"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:00 pm

I was really hoping for some classic Dragon Ball characters in this game. Arale would have been cool too.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:12 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:00 pm I was really hoping for some classic Dragon Ball characters in this game. Arale would have been cool too.
OG series being constantly ignored in any DB media is pissing me off. When was King Piccolo even playable last time? Not counting games like heroes or mobile games.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:36 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:00 pm I was really hoping for some classic Dragon Ball characters in this game. Arale would have been cool too.
sunsetshimmer wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:12 pmOG series being constantly ignored in any DB media is pissing me off. When was King Piccolo even playable last time? Not counting games like heroes or mobile games.
We got classic DB characters in Tenkaichi 3 which was very recent, 13 years ago to be exact, so stop complaining.

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:12 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:12 pm OG series being constantly ignored in any DB media is pissing me off. When was King Piccolo even playable last time? Not counting games like heroes or mobile games.
There was a pretty significant character from the DB era added this round with Muten Roshi. Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Kuririn, and to a lesser extent Piccolo all have their roots in the earlier chapters where their main battles took place. Yamcha had the oldest material replicated in the game with his Rogafufuken from chapter 08 until Muten Roshi was added.

Daimao was last playable in the 2009 Revenge of King Piccolo...I do think he is most notable character without an appearance in this game. Maybe in the sequel or if they continue on...I am looking forward to Baby for now.

TheMajinRedComet
Patreon Supporter

Post by TheMajinRedComet » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:27 pm

Yeah there is really no excuse for piccolo not being a alternate costume atleast, in Fighterz and xeno. The og DragonBall neglect feels intentional at this point.
Hiei: "So tell me - what's it like living in a constant haze of Stupidity?"
Hiei: "I know as much about games as I do puppies and huggs....Wake me up for the end of world"
Welcome to Super Vegeta's Big Bang Attack.... Welcome to Oblivion!!!
Remember "When things get weird, skip the last saga"-Chris Sabat

Meito

Post by Meito » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:26 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:25 pm remenber
What's the source of the survey? Where it was published? I totally missed that.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:43 pm

Meito wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:26 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:25 pm remenber
What's the source of the survey? Where it was published? I totally missed that.
Finding the original source will be difficult since this came out when season 2 was announced ... but I'll try...

EDIT:
here
https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonballfigh ... _the_dbfz/

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:28 pm

It's safe to assume for now that season 4 will include 5 characters, bringing the total number to 24. Based on what we know, and based on that list, I think the following have a good chance of making the cut:

1- Omega Shenron: With Ssj4 Gogeta making it, it only makes since for him as well.

2- Toppo: The 2nd main antagonist of the TOP and the 8th most requested fighter on the list.

3- Dabura: The 12th most requested on the list, as well as a very unique character to include.

4- Raditz: The very first villain of Z, as well as Goku's brother. I think there's plenty to work with here.

5- I think Majin Vegeta might be likely, as the previous seasons included a version of Goku and a fusion (S1 included Base Goku, Vegeta, and Vegetto. S2 included Kid Goku and Blue Gogeta. S3 included MUI Goku and Ssj4 Gogeta), so with there being no others Gokus and fusions to include, he seems to be a safe bet.

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:50 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:36 pm
sunsetshimmer wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:12 pmOG series being constantly ignored in any DB media is pissing me off. When was King Piccolo even playable last time? Not counting games like heroes or mobile games.
We got classic DB characters in Tenkaichi 3 which was very recent, 13 years ago to be exact, so stop complaining.
I’m assuming this was meant to be a joke?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:13 am

sunsetshimmer wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:12 pm OG series being constantly ignored in any DB media is pissing me off. When was King Piccolo even playable last time? Not counting games like heroes or mobile games.
I blame the mishandlement of "Revenge of King Piccolo". Bandai saw it didn't sell and ceased to care about OG DB in videogames.

The problem however was it's Wii-only release. It should have gotten a higher quality PS3/360 port rather than limiting it to only one console.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:07 am

In Brightest Day wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:50 pm
Matches Malone wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:36 pm
I’m assuming this was meant to be a joke?
Of course it was a joke. How couldn't you tell ?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:02 am

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:23 am
sunsetshimmer wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:08 amPoor Omega
Omega was originally going to be first, but he wouldn't sign the contract Bandai offered him, so they went with those 2 instead. Omega being the smart business man that he is, wants a guaranteed appearance in the next 2 games, as well as a 10% pay increase for each game. Both Baby and Gogeta just took the first offer they got, which didn't include any pay increases or future appearances.

Omega was actually going to sign, the truth is that Goku and Vegeta demanded that SS4 be represented as well as another version of Vegeta. Those two have to be paid the most and have creative control over all DLC.

To kill two birds with one stone while also being fair to Goku, Baby was chosen for Vegeta's new form and SS4 Gogeta was chosen to represent SS4.

Rumor has it the two might demand SSG and Majin Vegeta in the next season.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:25 am

analyzing the survey again ... baby vegeta was the most requested GT villain although he also had votes against ... but omega is not even on the list ... only that most of fans mention it because of a leak that is losing relevance currently with this I say that maybe ... omega does not appearing as soon as we thought

incidentally ... almost all the characters on the list are appearing this last season ...
if now they are giving priority to these ... the most probable thing is that toppo and caulifla are the next characters since they are the last most requested super characters ...
in the case of gt, all the characters that appeared in the survey already appeared ... and since this season there were no characters from z, the following will surely be raditz, dabura and Mr Satan :think:

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:26 am

I would like to see:
- Pikkon
- Dabura
- Hercule (with the jet pack)
- Yajirobi
- Mercenary Tao
- Garlic Jr
Classic Dragon Ball fighters would be great. It's a damn shame Mercenary Tao and Yajirobi aren't playable.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:01 pm

After the final two inclusions, I'm positive fan requests and polls have zero affect on their decisions, and everything they add is long predetermined. I think they're adding things they themselves think should be included rather than what people want.

Here's my list of guesses:

Omega;
Super 17 (I think if Omega get's included, then all the big bads of GT might);
Raditz (the last big bad of Z);

can't really think of any good guys, none seem that important. Hercule would be pretty cool. EoZ Uub maybe?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:30 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:01 pm
Super 17 (I think if Omega get's included, then all the big bads of GT might);
As much as loath Super 17, his power and abilities would make for an intreasting character to use.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:09 pm

I would like to see Mecha Freeza be a skin for Freeza than have him be his own character. I still doubt we will see other DBZ movie villains because Broly, Coola, and Janemba are pretty much the big three of the DBZ movie villains if you ask me. The other characters don't have a big enough auddience to support them.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:19 pm

Baby looks cool, they really like to give gimmicks to Anchor characters; let's see how he turns out.

While GT isn't something I care about that much, I'm happy to see diversity with Baby in. Can't say I think the same about SS4 Gogeta,
the character appeared for what 1 episode? Most of his moves are already implemented on SSB Gogeta.

I'm really disappointed with this choice, the only way he'll be salvaged is if they turn him into SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta greatest hits, I suppose that's better than another Goku or Vegeta.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:44 pm

Even tough I am not super hyped for SSJ4 Gogeta, not only we haven't seen him in action yet, but all the Gokus and Vegetas so far play a lot different... altough SSJ Vegeta is my least favorite character in the game and I hate to play as him, thank god for his SSBlue form.
So I think the worries that we are getting SSJ4 Gogeta when Blue has his moves already, are pointless with Arc-sys... at least I will be really surprised, as so far they are consistent in making all the characters fun and unique, I just don't enjoy playing Videl and SSJ Vegeta, so that is nice outcome in such big roster.

I don't think that FighterZ needs a sequel or remake as it still looks great, but frankly, XV2 is in need of some overhaul or remaster as it looked dated on release already and the gameplay is utter crap, but I kinda like the content.
Seriously, Ultimate Tenkaichi looks leagues better than Xenoverse 2 does.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:34 pm

Paikuhan is boring.