"Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:19 pm

Spencer_23 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:00 pm
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:46 pm
Spencer_23 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:30 pm


You don’t know that. I have evidence. I’ll show you blacked out texts lmao. I guess we’ll see if my sources were right about October if not no worries it was just delayed I can’t possibly be wrong.
I dont see what the deal is with the whole blacking out thing. Assuming you believe Ajay, and Ajay and Geekdom work together and share info, why would Ajay have legit inside sources yet Geekdom’s sources are BS? Of course the names would be blacked out. Inside sources aren’t supposed to be known to the general public. Not to mention, Geekdom said in the video that his sources said July and nothing else. He never said that is sources suddenly changed the date to October. He didn’t even mention the month of October.

If you kept up with the entire conversation instead of just hopping halfway in you’d see what I am saying.

Him posting blacked out texts is not “literal proof” as the other dude claimed. Sure it could be true, I’ve never said Geekdom was making it up. The difference is Ajay is an adult who admitted he was wrong about the announcement and likely the air date. Why was he wrong? Possibly bad sources. I have nothing bad to say when someone can humbly admit that.

Geekdom on the other hand constantly told people they’d be sorry/apologizing to him come April/May. Now that he was clearly wrong he backtracks as if something changed. I don’t care that he was wrong, it’s the way he acts about being wrong.

My October comment is a joke showing just how dumb it is to defend him using “oh it got delayed” when there is no evidence of that. Anyone in the world can name a month (like I chose October) and when it doesn’t happen claim it was delayed. That’s a dumb defense, but then again not many smart people are actually defending Geekdom’s actions at this point.
I see your point BUT your kind of exaggerating it. Aside from that one tweet where Geekdom snaps at the guy saying he’ll apologize (def an uncalled for response), he wasn’t going around telling people the’d be sorry and shit like that. All the other times he’s mentioned 2uper’s announcement, he’s always stressed that they’re just predictions of his and nothing more. And the other point about him backtracking? I dont see it. The whole video is him restating everything he’s said before. He told us what he had been told, when he thought 2uper would be announced, and that its too late for it to be in July now since the time for announcements has passed. He then proceeds to give potential reasons why 2uper hasn’t been announced despite info that its in production.

I’m guess you are using this definition of backtracking:

”to say that you did not mean something you said earlier or say that you have changed your opinion”

Geekdom did not do this. I think what you’re more annoyed about is him not apologizing and admitting he was wrong. And i think he didn’t apologize for his announcement dates being wrong because he (besides the tweet), never stated they were 100% along with the fact that the July info given to him was seemingly wrong or it was right but changed.

But on the topic of the tweet, yeah it was uncalled for.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
Akamay
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:03 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Akamay » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:23 pm

Ssb_goku20 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:19 pm
I know what mean but sometimes not everyone is aware what their superiors are up to and the best they can do is wait for further instructions.
I am aware of this, I just wonder what they're up to given how things have gone so far. If the series got delayed and they're just sitting on a bunch of stuff that is already done, they would be asking for more content or for people to work on something else, no?

I mean, we got word from artists, right? I don't think they would be working on stuff that would be released immediately, but if they are done with stuff, they would be working on another project, I think?

Right now nobody knows what's going on with the stuff that got reported, but is there any news on what people are working on now?
When Ajay and the others talked with their contacts, they were working on something that had to be done way before July, but what about now? Are they working on something else? Are they working on more Dragon Ball?

That is, if the people contacted previously can say anything about it, it would be nice to know, just in case.
If they are still working on Super, it would show that production is still going on, but if they are working on something else, it would show that something has happened, right?

Spencer_23
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:16 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Spencer_23 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:24 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:19 pm
Spencer_23 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:00 pm
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:46 pm


I dont see what the deal is with the whole blacking out thing. Assuming you believe Ajay, and Ajay and Geekdom work together and share info, why would Ajay have legit inside sources yet Geekdom’s sources are BS? Of course the names would be blacked out. Inside sources aren’t supposed to be known to the general public. Not to mention, Geekdom said in the video that his sources said July and nothing else. He never said that is sources suddenly changed the date to October. He didn’t even mention the month of October.

If you kept up with the entire conversation instead of just hopping halfway in you’d see what I am saying.

Him posting blacked out texts is not “literal proof” as the other dude claimed. Sure it could be true, I’ve never said Geekdom was making it up. The difference is Ajay is an adult who admitted he was wrong about the announcement and likely the air date. Why was he wrong? Possibly bad sources. I have nothing bad to say when someone can humbly admit that.

Geekdom on the other hand constantly told people they’d be sorry/apologizing to him come April/May. Now that he was clearly wrong he backtracks as if something changed. I don’t care that he was wrong, it’s the way he acts about being wrong.

My October comment is a joke showing just how dumb it is to defend him using “oh it got delayed” when there is no evidence of that. Anyone in the world can name a month (like I chose October) and when it doesn’t happen claim it was delayed. That’s a dumb defense, but then again not many smart people are actually defending Geekdom’s actions at this point.
I see your point BUT your kind of exaggerating it. Aside from that one tweet where Geekdom snaps at the guy saying he’ll apologize (def an uncalled for response), he wasn’t going around telling people the’d be sorry and shit like that. All the other times he’s mentioned 2uper’s announcement, he’s always stressed that they’re just predictions of his and nothing more. And the other point about him backtracking? I dont see it. The whole video is him restating everything he’s said before. He told us what he had been told, when he thought 2uper would be announced, and that its too late for it to be in July now since the time for announcements has passed. He then proceeds to give potential reasons why 2uper hasn’t been announced despite info that its in production.

I’m guess you are using this definition of backtracking:

”to say that you did not mean something you said earlier or say that you have changed your opinion”

Geekdom did not do this. I think what you’re more annoyed about is him not apologizing. And i think he didn’t apologize for his announcement dates being wrong because he (besides the tweet), never stated they were 100% along with the fact that the July info given to him was seemingly wrong or it was right but changed.

But on the topic of the tweet, yeah it was uncalled for.
The tweet is just one example that’s the general vibe he has always given off, a big reason I don’t watch his videos anymore (outside of this last one to see if he was man enough to say he was wrong, shocker - he wasn’t). This is the same guy who forever would constantly dog people for wanting Broly in Super and claiming “that’s never going to happen” only to again be wrong.

And he definitely has backtracked since for weeks he was saying it was 100% coming in July and now it isn’t lol. When you go around saying it is coming in July, no matter where you heard it from, and then it doesn’t happen, YOU are wrong.

But clearly people will defend anything no matter how delusional, even people they don’t know and who doesn’t know them.

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:29 pm

Akamay wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:23 pm
Ssb_goku20 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:19 pm
I know what mean but sometimes not everyone is aware what their superiors are up to and the best they can do is wait for further instructions.
I am aware of this, I just wonder what they're up to given how things have gone so far. If the series got delayed and they're just sitting on a bunch of stuff that is already done, they would be asking for more content or for people to work on something else, no?

I mean, we got word from artists, right? I don't think they would be working on stuff that would be released immediately, but if they are done with stuff, they would be working on another project, I think?

Right now nobody knows what's going on with the stuff that got reported, but is there any news on what people are working on now?
When Ajay and the others talked with their contacts, they were working on something that had to be done way before July, but what about now? Are they working on something else? Are they working on more Dragon Ball?

That is, if the people contacted previously can say anything about it, it would be nice to know, just in case.
If they are still working on Super, it would show that production is still going on, but if they are working on something else, it would show that something has happened, right?
My guess is that Toei is trying to make sure that something like episode 5 doesn't happen again so they are taking their time animating things and as Geekdom said they could be delaying Super for the One Piece Movie and i wouldn't be surprised if that was case because when looking at Dc they had told CW they couldn't use Deathstroke because of the Movie version so Toei could be trying to keep Dbs from overshadowing a money bringer.

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:43 pm

Spencer_23 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:24 pm
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:19 pm
Spencer_23 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:00 pm



If you kept up with the entire conversation instead of just hopping halfway in you’d see what I am saying.

Him posting blacked out texts is not “literal proof” as the other dude claimed. Sure it could be true, I’ve never said Geekdom was making it up. The difference is Ajay is an adult who admitted he was wrong about the announcement and likely the air date. Why was he wrong? Possibly bad sources. I have nothing bad to say when someone can humbly admit that.

Geekdom on the other hand constantly told people they’d be sorry/apologizing to him come April/May. Now that he was clearly wrong he backtracks as if something changed. I don’t care that he was wrong, it’s the way he acts about being wrong.

My October comment is a joke showing just how dumb it is to defend him using “oh it got delayed” when there is no evidence of that. Anyone in the world can name a month (like I chose October) and when it doesn’t happen claim it was delayed. That’s a dumb defense, but then again not many smart people are actually defending Geekdom’s actions at this point.
I see your point BUT your kind of exaggerating it. Aside from that one tweet where Geekdom snaps at the guy saying he’ll apologize (def an uncalled for response), he wasn’t going around telling people the’d be sorry and shit like that. All the other times he’s mentioned 2uper’s announcement, he’s always stressed that they’re just predictions of his and nothing more. And the other point about him backtracking? I dont see it. The whole video is him restating everything he’s said before. He told us what he had been told, when he thought 2uper would be announced, and that its too late for it to be in July now since the time for announcements has passed. He then proceeds to give potential reasons why 2uper hasn’t been announced despite info that its in production.

I’m guess you are using this definition of backtracking:

”to say that you did not mean something you said earlier or say that you have changed your opinion”

Geekdom did not do this. I think what you’re more annoyed about is him not apologizing. And i think he didn’t apologize for his announcement dates being wrong because he (besides the tweet), never stated they were 100% along with the fact that the July info given to him was seemingly wrong or it was right but changed.

But on the topic of the tweet, yeah it was uncalled for.
The tweet is just one example that’s the general vibe he has always given off, a big reason I don’t watch his videos anymore (outside of this last one to see if he was man enough to say he was wrong, shocker - he wasn’t). This is the same guy who forever would constantly dog people for wanting Broly in Super and claiming “that’s never going to happen” only to again be wrong.

And he definitely has backtracked since for weeks he was saying it was 100% coming in July and now it isn’t lol. When you go around saying it is coming in July, no matter where you heard it from, and then it doesn’t happen, YOU are wrong.

But clearly people will defend anything no matter how delusional, even people they don’t know and who doesn’t know them.
Again, ur using the word backtracking wrong. Your main problem is more than he didn’t apologize and i can understand that problem. But he factually never backtracked. He never once said that he did not mean what he said before.

You are literally only describing him being wrong. Not backtracking. Him saying something will happen and it not happening doesn’t mean he backtracked. All it means is that he was wrong. He doesn’t go back on his word and say he never meant what he said before. In the video he accepts that what he said wasn’t right and proceeds onward.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:23 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by vashter » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:31 pm

Lol so much hating words all over here it might be a bad smell geekdom101 using burner account in here than coming on his own pft, I wish him best on his health but atm base on his video sound like a f4g some more

RecolorSaiyan
Regular
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:46 pm

Lol at the One Piece reasoning, they've known when this movie was coming out for a long ass time and now all of a sudden Toei is worried about its shine being stolen?

User avatar
Nokra
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 268
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:39 pm
Location: Transcendent Realm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Nokra » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:27 pm

This war between Geekdom Fanboys and Geekdom Haters is entertaining.

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:33 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:46 pm
Lol at the One Piece reasoning, they've known when this movie was coming out for a long ass time and now all of a sudden Toei is worried about its shine being stolen?
This is the same company that rushed Super 0.1 into production overnight so anything's possible.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:52 pm

Ssb_goku20 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:14 pm
Spencer_23 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:02 pm
Ssb_goku20 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:55 pm


He literally just showed everyone that his sources were telling him July and all he was doing is telling people what he was told, any changes in plans isn't on him so being rude and mean to him is pointless.

He “literally” did not. He showed blacked out names texting him. Other than that it was 8-9 minutes of info readily available to anyone like the voice actor who took back what he said.

He is the one who initiates a lot of the reaction he gets when he constantly is condescending to people who questioned him (and were proven right as the show is obviously not going to air in July nor was it announced when he claimed “we’d be sorry”)

It’s baffling he has fanboys defending this lol
So you would show the names of your sources knowing full well that Toei is watching as well? Judging by how your acting you will and that would lead to those people losing their jobs and then you won't be trusted with any behind the scenes info ever again.

Again his sources aka multiple inside people told him July and logically you should trust your sources over some random person.

I learned of Geekdom just 2 months before the Japan red carpet premiere of Dbs Broly which the entire time he been saying Gogeta would appear and i didn't believe him because i wanted to see Ultra Instinct appear instead yet Geekdom's sources held out and Gogeta was actually in the Movie and UI wasn't and then afterwards he gave some spoilers about Heroes that turned out to be legit. So before trying to be rude try asking how long someone known Geekdom or maybe go back to all of Geekdom's spoilers and count the times he was right and as far as I've seen Geekdom has legit sources and hating on him just because of a delay is ignorant.
It didn't take a genius to work out Gogeta was in the movie and UI Goku wasn't. Hell it was all but confirmed in July 2018 as soon as the first trailer dropped almost 6 months before the movie, with direct confirmation from Bandai that UI Goku wasn't gonna be in the movie and indirect confirmation Gogeta would have a minimum of 2 forms. It was just like UI being silver all over again all someone had to do was fit the pieces together you didn't need a "source" for that and the same here so I don't really think that this counts as a point for Mr.101 considering any average Joe like myself could have figured that shit out without the need of "sources".

Spencer_23
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:16 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Spencer_23 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:58 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:43 pm
Spencer_23 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:24 pm
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:19 pm


I see your point BUT your kind of exaggerating it. Aside from that one tweet where Geekdom snaps at the guy saying he’ll apologize (def an uncalled for response), he wasn’t going around telling people the’d be sorry and shit like that. All the other times he’s mentioned 2uper’s announcement, he’s always stressed that they’re just predictions of his and nothing more. And the other point about him backtracking? I dont see it. The whole video is him restating everything he’s said before. He told us what he had been told, when he thought 2uper would be announced, and that its too late for it to be in July now since the time for announcements has passed. He then proceeds to give potential reasons why 2uper hasn’t been announced despite info that its in production.

I’m guess you are using this definition of backtracking:

”to say that you did not mean something you said earlier or say that you have changed your opinion”

Geekdom did not do this. I think what you’re more annoyed about is him not apologizing. And i think he didn’t apologize for his announcement dates being wrong because he (besides the tweet), never stated they were 100% along with the fact that the July info given to him was seemingly wrong or it was right but changed.

But on the topic of the tweet, yeah it was uncalled for.
The tweet is just one example that’s the general vibe he has always given off, a big reason I don’t watch his videos anymore (outside of this last one to see if he was man enough to say he was wrong, shocker - he wasn’t). This is the same guy who forever would constantly dog people for wanting Broly in Super and claiming “that’s never going to happen” only to again be wrong.

And he definitely has backtracked since for weeks he was saying it was 100% coming in July and now it isn’t lol. When you go around saying it is coming in July, no matter where you heard it from, and then it doesn’t happen, YOU are wrong.

But clearly people will defend anything no matter how delusional, even people they don’t know and who doesn’t know them.
Again, ur using the word backtracking wrong. Your main problem is more than he didn’t apologize and i can understand that problem. But he factually never backtracked. He never once said that he did not mean what he said before.

You are literally only describing him being wrong. Not backtracking. Him saying something will happen and it not happening doesn’t mean he backtracked. All it means is that he was wrong. He doesn’t go back on his word and say he never meant what he said before. In the video he accepts that what he said wasn’t right and proceeds onward.
I’m not using anything wrong. He specifically said it was coming July. Now he is saying he doesn’t know what’s happening. That’s literally backtracking lmao.

But looks like common sense from the 2 Geekdom alts in here doesn’t go very far so have a good day 👍🏼 I’m done talking about a YouTuber lmao

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:02 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:11 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:52 pm
Ssb_goku20 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:14 pm
Spencer_23 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:02 pm



He “literally” did not. He showed blacked out names texting him. Other than that it was 8-9 minutes of info readily available to anyone like the voice actor who took back what he said.

He is the one who initiates a lot of the reaction he gets when he constantly is condescending to people who questioned him (and were proven right as the show is obviously not going to air in July nor was it announced when he claimed “we’d be sorry”)

It’s baffling he has fanboys defending this lol
So you would show the names of your sources knowing full well that Toei is watching as well? Judging by how your acting you will and that would lead to those people losing their jobs and then you won't be trusted with any behind the scenes info ever again.

Again his sources aka multiple inside people told him July and logically you should trust your sources over some random person.

I learned of Geekdom just 2 months before the Japan red carpet premiere of Dbs Broly which the entire time he been saying Gogeta would appear and i didn't believe him because i wanted to see Ultra Instinct appear instead yet Geekdom's sources held out and Gogeta was actually in the Movie and UI wasn't and then afterwards he gave some spoilers about Heroes that turned out to be legit. So before trying to be rude try asking how long someone known Geekdom or maybe go back to all of Geekdom's spoilers and count the times he was right and as far as I've seen Geekdom has legit sources and hating on him just because of a delay is ignorant.
It didn't take a genius to work out Gogeta was in the movie and UI Goku wasn't. Hell it was all but confirmed in July 2018 as soon as the first trailer dropped almost 6 months before the movie, with direct confirmation from Bandai that UI Goku wasn't gonna be in the movie and indirect confirmation Gogeta would have a minimum of 2 forms. It was just like UI being silver all over again all someone had to do was fit the pieces together you didn't need a "source" for that and the same here so I don't really think that this counts as a point for Mr.101 considering any average Joe like myself could have figured that shit out without the need of "sources".
I specifically said that i wanted UI Goku to be in the Movie that's why i didn't believe Gogeta wouldn't be in the Movie. Bandai isn't a source as they are literally a game/toy making company. It's pretty clear that you and the other guy has a specific hate for Geekdom yet love Ajay who states the same thing Geekdom does but you hate or says Geekdom is backtracking and yet Ajay doesn't receive hate. However I'm done here, you and the other guy just reminded me why i left.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7841
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:38 pm

Ssb_goku20 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:32 pm
HeroR wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:26 pm
Ssb_goku20 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:17 pm


Except he has literally made a video about everything he knows and even gave screenshots of his conversations with his sources. Yes i know he should've done it earlier but he did say he was checking his sources again plus he also has health problems right now as well.
That isn’t the problem here. It isn’t about him wrong, not completely, it’s his attitude and him acting mighty when people dare questions him.
He worked hard to get where he is now so him taking offense to his achievement is pretty reasonable.
A lot of people work hard for their success and don’t whine like Geekdom.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7841
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:42 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:38 pm
HeroR wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:26 pm
Ssb_goku20 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:17 pm


Except he has literally made a video about everything he knows and even gave screenshots of his conversations with his sources. Yes i know he should've done it earlier but he did say he was checking his sources again plus he also has health problems right now as well.
That isn’t the problem here. It isn’t about him wrong, not completely, it’s his attitude and him acting mighty when people dare questions him.
In what video does he say “you will apologize to me in May”? I cant find that video or line. Anyways, i feel like that high and mightiness you speak of stems from Geekdom’s confidence on the matter. He’s coming off as high and mighty because he’s super confident in what he’s talking about (since as far as he knew, it was a fact that 2uper was coming in July and he had legit sources on his side). And added onto that confidence in knowing when 2uper would happen, he put confidence that he would be vindicated in May because as he said in a video before, common sense says that 2uper would be announced in May at the very latest (since it would happen in July). And added onto that confidence was his annoyance that despite him at the very least TRYING to be one of the most credible sources (and him having one of the best track records when it comes to DB info/news providers), people still called him and what he was saying bullshit. This all culminated into what you call Geekdom’s high and mightiness when telling others doubting him that he was wrong.

So i understand why Geekdom acted the way he did and I also see your point.
It was in a Twitter that was posted on this very thread.

Again, being a professional is about taking criticism even if it isn’t deserved and understanding that people have the right to question you since Geekdom has been wrong before. But instead of saying ‘I’m confident in my source’, he acted like a whiny child and I don’t respect that.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6196
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:15 pm

Ssb_goku20 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:11 pm
I specifically said that i wanted UI Goku to be in the Movie that's why i didn't believe Gogeta wouldn't be in the Movie. Bandai isn't a source as they are literally a game/toy making company. It's pretty clear that you and the other guy has a specific hate for Geekdom yet love Ajay who states the same thing Geekdom does but you hate or says Geekdom is backtracking and yet Ajay doesn't receive hate. However I'm done here, you and the other guy just reminded me why i left.
I don't hate anyone in particular, nor my previous post was meant to state that. Just showed you that what Youtubers posted as if they were the ones "leaking" them, the subjects were actually in discussion before they could make their videos about it. Also, since you think I hate someone, let me say that there's no actual reason for anyone to defend someone who, like I said in a previous post, makes a mistake and then say "you'll be apologise me in May". As far as I'm concerned, Ajay never acted so pompous, full of himself. And like I said, at the end of the day, it all depends on how you behave, how you handle things. If you don't know how to deal in a situation where you are wrong, and gets offensive, well... Let's just say that the backlash one may get is deserved. Liking someone does not mean you should protect them blindly even when they make a blatant mistake, you should recognize the mistake and advise the person you like.

Once Toei denied the production of a new series, everyone should have just sit their ass on the chairs, those who said something should have apologised for the honest mistake (Ajay did) and waited patiently and quietly for official news. But nope, one (a few?) of them had to "hey take a look at the calendar, it's not even May, prepare to be sorry!" even after Toei's statement. See the difference? The only reason why Ajay is not getting "hate" is because he knows how to deal with the unfortunate situation, the story would probably be different if he didn't. Then again, Ajay shouldn't have created this thread to begin with. I can imagine the temptation to say something when you get statements from people inside Toei, but look at the mess now... We should wait for a public announcement, not some claims even from a couple of people here and there.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:23 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by vashter » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:26 pm

man that boi getting out of hand that geekdom101 on burner account and yet tweeet about kevin durant hmmmmm

RecolorSaiyan
Regular
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:40 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:36 pm

"They are gonna announce at Jump Festa" - nothing happens

"it was a miscommunication, they meant an announcement would come in april for a july anime"

"look out for z anniversary day" - nothing happens

"goku day , its coming" - again nothing

"toei financials day" - nothing

When you are wrong 4 straight times, you lose all credibility.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:23 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by vashter » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:08 am

what I'm scratching my head is how the fuck is those text message ON Mr.101 youtube respond short way to UNDERSTAND his words when they don't speak 100% english?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7841
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:57 am

RecolorSaiyan wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:36 pm
"They are gonna announce at Jump Festa" - nothing happens

"it was a miscommunication, they meant an announcement would come in april for a july anime"

"look out for z anniversary day" - nothing happens

"goku day , its coming" - again nothing

"toei financials day" - nothing

When you are wrong 4 straight times, you lose all credibility.
To be fair, Ajay was the one who mentioned Jump Festa and Goku Day, while Geekdom was more or less on the late April, May train. Neither made a prediction the DVD Z sets or Toei financials, that was more on fans.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:23 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" CONTINUATION - (Non) Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by vashter » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:06 am

HeroR wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:57 am
RecolorSaiyan wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:36 pm
"They are gonna announce at Jump Festa" - nothing happens

"it was a miscommunication, they meant an announcement would come in april for a july anime"

"look out for z anniversary day" - nothing happens

"goku day , its coming" - again nothing

"toei financials day" - nothing

When you are wrong 4 straight times, you lose all credibility.
To be fair, Ajay was the one who mentioned Jump Festa and Goku Day, while Geekdom was more or less on the late April, May train. Neither made a prediction the DVD Z sets or Toei financials, that was more on fans.
Guess you can say that, but I also believe that Geekdom101 getting all that info from Ajay so doesn't take heat but geek will :problem:

Locked