Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mooreish » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:10 am

JazzMazz wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:05 am I always find arguments around having faith in people coming from the #IstandwithVic people, kind of distasteful personally. I just find it a little absurd that people would, to uphold the idea that one man is good natured, basically condemn the character of the dozens of people who have victim stories around Vic, but also the character of people who witnessed that bad behaviour like con staff, or people who told their story. For Vic to be completely innocent as people claim, not just a few people who came out need to have questionable or be of bad character, but every single one of them.

To me at least, its pretty easy to see what conclusion in this case is more logical, and which conclusion is more absurd. The fact that some IStandWithVic supporters use that sort of line of reasoning, kind of bothers me, because it completely undermines their supposed "moral high ground".
I’ve seen people on here relying on faith In their belief in Vic being bad.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:17 am

Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:10 am I’ve seen people on here relying on faith In their belief in Vic being bad.
But what takes MORE faith? One person being evil, or 100 people being evil?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:18 am

Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:10 am
JazzMazz wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:05 am I always find arguments around having faith in people coming from the #IstandwithVic people, kind of distasteful personally. I just find it a little absurd that people would, to uphold the idea that one man is good natured, basically condemn the character of the dozens of people who have victim stories around Vic, but also the character of people who witnessed that bad behaviour like con staff, or people who told their story. For Vic to be completely innocent as people claim, not just a few people who came out need to have questionable or be of bad character, but every single one of them.

To me at least, its pretty easy to see what conclusion in this case is more logical, and which conclusion is more absurd. The fact that some IStandWithVic supporters use that sort of line of reasoning, kind of bothers me, because it completely undermines their supposed "moral high ground".
What do you think that faith is based on?

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:18 am

Fionordequester wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:17 am
Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:10 am I’ve seen people on here relying on faith In their belief in Vic being bad.
But what takes MORE faith? One person being evil, or 100 people being evil?
...well that depends. What are your thoughts on politics?

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:19 am

JazzMazz wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:18 am

Metoo

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:22 am

I'm not sure I've seen anyone other than Vic stans bring up #metoo in this thread, and it's almost always based in false information about, and a lack of research into, how many of the total allegations were fake (hint: it wasn't very many, and the ones that were were discovered incredibly quickly). That's a beyond-terrible justification.
Fionordequester wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:17 am But what takes MORE faith? One person being evil, or 100 people being evil?
He's sleazy, creepy, and an ass, and I guess you could call him de-facto evil for how most of us would act in his presence, but I don't enjoy throwing around the word "evil". That's taking things to an unrealistic level of black-and-white for what his actual crimes are.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:24 am

Shaddy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:22 am He's sleazy, creepy, and an ass, and I guess you could call him de-facto evil for how most of us would act in his presence, but I don't enjoy throwing around the word "evil". That's taking things to an unrealistic level of black-and-white for what his actual crimes are.
Hmm... Well, you're right in that Vic doesn't need to be evil to have done all that he did (even Monica describes him as someone who "needs help"; not someone who needs to go to jail).

Thing is, suppose every single one of the 100+ people who accused him were lying. What other way is there for that to be true, other than for them to all be horrible people? That's the only reason I use the term "evil".
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:26 am

Fionordequester wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:24 am
Shaddy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:22 am He's sleazy, creepy, and an ass, and I guess you could call him de-facto evil for how most of us would act in his presence, but I don't enjoy throwing around the word "evil". That's taking things to an unrealistic level of black-and-white for what his actual crimes are.
Hmm... Well, you're right in that Vic doesn't need to be evil to have done all that he did (even Monica describes him as someone who "needs help"; not someone who needs to go to jail).

Thing is, suppose every single one of the 100+ people who accused him were lying. What other way is there for that to be true, other than for them to all be horrible people? That's the only reason I use the term "evil".
It doesn’t have to be them lying. They could just have over exaggerated what happened. Or misremembered.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:28 am

Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:26 am It doesn’t have to be them lying. They could just have over exaggerated what happened. Or misremembered.
That... Seems incredibly unlikely, to me. Do you believe women are that likely to be so overly emotional about those sorts of things?

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:30 am

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:31 am

Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:19 am
JazzMazz wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:18 am

Metoo
Damn, really threw me for a loop with that one.

However, I do think that has bought some clarity to your state of mind on the issue. Yes, you could say the Metoo movement was at least partially responsible for something actually being done in this circumstances, I don't believe Vic is a bit a creep because of some movement. People believe his a creep due to the absolutely staggering amount of testimony and stories bought forth by dozens and dozens of people. I think your rationalization of this entire thing kind of shines a light on how your perception of this is kind of dehumanizing to the actual situation and argument bought against Vic, with instead of believing people have faith, in well, people, that they believe in some movement and idea.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:40 am

It's important to remember people thought Vic was a creep long before metoo ever happened. I'm pretty sure in looking around this subject, I saw a different creepy anime guy Digibro commenting about him being gross from like three years ago.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:44 am

Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:26 am
It doesn’t have to be them lying. They could just have over exaggerated what happened. Or misremembered.
Okay.

Remember how you were complaining about people talking down to you and IStandWithVic'ers, just like...one page ago?

Are you starting to figure out why yet?
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:47 am

Paulo Gabriel wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:54 am Stupid or crazy? I suspect it's the second.
It can be two things.
[/quote]

Yes, you are probably right.

EDIT: I quoted Shaddy wrongly. It's corrected below. I thought you could delete comment, so I apologize to the moderation team.
Last edited by Paulo Gabriel on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:49 am

Shaddy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:58 am
Paulo Gabriel wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:54 am Stupid or crazy? I suspect it's the second.
It can be two things.
Yes, you are probably right.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:51 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:48 am Despite despising Vic for what he did, I did like that Mooreish gave a more human and likeable plea for his side...Until I saw his posts and they are almost ALL from this thread! Something you arent sharing with us Mooreish? I think its pretty suspicious that you seem to be here only for this thread.
There's been a few accounts in this thread that have done exactly this.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:55 am

You actually can delete posts, I think only if yours is the most recent though? Something like that? I don't remember how it works.

EDIT: yeah this one has a delete button, but my last post didn't because there were others in front of it.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:56 am

Cursed Lemon wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:51 am
Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:48 am Despite despising Vic for what he did, I did like that Mooreish gave a more human and likeable plea for his side...Until I saw his posts and they are almost ALL from this thread! Something you arent sharing with us Mooreish? I think its pretty suspicious that you seem to be here only for this thread.
There's been a few accounts in this thread that have done exactly this.
Yes but unlike them I was on here before all this.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:39 am

Well, Mooreish, I've got a challenge for you. Since you already know how we feel about the folks you seem to get news from... How about you bring us news and information that is NOT provided by either of these four people?

1) Nick Rekieta

2) ThatUmbrellaGuy

3) Supergirl11/Perfection/Black Itachi

4) SENPAiSHOME

Do you think you'll be able to do that? If not, nothing you post will hold any real weight to us, as we don't trust those four guys any further than we could throw them.

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:02 am

Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:29 am Well ty is talking about what’s happening with the case and is Referencing how renfamous tried to have cps called on thatumbrellaguy without any evidence of any wrongdoing..
If anything can summarise how out of hand the narrative of the Vic situation has gotten, it's this. I'm pretty sure renfamous isn't even a victim of Vic, I've got no idea who thatumbrellaguy is, and I don't understand how this has gotten to be so important it's brought up by Vic's actual lawyer. They're not the ones involved in a lawsuit here. They're not the ones with reputations.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix