"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Rakurai
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1258
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 pm
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:32 am

Dragotaker wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:04 am
For Vegeta, he would never allow it to be done with the ritual out of pride, pretty sure he said so himself in that movie, Gohan was never a fighter at heart like Goku so i'm sure it doesn't even crossed his mind, even when they needed him for the ToP he was always about becoming stronger on a different route with the Ultimate form, Goten and Trunks are kids in DBS and their parents never wanted them to fight in the first place so performing the God ritual on them was out of the question, in Heroes all of them other than Pan are adults and for the enemy they have right now they need as much power as possible but of course at the end of the day marketing in the right answer but at least it makes sense in Super, call it headcannon or whatever but the part about Vegeta was certainly true i'm sure.
Pretty sure I recall Vegeta saying that next time it would be his turn to do the ritual at the end of the BoG film, before Goku teased him about "mah Bulma!" And let's be real, DBS Gohan being stronger on a diff route was just pure plot convenience, this is the guy who literally sat through another god ritual to get his potential unlocked... a 2nd time.

Gohan might be willing but he already has SS4 and again I don't think you can stack the forms together. Unless they bring back the "Saiyan beyond god" mechanic but I doubt it since it's been superseded by the popularity of the SSG form.

I don't see anything stopping Goten from getting it tho. SSG XGotenks sounds underwhelming as the next anniv. secret character but you never know.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

User avatar
Rakurai
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1258
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 pm
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:44 am

Oops, I said SSG doesn't stack on top of SS transformations but SSB is literally SSG + SS... :crazy:

But SDBH is not gonna start stacking SSG + SS4 forms off the bat for sure.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 253
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 4:51 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Majin Demigra » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:24 am

Rakurai wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:32 am
Dragotaker wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:11 pm
This is a bit off topic but i had a dream last night where Xeno Pan became SSG in one of the game new missions and if that wasn't crazy enough she was still a child just like she is now, i also remember something funny about how she was only available for limited time i'm guessing her card maybe??? lol anyway since i haven't seen this anywhere before but was any reason given in why can't they use the Saiyan God ritual with each other?? like Trunks did just now thanks to the fact there were other 5 saiyans besides him that could do it, so what is stopping them to use it again but this time for let's say Goten or even Goku, Vegeta or Gohan who i know already have SS4 but wouldn't hurt them to have that extra power right???
Same reason why the ritual wasn’t performed on Vegeta, Gohan, Goten, or Trunks in DBS either. Marketing.

Also SSG doesn’t stack on top of SS transformations. So it’d be pointless for the trio to get it.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:15 pm
Trunks achieving SSG out for sheer dumb luck is the most amusing change the manga could've make.
Agree. The funniest part is that they didn’t even need their SS states unlike in BoG (not that it was a requirement in the 1st place). They were literally “Trunks we’re hurt so take some of my power” and boom done.

Imagine if this is how SSG was introduced to the franchise. Fans would be calling this the biggest asspull of all time. :lol:
I'm still wondering why Chronoa didn't have it preformed on everyone if she already knew about it

User avatar
Rakurai
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1258
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 pm
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:10 am

Majin Demigra wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:24 am

I'm still wondering why Chronoa didn't have it preformed on everyone if she already knew about it
Well I mean, why didn’t Old Kaioshin unlock everyone’s potential? Why didn’t Robel shoot Blutz waves at everyone? Why don’t they teach Pan how to become a SS? Why don’t XGoku & XVegeta fight fused all the time, since they can just fuse immediately with Potaras?

SDBH can’t just release the entire Time Patrol as SSGs at once. SDBH as much as we like to think of it as “anything goes” doesn’t work this way.

Every time we have the means for a SSG ritual, only one person is allowed to get it. Seems like that’s the unspoken rule.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6204
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:12 am

Rakurai wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:44 am
Oops, I said SSG doesn't stack on top of SS transformations but SSB is literally SSG + SS... :crazy:
No, it is Super Saiyan + Super Saiyan God power/god Ki. Seems Super Saiyan forms can't be stacked with other forms or we'd have seen it by now, I guess.

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:53 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:44 am
Oops, I said SSG doesn't stack on top of SS transformations but SSB is literally SSG + SS... :crazy:

But SDBH is not gonna start stacking SSG + SS4 forms off the bat for sure.
stacking ssj4 on top of ssg is literally 3 levels above ssb, i doubt they would ever do such a thing anyways.

User avatar
Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:46 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragotaker » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:53 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:32 am
Dragotaker wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:04 am
For Vegeta, he would never allow it to be done with the ritual out of pride, pretty sure he said so himself in that movie, Gohan was never a fighter at heart like Goku so i'm sure it doesn't even crossed his mind, even when they needed him for the ToP he was always about becoming stronger on a different route with the Ultimate form, Goten and Trunks are kids in DBS and their parents never wanted them to fight in the first place so performing the God ritual on them was out of the question, in Heroes all of them other than Pan are adults and for the enemy they have right now they need as much power as possible but of course at the end of the day marketing in the right answer but at least it makes sense in Super, call it headcannon or whatever but the part about Vegeta was certainly true i'm sure.
Pretty sure I recall Vegeta saying that next time it would be his turn to do the ritual at the end of the BoG film, before Goku teased him about "mah Bulma!" And let's be real, DBS Gohan being stronger on a diff route was just pure plot convenience, this is the guy who literally sat through another god ritual to get his potential unlocked... a 2nd time.

Gohan might be willing but he already has SS4 and again I don't think you can stack the forms together. Unless they bring back the "Saiyan beyond god" mechanic but I doubt it since it's been superseded by the popularity of the SSG form.

I don't see anything stopping Goten from getting it tho. SSG XGotenks sounds underwhelming as the next anniv. secret character but you never know.
Well it's not like they are that many characters left that could reallisticaly get a SSG or SS4 for the first time as part of the anniverdary, so unless they decide to use Trunks again for the SS4 they missed this time i can only think of Goten as far as the Heroes side goes, Cumber we thought would be a slam dunk but he is been gone for a while now, i guess King Vegeta could be a future option if they decide move him up the ranks a bit but as of now he is below Goten who at least gets to appear in the current storyline.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 253
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 4:51 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Majin Demigra » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:11 pm

I wonder what they'll do when they run out of forms to give to the Saiyans.

Maybe there's hope for Red-Eyed or Blue-Eyed Piccolo

User avatar
Rakurai
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1258
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 pm
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:00 pm

Happy New Year everyone! Here's to another year of successful SDBH and many more.
Grimlock wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:12 am
Rakurai wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:44 am
Oops, I said SSG doesn't stack on top of SS transformations but SSB is literally SSG + SS... :crazy:
No, it is Super Saiyan + Super Saiyan God power/god Ki.
? What's the difference? SSG is literally just god ki.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6204
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:59 pm

The difference is that the transformation itself is not part of the mix. Also, I wouldn't simplify/sum up transformations to the point it is just the power they provide. Transformation is both "the power it provides" and the physical change. We can't just take one of them out of equation and say it is "literally" just the other one, obviously isn't.

User avatar
Dragotaker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:46 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragotaker » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:17 pm

Majin Demigra wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:11 pm
I wonder what they'll do when they run out of forms to give to the Saiyans.

Maybe there's hope for Red-Eyed or Blue-Eyed Piccolo
Probably not for a very long time if ever, not many relevants left but they are still introducing new saiyans even now, the latest mostly from Super which means they probably can't get too crazy with them with all that thing about introducing things that could alter the canon lineage but with Piccolo he could or not have a new form but they wouldn't use it for something like the anniversary to be introduced.

User avatar
Rakurai
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1258
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 pm
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:36 pm

Grimlock wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:59 pm
The difference is that the transformation itself is not part of the mix. Also, I wouldn't simplify/sum up transformations to the point it is just the power they provide. Transformation is both "the power it provides" and the physical change. We can't just take one of them out of equation and say it is "literally" just the other one, obviously isn't.
I think you’re being superfluous. SSG = Saiyan using god ki. That’s what the series literally tell us. It also tells us SSB = SSGSS = SSG + SS
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6204
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:08 am

Maybe. Then again, I have been misinterpreted for using the wrong words and for omitting them here. So when you say "literally", you imply it is indeed two transformations being used at the same time/on top of one another, when it isn't. It's just Super Saiyan with the power from another form. Anyway.

User avatar
Rakurai
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1258
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 pm
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:28 am

Grimlock wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:08 am
Maybe. Then again, I have been misinterpreted for using the wrong words and for omitting them here. So when you say "literally", you imply it is indeed two transformations being used at the same time/on top of one another, when it isn't. It's just Super Saiyan with the power from another form. Anyway.
When I say 'literally,' I mean this is what the series has told us. The power of SSG transforming into a SS. SSG Goku going SS. I honestly don't think there's any difference between the two. It's all just semantics in the end.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 253
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 4:51 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Majin Demigra » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:14 pm

I wonder how they're going to explain Tokitoki's "God Bird" form

User avatar
Rakurai
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1258
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 pm
Contact:

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:06 am

Finished the remainder of UVM5 side mission translations. Not much new, just how the Xeno duo destroyed Fuu's lab and Ozotto escaped the Prison Planet with the DBs, with FTrunks failing to stop him.

UVM12 should come out soon, and hopefully YT videos of the mission with it. We'll finally see how all of this concludes.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6077
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:01 am

Rakurai wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:06 am
Finished the remainder of UVM5 side mission translations. Not much new, just how the Xeno duo destroyed Fuu's lab and Ozotto escaped the Prison Planet with the DBs, with FTrunks failing to stop him.

UVM12 should come out soon, and hopefully YT videos of the mission with it. We'll finally see how all of this concludes.
I forgot, did Ozotto escape after eating Legass or get defeated?

Prediction for UVM based off what we know about Big Bang is that it will end with Fuu pulling one over on Hearts and Mecha by causing the big bang he's been after and thus creating a new timeline that's a combination of both storylines (the new world the advertising was talking about) which either stuns the villains or outright defeats them.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
MisteryOne
Regular
Posts: 642
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:27 am
Location: Spain

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MisteryOne » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:14 pm

I just realized that Bardock and King Vegeta have not even showed up for the end of this whole thing, have they?
Kanassa wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:01 am
Rakurai wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:06 am
Finished the remainder of UVM5 side mission translations. Not much new, just how the Xeno duo destroyed Fuu's lab and Ozotto escaped the Prison Planet with the DBs, with FTrunks failing to stop him.

UVM12 should come out soon, and hopefully YT videos of the mission with it. We'll finally see how all of this concludes.
I forgot, did Ozotto escape after eating Legass or get defeated?

Prediction for UVM based off what we know about Big Bang is that it will end with Fuu pulling one over on Hearts and Mecha by causing the big bang he's been after and thus creating a new timeline that's a combination of both storylines (the new world the advertising was talking about) which either stuns the villains or outright defeats them.
I know I shouldn't hold my breath for anything too crazy, but honestly such a timeline would have so many posibilities... And the Hakaishins appeared on that promo shot too, I wonder if they would actually do something for once? Even if they don't the Time Patrol interacting with "normal" Goku and Vegeta can still be interesting (and it will drive some people crazy once the power comparisons between them start...), and Ozotto and Cooler are still around (maybe Cumber too? I still believe we will see a Metal upgrade for him).

I wanted Hearts and Mechikaboola to interact at first but I guess they wouldn't get along anyways so it's probably for the best that they are keep separated. I do wonder if Mechikaboola is really going to get killed here tho, I can see that happening to Hearts but Mechi has been the main big bad of DBH since the Super thing started so I can see them just sealing him away (with Trunks' new sword?) and have him reappear in a few years or something. With Fuu, Ozotto and potentially Demigra we already have enough antagonists for now.

Anyways, with Fuu interfering or not my prediction is pretty much the same, Hearts supposedly has enough power to destroy Zeno (or was it to create a new universe too? Either way is a dumb overstimation seeing how Gogeta Blue handles him) and Mechikaboola literally absorbed a black hole, so their powers clashing somehow seems like a good excuse to merge the two storylines.
Be warned: my opinions are usually shit and I write on mobile. Deadly combination.

English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 253
Joined: Sat May 20, 2017 4:51 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Majin Demigra » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:02 pm

I completely forgot that Zamasu went up against GoD Toppo and wasn't erased. His immortality is really something.

ankokudaishogun
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 754
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:07 pm

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:19 pm

Majin Demigra wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:02 pm
I completely forgot that Zamasu went up against GoD Toppo and wasn't erased. His immortality is really something.
you forget even Golden Freeza managed to survive Toppo's Hakai.

Now: while it's realistic Toppo didn't use his full power to avoid killing Freeza, Fused Zamas is still able to go toe-to-toe with Vegetto Blue.

He's MUCH stronger than Golden Freeza. He likely didn't need immortality to deal with Toppo... especially because IIRC he was fighting alongside Cumber and Hearts

Post Reply