Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit - General Discussion

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kikoha Hater
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kikoha Hater » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:26 am

Hold on someone may have pointed this out already, but that image Freeza and Cell came straight from daizenshuu 1 (title page), my god this whole game reeks of laziness! :x

Nyoibo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nyoibo » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:06 pm

I'd hold on any judgment about how the game looks. We haven't even seen a HD video yet.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:19 pm

*edited out*
Last edited by sangofe on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:15 pm

The demo looks quite smooth. The only part I don't like is the part where Kuririn jumps in to whack Goku; it just seems awfully disconnected. One addition to the series I really dig is how they slightly blur fast animations such as Piccolo spinning wildly after getting kicked by Goku. That's just wild. Can't wait for an HD video of this sucker.
sangofe wrote:They have a h264 encode of it for download claiming to be HD I think.
They said it's Hi-res. It's different from HD, I think.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:05 pm

kvon wrote:The demo looks quite smooth. The only part I don't like is the part where Kuririn jumps in to whack Goku; it just seems awfully disconnected. One addition to the series I really dig is how they slightly blur fast animations such as Piccolo spinning wildly after getting kicked by Goku. That's just wild. Can't wait for an HD video of this sucker.
sangofe wrote:They have a h264 encode of it for download claiming to be HD I think.
They said it's Hi-res. It's different from HD, I think.
Oh, sorry about the confusion.
*goes to delete message*

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:47 pm

Kikoha Hater wrote:Hold on someone may have pointed this out already, but that image Freeza and Cell came straight from daizenshuu 1 (title page), my god this whole game reeks of laziness! :x
Do you have a picture of this? I'd like to see it. :D

(The images of Frieza and Cell in the background remind me of the cover to TMNT: Tournement Fighters on the SNES)
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Kikoha Hater
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kikoha Hater » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:08 pm

http://www.kanzentai.com/guide/daizensh ... s_cov.html

Just scroll down, you'll see I mean.

theendgamelv3

Post by theendgamelv3 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:49 am

Eh.......I am not too sure about this game. I really did wish they would do Tenkaichi style and Budokai style games. I mean it looks pretty, but the fighting is IMO limited, even more so without the destructible environments. No Buu saga, are you kidding me? I rather have them delay the game for about a year to have them PUT in fusions and Buu and all that. This is the 1st Budokai game I am thinking about not buying.

finnishjuoppo
Beyond Newbie

Post by finnishjuoppo » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:39 am

SSJmole wrote:
mystic trunks wrote:Just like B1, this game cuts off the Buu saga.
I just hope they haven't left Buu saga odd for the sole purpose of realising an add-on for Downloadable content as that would just be annoying.
All in the Dimps are thinking something like this:

"hey we made a great game, but for unknown reason,we left out the buu saga, but hey! those gamers can download it from live/ps store and give some more money to us!"
-"this is madness"
-"madness? no.. this..is.. dragonball!"

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:11 am

"hey we made a great game, but for unknown reason,we left out the buu saga, but hey! those gamers can download it from live/ps store and give some more money to us!"
No, no, no, no.
Go read newspost by Mike, and go watch that last video.

finnishjuoppo
Beyond Newbie

Post by finnishjuoppo » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:48 pm

sangofe wrote:

No, no, no, no.

Link please.
-"this is madness"
-"madness? no.. this..is.. dragonball!"

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:02 pm

finnishjuoppo wrote:
sangofe wrote:

No, no, no, no.

Link please.
Umm...

www.daizex.com

:wink:
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:01 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Umm...

www.daizex.com

:wink:
Never heard of it! :lol:

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:45 pm

theendgamelv3 wrote:I rather have them delay the game for about a year to have them PUT in fusions and Buu and all that. This is the 1st Budokai game I am thinking about not buying.
You realize that in a year they're most likely going to release Burst Limit 2 with Buu and everything...
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:24 pm

Hey, since there's going to be multi-regional online play, why not hold a Daizex Tenkaichi Budokai? How awesome would that be?

Freeza93
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freeza93 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:29 pm

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote:Hey, since there's going to be multi-regional online play, why not hold a Daizex Tenkaichi Budokai? How awesome would that be?
Holy shits! This is the best idea anyone has ever had. Difficult to find the right times but it's a great idea!
Last edited by Freeza93 on Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I finally bought a gamecube. To bad they don't make any games for it now.

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:30 pm

Freeza93 wrote:
Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece wrote:Hey, since there's going to be multi-regional online play, why not hold a Daizex Tenkaichi Budokai? How awesome would that be?
Holy shits! This is the best idea anyone has ever had. Difficult to find the right times but it's a great idea!
That's what Friday and Saturday nights are for :wink:

Furu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Furu » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:33 pm

Drabaz wrote:
theendgamelv3 wrote:I rather have them delay the game for about a year to have them PUT in fusions and Buu and all that. This is the 1st Budokai game I am thinking about not buying.
You realize that in a year they're most likely going to release Burst Limit 2 with Buu and everything...
Which is exactly why I'm not going to bother with his one.
Hey, I entirely forgot I had an account here. AGAIN.

theendgamelv3

Post by theendgamelv3 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:36 pm

Drabaz wrote:
Why bother to make this game at all then? I would think most fans want the game to go to the Buu Saga. Think about it, another year in development and we would probably have a game that has more characters and finer tuning along with maybe add some more cool ideas. I mean this is Atari trying get more money. They know most fans want to see a DBZ game on a next generation console and so Atari wants to release it as fast as they can. It is faster for them IMO to get this out there (due to less content) so they can milk DBZ more. I understand why they would do it, but it doesn't mean I like it. This game looks like a rental to me.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:45 pm

Yeah, but don't forget that Bandai Namco has been milking the franchise long before. Atari just got lucky and it seems DBZ is their only saving grace at this point, so it's understandable that they would want to release it ASAP. Also keep in mind this game has been development for 2 years now. The Shin Budokai series was pretty much a precursor to what would be Burst Limit.

As far as not including the Buu Saga, it's more likely they were trying to concentrate on the graphics & fighting engine itself, which is a good thing, and after seeing some actual gameplay, that pretty much seems to be the case. I really think instead of releasing a Burst Limit 2, they should just include the Buu Saga & characters as downloadable content later on after its release. Of course, that's more likely not to happen.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]