Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Noitsnothim
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:27 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Noitsnothim » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:07 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:08 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:02 pm
- WTF? He just sealed or erased Zamasu for good? Also Hearts proclaimed himself as "God-killer"? My gosh, that's so cool :lol:
but I can't grasp the fact that the series is often a hit and miss just like Super, I guess... So I don't know, sometimes I get annoyed by all that mindless fighting, oh well.
Well, technically Zamasu was the first God-killer, since he basically exterminated every kai in the cosmos :P
Correct. Although in Hearts' case it is a more contradicting nature. Zamasu was a god who killed his colleagues for failing him. I think Napoleon said: "do not fear of a competent and skilled opponent, but of a useless ally" and Zamasu sure did his thing.

Hearts is a mortal who just appeared out of nowhere and wants to go against the higher order of beings above him, thus him being a godkiller delivers a greater importance to his cause.
I don't think Hearts isn't just any mortal (My Theory) I originally thought he was a mortal from one of the 6 erased Universes and Fu gave him a second chance which is why Hearts hold a grudge against Zeno and any God Hierarchy (Kaioshins, GODS, Angels) OR he comes from U2 (Helles' Universe) was erased by her for getting rejected by him (LMFAO) Which would mean Hearts is Jiren's Universe Counterpart which would explain why he's so strong

User avatar
SupremeKai25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1449
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:40 am

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:40 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:08 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:02 pm
- WTF? He just sealed or erased Zamasu for good? Also Hearts proclaimed himself as "God-killer"? My gosh, that's so cool :lol:
but I can't grasp the fact that the series is often a hit and miss just like Super, I guess... So I don't know, sometimes I get annoyed by all that mindless fighting, oh well.
Well, technically Zamasu was the first God-killer, since he basically exterminated every kai in the cosmos :P
Correct. Although in Hearts' case it is a more contradicting nature. Zamasu was a god who killed his colleagues for failing him. I think Napoleon said: "do not fear of a competent and skilled opponent, but of a useless ally" and Zamasu sure did his thing.

Hearts is a mortal who just appeared out of nowhere and wants to go against the higher order of beings above him, thus him being a godkiller delivers a greater importance to his cause.
Well obviously there are some differences, but still it's pretty funny how this "God-slayer" is supposed to be a big deal when killing all the gods in the cosmos really isn't that difficult. You've just got to kill off the single supreme kais, who are all pretty weak (except for Zamasu, who was a prodigy).

Then again, I think that Hearts is overrated. He's probably getting killed in the next episode.
"Oh I've learned a lesson. Mortals are even more dangerous than I thought. Know this...Goku...I will never forget you."

Zamasu fan.

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5826
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:08 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:40 am
Grand Marshal 1 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:08 pm
SupremeKai25 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:02 pm


Well, technically Zamasu was the first God-killer, since he basically exterminated every kai in the cosmos :P
Correct. Although in Hearts' case it is a more contradicting nature. Zamasu was a god who killed his colleagues for failing him. I think Napoleon said: "do not fear of a competent and skilled opponent, but of a useless ally" and Zamasu sure did his thing.

Hearts is a mortal who just appeared out of nowhere and wants to go against the higher order of beings above him, thus him being a godkiller delivers a greater importance to his cause.
Well obviously there are some differences, but still it's pretty funny how this "God-slayer" is supposed to be a big deal when killing all the gods in the cosmos really isn't that difficult. You've just got to kill off the single supreme kais, who are all pretty weak (except for Zamasu, who was a prodigy).

Then again, I think that Hearts is overrated. He's probably getting killed in the next episode.
Well his whole deal is he wants to kill Zeno.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5731
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:13 am

So there he is, Gogeta is back after Broly. Hopefully he stays in base form for a longer time, though that's unlikely.

User avatar
Grand Marshal 1
Regular
Posts: 665
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:33 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:21 am

Episode 17 just aired and here is what I though of it.

It was a mediocre episode. No need for hate towards it. It is Heroes. We should know by now. Being honest with you, I enjoy Heroes' fanservice. We start off with Ultimate Godkiller Hearts flexing his power, which makes sense and toying with his enemies, which makes even more sense.

He had an interesting attack which evolved around his "halo" made out of orbs. These unbreakable orbs are sent at massive speed towards his enemies and hit them until they are down. It was funny seeing the group having reduced space and falling on each other.

Many questioned Jiren's relevance (because Hit can be given an excuse let's be real), but I didn't get the feel that he was weak. I believe that after the ToP his overall personality changed to such a degree (not a negative one) in which he doesn't toy with enemies, nor does he unleash his absolute full Power without studying them. He is serious.

I didn't feel like Hearts was as dominant in this fight as in the case of Blue Evolution Vegeta vs Kamioren. I felt like he still had more power, but he is still troubled that his enemies are enough to take him down.

Goku and Vegeta do the logical thing for me. An opponent that they can't fight individually with their power should be fought collectively. It isn't that Gogeta will be invincible (the plot may demand that, however Jiren and the others are still around) but that he will be of greater help, since Goku doesn't know if Ultra Instinct will reactivate again.

And actually not having it activate would be for the best. But they have been teasing the final battle for long soooo...

Anyway, also enjoyed the 5v1 against Hearts. Finally, a big fight! Why couldn't we have more fights like these? I don't think that it is a hyperbole. Jiren and Hit were the tanks, Trunks, Piccolo and 17 acted as backup and assisted. It wasn't as evident in the anime, but the intention was there imo.

I liked Hearts' empowered techniques. And that shot of Jiren and Hit ready to punch together was amazing.

Say what you want, but I enjoy heroes for it's content. Very cool concepts. Although Gohan should also be here at a time like this, unless if they explain something.

And as for Gogeta being in base. What did people expect him to do when appearing? Go Evolution KK×100? Of course he needs to show off in heroes. The next ep will be the juicy stuff. I don't think that anyone will be knocked down and the battle will be amazing!

We also got a "Muda" from Hearts lol
My posts will speak for myself! :)

User avatar
SupremeKai25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1449
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:40 am

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:38 am

So like, can't the Grand Priest just move his ass to Earth and take care of Hearts? Since he felt him at the end of the previous episode.

Whatever, it's Heroes. Don't ask questions.
"Oh I've learned a lesson. Mortals are even more dangerous than I thought. Know this...Goku...I will never forget you."

Zamasu fan.

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1573
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:13 am

makes sense that Hearts is this overpowered to the point Jiren isnt cutting it (no one is). it took MUI Goku to beat kamioren, who had an incomplete Universe seed. tho like i said before, Heroes doesnt have consistent power scaling. if Gogeta blue beats hearts, it doesnt mean fusion dance >>>>>>> Potara, it just means that during that time, Gogeta was stronger than vegito at another point in time.

i like how Goku actually shows confidence in the power of both UI and Gogeta in this episode. i also believe its the first time UI and fusion have been in the same sentence in any medium. correct?

User avatar
Grand Marshal 1
Regular
Posts: 665
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:33 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:26 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:13 am
makes sense that Hearts is this overpowered to the point Jiren isnt cutting it (no one is). it took MUI Goku to beat kamioren, who had an incomplete Universe seed. tho like i said before, Heroes doesnt have consistent power scaling. if Gogeta blue beats hearts, it doesnt mean fusion dance >>>>>>> Potara, it just means that during that time, Gogeta was stronger than vegito at another point in time.

i like how Goku actually shows confidence in the power of both UI and Gogeta in this episode. i also believe its the first time UI and fusion have been in the same sentence in any medium. correct?
Again, I still stand my ground about MUI=Blue fusion of any kind. Simple and makes sense.

As for your statement on the sentence, yes, not even in Broly did Goku indicate anything to Ultra Instinct. Heroes is bad in scaling but some things are worth keeping. Which is why in the next ep, I want to see how Jiren (an MUI level being) will react to Gogeta's power. Going Blue is the only rational thing to do at this point.

I mean, even Zamasu was still a fusion. He was nerfed a little, but Gogeta Blue should perform very well against Hearts and still not be enough. MUI Goku and SFP/LB Jiren should team up while Hit has encased Hearts in a time cage, to defeat him. Also I need more of the 5v1. A combined technique would be excellent to bring Hearts down and let the Grand Priest rest.

On top of those, Trunks finally awakening SS2 Rage, Piccolo unleashing a Special Beam Cannon and 17 containing Hearts (while in a time cage) within a barrier would be an op attack for sure, but imo the best way to bring him down. Vegeta and Trunks can deal a final flash before Jiren and Goku go for the kill.
My posts will speak for myself! :)

User avatar
Zamasu55
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1699
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:48 am

This is the same Gogeta that beat Janemba anyway, it's not the "canon" one.

User avatar
Grand Marshal 1
Regular
Posts: 665
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:33 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:27 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:48 am
This is the same Gogeta that beat Janemba anyway, it's not the "canon" one.
What are you talking about? This one is clearly a reference to Gogeta:Super. Z Gogeta had an orange vest. He was a precursor to GT Gogeta. But Gogeta:Super and Gogeta:Xeno have yellow vests.

This is the fusion dance and from the expressions of Goku, Vegeta and Piccolo it is clear that they refer to the dance they executed in Broly. Not to mention that the art style of this Gogeta is the same as Shintani's, of course in Yamamuro's style.

The old movies aren't Canon to the Super timeline. The Prison Planet and then Universe Conflict sagas both take place after the ToP and apparently after Broly, as Vegeta knows the dance, but he didn't in the ToP, which was just before, thus debunking the fact that he was aware of it since the Buu saga and Fusion Reborn.
My posts will speak for myself! :)

User avatar
Zamasu55
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1699
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:56 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:27 am
Zamasu55 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:48 am
This is the same Gogeta that beat Janemba anyway, it's not the "canon" one.
What are you talking about? This one is clearly a reference to Gogeta:Super. Z Gogeta had an orange vest. He was a precursor to GT Gogeta. But Gogeta:Super and Gogeta:Xeno have yellow vests.

This is the fusion dance and from the expressions of Goku, Vegeta and Piccolo it is clear that they refer to the dance they executed in Broly. Not to mention that the art style of this Gogeta is the same as Shintani's, of course in Yamamuro's style.

The old movies aren't Canon to the Super timeline. The Prison Planet and then Universe Conflict sagas both take place after the ToP and apparently after Broly, as Vegeta knows the dance, but he didn't in the ToP, which was just before, thus debunking the fact that he was aware of it since the Buu saga and Fusion Reborn.
DB Super Broly isn't a thing in this series. Plus, the old movies are canon considering that Cooler, Bojack and Hatchiyak all appear.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6028
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:59 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:56 am

DB Super Broly isn't a thing in this series.
Except it is? The whole Prison Planet/Multiverse Warriors shit has been following Super. They even reference it in this.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5731
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:29 am

People: "ThIS iS HeRoEs AnYwAy"

Also people: "This is the same Gogeta from Movie 12, even though he comes from a Goku who uses Ultra Instinct (Dragon Ball Super) and Vegeta who uses Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution (Dragon Ball Super). Plus, the movies are canon because characters appear".

It's ironic and very funny how they try to say/imply Heroes has no logic and then show to everyone who really has no logic. :lol:
Grand Marshal 1 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:21 am
And as for Gogeta being in base. What did people expect him to do when appearing? Go Evolution KK×100?


One could expect Super Saiyan Gogeta and no base at all. Which has been a thing for decades now.

User avatar
Xeogran
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1894
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 am
Contact:

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:17 pm

Man, now we have to wait until December to see the actual fight :cry:

I hope it pays off with Ep. 13 tier animation

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5826
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:28 pm

What I want to see happen:

Gogeta starts losing

Hit: Hey Jiren, let's try that same dance they did

Enter HIREN
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
SupremeKai25
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1449
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:40 am

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:06 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:29 am
People: "ThIS iS HeRoEs AnYwAy"

Also people: "This is the same Gogeta from Movie 12, even though he comes from a Goku who uses Ultra Instinct (Dragon Ball Super) and Vegeta who uses Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution (Dragon Ball Super). Plus, the movies are canon because characters appear".

It's ironic and very funny how they try to say/imply Heroes has no logic and then show to everyone who really has no logic. :lol:
Grand Marshal 1 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:21 am
And as for Gogeta being in base. What did people expect him to do when appearing? Go Evolution KK×100?


One could expect Super Saiyan Gogeta and no base at all. Which has been a thing for decades now.
It's almost like people are not a hivemind :thinking
"Oh I've learned a lesson. Mortals are even more dangerous than I thought. Know this...Goku...I will never forget you."

Zamasu fan.

User avatar
Zamasu55
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1699
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:13 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:59 am
Zamasu55 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:56 am

DB Super Broly isn't a thing in this series.
Except it is? The whole Prison Planet/Multiverse Warriors shit has been following Super. They even reference it in this.
It happens after the ToP arc.

User avatar
Noitsnothim
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 321
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:27 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Noitsnothim » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:24 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:13 pm
Kanassa wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:59 am
Zamasu55 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:56 am

DB Super Broly isn't a thing in this series.
Except it is? The whole Prison Planet/Multiverse Warriors shit has been following Super. They even reference it in this.
It happens after the ToP arc.
Dude...are you seriously tryna piss people off? you know very damn well this takes place (Technically in their canon) after the Broly movie since Goku knows of Gogeta

Here's Terez' subbed version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3JOjcPpK7E so you can review for yourself

User avatar
Zamasu55
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1699
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:07 am

Noitsnothim wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:24 pm
Zamasu55 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:13 pm
Kanassa wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:59 am


Except it is? The whole Prison Planet/Multiverse Warriors shit has been following Super. They even reference it in this.
It happens after the ToP arc.
Dude...are you seriously tryna piss people off? you know very damn well this takes place (Technically in their canon) after the Broly movie since Goku knows of Gogeta

Here's Terez' subbed version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3JOjcPpK7E so you can review for yourself
Goku knows of Gogeta because they fused against Janemba.

Cooler appears. Bojack appears (in the arcade game). Movies are canon here, so Janemba happened.

Broly is not mentioned. Also this series started before DBS Broly was even made.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6028
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: Official "Super DB Heroes 2018 Promotional Anime" Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:58 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:07 am
Noitsnothim wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:24 pm
Zamasu55 wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:13 pm


It happens after the ToP arc.
Dude...are you seriously tryna piss people off? you know very damn well this takes place (Technically in their canon) after the Broly movie since Goku knows of Gogeta

Here's Terez' subbed version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3JOjcPpK7E so you can review for yourself
Goku knows of Gogeta because they fused against Janemba.

Cooler appears. Bojack appears (in the arcade game). Movies are canon here, so Janemba happened.

Broly is not mentioned. Also this series started before DBS Broly was even made.
This arc, however, started after Broly was in production enough for there to be promotional units. Also, Bojack appears, yet Trunks doesn't recognize him and Vegeta recognises Cooler (who in a Cooler who has never met Goku or Vegeta) by reputation rather than experience, because they're the Super continuity's versions fo Trunks and Vegeta. Goku knows of Gogeta because they fused to fight Broly. Everything is canon to Heroes, but everything si also it's own timeline. This is Super's timeline.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Post Reply