"SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Wilderness
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm
Location: Basildon, Essex, UK
Contact:

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Wilderness » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:39 am

I think it's 11 free cards, so far confirmed for digital copies in UK.

Can anyone confirm this is the same with the physical copies?
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 269
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 4:51 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Majin Demigra » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:59 am

Would anyone be willing to translate Shiras's backstory?

https://youtu.be/SCS2RSEvAsY

dualist
Regular
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:10 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dualist » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:02 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:51 am
I don't know why I find this funny, but...
What do you mean you don't know why you find this funny? This is hilarious! LOL
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

dualist
Regular
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:10 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dualist » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:05 pm

Quick question for those experienced with Heroes:

1. I saw in one of the Bandai Tutorial videos that there were in-game transformations. Can characters who have a form transform to any form they have access to within the match? For example, can Goku transform to SSJ 1, 2, or 3?

When you transform, does your card basically changed to the transformed card? Like I know there is an SSJ3 Goku card, so if I transform to SSJ3, am I basically using that card now?

Thanks in advance! I can't wait to grab this game today.
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

User avatar
Wilderness
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm
Location: Basildon, Essex, UK
Contact:

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Wilderness » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:18 pm

dualist wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:05 pm
Quick question for those experienced with Heroes:

1. I saw in one of the Bandai Tutorial videos that there were in-game transformations. Can characters who have a form transform to any form they have access to within the match? For example, can Goku transform to SSJ 1, 2, or 3?

When you transform, does your card basically changed to the transformed card? Like I know there is an SSJ3 Goku card, so if I transform to SSJ3, am I basically using that card now?

Thanks in advance! I can't wait to grab this game today.

You have to use a card that transforms. So just a little bit below the middle right of the card will have icons, and if it’s (for example) Goku > SSB Goku face icons, that means it transforms on a certain round.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

User avatar
kizuki
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:35 pm
Location: New York

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by kizuki » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:35 pm

Wilderness wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:18 pm
dualist wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:05 pm
Quick question for those experienced with Heroes:

1. I saw in one of the Bandai Tutorial videos that there were in-game transformations. Can characters who have a form transform to any form they have access to within the match? For example, can Goku transform to SSJ 1, 2, or 3?

When you transform, does your card basically changed to the transformed card? Like I know there is an SSJ3 Goku card, so if I transform to SSJ3, am I basically using that card now?

Thanks in advance! I can't wait to grab this game today.
You have to use a card that transforms. So just a little bit below the middle right of the card will have icons, and if it’s (for example) Goku > SSB Goku face icons, that means it transforms on a certain round.
The details of the card will also tell you how much your power increase will be. Like, I think for SSB Goku the power increase is +9,000 to the attack stat? I may be wrong with that but that’s the general idea.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6144
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:41 pm

dualist wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:02 pm
Kanassa wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:51 am
I don't know why I find this funny, but...
What do you mean you don't know why you find this funny? This is hilarious! LOL
I think it's just how weird it is to see the character say that. It's funny, but at the same time, Fat Buu saying 'God help us all' just makes ya stop and think :D

Just as much as Cooler referring to himself as 'Uncle Cooler'!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 386
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:22 am
Location: Poland

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Mnich » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:54 pm

So what name did you guys give to your avatar? Is it classic Beat or something else? Is the name exclusive to the story mode?

dualist
Regular
Posts: 517
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:10 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dualist » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:18 pm

Thanks for the replies to my transformation questions, folks!

Does summoning for cards use in-game currency?
Playing Xenovoerse on PS4
PSN Tag: Dualist721

User avatar
SaiyaSith
Regular
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:01 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SaiyaSith » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:29 pm

Dear everyone,

NEVER use Wal-Mart for digital code purchases. You will be screwed and this has happened to many people I found online. I went to a 24/7 Wal-Mart at midnight to pick up the game, and of course the incompetent staff couldn't/ wouldn't even bother trying to find a copy in the back room. So I resorted to buying 3 Nintendo game codes, each $20. I had no choice but to use the self checkout and, when I got home, only 2 of the codes were activated. One of them kept getting an error code. I had to wait until 7 in the morning to contact Nintendo and they said it could take up to 3 days for them to send me an email to activate my code. I had to add an extra $20 using my credit card and am finally downloading the game. Please remember this and NEVER use Wal-Mart to buy digital codes.

Sincerely,
Angry Consumer

User avatar
Xeogran
I Live Here
Posts: 2233
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 am
Contact:

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:34 pm

Mnich wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:54 pm
So what name did you guys give to your avatar? Is it classic Beat or something else? Is the name exclusive to the story mode?
Image
Makaioshin - Xeogran

I find the name I use on the Internet fitting for calm characters like him. He's also my favorite looking one, with Genome 2nd.

User avatar
SSJmole
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1017
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:17 am
Location: uk

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SSJmole » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:01 pm

Anyone know how to get new moves for create a card? All mine can do is wolf fang fist , garlic gun and flaming bullet

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6144
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:19 pm

This scene alone makes this entire game an isntant 10/10!
SSJmole wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:01 pm
Anyone know how to get new moves for create a card? All mine can do is wolf fang fist , garlic gun and flaming bullet
You purchase new moves form the accessories shop
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Thanos
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1477
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:33 am
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Thanos » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:48 pm

I've been playing for about an hour. So far, so good--better than I was expecting, if I'm being honest.

I have a question which is probably dumb, simple, and I may have even missed it in the tutorials--what is the significance of where you place your character/card on the field? There's a lot of space to place characters, but what difference does it make? From left-to-right, placing them in front of others, etc... is it aesthetic or is it actually doing anything?
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

User avatar
SSJmole
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1017
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:17 am
Location: uk

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SSJmole » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:23 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:19 pm
This scene alone makes this entire game an isntant 10/10!
SSJmole wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:01 pm
Anyone know how to get new moves for create a card? All mine can do is wolf fang fist , garlic gun and flaming bullet
You purchase new moves form the accessories shop
Thank you. I was looking on custom card store.



One of my new favourites in game is dark king vegeta , his dark shenron ability is awesome.

User avatar
SaiyaSith
Regular
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:01 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by SaiyaSith » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:57 pm

What's the best mission to farm rare Gacha tickets?

User avatar
Wilderness
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:07 pm
Location: Basildon, Essex, UK
Contact:

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Wilderness » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:48 am

SaiyaSith wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:57 pm
What's the best mission to farm rare Gacha tickets?
In my experience, it's the 'secret' missions you can unlocked but fulfilling certain requirements in other missions.
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

User avatar
sunsetshimmer
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:34 pm
Location: Poland/Equestria

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:14 am

I don't like how game skips many dialogoues and popups after few seconds. I hardly ever know what is happening in battle because everytime a character avtivates an ability i don't have time to read what it does.

So, how we are supposed to unlock other characters for custom cards or cards that do not appear in gacha?
I saw that some characters appear in creation shop and i bought Baby Vegeta. Will other characters appear there as well?
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6144
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:56 am

I screwed about with the mission creator: (PC Mission Code) dQPfmJR
sunsetshimmer wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:14 am
I don't like how game skips many dialogoues and popups after few seconds. I hardly ever know what is happening in battle because everytime a character avtivates an ability i don't have time to read what it does.

So, how we are supposed to unlock other characters for custom cards or cards that do not appear in gacha?
I saw that some characters appear in creation shop and i bought Baby Vegeta. Will other characters appear there as well?
Some you get from the shop and other's you can get from battles.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
UpFromTheSkies
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1859
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:05 pm

Re: "SDBH: World Mission" Official Discussion Thread

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:19 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:14 am
I don't like how game skips many dialogoues and popups after few seconds. I hardly ever know what is happening in battle because everytime a character avtivates an ability i don't have time to read what it does.
Trunks is telling you what's happening so you don't have to read all those popups, hopefully we get an update with his voice dubbed soon, it's the only part of the game I actually would want a dub for.

Post Reply