Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:09 pm

Well, let's not worry, in any case. Vegetto & Bra have big flaws, along with their redeeming qualities, and boy howdy, Salagir's got some plans for them :) !

Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:11 pm

You know how universally liked your waifu character is when you pit them against a child abuser for most disliked.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:49 pm

At this rate and Salagir’s “they have a long way to go” I feel like DBM is gonna go on for another 20 years :lol:

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:17 pm

I guess Bra's redeeming qualities are yet to come

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:58 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:17 pm I guess Bra's redeeming qualities are yet to come
Bra's redeeming quality I guess is that she was abused as a kid? Her bond with Gohan however should have been much stronger as he was the one who tried to help her. Personally I would have had her mourn Goten quicker realizing her mistake then Vegito shows up.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:27 am

JewyB wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:11 pm You know how universally liked your waifu character is when you pit them against a child abuser for most disliked.
I'm not sure it's considered child abuse when your child has destroyed an entire planet of people, including their brother, along with the entire solar system. At this point, especially considering her reaction to finding out she surpassed Gohan, it is irresponsible to leave her alive. At the very least, she should be Evil Containment Waved into a rice cooker and left somewhere no one would ever find her.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:03 am

Fionordequester wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:09 pm Well, let's not worry, in any case. Vegetto & Bra have big flaws, along with their redeeming qualities, and boy howdy, Salagir's got some plans for them :) !

That's an interesting spin. I guess he underestimated how awful he created her.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:44 am

FoolsGil wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:03 am That's an interesting spin. I guess he underestimated how awful he created her.
No, no, see, it's kind of like when Piccolo told Super Buu to kill all the earthlings. Pre-tty awful stuff, even if his intent was good... But hey, they have the Dragon Balls. That kinda just makes everything better:

Not that we're saying Vegetto's bad, mind. His heart was in the right place, dude just didn't choose his words very carefully. Goku & Vegeta were flawed parents, so Vegetto's got some issues there, too.

Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:23 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:44 am
FoolsGil wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:03 am That's an interesting spin. I guess he underestimated how awful he created her.
No, no, see, it's kind of like when Piccolo told Super Buu to kill all the earthlings. Pre-tty awful stuff, even if his intent was good... But hey, they have the Dragon Balls. That kinda just makes everything better:

Not that we're saying Vegetto's bad, mind. His heart was in the right place, dude just didn't choose his words very carefully. Goku & Vegeta were flawed parents, so Vegetto's got some issues there, too.

Hm.

I don't think its even remotely close to compare what Piccolo did, to Bra.

1) There was no one physically outside of a fusion that could stop Buu, and only the dragonballs could reverse the effects. If Piccolo went all heroic, everyone on the lookout dies, and that meant Gotenks was never going to be able to hold the line (though they predicted he'd save the world) and that the dragonballs would not be able to reverse what happened. It was a cold calculated call, but there was a reset button.

2) What happened on that planet, Bra wasn't Piccolo. Bra was Buu. She actively killed those people upon losing control of herself. And she gave no fucks about it because she's now stronger than Gohan. Yes, the Dragonballs can bring those people back, And yes, losing control can be forgiven, if the character who lost control actually has remorse. But Bra didn't. And even if Bra had remorse for her actions, she still wouldn't be the Piccolo in the situation, because what she did, wasn't for some burning matchstick thrown into the darkness, full of hope, believing that if Buu's sadism is sated, things can be fixed later. She lost her mind. Period. She was the sadist.

And I don't give 2 shits what Salagir says about Vegetto. Vegetto is whatever he wants him to be. You can blame or bless anything Vegetto does to Goku or Vegeta with him. So whatever on that.
Last edited by FoolsGil on Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:30 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:27 am I'm not sure it's considered child abuse when your child has destroyed an entire planet of people, including their brother, along with the entire solar system. At this point, especially considering her reaction to finding out she surpassed Gohan, it is irresponsible to leave her alive. At the very least, she should be Evil Containment Waved into a rice cooker and left somewhere no one would ever find her.
He still immediately charged in with a punch to the face. Against a child.

Now that child may have the power of the gods, but so does he, so relatively, its the same difference between say, us and a regular child. He could probably go with less severe approaches than straight up face punch.

And this is coming from someone who would very much like to punch Multiverse Bra in the face.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:33 pm

JewyB wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:30 pm
ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:27 am I'm not sure it's considered child abuse when your child has destroyed an entire planet of people, including their brother, along with the entire solar system. At this point, especially considering her reaction to finding out she surpassed Gohan, it is irresponsible to leave her alive. At the very least, she should be Evil Containment Waved into a rice cooker and left somewhere no one would ever find her.
He still immediately charged in with a punch to the face. Against a child.

Now that child may have the power of the gods, but so does he, so relatively, its the same difference between say, us and a regular child. He could probably go with less severe approaches than straight up face punch.

And this is coming from someone who would very much like to punch Multiverse Bra in the face.
What else could he have done, patted her on the head and gently scolded her? The only way of stopping her was to knock her out.

Also I agree with everything FoolsGil said in response to the Piccolo vs Bra debate

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:42 pm

I can't believe the author sees Bra as Piccolo and not as Buu. It explains why his story is a mess though.

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:46 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:33 pm What else could he have done, patted her on the head and gently scolded her? The only way of stopping her was to knock her out.

Also I agree with everything FoolsGil said in response to the Piccolo vs Bra debate
I mean, he could have restrained her, he's stronger than her no?

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:57 pm

So, Salagir basically called Vegitto a psychopath, and used that as an excuse for why Bra is a psychopath (but isn't, according to Salagir)?

This is practically right up there with those rare but horrifying fanfics that put Goku and Bra together (no, I never read them, only saw them listed among other fanfics).

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:00 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:57 pm So, Salagir basically called Vegitto a psychopath, and used that as an excuse for why Bra is a psychopath (but isn't, according to Salagir)?

This is practically right up there with those rare but horrifying fanfics that put Goku and Bra together (no, I never read them, only saw them listed among other fanfics).
Goku and Bra? That's one hell of a crack pairing. There's literally no reason he would even look at Bra.

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:15 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:00 pm Goku and Bra? That's one hell of a crack pairing. There's literally no reason he would even look at Bra.
"Hey baby i hear you like to.... y'know... train ;)"

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:01 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:57 pm So, Salagir basically called Vegitto a psychopath, and used that as an excuse for why Bra is a psychopath (but isn't, according to Salagir)?

Yeah I read one out of morbid curiosity and they’re as horrifying as you think. Yikes.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:06 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:00 pm

Goku and Bra? That's one hell of a crack pairing. There's literally no reason he would even look at Bra.
Yeah, I would rather NOT get into the heads of those people.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:06 pm

JewyB wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:46 pm
Dbzfan94 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:33 pm What else could he have done, patted her on the head and gently scolded her? The only way of stopping her was to knock her out.

I mean, he could have restrained her, he's stronger than her no?
She was in the moddle of a rampage. Trying to restrain her peacefully would have probably resulted in her turning on him. And again, she murdered a whole planet. He would have been justified if he snapped her neck instead. She's only alive because she has the privilege of being his daughter.

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:45 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:06 pm She was in the moddle of a rampage. Trying to restrain her peacefully would have probably resulted in her turning on him. And again, she murdered a whole planet. He would have been justified if he snapped her neck instead. She's only alive because she has the privilege of being his daughter.
Its the equivalent of a saiyan tantrum. When real children lash out and throw a tantrum and start hitting people we can still restrain them without knocking them unconscious.