"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Neo-Makaiōshin
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1986
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:31 pm
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:52 pm

Lore is NOT story, and it never was, and you should stop spreading this nonsense.
Content is NOT substance.
Bunch of characters doing stuff do NOT make an esemble cast.
Secondary characters are secondary, they do NOT deserve or are entitled to having more screen time.
Fandom Lacks Critical Thinking and is Easily Impressionable with Surface Level Content.

Kataphrut
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1476
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:41 am

Cold Skin wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:50 pm
EDIT: As far as Tournaments of Power go, I can manage the first three ones. Then suddenly, at the fourth one (infinite sparkings), I get wrecked: the CPU doesn't even let me breathe and combos me to death and it regenerates its health at the speed of light compared to me!

Seriously, his sparking regenerative abilities are ten times faster than mine when I have only one character left even when he has all three characters left! It regenerates a quarter of a gauge in 3 seconds: Talk about unfair.

The difficulty curve is so sudden. You can manage all fights of all three first tournaments, then suddenly it's impossible to beat even the first opponent of the fourth edition, since its awesome sparking is so unfair compared to your poor "barely makes a difference" sparking.
Don't make a variation that gloats about how sparking is infinite giving you new opportunities when it actually gives your opponent a ten-times better sparking, effectively throwing you into unfair fights!
Yeah, that caught me off guard as well. The trick was realising a) To spark right away because there isn't much difference between lvl 1 and lvl 3 spark if the timer is permanent and b) Permanent sparking timer means permanent Golden Freeza.

The AI is still crap in this game. No inflated stats like in arcade mode (yet), but they love their impossible confirms into super.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:16 pm

Goichi announced that his new team is

Kefla
Bardock
Frieza

Oh my LOOOOOOOOORD!!!

gasazi
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:34 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by gasazi » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:07 pm

the meta is gonna completely flip on its head. i hope more people play 18 with her new assists i know the barrier held a lot of people back from thinking shes viable. her grab is usable too now shes so OD

Nightbane
Newbie
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:43 am

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nightbane » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:48 am

gasazi wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:07 pm
the meta is gonna completely flip on its head. i hope more people play 18 with her new assists i know the barrier held a lot of people back from thinking shes viable. her grab is usable too now shes so OD
Unfortunately 18 is gonna be used much less unless the minor buffs she got helped, the removal of the snapback meta kind of killed her even with the new assists and buffs.

Kataphrut
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1476
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:13 am

Nickolaidas wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:16 pm
Goichi announced that his new team is

Kefla
Bardock
Frieza

Oh my LOOOOOOOOORD!!!
You know first day hype and all, I'm sure he'll eventually revise, but holy shit I went from having two losers backed up by Super Saiyan 2m, to having 2/3rds of a pro team, including my main. Is this how people who actually like GT felt last season?

I've already gotten some sick Golden Freeza comebacks, I think I've already doubled the number of times I've ever used that since the season started. I wish his assists were better, not a fan of the pillar or the ball, both are tough to extend combos off. I might stick with the ball for now, just because it works slightly better in neutral. Kefla is a lot of fun and she can do some really cool things that I'm looking forward to experimenting with using Hit's C assist.

User avatar
Zamasu55
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1772
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:38 pm

https://youtu.be/hs11yAHVGdA

The blue one's probably Omega. No clue about the following green one, but the last one HAS to be Roshi.

User avatar
Bryesque
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bryesque » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:05 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:38 pm
https://youtu.be/hs11yAHVGdA

The blue one's probably Omega. No clue about the following green one, but the last one HAS to be Roshi.
No real speculation on the blue one, but to respond to the video: I feel like "Royal Blue" Vegeta and Maijin Vegeta wouldn't be distinctive enough compared to the other versions in the roster? Considering SSB and SSJ Vegeta already exist, and they'd be pretty slight variants to those, visually speaking. Omega Shenron is a decent possibility. Though I'd also dig Whis as a playable character, if they can pull off his style in this kind of game.

For green, as much as I'd like Ribrianne, but I'm gonna guess Piccolo Daimao. I feel like original DB is getting a bit of attention in merchandising lately (especially the SH Figuarts line) and he could be a fun entry.

And the yellowish one had better be Roshi.

User avatar
mute_proxy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1099
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Planet 4032-877

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mute_proxy » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:04 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:38 pm
https://youtu.be/hs11yAHVGdA

The blue one's probably Omega. No clue about the following green one, but the last one HAS to be Roshi.
High chance those three colors mean nothing and are placeholders. Last season we had a brown and a pinkish background. When Goku GT and Janemba were added those colors became blue and dark grey. The only colors that didn't change were for Broly and Gogeta, but they were announced at the very start of the season.

User avatar
MCDaveG
I Live Here
Posts: 4747
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:04 am

Kefla is awesome visually, I love her ultimate, but as with Super Broly, doesn't suit my play style.
So far, I don't regret any money spent on this game so far, as it is so much fun!
I can't wait for the next DLC reveals and would love to try UI Goku.

My predictions so far:
Blue: Some character
Green: Some character
Yellow: Some character
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

User avatar
Cold Skin
I Live Here
Posts: 2279
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: France

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:03 am

As mute_proxy stated, these colors may actually change in due time, so they're not 100% guaranteed to represent anything.

However, if they happen to be definitive somehow, we can already infer that the blue one may be Omega Shenron, because let me remind you the sound files already hint at his presence with a line from Gogeta that was used against him in GT.

So you can already take one of the three remaining DLCs out as it will likely be Omega Shenron.

Then, another thing to consider is that they apparently want to have Dramatic Finishes for at least the end of most major sagas, and especially for the end of all TV series. They even added one to show the end of the ToP arc while the characters were already there for a long time. Hence Omega Shenron as the final enemy for GT Goku's Dramatic Finish and the fact of having one villain representing villain - the last one ending the series unsurprisingly.

If we go by that theory, then the green one would be Demon King Piccolo so that we have the iconic ending to Goku's childhood (even though it was not the ending of the original DB per say). But that seems fishy to me since he wouldn't look that distinctive from Piccolo.

The last one in yellow could easily be Master Roshi, since he's the only one missing from the ToP Dragon Team in the game right now, and he had important moments in both the DBS anime (which is taken in account in the various games) and the DBS manga (which is never taken in account).

So, it could be:
- Omega Shenron (completes the GT set of one hero and one enemy and shows the end of the series).
- Demon King Piccolo (puts one original DB enemy and shows the end of Goku's childhood, representing the end of original DB even though it's actually not accurate since there was still the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai afterwards, but hey...).
- Master Roshi (puts one legitimate original DB ally that is not just a tweaked GT illusion and completes the ToP warriors set - which is the most recent arc shown in a main TV series).

User avatar
Zamasu55
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1772
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:26 pm

Bryesque wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:05 pm
Zamasu55 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:38 pm
https://youtu.be/hs11yAHVGdA

The blue one's probably Omega. No clue about the following green one, but the last one HAS to be Roshi.
No real speculation on the blue one, but to respond to the video: I feel like "Royal Blue" Vegeta and Maijin Vegeta wouldn't be distinctive enough compared to the other versions in the roster? Considering SSB and SSJ Vegeta already exist, and they'd be pretty slight variants to those, visually speaking. Omega Shenron is a decent possibility. Though I'd also dig Whis as a playable character, if they can pull off his style in this kind of game.

For green, as much as I'd like Ribrianne, but I'm gonna guess Piccolo Daimao. I feel like original DB is getting a bit of attention in merchandising lately (especially the SH Figuarts line) and he could be a fun entry.

And the yellowish one had better be Roshi.
Omega was leaked a while back, it's certainly him. The blue background fits perfectly with the Dragon Balls he absorbed.

The green one could also be Ribrianne.

User avatar
Zamasu55
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1772
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:26 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:04 am
Zamasu55 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:38 pm
https://youtu.be/hs11yAHVGdA

The blue one's probably Omega. No clue about the following green one, but the last one HAS to be Roshi.
High chance those three colors mean nothing and are placeholders. Last season we had a brown and a pinkish background. When Goku GT and Janemba were added those colors became blue and dark grey. The only colors that didn't change were for Broly and Gogeta, but they were announced at the very start of the season.
Still, they matched the characters.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:36 am

Something else I'd like to say.

Each S3 character costs 4 bucks.

The S3 character pack costs 20 bucks. Which means you don't save anything by buying the pack. (5 chars x 4 bucks = 20 bucks)

Both previous packs (S1, S2) had you save money by buying the pack.

The S3 store page mentions 'no less than 5 characters'.

… That's a strange wording, isn't it? Why not say just '5 characters'? Why say it in a way that can be interpreted as '5 characters MINIMUM?' Why charge the pack as much as it would cost to buy each character separately?

My guess? There's a sixth character coming up, which will be announced as 'free' for those who bought the pack, probably announced at the end of the 3rd World Tour.

User avatar
mute_proxy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1099
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:09 am
Location: Planet 4032-877

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:05 am

Nickolaidas wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:36 am
Something else I'd like to say.

Each S3 character costs 4 bucks.

The S3 character pack costs 20 bucks. Which means you don't save anything by buying the pack. (5 chars x 4 bucks = 20 bucks)

Both previous packs (S1, S2) had you save money by buying the pack.

The S3 store page mentions 'no less than 5 characters'.

… That's a strange wording, isn't it? Why not say just '5 characters'? Why say it in a way that can be interpreted as '5 characters MINIMUM?' Why charge the pack as much as it would cost to buy each character separately?

My guess? There's a sixth character coming up, which will be announced as 'free' for those who bought the pack, probably announced at the end of the 3rd World Tour.
The wording was the same for each season pass and you do save money with Season 3 pass.

In the UK PSN store Season 1 costs 28.99 GBP. One character costs 3.99 GBP, multiplying by 8, that's 31.92. You save 2.93 GBP;

Season 2 costs 19.99 GBP. 6 characters multiplied is 23.94. You save 3.95 GBP;

Season 3 costs 15.99 GBP. 5 characters multiplied is 19.95. You save 3.96 GBP. You get a free character more or less.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:21 am

mute_proxy wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:05 am
Nickolaidas wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:36 am
Something else I'd like to say.

Each S3 character costs 4 bucks.

The S3 character pack costs 20 bucks. Which means you don't save anything by buying the pack. (5 chars x 4 bucks = 20 bucks)

Both previous packs (S1, S2) had you save money by buying the pack.

The S3 store page mentions 'no less than 5 characters'.

… That's a strange wording, isn't it? Why not say just '5 characters'? Why say it in a way that can be interpreted as '5 characters MINIMUM?' Why charge the pack as much as it would cost to buy each character separately?

My guess? There's a sixth character coming up, which will be announced as 'free' for those who bought the pack, probably announced at the end of the 3rd World Tour.
The wording was the same for each season pass and you do save money with Season 3 pass.

In the UK PSN store Season 1 costs 28.99 GBP. One character costs 3.99 GBP, multiplying by 8, that's 31.92. You save 2.93 GBP;

Season 2 costs 19.99 GBP. 6 characters multiplied is 23.94. You save 3.95 GBP;

Season 3 costs 15.99 GBP. 5 characters multiplied is 19.95. You save 3.96 GBP. You get a free character more or less.
Huh. When paying with euro, the pack is 20 euros and Kefla was charged 4 euros.

User avatar
Tai Lung
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1410
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:55 pm

Image

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13288
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:01 am

So, I guess these things aren't planned very part ahead of schedule? Kind of sucks. I'm already looking forward to Gokuu and finding out who is filling the next three slots. Super Yi Xing Long, Gogeta 4 and...who else?
She/Her | Bisexual | Fujoshi | ur mom

Kataphrut
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1476
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:12 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:04 am

I don't know how worthwhile it is to speculate on these, since I think they ended up changing last time. But that shade of blue looks like it could be Omega Shenron's embedded Dragon Balls. I'm not personally keen on him, but considering the alternative for that colour would be Sparkle Vegeta, I'll sing his praises if he gets in. Dabura would be alright.

Green is tough. I've seen a few suggest Pikkon, my personal hope would be for Piccolo Daimao or Ribrianne. I'd love for yellow to be Roshi, Baby is also an outside chance, but I don't see him getting in if Omega does.

User avatar
Tai Lung
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1410
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:27 am

maybe

Image

Post Reply