Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:18 pm

Why can't we get this Gohan in Super ?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:27 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:18 pmWhy can't we get this Gohan in Super?
Because this Gohan is stronger than Goku and Vegeta.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:02 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:18 pm Why can't we get this Gohan in Super ?
Because this Gohan is out of character ?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:10 pm

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:02 pmBecause this Gohan is out of character ?
How's he out of character for getting angry at someone putting his daughter in danger ?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:28 pm

Yeah, neither Gohan being stronger than Goku and Vegeta or his behavior have been out of character. He was the strongest non-fused character in Z, and he tends to lose his mind when the people he cares about are hurt. I mean...his anger was the source of his hidden power up until the end of the Cell Saga. It was the reason he was able to reach Super Saiyan 2 in the first place.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:46 pm

I don't know what, but something about this Gohan seems off.

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:49 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:10 pm
Jiren The Alpha wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:02 pmBecause this Gohan is out of character ?
How's he out of character for getting angry at someone putting his daughter in danger ?
It's out of character because Gohan would have been angry but not threaten him, and Gohan's anger issues has been exaggerate by the fanbase, he is not a character like the Hulk, hes a guy that gets angry like every other character in the show.

And that dialog is so cringe and would not have happend like that in a official product, but that's just me.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:04 pm

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:49 pmThat dialog is so cringe and would not have happened like that in a official product.
You clearly haven't seen Super's anime in awhile.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:09 pm

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:49 pmIt's out of character because Gohan would have been angry but not threaten him, and Gohan's anger issues has been exaggerate by the fanbase, he is not a character like the Hulk, hes a guy that gets angry like every other character in the show.

And that dialog is so cringe and would not have happend like that in a official product, but that's just me.
What? Gohan's the only character who fights to kill, not getting any enjoyment out of it. While Goku and Vegeta get enjoyment out of fighting the bad guy, Gohan shows up and says, "I'm not here to fight you. I'm here to kill you."

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:59 pm

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:49 pm
Matches Malone wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:10 pm
It's out of character because Gohan would have been angry but not threaten him, and Gohan's anger issues has been exaggerate by the fanbase, he is not a character like the Hulk, hes a guy that gets angry like every other character in the show.

Yeah, that's the thing that people, especially Multiverse, don't understand - Gohan doesn't have anger problems. It's just that when he DOES get angry, an insane amount of power comes out that makes him a serious threat to whoever pissed him off.

Gohan's struggle isn't controlling his anger - it's learning to control his powers without needing to be angry.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:21 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:04 pm
Jiren The Alpha wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:49 pmThat dialog is so cringe and would not have happened like that in a official product.
You clearly haven't seen Super's anime in awhile.
Do you have an example? and your right i haven't :lol:

Jiren The Alpha
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Jiren The Alpha » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:28 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:09 pm
Jiren The Alpha wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:49 pmIt's out of character because Gohan would have been angry but not threaten him, and Gohan's anger issues has been exaggerate by the fanbase, he is not a character like the Hulk, hes a guy that gets angry like every other character in the show.

What? Gohan's the only character who fights to kill, not getting any enjoyment out of it. While Goku and Vegeta get enjoyment out of fighting the bad guy, Gohan shows up and says, "I'm not here to fight you. I'm here to kill you."
What about Cell games Gohan? and Gohan did not finish Super Buu when he could have, he enjoyed beating him up.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:07 pm

Jiren The Alpha wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:28 pm What about Cell games Gohan? and Gohan did not finish Super Buu when he could have, he enjoyed beating him up.
Right. He enjoyed beating him up. There's a difference between enjoying the excitement of battle and enjoying watching your enemy suffer.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:37 am

The thing with Gohan is he's more business-like in his approach with fights, but when he has a clear edge, he gets arrogant. He egged Cell and Buu on until they pulled desperate and dangerous ploys (Well, in the case of Buu, gave him enough time to run his charade). He and Piccolo even touched on that in Super.

Gohan fights better with his back to the wall. Otherwise, he goes full frontrunner.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:54 pm

The Jackal
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Jackal » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:56 pm

This special has been really good, which is surprising because I think DBM itself is cack nowadays.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:33 pm

This whole thing is too americanized and edgy

!* Vegeta would never force Goku to trian to get stronger, he alwas goes his own way, yes he has trained with him but never was his idea and he always trains alone if he can, especially when he want to achieve a new level, and at the first second of Goku complaining he would go to train alone.

2* Vegeta always says he'll find his own way of doing things, so trying to copy Gohan is kinda lame for him

3* Vegeta would never do anything like that during the end of Z era, this Vegeta is too much of an ass compared to end of Z Vegeta

4* Goku would Never watch calmly while Vegeta attacks Gohan like that, he would at least put a surprised face and say something along the lines "what are you doing vegeta?"

5* Gohan would never be this melodramatic, he surely reprimand Vegeta but never like that

6* while this Vegeta is too much of an happy trigger ass for me, cannon Vegeta with all the goody goody he has got would never just say "noted" to someone saying "I will kill you" , he may not actually attack Gohan, but at last he would never put his head down and take it like that.

Its not bad as fanfiction, but the real characters are nothing like this IMO.

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:02 pm

YamiGoku wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:33 pm This whole thing is too americanized and edgy

!* Vegeta would never force Goku to trian to get stronger, he alwas goes his own way, yes he has trained with him but never was his idea and he always trains alone if he can, especially when he want to achieve a new level, and at the first second of Goku complaining he would go to train alone.

2* Vegeta always says he'll find his own way of doing things, so trying to copy Gohan is kinda lame for him

3* Vegeta would never do anything like that during the end of Z era, this Vegeta is too much of an ass compared to end of Z Vegeta

4* Goku would Never watch calmly while Vegeta attacks Gohan like that, he would at least put a surprised face and say something along the lines "what are you doing vegeta?"

5* Gohan would never be this melodramatic, he surely reprimand Vegeta but never like that

6* while this Vegeta is too much of an happy trigger ass for me, cannon Vegeta with all the goody goody he has got would never just say "noted" to someone saying "I will kill you" , he may not actually attack Gohan, but at last he would never put his head down and take it like that.

Its not bad as fanfiction, but the real characters are nothing like this IMO.
You really put into words why this special felt off to me

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:13 pm

I know he says it because he put his daughter in danger but Gohan would just kill Bulma's husband and Trunks's dad when arguably he and Goku lut.Pan in danger as well.

I'm not going to argue canon vs fanfiction but I feel Gohan saying I'll make you pay or something vs kill you would have been better.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:33 pm

My take is this,

It's Vegeta who's out of character, for starters he just isn't stronger then goku in the same form, that's just wank.

But furthermore by this point vegeta is a kinder chiller better person. He still wants to surpass Goku but pretty much in the same way Tenshinhan or Piccolo do. Because they are dedicated martial artists and want to improve themselves too.

I think Gohan would warn death onto anyone who endangered his kid. Just that Vegeta wouldn't do it at this point. He'd move pan and Oob out the way first or ask Gohan to move or something. Or just explain it in words.

DBM Vegeta is Cell saga vegeta with swear words but with fan wank on his power level and it sucks.

That's why the Gohan scene feels off. He shouldn't have to say it to any version of Trunks dad that actually 'exists' in canon.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.