A very perplexing question...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.
User avatar
G-Villain
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:03 pm
Location: L.A.

A very perplexing question...

Post by G-Villain » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:16 pm

I've considered many times the possibility of Gohan being SSJ2 in Movie 10 upon first transforming against LSSJ Broly. I've collected a surplus of my own observations and data supporting my theory, but of course it cannot really be proven because of the lack of lightning bolts in his aura after transforming. I'll just get to the question. Do any of you know of a reliable source confirming that Gohan is SSJ2 in that particular skirmish between him and LSSJ Broly?

User avatar
Raki
I Live Here
Posts: 2720
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:50 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by Raki » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:31 pm

No lightning= No SSJ2.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

User avatar
Vekurotto
Regular
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:00 am

Post by Vekurotto » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:54 pm

Gohan wouldn't be able to hold Super Saiyan 2 either for that long by Movie 10 time. The only time he ever became Super Saiyan 2 as a 16 year old was when he showed Kibito at the Budokai.

And Raki's right btw.
Be grateful the filler in Dragon Ball doesn't suck like the 3rd arc of Rurouni Kenshin.

[size=59][quote="Onikage725"]Anakin: I'm haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me. My heart is beating…hoping that kiss will not become a scar. You are in my very soul, tormenting me…what can I do? I will do anything you ask. If you are suffering as much as I am, please, tell me.

Me: YES! Please shut the fuck up!![/quote][/size]

User avatar
Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN
Posts: 898
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:22 am

Read the lower half of the first post of this topic. Fellow forum member Duo went into quite a bit of detail on this.
Last edited by Ex-Dubbie369 on Tue May 20, 2008 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Casual Matt
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1184
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:18 pm
Location: Canada

Post by Casual Matt » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:54 am

Raki wrote:No lightning= No SSJ2.
In the manga, yes.

In the anime, that argument is terribly flawed.

User avatar
G-Villain
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:03 pm
Location: L.A.

Post by G-Villain » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:48 am

Like I said, I hold my own view on this, and I have a good deal of it worked out in actuality. I'm well aware of what Duo has said and has brought up in numerous conversions, but even his points are flawed. I'm not here to start a debate on this. I'm just asking if anyone has heard of or knows a reliable source which may state that Gohan was SSJ2 in Movie 10. And it's funny because it says that he was right on the main site of Daizenshuu EX in the Broly biography I think. I know it's a crazy question for a lot of you canon lovers here, because I understand you're heavily showered with it in such an environment as this, that being the Daizenshuu Forum, but bear with me. So please, if someone has something to share with me regarding my question, it would be just wonderful.

vicdmx
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 77
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: Spain

Post by vicdmx » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:43 pm

Raki wrote:No lightning= No SSJ2.
Agreed.
Life is Life.

User avatar
NeptuneKai
I Live Here
Posts: 3576
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:51 pm

Post by NeptuneKai » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:53 pm

No, there are no facts anywhere stating your theory is true.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

User avatar
USSJed
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:45 pm

Post by USSJed » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:47 pm

The anime puts lightning on every Super Saiyan Transformation...
Wow, unreal, my gosh....This is amazing! I feel incredible! Yes Yes Yes Yes! I can win, I feel great, I can do this eyah!
-Piccolo, the Super Namek

User avatar
Catterix2006
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:49 am
Location: London, UK

Post by Catterix2006 » Tue May 20, 2008 6:34 pm

There's always lightning at each transformation, at some point.

I always thought the best way would be to look at the hair. SSJ1 Gohan has 2 bangs coming down on his forehead, SSJ2 Gohan has 1 very long and pointed one, like what appeared in the Babidi saga.

I don't have anything with me to clarify, but surely that's the best way to find out.
I love humans, always seeing patterns in things that aren't there.

User avatar
Rocketman
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10799
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:17 pm

Post by Rocketman » Wed May 21, 2008 5:31 am

He's not a Super Saiyan 2 because Broly smacks him around.

User avatar
Conan the SSJ
I Live Here
Posts: 2814
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:40 am
Location: Ohio

Post by Conan the SSJ » Wed May 21, 2008 3:22 pm

Rocketman wrote:He's not a Super Saiyan 2 because Broly smacks him around.
Broly was previously at a level in movie 8 that owned post-RoSaT SSJ Goku, Gohan, etc. Hell, he took a full powered Kamehame-Ha from Goku at pointblank range to the face, it did nothing. Arguably, like SSJ Mark-III Trunks (sans speed), he was on par to SSJ2. Now he's recovered from as near-fatal a wound as any and as a Saiyan, obviously gets a natural zenkai boost. He can't outclass a SSJ2 Gohan whom isn't as powerful as he was as a preteen?
14 years later

Post Reply