booklet scans, FUNimation only gives us voice actor information in the character profiles every other season? The hell?
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:07 pm

At least you got the booklets, when the season 2 set was released Madman (the distributor in Australia) didn't get them printed on time, so if you wanted one you had to email them a few weeks later.

Still, I emailed them with just my address and asked if they needed any other information, they didn't reply, and a week later the booklet came with two sampler discs with about five episodes of different anime on each of them..

*edit* Which didn't negate the fact that the booklet sucked*edit*
Last edited by Captain Awesome on Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xzero
Regular

Post by xzero » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:08 pm

Some of the sound effects were edited out of the TV airings, but the DVDs were as uncut as advertised. You know... in terms of sound effects at least...

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:49 pm

I always think to myself when I see screencaps of these sets "Oh, the cropping doesn't look so bad"

Then I do this:

..And it annoys me all over again..

*sigh*

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:51 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:I always think to myself when I see screencaps of these sets "Oh, the cropping doesn't look so bad"

Then I do this:

*sigh*
Well then don't do that! :P
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

XxArmageddonX7

Post by XxArmageddonX7 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:18 am

Captain Awesome wrote:I always think to myself when I see screencaps of these sets "Oh, the cropping doesn't look so bad"

Then I do this:

*sigh*
Yeah..the cropping is SOOO awful. :roll:

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:45 am

XxArmageddonX7 wrote: Yeah..the cropping is SOOO awful. :roll:
Was that even worth your time to post?, because it certainly wasn't worth my time to read.

I don't like the cropping, you don't have to agree.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:52 am

Captain Awesome wrote:
XxArmageddonX7 wrote: Yeah..the cropping is SOOO awful. :roll:
Was that even worth your time to post?, because it certainly wasn't worth my time to read.

I don't like the cropping, you don't have to agree.
He was making a sarcastic comment. The "SOOOOOOOOO awful" part should've been a giveaway.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:09 am

jjgp1112 wrote: He was making a sarcastic comment. The "SOOOOOOOOO awful" part should've been a giveaway.
Um..

Thats kind of the reason I replied, I stated I didn't like the cropping, and he answered with a sarcastic comment, like you're stupid if the cropping annoys you.

Vegard Aune
Advanced Regular

Post by Vegard Aune » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:23 am

Then I do this:

*sigh*
Wow, when I saw that picture, I thought "It wouldn't look too bad if they just moved it a bit, and cut off more on the top and less on the bottom." and then it turns out that they did the exact opposite of that...

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:26 am

Vegard Aune wrote: Wow, when I saw that picture, I thought "It wouldn't look too bad if they just moved it a bit, and cut off more on the top and less on the bottom." and then it turns out that they did the exact opposite of that...
Exactly, the widescreen would still be annoying, just decidedly less so, if it was correctly framed, instead of just run on autopilot..

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:18 am

Man I am in love with that screenshot lol. Just looks epic.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:20 am

I actually love what they did in the dub with it.

"lightning strikes* "Freezaaa"

So badass.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:36 am

SSJToreto wrote:
Freeza93 wrote:
SSJToreto wrote:

maybe you need glasses.
My TV is PAL and I don't experience any problems like that. And any way the Dbox is NTSC as well (isn't it?) so that would be blurry as well.
It is NTSC. But what does your TV being a PAL, has anything to do with the fact that you can't tell the difference between comparison pic's of dbox and season set footage on a computer monitor?
I hadn't actually seen those ones, how do you know I don't have the singles, or a dragonbox to compare it with?

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:42 am

I have only watched a little bit of this Season, which is a bit surprising considering that the whole Trunks Saga is definitely one of my favorites. I like the way Frieza was dubbed when Trunks went Super Saiyan for the first time. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that the sub had the same lines, but I just think that the reaction was well done. When Trunks goes Super Saiyan and he asks Frieza if something's wrong and Frieza starts off quietly and then shouts, "no...Saiyan!" And even before that, the line about the eyes, where Frieza is like, "Eyes... They have the same eyes..." Still makes me chuckle a little every time I hear King Cold's dub voice. Could they have possibly found a more "I'm a homosexual child molester" quality to his voice?

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:10 am

Well I just got the two sets last night. It really don't make sence to put up a dissection now since its had an open topic for almost 2 weeks now. I do want to point somthing out though...

FUNimation green? What the hell?

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:17 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Well I just got the two sets last night. It really don't make sence to put up a dissection now since its had an open topic for almost 2 weeks now. I do want to point somthing out though...

I think its the cheap packaging they have now. You know,the worthless cardboard the sets come in.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:16 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Well I just got the two sets last night. It really don't make sence to put up a dissection now since its had an open topic for almost 2 weeks now. I do want to point somthing out though...

Because Funi cares about the environment so much, that symbolizes that the box was made out of recycled material so that we are one step forward in preventing Global Warming. You can make a difference-RECYCLE!!!! Do it one useless Ultimate Uncut DVD at a time.
Last edited by jjgp1112 on Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:18 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:FUNimation green? What the hell?
That's just a logo that FUNimation puts on their stuff now to let people know that their products are made from recycled materials.

EDIT: Oh snap, beaten to it.

On another note, why do they keep using that "DBZ has been called the greatest action cartoon of all time - and it's true!" quote for everything they release? Surely there's got to be at least one other quote in the world that they can use.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs