Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:09 pm

Funny enough, Multiverse introduced the idea of the Patara only being permanent for the gods way before even Battle of Gods was a thing. Interesting coincidence. haha

Also this is awesome! The suspense is up there for me, I'm curious if Bra would be taken by surprise or if she's already aware of how Gohan thinks so she'd be able to intercept them both!
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:55 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:09 pm Funny enough, Multiverse introduced the idea of the Patara only being permanent for the gods way before even Battle of Gods was a thing. Interesting coincidence. haha

Also this is awesome! The suspense is up there for me, I'm curious if Bra would be taken by surprise or if she's already aware of how Gohan thinks so she'd be able to intercept them both!
Really? Then how come Vegito is still fused years later?

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:42 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:55 pm
goku the krump dancer wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:09 pm Funny enough, Multiverse introduced the idea of the Patara only being permanent for the gods way before even Battle of Gods was a thing. Interesting coincidence. haha

In the Special chapter about U16 Old Kai enchants the earrings with the a Spell that'll make the potara permanent for that one instance, I forget why exactly though.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:56 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:42 pm

In the Special chapter about U16 Old Kai enchants the earrings with the a Spell that'll make the potara permanent for that one instance, I forget why exactly though.
It wasn't in a special chapter, it was just mentioned at one point after Tapion beat Krillin:http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en ... tml#h_read.
Salagir's comment clarifies the rules they came up with.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:33 pm

New Plan: "Try to survive!"
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:33 pm

coola wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:21 pm Image
Usually good and evil in her and she normally sides with good..... I call BS. And I love how 'she has a little Vegito, that's why she's so messed up'. Right, so why did Trunks come out okay despite being born from Vegeta who was still evil at the time? And when did Bra learn a barrier move that she can put on anyone?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:20 pm

HeroR wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:33 pm
Usually good and evil in her and she normally sides with good..... I call BS. And I love how 'she has a little Vegito, that's why she's so messed up'. Right, so why did Trunks come out okay despite being born from Vegeta who was still evil at the time? And when did Bra learn a barrier move that she can put on anyone?
Maybe Trunks just takes after his mother? Characters pull new moves out of their rear ends all the time in canon material.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:44 am

HeroR wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:33 pm Usually good and evil in her and she normally sides with good..... I call BS.
No, she does. She's just a jerk, that's all. Like, cops are usually on the "side of good", but that doesn't mean they're nice.
And I love how 'she has a little Vegito, that's why she's so messed up'. Right, so why did Trunks come out okay despite being born from Vegeta who was still evil at the time?
Did DBM ever state this was the case? It's a fan theory, but I'm not sure Salagir himself ever came out and said it.
And when did Bra learn a barrier move that she can put on anyone?
She & Vegetto have all sorts of weird techniques. They established that in the fight against Cold-Ginyu.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Brikikoz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brikikoz » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:47 am

Nothing wrong here. People can be "good" as in they are on the same side, but still have terrible personalities. People forget that Vegeta openly hated and disrespected the team in the early Android years. He also smugly dared them to do anything about it, since no one could stop him other than the absent Goku.

Vegito's parenting is very different than Vegeta. By the time Trunks was old enough to talk, Vegeta had mellowed out by then and spent his time around Capsule Corp training. Vegito takes Bra around the galaxy to stop wars and get worshipped for it. It's disingenuous to compare these.

The barrier move fits perfectly with her solid-energy manipulating skills. Which, in themselves, aren't even that different than Gotenks'. Salagir even had to have Vegito point this out for the people who kept crying about it coming out of nowhere.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:35 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:20 pm
Maybe Trunks just takes after his mother? Characters pull new moves out of their rear ends all the time in canon material.
Except when it’s done in canon people asked ‘where the hell you learned that’. It also stands out since Bra pull stuff out of her ass before in the King Cold fight.

I also hate the ‘your DNA decides how mess up you are’ trope. Especially when Bra looks like her mom, so why does she get all the worse traits of Vegito.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:39 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:44 am
HeroR wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:33 pm Usually good and evil in her and she normally sides with good..... I call BS.
No, she does. She's just a jerk, that's all. Like, cops are usually on the "side of good", but that doesn't mean they're nice.
And I love how 'she has a little Vegito, that's why she's so messed up'. Right, so why did Trunks come out okay despite being born from Vegeta who was still evil at the time?
Did DBM ever state this was the case? It's a fan theory, but I'm not sure Salagir himself ever came out and said it.
And when did Bra learn a barrier move that she can put on anyone?
She & Vegetto have all sorts of weird techniques. They established that in the fight against Cold-Ginyu.
She’s a spoil asshole who’s really no different than Buu Saga Vegeta. Her ‘siding with good’ was always questionable at best. And when cops mess up they usually lose their badge or go to jail, neither that has happened to Bra, so poor example.

It was more or less implied in the panel that she’s messed because of Vegito. Parenting or DNA, it’s force since Trunks grew up with an emotional distant father until he was eight and that’s putting it lightly.

More like power as the plot demand.
Brikikoz wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:47 am

Nothing wrong here. People can be "good" as in they are on the same side, but still have terrible personalities. People forget that Vegeta openly hated and disrespected the team in the early Android years. He also smugly dared them to do anything about it, since no one could stop him other than the absent Goku.

Vegito's parenting is very different than Vegeta. By the time Trunks was old enough to talk, Vegeta had mellowed out by then and spent his time around Capsule Corp training. Vegito takes Bra around the galaxy to stop wars and get worshipped for it. It's disingenuous to compare these.

The barrier move fits perfectly with her solid-energy manipulating skills. Which, in themselves, aren't even that different than Gotenks'. Salagir even had to have Vegito point this out for the people who kept crying about it coming out of nowhere.
I didn’t forget at all and that’s my point. Vegeta was a worse person and parent than Vegito, yet Trunks is nowhere near as twisted. Even his arrogance is more childish that he grows more out of than than real ‘I’m the best’ attitude. Vegeta was mellow, but he was emotionally distant to the point that he never hugged Trunks and only ‘played’ with him after sparring in the gravity room. Vegito is more coddling, but Bra has more support since Gohan helped raised her and she’s still worse than Trunks.

Vegito nor Bra is Gotenks who does a bunch a weird crap. You can’t just hand wave ‘oh, they coped this from this character’ and it not come out as force. Especially when it’s after the fact and come off as covering your butt.
Kanassa wrote:

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:18 pm

...You know, one thing I think we might be forgetting?

Bulma wasn't a terribly good person either - Not when she was Bra's age. Like, she grew out of most of her bad habits as the series went on, but... back at the start? Yeah...

Maybe it's not so much that Bra got all of Vegito's worse traits. Maybe it's more she got all of Vegito AND Bulma's worst traits. Like she got Vegito's bloodlust + Vegeta's ruthlesness + Bulma & Vegeta's arrogance + Bulma's spoiled brat thing + Bulma's underhandedness.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:35 am

Fionordequester wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:18 pm ...You know, one thing I think we might be forgetting?

Bulma wasn't a terribly good person either - Not when she was Bra's age. Like, she grew out of most of her bad habits as the series went on, but... back at the start? Yeah...

Maybe it's not so much that Bra got all of Vegito's worse traits. Maybe it's more she got all of Vegito AND Bulma's worst traits. Like she got Vegito's bloodlust + Vegeta's ruthlesness + Bulma & Vegeta's arrogance + Bulma's spoiled brat thing + Bulma's underhandedness.
And nothing of Goku's?

This whole thing of "Bra is really just super duper evil underneath it all" is such a cop out. :thumbdown:

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:21 am

Jackalope89 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:35 am This whole thing of "Bra is really just super duper evil underneath it all" is such a cop out. :thumbdown:
Not really. I tried to think of something, but... There's really not a whole lot of Goku in her. I guess there's maybe her careless attitude in regards to Cold-Ginyu, despite her promise to Universe 19?

Goku just... doesn't really have a whole lot of downsides. He can be careless, he can be very forgetful, and there are SOME times where he can be thoughtless to other peoples' wishes...

But even that last one's more to do with him being kind of a weird dude, rather than any sort of malice on his part. If she's got any of Goku's flaws, she doesn't express them nearly the same way.

TheOverlyMadHatter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOverlyMadHatter » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:21 pm

An impressionable, impulsive, hormonal teenager with a bloated ego because she's the second strongest person in all of her known universe, has always been itching for a challenging fight, rebelling? What a shocking turn of events!

I really don't see why people take issue with Majin Bra. She doesn't have Vegeta's mental fortitude, but she definitely inherited his attitude problem. If anything's she's the perfect target for brainwash. You don't need to be super evil for Babidi's Mind Control to work, just a little for him to get hold of... at least according to East Kaioshin (for what that's worth, anyway.)
dbgtFO wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:56 pm
goku the krump dancer wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:42 pm

It wasn't in a special chapter, it was just mentioned at one point after Tapion beat Krillin:http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en ... tml#h_read.
Salagir's comment clarifies the rules they came up with.
I guesssss, but it's more that, according to DBM canon, Potaras aren't supposed to work on Mortals at all (supposedly, it's blasphamous for Mortals to use these divine tools), hence Old Kaioshin enchanting them to make them work. Salagir's explanation for the defusion is that because Boo absored Kaioshin before, and their essence cancelled the blasphamous fusion. A bit of a stretch, but I like it better than the "Buu's insides sure are strange" explanation we had pre-time limit retcon. But I digress.

So they got the jump on Super for creating restrictions for lower beings, but there was never anything about how they're only permanent for Kaioshin.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:07 pm

My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:20 pm

“Drats!”

Really, Gohan?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:50 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:18 pm ...You know, one thing I think we might be forgetting?

Why would Bra have everyone’s worst traits? Dragon Ball has never submitted to DNA causing people to be good or evil, but it’s more on the environment.
Kanassa wrote:

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:47 am

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:20 pm “Drats!”

Really, Gohan?
I will correct Salagir's English translations for free if he wants.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:33 am

Regarder wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:47 am
Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:20 pm “Drats!”

Really, Gohan?
I will correct Salagir's English translations for free if he wants.
Dear God, it's terrible.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"