General Fan Fiction Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: General Fan Fiction Thread

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:00 pm

Yeah I have a few Dragon Ball fics on AO3 and the engagment is REALLY low compared to FF.net. Almost depressingly so.

But on the bright side, I'm on chapter 3 of my End of Z retelling/canon divergent fic is coming along well.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:45 pm (half of which are Sailor Moon smut stories, seemingly)
...What? Or, more importantly, why? I'm not knocking crossover stories, I know people love them and love to make them, but why would specifically Future Trunks and the Sailor Moon universe be that popular as a crossover? Does Pluto come over to kick Trunks' ass for time travelling and then it all snowballs from there or something? I'm only at the beginning of Sailor Moon SuperS at the moment, so since my knowledge is a bit incomplete... What's the appeal of this exact combination?
...Is it just that Future Trunks is attractive? In which case the writers would be self-inserting as one of the Sailor Moon characters, maybe to the point where it's narrated in first person... I don't know, I don't think I want to do research on this.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:00 pm

Alruneia wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:24 pm
Jackalope89 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:45 pm (half of which are Sailor Moon smut stories, seemingly)
...What? Or, more importantly, why? I'm not knocking crossover stories, I know people love them and love to make them, but why would specifically Future Trunks and the Sailor Moon universe be that popular as a crossover? Does Pluto come over to kick Trunks' ass for time travelling and then it all snowballs from there or something? I'm only at the beginning of Sailor Moon SuperS at the moment, so since my knowledge is a bit incomplete... What's the appeal of this exact combination?
...Is it just that Future Trunks is attractive? In which case the writers would be self-inserting as one of the Sailor Moon characters, maybe to the point where it's narrated in first person... I don't know, I don't think I want to do research on this.
Usually has to do with Trunks being royalty through Vegeta. And they often use their own headcanons and make it an alternate universe. The few times I actually delved into them out of boredom, the characters really didn't have anything in common with the real thing. Just the name and looks. Sometimes. I've long since learned to keep it "T" rated when going through DB/Z/Super fanfics.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:42 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:00 pm
Usually has to do with Trunks being royalty through Vegeta. And they often use their own headcanons and make it an alternate universe. The few times I actually delved into them out of boredom, the characters really didn't have anything in common with the real thing. Just the name and looks. Sometimes. I've long since learned to keep it "T" rated when going through DB/Z/Super fanfics.
Well that's shallow. I can't say I'm very surprised, though. And I have to agree with that age rating choice, at least for the most part. I'm sure there's some Dragon Ball fan stories that are worth reading and have mature ratings, but for the most part.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:38 am

Alruneia wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:42 pm
Jackalope89 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:00 pm
Well that's shallow. I can't say I'm very surprised, though. And I have to agree with that age rating choice, at least for the most part. I'm sure there's some Dragon Ball fan stories that are worth reading and have mature ratings, but for the most part.
Oh, probably. I've just gotten to the point where I filter out most things above T in general. The only exception being for things like Halo crossovers. But that's an entirely different subject.

I have come across an interesting crossover with Super Broly being wished, instead of to Vampa, the DCAU of the 90s and early 2000s. Power scaling, well, it was never the most important thing to me (within a certain reason). But it's not bad. And Dragon Ball DC has kicked back up again recently too. My story... Well, writer's block has gotten to the point I can't even do a one shot for an entirely different story. Sad thing is, I still know a number of the plot points I wanted to do. Its just filling in everything that's the issue for it. :thumbdown:

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:54 am

Speaking of crossovers, is anyone familiar with Fate/stay night? I know nothing about it, but crossovers featuring that series are insanely popular on FFN.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:58 pm

TheGodfather93 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:54 am Speaking of crossovers, is anyone familiar with Fate/stay night? I know nothing about it, but crossovers featuring that series are insanely popular on FFN.
Vaguely, at best. But yeah, I've noticed there's a lot of them too.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:48 am

To any of my readers sorry for the wait. I have been busy. Still hope to produce the same content and I hope more people check out my work! :mrgreen:

My work: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13446149/1 ... T-Season-1

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:04 am

I seemed to have a snag myself, An inability to write, and not because I'm busy. My previous story was to be a team effort, and well, teams don't always finish together.

I'm going with something smaller this time. As Toriyama finally deigned to tell us, The Supreme Kais are supposed to be creating new planets for new sentient life to live on. So what if this information was present at the end of the Namek Saga, and so the Dragons refuse to make a planet without Shin's permission? And he refuses to see Kami and Moori, them being so low and inconsequential on the God hierarchy?

Not exactly a fix fic. Don't expect Super Namekians whomping Cell and Buu. But I think I have an interesting story to tell.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:01 pm

I haven't updated my crossoer since June. Mainly because I've been overwhelmed with work these past 3/4 months, but partly because I've lost most of the interest I had in My Hero Academia. I adored that series when I first started it, but the longer it went on, the more it disappointed me.

It became unnecessarily edgy, sometimes to a gross degree; the mangaka kept jumping the shark; and a lot of the charm it used to have was lost, only to be replaced with shallow, cliche shounen tropes. I still read it every week, but mainly because I want to see it through to the end.

I still love my crossover to death though. I just haven't had the time to write. Adulting sucks.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:18 pm

Hey guys, Gus here! And I wanna ask y'all a bit of a favor.

So, I'm currently writing the outline of my Dragon Ball Super rewrite, which I've been struggling for three years to get a good idea of where I wanted it to go, but now I think I finally have one, and two of my big problems with Super was the lack of elaboration on God Ki and the way that Goku achieves Super Saiyan God. With God Ki, we barely even know what it is, and we've been seeing characters without God Ki surpassing Goku and Vegeta in their Super Saiyan Blue forms since literally the second arc of the series. And with how SSG is achieved, it feels pretty dumb how a bunch of Saiyans could find a power that could bring them to the level of Gods by just holding their hands. So I wanna ask you guys...

First up, what's a cool way of explaining God Ki that makes it unique from regular Ki ("Keep your Ki inside of your body" is pretty vague of an explanation. In fact, that kinda makes things worse, cause Goku could've done that way earlier than now, like OG Dragon Ball way earlier than now), and what's a cool alternate route of achieving SSG that makes more sense than just holding hands?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:27 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:18 pm Hey guys, Gus here! And I wanna ask y'all a bit of a favor.

So, I'm currently writing the outline of my Dragon Ball Super rewrite, which I've been struggling for three years to get a good idea of where I wanted it to go, but now I think I finally have one, and two of my big problems with Super was the lack of elaboration on God Ki and the way that Goku achieves Super Saiyan God. With God Ki, we barely even know what it is, and we've been seeing characters without God Ki surpassing Goku and Vegeta in their Super Saiyan Blue forms since literally the second arc of the series. And with how SSG is achieved, it feels pretty dumb how a bunch of Saiyans could find a power that could bring them to the level of Gods by just holding their hands. So I wanna ask you guys...

First up, what's a cool way of explaining God Ki that makes it unique from regular Ki ("Keep your Ki inside of your body" is pretty vague of an explanation. In fact, that kinda makes things worse, cause Goku could've done that way earlier than now, like OG Dragon Ball way earlier than now), and what's a cool alternate route of achieving SSG that makes more sense than just holding hands?
Personally I disagree with those points but I am willing to help.
1) Explain God Ki as maybe some sort of merger of ones soul. Make it some sort of spiritual esc concept. Incorporate the ki inside of your body though. I think its cool the idea that we should pay attention when there is no aura. Make it about the soul attuning to dvine energy.

2) Have some room ro champer that is cloudy and filled with the ki, and the user soaks it in through intense training like a sponge.

Do make sure that powers make sense, no Kefla business and what not. Hope your clear with your work :thumbup:

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:26 pm

New chapter. I hope any who check it out enjoy
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13446149/1 ... T-Season-1

If you haven't checked out my previous stuff. You are welcomed to.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:52 am

New Chapter!

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

If you haven't checked out my previous stuff. You are welcomed to.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:20 pm

So, some of y'all might be familiar with my fic Cold World, which has been in my sig for a while. I've decided to rewrite it because frankly I wasn't a particularly good writer back then, but it's also my most popular story. So I want a better version of it out there that actually reflects my writing ability. I dropped the first chapter today:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13726171/1 ... orld-Redux

I'll be taking the story in a bit of a different direction, too.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:10 pm

So guys, I have another favor to ask y'all about my Super rewrite...

In Dragon Ball Super, Goten and Trunks were basically sidelined to being gag characters, and I feel like it shouldn't have been that way, they could've played much more of an important role than they actually did. They could've been like the Naruto and Sasuke from Part 1 or the Gon and Killua of the show, basically taking over the role that Gohan played in Z, the child prodigies (and of course, actually age, but we've all ranted about that to death, so I'm not even gonna talk about that here). But at the same time, I'm kinda struggling with how to incorporate them in a major way without them stealing too much of the spotlight from Goku and Vegeta. So that's why I wanna ask you guys...

What ideas would you suggest that puts Goten and Trunks in the Kid Gohan role of the story, while it still has most of the story center around their fathers?
Caulifla best girl! :)

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:19 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:10 pm So guys, I have another favor to ask y'all about my Super rewrite...

In Dragon Ball Super, Goten and Trunks were basically sidelined to being gag characters, and I feel like it shouldn't have been that way, they could've played much more of an important role than they actually did. They could've been like the Naruto and Sasuke from Part 1 or the Gon and Killua of the show, basically taking over the role that Gohan played in Z, the child prodigies (and of course, actually age, but we've all ranted about that to death, so I'm not even gonna talk about that here). But at the same time, I'm kinda struggling with how to incorporate them in a major way without them stealing too much of the spotlight from Goku and Vegeta. So that's why I wanna ask you guys...

What ideas would you suggest that puts Goten and Trunks in the Kid Gohan role of the story, while it still has most of the story center around their fathers?
I don't know how far you intend to deviate, but the way the series became even before Super it's practically impossible to put Goten and Trunks in an equal standing to their fathers.

Post Buu Arc, Gohan, and Good Buu are the 3rd, and 4th strongest characters on the planet, and anyone that can defeat them, it doesn't take long before Goku and Vegeta appear. So whatever you want Goten and Trunks to do, you'd have to get rid of 4 other characters each and every time just to give them a chance to be relevant. And even if you use Gotenks for them to leapfrog even past Gohan, a leap in itself, they're still not at a level to fight gods, they aren't nowhere as trained, Then there's the time limits, so they'd get in the way of their father's. You can't even really get Goten and Trunks to a fighting shape either. They're either stronger than everyone that could train them, or weaker than people too busy, too stupid, or themselves in training, to even stop what they're doing to help.

If you want Goten and Trunks to get past these hurdles, imho you'd have to get them away from literally everyone for an arc or multiple arcs with no way for them to get saved. Then you'd have to get them as competent as any of the old guard fighters. Then lastly you'd have to get them beefed up to where without fusion they are stronger than Gohan, and reach the god tier at Fusion. Then next arc they are ready to be characters worth using in a major way.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:33 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:19 pm
Dragon Ball Gus wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:10 pm So guys, I have another favor to ask y'all about my Super rewrite...

I don't know how far you intend to deviate, but the way the series became even before Super it's practically impossible to put Goten and Trunks in an equal standing to their fathers.

Post Buu Arc, Gohan, and Good Buu are the 3rd, and 4th strongest characters on the planet, and anyone that can defeat them, it doesn't take long before Goku and Vegeta appear. So whatever you want Goten and Trunks to do, you'd have to get rid of 4 other characters each and every time just to give them a chance to be relevant. And even if you use Gotenks for them to leapfrog even past Gohan, a leap in itself, they're still not at a level to fight gods, they aren't nowhere as trained, Then there's the time limits, so they'd get in the way of their father's. You can't even really get Goten and Trunks to a fighting shape either. They're either stronger than everyone that could train them, or weaker than people too busy, too stupid, or themselves in training, to even stop what they're doing to help.

If you want Goten and Trunks to get past these hurdles, imho you'd have to get them away from literally everyone for an arc or multiple arcs with no way for them to get saved. Then you'd have to get them as competent as any of the old guard fighters. Then lastly you'd have to get them beefed up to where without fusion they are stronger than Gohan, and reach the god tier at Fusion. Then next arc they are ready to be characters worth using in a major way.
Basically why the two of them are either popped over into a crossover series to cause mischief, or the story is written when they're in their teens (if they're the main focus). Only time I've seen either take a major role was when it was a Bardock-centric story, with Bardock and Goten being "grumpy-gramps and happy grandson".

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:57 pm

Ahem....

I've been waiting to post my fan story on Kanzenshuu ever since I joined this website. It is my honor to present to you....

So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:04 pm

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:57 pm Ahem....

I've been waiting to post my fan story on Kanzenshuu ever since I joined this website. It is my honor to present to you....

broken image file