Japanese Closed Captions for Dragon Ball

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

English subtitles

Japanese Closed Captions for Dragon Ball

Post by English subtitles » Mon May 11, 2020 2:59 pm

The Japanese Closed Captions (for learners, hard of hearing etc.) haven't been synched to the dragon ball Dbox video yet. Thnx. https://kitsunekko.net/dirlist.php?dir= ... apanese%2F

#dragonball #dragonballz #dbz

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Japanese Closed Captions for Dragon Ball

Post by VegettoEX » Mon May 11, 2020 3:45 pm

What are you asking vs. what are you telling?

Why are you adding hashtags?

I’m very confused.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Zestanor
Regular

Post by Zestanor » Mon May 11, 2020 9:31 pm

Ah, like actual Japanese language subtitles. That's pretty cool. But adding an already properly timed subtitle file to a video stream is really easy. It's so easy that there isn't really one main program for doing it, which may give you the appearance that it has never been done before. But any media player software that can load a disc can also load external subtitles if you know what you're doing.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Tue May 12, 2020 1:59 pm

All the series and movies are closed-captioned on Netflix Japan, except for GT which is not available there for some reason. They use the Dragon Box footage for the TV series, so the subs must sync with the DVDs, too. I wish I knew how to rip the subs, but I don't.

Zestanor
Regular

Post by Zestanor » Wed May 13, 2020 12:20 am

kei17 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:59 pm All the series and movies are closed-captioned on Netflix Japan, except for GT which is not available there for some reason. They use the Dragon Box footage for the TV series, so the subs must sync with the DVDs, too. I wish I knew how to rip the subs, but I don't.
If you follow his link, you'll see downloads for SRT sub files for every episode. So someone already did it.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:51 am

Zestanor wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:20 am
kei17 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:59 pm All the series and movies are closed-captioned on Netflix Japan, except for GT which is not available there for some reason. They use the Dragon Box footage for the TV series, so the subs must sync with the DVDs, too. I wish I knew how to rip the subs, but I don't.
If you follow his link, you'll see downloads for SRT sub files for every episode. So someone already did it.
They seem to be sourced from BS Fuji's rebroadcast, so I'm not sure they'll sync with the DBox footage.

English subtitles

Post by English subtitles » Wed May 20, 2020 9:45 am

If the Japanese Closed Captions were synched, it’d be a matter of translation(s) to have the ever sought-after synced subs… (yet, traduttore traditore)