What would happen if after Cell blew himself up he didn’t learn instant transmission and was stuck in otherworld?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MasterVampire
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

What would happen if after Cell blew himself up he didn’t learn instant transmission and was stuck in otherworld?

Post by MasterVampire » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:44 pm

I’ve been wondering about this.

After Cell exploded on King Kais planet he regenerated and luckily survived and to his surprise he now knew gokus instant transmission technique and used it to get back to Earth.

But what if he never got it?

What would he do being stuck in the afterlife but not dead?

Sure Earth would be safe now but what happens to everyone in the afterlife?

Does King Yemma have any power over him even though his status is alive?

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: What would happen if after Cell blew himself up he didn’t learn instant transmission and was stuck in otherworld?

Post by Lionel » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:38 pm

Not too many examples of living ningen in the afterlife to draw a comparison with. Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, and Buu offer the best glimpses -- from what we can tell, the gods around them were unable to keep them under control. I feel Cell would enjoy similar freedom though he would ironically be stranded in the afterlife.

precita
Banned

Re: What would happen if after Cell blew himself up he didn’t learn instant transmission and was stuck in otherworld?

Post by precita » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:37 am

It actually creates a plothole in the anime when Cell is dead. He's shown causing trouble with Freeza in Hell before Goku/Pikkon step in, but why can't Cell just teleport to Earth? Is it because King Yemma sentenced him to Hell and that somehow "prevents" him from leaving?

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:45 am

He would be stuck in the Otherworld for eternity, probably.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:48 am

Cell would start messing stuff up in the Afterlife, and Goku would be like "brb, I'll get Gohan to finish the job".

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:58 pm

precita wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:37 am It actually creates a plothole in the anime when Cell is dead. He's shown causing trouble with Freeza in Hell before Goku/Pikkon step in, but why can't Cell just teleport to Earth? Is it because King Yemma sentenced him to Hell and that somehow "prevents" him from leaving?
Well if we're going by filler and anime-only stuff, in Movie 9 Goku tried to teleport from the afterlife to Earth despite being dead, and he got there for a split second, but was immediately sent back. So that's probably what would happen to Cell as well. Still might be enough time for him to destroy the Earth or something, though.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:08 am

That's kind of what I figured. Granted Toei was never really thinking it through that the villains keeping their bodies in Hell would logically cause trouble, and the ogres down there would have no way to control them. But I suppose King Yemma passing judgement has a special "hold" on them preventing them from leaving, same way Dabura was sent to Heaven...lol