Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 4054
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by KBABZ » Wed May 01, 2019 11:31 pm

PacificOceanDub wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 7:20 pm
I would really love it if this release used the font on the Dub title cards that were on every release through the orange bricks. That same old font from the Toonami airings. I never had the Level sets, so I don’t know if those used it, or if they had the same generic-ass italic font that the Season BDs had. I know that’s such a microscopic part in the grand scheme of things, but I think about stuff like that..
I think about it too! One of the things I did for T1C is change all the subtitles to match the font used in Kai and Super for consistency.

User avatar
SqueakyBoots
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:00 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by SqueakyBoots » Thu May 02, 2019 1:48 pm

SuperSaiyanPan wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 1:10 am
Sorry for the double post but due to the site corruption I can't avoid it.

Someone on the /r/DBZ subreddit posted this from FUNimation Support
Hello (Name),

Thank you for contacting Funimation Support and for your interest in the 30thAnniversary Dragon Ball Z set!

In regards to the music content, there will be two English audio tracks for this release, depending on which version of the show you are watching.

The US Broadcast version features Mark Menza’s music for episodes 1-67 and Bruce Faulconer’s music for episodes 68 through the end of the series.

The Uncut version uses the Japanese music, though the audio is otherwise dubbed.

In regards to the Japanese title cards, the episodes will not include the original Japanese title cards nor will they include next episode previews.

This set will have all of the extras that were included with the Dragon Ball Z nine season BluRay sets.There will also be an additional feature created just for this release.

This includes:
-Textless Opening Song
-Textless Closing Song
-Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with Christopher R. Sabato
-Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with Sean Schemmel
-Justin Cook Shares His Headshot Collection
-Textless Opening Song
-Textless Closing Song
-Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with Gen Fukunaga
-Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with John Burgmeier
-Look Back at the Hummer Tour: With Sonny Strait
-Textless Opening Song
-Textless Closing Song
-Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with Matthew O'Hara
-Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with Daniel Mancilla
-From the Vault: Goku vs. Vegeta Featurette
-From the Vault: The World of Dragon Ball Z
-Textless Opening Song
-Textless Closing Song
-Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with Sonny Strait
-Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with Meredith McCoy
-Toei Tour: Raw Footage
-Textless Opening Song
-Textless Closing Song
-Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with Eric Vale
-Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with Cynthia Cranz
-Dragon Ball Z TriviaoInside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with Justin Cook
-Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with Nathanael Harrison
-Dragon Ball Z Card Game: Past, Present and Future
-Textless Opening Song
-Textless Closing Song
-Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with Kyle Hebert
-Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with Kara Edwards
-Dragon Ball Z: Coming to America
-Textless Opening Song
-Textless Closing Song
-Textless Opening Song
-Textless Closing Song
-Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with Josh Martin
-Inside Dragon Ball Z: Interview with Chris Rager
-From East to West: Dragon Ball Z's Epic Journey
-A Completely Serious Discussion About the Comedy of Dragon Ball Z

Please let us know if this doesn’t resolve your issue or answer your question.

Thank You!
I wonder why they keep saying Mark Menza is doing the music for the first 67 when in fact it's Nathan Johnson. FUNimation Support has said this incorrect bit of information at least three times.
I don't know which of these are from the season sets and which of these are new but this is pretty much exactly what I was expecting for bonus features. Just 95% interviews with the dub cast. Not that I dislike the dub cast by any means at all but for a 30th anniversary set when the Funimation dub isn't even that old yet, there should be more than this. "Toei Tour Raw Footage" sounds like it might be interesting depending on what exactly that is.

Also, if Funimation's support team has this info on hand, why isn't it being displayed on the actual website? It's like the website has minimal info on this set and we've had to scrape additional footage and details out of them.

User avatar
samuraix123
I Live Here
Posts: 3656
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:22 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by samuraix123 » Thu May 02, 2019 3:52 pm

I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head but is the world of Dragonball Z on the 16x9 releases?
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

User avatar
Forte224
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by Forte224 » Thu May 02, 2019 4:53 pm

My goodness, the counter for units remaining has really been dropping the past couple of days. I assume it's because we are getting near the cutoff date, which is May 5th, but wow.

User avatar
SuperSaiyaManZ94
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1165
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:01 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Thu May 02, 2019 4:57 pm

I'm not too surprised that this release doesn't have the Japanese title cards or the next episode previews, because that's been pretty much par for the course of every release of the series put out by FUNimation aside from the Dragon Boxes. It's pretty much a given that their multi generation film materials are inherently missing the complete package of the latter, so it doesn't really disappoint me because it's just what we've come to expect given what they have.

I had a feeling that would be the case, but the post above confirms it.
Last edited by SuperSaiyaManZ94 on Thu May 02, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu May 02, 2019 6:24 pm

Kind of funny it hasn't sold out but not surprising because you know why. Only three days left so I suppose they'll sell the remaining by then.

Dragon Box Z with a color correction is the ideal solution. The Singles look strangely good to me and some others but they're pretty compressed on DVD5s.

User avatar
The Jackal
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:30 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by The Jackal » Thu May 02, 2019 7:20 pm

Those extras are a snorefest. If I were making this set, I'd focus on just putting the show out on it's own, at the highest quality possible, in it's original format. That includes the obvious (no crazy dnr etc) and no removal of the NEPs.

I don't care about basement VAs like Sonny Strait and Chris Rager. I don't want to hear their opinions on a "premium" set that's meant for hardcore purists. JFC Funimation are useless & clueless. :thumbdown:

User avatar
eledoremassis02
I Live Here
Posts: 3308
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by eledoremassis02 » Thu May 02, 2019 8:17 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 6:24 pm
Kind of funny it hasn't sold out but not surprising because you know why. Only three days left so I suppose they'll sell the remaining by then.

Dragon Box Z with a color correction is the ideal solution. The Singles look strangely good to me and some others but they're pretty compressed on DVD5s.
Problem is that they're SD from a remasters that, as of now, is average and people would just call FUNi lazy since they have 16mm film to work with but if they Re-printed Dragon Boxes as in the boxes and everything, I dont think people would complain.

I will say, the extras are a bummer, Id like more than one new special feature but in all honesty they're features are never good and nothing you wouldn't hear outside of a recorded panel at a con. TEOI providing nothing new except box art (again) just shows how lazy they are too...

master_k
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:32 am

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by master_k » Fri May 03, 2019 1:15 am

I’ve accepted the fact that Funimation isn’t going to change their remastering processes.

This could be our last chance to get an English dub of Cha-La Head-Cha-La and We Gotta Power for the English dub with Japanese bgm. I wonder if enough fans ask Funimation, perhaps they’ll include it? Or they could even just include the Flow cover; it’d be nice for consistency sake since Magical Adventure and Dan Dan do have English dubs on the blue and green bricks. They can keep the Nathan Johnson opening in the broadcast score.

User avatar
SuperSaiyaManZ94
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1165
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:01 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Fri May 03, 2019 1:27 am

master_k wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:15 am
I’ve accepted the fact that Funimation isn’t going to change their remastering processes.

This could be our last chance to get an English dub of Cha-La Head-Cha-La and We Gotta Power for the English dub with Japanese bgm. I wonder if enough fans ask Funimation, perhaps they’ll include it? Or they could even just include the Flow cover; it’d be nice for consistency sake since Magical Adventure and Dan Dan do have English dubs on the blue and green bricks. They can keep the Nathan Johnson opening in the broadcast score.
I really don't understand why on the previous sets they left that crappy instrumental guitar movie theme on the dub with Japanese score on the opening when it really should have had Cha-La Head Cha-La/We Gotta Power, though the endings are indeed Zenkai Power and We Were Angels. That music really should have been restricted to just the English broadcast track only, and the only reason i can think of is it was an error that FUNi just never bothered to correct even after so long. Well, with the obvious exception of the Dragon Boxes which actually got it correct.

master_k
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:32 am

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by master_k » Fri May 03, 2019 1:47 am

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:27 am
master_k wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:15 am
I’ve accepted the fact that Funimation isn’t going to change their remastering processes.

This could be our last chance to get an English dub of Cha-La Head-Cha-La and We Gotta Power for the English dub with Japanese bgm. I wonder if enough fans ask Funimation, perhaps they’ll include it? Or they could even just include the Flow cover; it’d be nice for consistency sake since Magical Adventure and Dan Dan do have English dubs on the blue and green bricks. They can keep the Nathan Johnson opening in the broadcast score.
I really don't understand why on the previous sets they left that crappy instrumental guitar movie theme on the dub with Japanese score on the opening when it really should have had Cha-La Head Cha-La/We Gotta Power, though the endings are indeed Zenkai Power and We Were Angels. That music really should have been restricted to just the English broadcast track only, and the only reason i can think of is it was an error that FUNi just never bothered to correct even after so long. Well, with the obvious exception of the Dragon Boxes which actually got it correct.
Right?! I really hope it’s fixed this time around; the Nathan Johnson opening doesn’t even have nostalgia going for it when it comes to the series. I wish Funi would just drop it entirely. I do enjoy the dub (with the Japanese score and from time to time I’ll watch the later portion with the Faulconer score) so I always have to change to the mono audio track to hear the Japanese opening. I’m one of the fans who wants to buy this set to replace the cropped orange bricks but I’m on the fence. I’m sure if Funimation included Cha-La Head Cha-La, they’d sell even more.

User avatar
SuperSaiyaManZ94
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1165
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:01 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Fri May 03, 2019 2:15 am

master_k wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:47 am
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:27 am
master_k wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:15 am
I’ve accepted the fact that Funimation isn’t going to change their remastering processes.

This could be our last chance to get an English dub of Cha-La Head-Cha-La and We Gotta Power for the English dub with Japanese bgm. I wonder if enough fans ask Funimation, perhaps they’ll include it? Or they could even just include the Flow cover; it’d be nice for consistency sake since Magical Adventure and Dan Dan do have English dubs on the blue and green bricks. They can keep the Nathan Johnson opening in the broadcast score.
I really don't understand why on the previous sets they left that crappy instrumental guitar movie theme on the dub with Japanese score on the opening when it really should have had Cha-La Head Cha-La/We Gotta Power, though the endings are indeed Zenkai Power and We Were Angels. That music really should have been restricted to just the English broadcast track only, and the only reason i can think of is it was an error that FUNi just never bothered to correct even after so long. Well, with the obvious exception of the Dragon Boxes which actually got it correct.
Right?! I really hope it’s fixed this time around; the Nathan Johnson opening doesn’t even have nostalgia going for it when it comes to the series. I wish Funi would just drop it entirely. I do enjoy the dub (with the Japanese score and from time to time I’ll watch the later portion with the Faulconer score) so I always have to change to the mono audio track to hear the Japanese opening. I’m one of the fans who wants to buy this set to replace the cropped orange bricks but I’m on the fence. I’m sure if Funimation included Cha-La Head Cha-La, they’d sell even more.
Yeah i just hope they go ahead and correct it, because that's definitely a big flaw with the dub w/Japanese music track on the prior few releases as you aren't getting the proper original openings that should be there. That's why i am glad that they finally did it on the Dragon Boxes but yet at the same time they didn't do the same on all other releases and left the guitar instrumental theme which shouldn't be on a track meant to have the original Shunsuke Kikuchi score. I mean really, all they would have to do is switch out the instrumental for Cha La Head Cha La and they're good to go.

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri May 03, 2019 2:46 am

Okay, FUNimation wouldn't want to re-dub Z again but they could have at least made English versions of OP1, ED1, OP2, ED2 and Day of Fate ~Spirit Vs. Spirit~.

FUNimation did an amazing job with the Dragon Ball Kai songs but after that they dropped the ball completely, Kai TFC's OP/ED weren't dubbed and now that it's the 30th Anniversary they're not going to dub the songs either.

I have always wanted to hear FUNimation make a cover of CHA LA HEAD CHA LA but guess it ain't ever happening. :(

jelleline89
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 231
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by jelleline89 » Fri May 03, 2019 7:09 am

FUNi uploaded a video on YouTube celebrating 25 years.

https://youtu.be/ogY0791FMXU

DBZ was featured between 0:12 - 0:17. Is this Level set footage or something we can expect from the upcoming Blu-rays?

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri May 03, 2019 7:12 am

jelleline89 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 7:09 am
FUNi uploaded a video on YouTube celebrating 25 years.

https://youtu.be/ogY0791FMXU

DBZ was featured between 0:12 - 0:17. Is this Level set footage or something we can expect from the upcoming Blu-rays?
That doesn't look like the Level Sets but the Season Sets - 4:3 AR Edition (Black Brick).

Update

Screenshots below.


HakkaiBills93
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:04 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Fri May 03, 2019 8:20 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 7:12 am
(Black Brick).
it should called Black Shit , brick sound too consistant things for this vomit, it's just pollution nothing more , all the so called "technicians" that work on it should go hide themselves or change job, it's Elementary School level...no matter what the sheep will take funimation side , this supposed big things is just big for retarted brains

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri May 03, 2019 8:41 am

Let me just say, if I were a hardcore fan but not that hardcore then I'd be super happy with this release.

HakkaiBills93
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:04 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Fri May 03, 2019 9:21 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:41 am
Let me just say, if I were a hardcore fan but not that hardcore then I'd be super happy with this release.
It's not being hardcore fans it's just wanting a respectful release cause we are custumers not animals which you throw anything to eat.
It's a matter that companies HAVE to respect their product as much as theirs custumers, a little like if a fruits productors was shitting into his fruits and sold them to you and that you find it "natural"

For me , selling a "fake remaster" is the same if i was printing fake dollars , no matter who don't care to buy crap, it's a shame that supposed professionnal sold this crap

fact are companies very well know that they are fooling custumers, it's not like if they didn't know, if you think Funimation never take any kind of information about potential custumers, you are wrong and for that, they have read things here or elsewhere.

If you use fake money to pay your release it's illegal but if a company did fake advertisement, hide issues there's no pb

you'll notice that when a company did a true HD remaster with nice looking footage, they allways use screenshot or clips to promote them (i'll use slayers movies bluray release, city hunter or samurai troopers released recently), showing how nice it look but strangely when it's an upscale (so when they are trying to trick custumers) , you'll never get any screenshot before, (like saint seiya japanese bluray that NEVER SHOW any screenshot, yamato italian dragon ball , z movie blurays that was dbox upscale, dr slump bluray in france etc etc etc etc)

what i point is that cause of all those sheep that didn't make ear their voices, we will allways have crap, it's not only db related. All companies did the same

- Lord of the ring extended edition first movie have Green tint on Bluray, it's an issue cause, you'll not make me trust that it cost so much money to remove a tint when even me with a free software, i can remove it
- Funimation didn't even check or correct footage that they receivedn what does it mean? that people into funimation are paid for nothing? playing videogames? a video technician HAVE to check that the footage is properly calibrated and that's all is ok, it's his job, not destroying the footage like an elementary school boy can do by pushing random things. If he can't do it, then he have to be fire that's all)
- A Huge amount of films (like for example Bruce lee or jackie chan movies even if they are far more) or anime are censored, edited so not even releasing the movies, series like it was originally only because someone said (you'll see only half of the footage) but the worst is that.... you BUYED it!!!! you pay for something that isn't even full or in bad conditions. when you pay for internet optical fiber, do you agree to have 10mb connexion? why do you agree for that kind of things then?

as long as sheep, idiots or any stupid retarded brains (all words to named all thoses useless peoples) that support this kind of things buy buying them, things will never change and we will condamned to crap things, if you think that not buying it will only lead to not release the stuffs, you are really retarded.

Companies have to sold things to make some benefits, if they want to sold db things, they have to seduce custumers, if custumers don't buy crap, then they'll have to do nice things. What they did well is make stupid sheep thinking about reverse situations.

Thoses retarded guys allways hide behind stupid excuse to explain why they accept crap and paid for it (as they are very retarded they can't even have understand that they have crap only because they buy crap (it's pretty logical but too much for their retarded brains)

Why we don't have any valuable release is only cause most of Dragon Ball custumers are retarded

every worst release are only test.
They started using DNR and probably make a test release, people buyed it so they have seen that DNR that allow them to lower production cost but raise theirs benefits and they keep doing it more and more.
More you'll buy garbage, worst will be the followings one until custumers said "STOP"

when i see this new generation of stupid people like it is nicely illustrate here
Image
there's no way things will change

User avatar
eledoremassis02
I Live Here
Posts: 3308
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:13 am

Its also the fact, and I have said it before, FUNimation took too much that they could chew on the level sets and are going for an easier approach and trying to make a set for everyone because yes, people do seem to like crappy releases. So now we have de-grained 4x3 in one complete boxset. People buy crap because it's cheap. The Season sets, dirt cheap. The Season Blurays, cheap..the level sets...a lot of people complained about the price and it turned them off and people complained about the grain, yes it's stupid and no it's not somthing people have been hypnotized to belive grain is bad. People are now used to HD and things shot digitaly. It's the same how people hated widescreen on 4x3 and how people hate full screen on 169. FUNimations not conning anyone. They've been pretty open about this release and has shared (to what we know) uncompressed screenshots of their final version and even raw. I don't know what you mean by not checking the footage, but the level sets clearly showed that A) they know what they're doing and B) they checked frame by frame. It's just that they're not the company that should be doing this at all (TOEI). If you really think about it, it's a dubbing studio that's remastering film.. that's almost as crazy as Fans being about to do it (I'm talking Kei levels of getting 16mm film).

As far as the Bruce Lee movies go, yes Big Boss is censored, that footage got cut back in the 70s to meet Mainland standards (same thing happened to Shaolin soccer but luckily the original one was saved by mirimax (funny enough) and the HK dvd just has the deleted scenes branched into the Mainland cut (like press the button to access the scene) and is hard to find. Enter The Dragon is actually extended on US Bluray so I dont know what youre complaining about. Jackie Chan's a whole other situation cause Weinstein thought everyone's stupid and dumbed downed westernized the crap out of his films, and casual people don't even know, or didn't know (because the internet was either not there or super new) and that version just stuck. Plus casual people in the US dont even know Jackie did films in Hong Kong and prefer his work in the US (where I personally beg to differ) We still don't have Rumble in the Bronx proper on bluray. Infact Hong Kong has the remasters you're talking about... films like Tiger Cage are just straight up DVD upscales, or the Korean Bluray of Restless..thats literally not and upscale at all, just the DVD file with a smoothing filter..those are the real cons.

Honestly, we get it, you hate this release and you despise the people supporting it. If this bothers you so much, I suggest you stick to other topics..trust me, you'll be a lot happier. Id also suggest you read the terms again because you've called fellow fans, "stupid", "retarded" etc. does go against the terms. I suggest you tone down your speech as it's not worth getting banned from this forum over this release.

On a side note: This shot looks pretty good honestly. The lighting effect looks natural and not smudgy or banding from DNR that you'd expect. Not sure what episodes its from but if anyone can post a shot from the season bluray for comparison
Image Also nice how they used the Ocean dub for that clip..even if it was just reused audio from the rock he dragon trailer lol.

User avatar
SqueakyBoots
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:00 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by SqueakyBoots » Fri May 03, 2019 12:12 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 7:12 am
That doesn't look like the Level Sets but the Season Sets - 4:3 AR Edition (Black Brick).

Update

Screenshots below.

Here's what the first screenshot looked like in the raw scan. Taken from this video at the 4:27 mark. https://youtu.be/moAy02J2fd8?t=267
Image


SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:27 am
I really don't understand why on the previous sets they left that crappy instrumental guitar movie theme on the dub with Japanese score on the opening when it really should have had Cha-La Head Cha-La/We Gotta Power, though the endings are indeed Zenkai Power and We Were Angels. That music really should have been restricted to just the English broadcast track only, and the only reason i can think of is it was an error that FUNi just never bothered to correct even after so long. Well, with the obvious exception of the Dragon Boxes which actually got it correct.
I remember that being a thing on the movie blu-rays. Was that something they did for the season set blu-rays too? Yeah, that definitely needs to be fixed. How does something like that even happen without anyone noticing? Or if it was an intentional choice, then why keep the ending themes intact?

Would be great if they added Spirit VS Spirit to the dub audio as well. I think at least on the Dragon Box, they just didn't have any music at all during that scene and it was really awkward to watch. The songs don't need to be dubbed but they should at least be there in a "dub with original Japanese score" audio track.

Post Reply