"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:06 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:03 pm
I need someone to clarify.

2.0 is supposed to be announced later this month and then broadcasted the next, right?
No.

Super is 99% gonna air this July and 70% chance it will be officially announced by the end of this month.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"


User avatar
IntangibleFancy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:40 pm

TheRed259 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:41 pm
According to this Twitter account, the teaser for the new series is coming at the end of May.
How trustworthy is that account?
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:49 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:40 pm
TheRed259 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:41 pm
According to this Twitter account, the teaser for the new series is coming at the end of May.
How trustworthy is that account?
According to Ajay it’s been right before but it’s also gotten a lot wrong
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
Derf
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 11:37 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Derf » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:18 pm

It's no secret that Toei has no shame with blatantly lying regarding the status of Dragon Ball Super, but worth adding this at a data point.

Here's Norihiro Hayashida (producer for Dragon Ball Super: Broly) at the 2019 International Beijing Film Festival being asked about a potential Dragon Ball Super continuation:
https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/1118963513798455296

Translation (courtesy, again, of GovetaXV):
"Nothing is fixed now, Toei hasn't came up with anything yet, not anything about arrangements or when will it start.
We are looking forward to it as eagerly as everyone else. There is nothing that we can answer about it right now."
https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/1118963846943666176

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by PFM18 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:34 pm

Shouldn't we have gotten an announcement by now? It is supposed to air in less than 3 months and yet still no mention of it.

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:15 am

PFM18 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:34 pm
Shouldn't we have gotten an announcement by now? It is supposed to air in less than 3 months and yet still no mention of it.
The rumored announcement date is supposed to be the end of April.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by PFM18 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:48 am

sintzu wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:15 am
PFM18 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:34 pm
Shouldn't we have gotten an announcement by now? It is supposed to air in less than 3 months and yet still no mention of it.
The rumored announcement date is supposed to be the end of April.
All I heard that it was in April, not necessarily a particular time.

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:59 am

PFM18 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:48 am
sintzu wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:15 am
PFM18 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:34 pm
Shouldn't we have gotten an announcement by now? It is supposed to air in less than 3 months and yet still no mention of it.
The rumored announcement date is supposed to be the end of April.
All I heard that it was in April, not necessarily a particular time.
There were also talks about December, January, and now possibly May. It seems like people are throwing random dates around to see what sticks.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
IntangibleFancy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by IntangibleFancy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:04 pm

Derf wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:18 pm
It's no secret that Toei has no shame with blatantly lying regarding the status of Dragon Ball Super, but worth adding this at a data point.

Here's Norihiro Hayashida (producer for Dragon Ball Super: Broly) at the 2019 International Beijing Film Festival being asked about a potential Dragon Ball Super continuation:
https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/1118963513798455296

Translation (courtesy, again, of GovetaXV):
"Nothing is fixed now, Toei hasn't came up with anything yet, not anything about arrangements or when will it start.
We are looking forward to it as eagerly as everyone else. There is nothing that we can answer about it right now."
https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/1118963846943666176
The translation makes it unclear. From the looks of this text, he either knows that the anime is back but doesn't know a date or doesn't know anything about 2.0 but is 100% sure it's coming back.

I'm 98% sure Geekdom or Ajay said something about Super happening late April. I know it isn't even the 20th yet but I hope (if they did say it) they don't go back on it at the last minute.

Ajay's sources should come in to play. If there really isn't anything in April now would be the perfect time to double check with them about the announcement. It Saves us the disappointment.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:13 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:04 pm
Derf wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:18 pm
It's no secret that Toei has no shame with blatantly lying regarding the status of Dragon Ball Super, but worth adding this at a data point.

Here's Norihiro Hayashida (producer for Dragon Ball Super: Broly) at the 2019 International Beijing Film Festival being asked about a potential Dragon Ball Super continuation:
https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/1118963513798455296

Translation (courtesy, again, of GovetaXV):
"Nothing is fixed now, Toei hasn't came up with anything yet, not anything about arrangements or when will it start.
We are looking forward to it as eagerly as everyone else. There is nothing that we can answer about it right now."
https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/1118963846943666176
The translation makes it unclear. From the looks of this text, he either knows that the anime is back but doesn't know a date or doesn't know anything about 2.0 but is 100% sure it's coming back.

I'm 98% sure Geekdom or Ajay said something about Super happening late April. I know it isn't even the 20th yet but I hope (if they did say it) they don't go back on it at the last minute.

Ajay's sources should come in to play. If there really isn't anything in April now would be the perfect time to double check with them about the announcement. It Saves us the disappointment.
They’ve only been saying that they THINK it will be announced late April around the DBZ 30th anniversary. Never anything about it being info from their sources. Its just an educated guess. So if its wrong, people shouldn’t blame them. Heck, Geekdom’s specifically been saying late April AND May the latest.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kinokima
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1179
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kinokima » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:38 pm

The wait for an official announcement is killing me :(

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:46 pm

Kinokima wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:38 pm
The wait for an official announcement is killing me :(
It will probably be announced when we least expect it. Z's 30th anniversary is on Friday so maybe then ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Simere
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1456
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Simere » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:20 pm

sintzu wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:46 pm
Kinokima wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:38 pm
The wait for an official announcement is killing me :(
It will probably be announced when we least expect it. Z's 30th anniversary is on Friday so maybe then ?
Least expected would be more like three days after.

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:14 pm

sintzu wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:46 pm
Kinokima wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:38 pm
The wait for an official announcement is killing me :(
It will probably be announced when we least expect it. Z's 30th anniversary is on Friday so maybe then ?
Lol, you say least expect it and then list the day where most of the db fandom is expecting it. Not trying to come off as a prick btw. Just found that kinda funny.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

louisascommie
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:56 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by louisascommie » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:34 pm

30th anniversary is also right before golden week right

think it makes sense

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:01 pm

Tbh, the best bet is too expect the announcement anywhere between late April and mid May.

MAYBE until May 21st for V-Jump but i personally think thats a little too late.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:07 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:14 pm
Lol, you say least expect it and then list the day where most of the db fandom is expecting it. Not trying to come off as a prick btw. Just found that kinda funny.
I guess I should've separated those 2 more. :lol:

What I mean is that it would make sense to announce the return of Z's sequel on it's 30th anniversary but knowing Toei it will probably be on some random day through a simple press release.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Derf
Newbie
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 11:37 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Derf » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:18 pm

So, we're coming up on the 26th - what's everyone's final bets? Both @YonkouProd and @dbs20191 on Twitter, who have been seen as reliable so far, seem to be hinting at an April 26th announcement. Are we all expecting it or will the 26th be another dud?

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:27 pm

Derf wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:18 pm
So, we're coming up on the 26th - what's everyone's final bets? Both @YonkouProd and @dbs20191 on Twitter, who have been seen as reliable so far, seem to be hinting at an April 26th announcement. Are we all expecting it or will the 26th be another dud?
It makes sense to announce it on a big event such as the 26th...but knowing Toei, I won't be surprised if they just announce it on a random day.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Post Reply