Quick question for VegettoEX

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Guitar Rock
Banned

Quick question for VegettoEX

Post by Guitar Rock » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:47 am

Hey! I'm new here and I just wanted to ask someone a quick question. Do you think that once Viz has completely released the DB and DBZ gn's, that they could possibly release the kanzenban? Thoughts as to why or why not?
Chrono Trigger was, is, and will be still, the best game ever!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:58 am

I have absolutely no idea. I'm not so sure they'd want to... they've already got two versions of SOME of the books out there already, some of which are even still being sold in stores (the original larger ones vs the SJ releases)...

Really don't want to further confuse the kiddies with a THIRD version...

Maybe eventually down the line, but I dunno. What's interesting is that they're obviously licensing the new kanzenban cover art (it's been appearing in their monthly Shonen Jump as posters), so it'll be interesting to find out, years from now, if they use the original manga ending or the new one that Toriyama did...

So, basically... I have no idea! But I can write a couple paragraphs and restate some facts, and it makes me look halfway intelligent. That's kinda neat.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Guitar Rock
Banned

Post by Guitar Rock » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:04 pm

I personally think (about the ending issue) that they should use the old ending and then right behind it (or possibly in the back of the chapter page gallery) put the new ending also. Sort of like a bonus or something. And maybe put it in color also? (Highly unlikely though)
Chrono Trigger was, is, and will be still, the best game ever!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:06 pm

BTW, I only kept this one open because you posted a valid question. Doesn't change the fact that your entire IP is about to be banned.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::