What would happen if Grand Supreme Kai met Supreme Kai?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBFanTalk

What would happen if Grand Supreme Kai met Supreme Kai?

Post by DBFanTalk » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:09 pm

The Galactic Patrol Prisoner arc reintroduced the character of Grand Supreme Kai as a rival to the villain Moro. The arc is currently ongoing and in it's third-act however, the character of Supreme Kai (and Old Kai) have been absent completely. We have yet to see a reunion between master and pupil. How do you imagine this event unfolding?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: What would happen if Grand Supreme Kai met Supreme Kai?

Post by Grimlock » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:15 pm

Dai Kaioshin: Huh? Where are the other Kaioshins? None of them were reborn?

Kaioshin of East: Yeah, I've been almost alone this entire time. Having to watch over the entire Universe all by myself, a job that requires four of us. By the way, I've also been slacking in creating planets and life, thug life, bro. 8)

Dai Kaioshin: There's something really wrong going on behind the curtains...
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:31 pm

I think he'd be embarrassed to learn of how low Universe 7 has fallen since his disappearance. He'd be like:

"I devoted my entire life to the stability and prosperity of U7, and you mean to tell me that our universe has the second lowest mortal level in the cosmos? What the hell happened after I died???"

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:02 pm

he was described as generally being a happy-go-lucky person, who even forgot to teach Shin a lot of stuff so...

Nodeo-Franvier

Post by Nodeo-Franvier » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:40 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:15 pm Dai Kaioshin: Huh? Where are the other Kaioshins? None of them were reborn?

Kaioshin of East: Yeah, I've been almost alone this entire time. Having to watch over the entire Universe all by myself, a job that requires four of us. By the way, I've also been slacking in creating planets and life, thug life, bro. 8)

Dai Kaioshin: There's something really wrong going on behind the curtains...

maybe there are no new Mohawk golden fruit after the Buu invasion that why other direction Supreme kai position are left vacant.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:51 pm

Maybe. I'd like a confirmation on that, but I doubt they'll ever provide one. There is this interview which Toriyama comments about their birth but not much clarification is provided. The Kaioshin Realm still exists so there should still be a way for them to be born. Then again, everything he said in that little paragraph is contradicted by the series, since no Kaioshin "grew like a planet" since they were killed.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:49 pm

I was wondering the same thing myself not so long ago.
I imagine he would treat the old Kaioshin with a lot of respect because he still is many generations older than the Dai Kaioshin, but would be much more in control of everything than Shin. He'd treat Shin as his little brother, I guess. He'd congratulate him for keeping the universe alive, or at least for seeking the right help to do so. He seems like the glass half full kind of people.

What I'm more interested about is how would Beerus and the Dai Kaioshin get along...

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:46 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:49 pm I was wondering the same thing myself not so long ago.
I imagine he would treat the old Kaioshin with a lot of respect because he still is many generations older than the Dai Kaioshin, but would be much more in control of everything than Shin. He'd treat Shin as his little brother, I guess. He'd congratulate him for keeping the universe alive, or at least for seeking the right help to do so. He seems like the glass half full kind of people.

What I'm more interested about is how would Beerus and the Dai Kaioshin get along...
I think his competence would impress Beerus.
He'd probably say he was a fool to give away his power leaving him to get killed but secretly he'd be impressed, he'd probably want him to stick around and would rather have his life link be on him.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.